No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Iowa +3 at Penn State

Ferentz owns Paterno. Hawks have an incredible recent history in Happy Valley. Iowa's nothing special this year, but Penn State is garbage. Might be a large play for me.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

also there, heard the line yesterday and jumped on it..

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Iowav should be laying 4 here. Penn St has fallen off a cliff talent wise.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Hawks on the road isn't usually a good invesment but you're right about Ferentz owning Pa and his boys. Small bet for me just to make it interesting.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

The Iowa line is screaming for a tease, my Lions have a horrid offense this year but as usual, a decent defense. Look for a close game or for Iowa to win SU.
    Last edited by Nittany Lion; 10-03-11 at 06:10 PM.

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Just put a couple of units on Iowa +4 (Bet365). Good point on the teaser as well.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Just take under... final will be like 4 t to 2

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

I saw that line and love it. PSU isn't that good this year and Iowa was off last week. #wellrested.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Now at +4 from a +1.5 open.

Wow.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Just take under... final will be like 4 t to 2
    It was 6-4 or something one year between these two teams.

EXpertcapper
    EXpertcapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 732

i like that bet NO Coincidences

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by flocko76 View Post
    Iowa was off last week. #wellrested.

Shit I forgot Iowa had a bye last week.

This bet is sounding pretty sharp, No Coin.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate Penn state but I am taking them this week.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    I hate Penn state but I am taking them this week.
    May I ask why? What's your angle?

Vin_vermillion

My angle is that 1) pitt almost beat iowa ( should have beaten them badly) at iowa. I am pretty sure psu at home is as good or better than pitt. In addition the betting publiv has to love iowa getting 4 in this game as they have traditionally owned psu. -4 screams go the other way to me.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Saying Penn St is as good or better than Pitt is pure foolery.

Vin, you are a fool.

travismcilrath
    travismcilrath's Avatar Become A Pro!

iowa wins outright

travismcilrath

ml ml ml all day

travismcilrath

pitts running back is a beast

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

+4 looks great and I'd be surprised if it doesn't drop

I have the impression PSU is a broken program. This team is 0-5 ATS this year. Joe Pa is half in the grave and just sits in the booth with his palm on his face leaving his assistants to squabble over power and control of the team. What the hell is going on at QB? 5 games in and they are still splitting reps with McGloin and Bolden. Give you an idea how bad their QB situation is fuked up, they are tied with OSU at 110th in completion % at 50.9%. OSU has 2 of the worst QBs I've ever seen splitting reps, and PSU has the same % as them..

Now you have Iowa coming off a bye after I think they turned a corner in confidence with that comeback win over PITT, a pretty decent team. Ferentz should have them ready for their Big Ten opener with a week to prepare.

There is a big concern with PSU's 5th total D. PSU held Bama to 359 yards, their season low.

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Pitt can't touch PSU's jock. PSU is nowhere near as good a team. Seeing that my TERRIBLE Hoosiers almost beat them last week? An IU team where 40% of the reps in that game were by FRESHMEN? Penn State is awful.

That being said, not sure Iowa is much better

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Saying Penn St is as good or better than Pitt is pure foolery.

Vin, you are a fool.

we will see Saturday wont we?

Vin_vermillion

usually I hate to see people lose, but I am going to laugh when you all go down in a ball of flames simply due to your smartass comments.

Kufta4
    Kufta4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowav should be laying 4 here. Penn St has fallen off a cliff talent wise.
    What? That's not even close to the case.

They have a terrible coaching staff and a QB coach who only got the job because of his dad.

It has nothing to do with talent because there a ton of it on that team.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

I think Penn St is the play here, barely.
    In Iowa's only road game this year they lost to Iowa St. Iowa St is a team who beat Northern Iowa by 1 point and UCONN by 4 points. They just lost to a questionable Texas team by 23 at home. Iowa St is not a good team.

Iowa did barely beat a decent Pitt team at home which is respectable.

Penn St played Alabama tighter than Florida did.

Iowa has been able to score this year while Penn St has not been able to. This is concerning for a Penn St backer as the past few years have shown this trend in this game with Penn St scoring 3 points in 2010, 10 points in 2009, and 23 points in 2008.

I think Penn St gets the offense going a bit in this game and plays strong D (maybe even gets a TD) and limits Iowa to less than 20 points.

Thinking a score like 23-17 Penn St

I think people are forgetting that in 2008 and 2009 Penn St went 11-2. The players currently are the recruits that were coming in during those great seasons. Penn State's D is very very good, and Stanzi figured out ways to beat em, I just don't see it happening without him this year.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    usually I hate to see people lose, but I am going to laugh when you all go down in a ball of flames simply due to your smartass comments.
    y r u such an ass man? couple of weeks ago we were all debating the okstate\a+m game when u got angry because someone didn't agree with u. u said u were gonna laugh your ass off when a+m won, and that okstate was the most over-rated team in the country. since then it has been shown that a+m was actually the most over-rated team in the country at that point, and that maybe u dont know every dam thing. so laugh on these guys if they lose money on this game i guess if it makes u feel better, but laugh on the ostate game too where u looked like an ass. see you seem that type to me...u lose and u never respond, but if your team wins u will be back in here telling these guys how right u were.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Penn St. is a bad football team. As a bettor you have to deal with it. Fade 'em

Its a revenge game for Penn St, but its hard to get revenge when you are harmless.

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    y r u such an ass man? couple of weeks ago we were all debating the okstate\a+m game when u got angry because someone didn't agree with u. u said u were gonna laugh your ass off when a+m won, and that okstate was the most over-rated team in the country. since then it has been shown that a+m was actually the most over-rated team in the country at that point, and that maybe u dont know every dam thing. so laugh on these guys if they lose money on this game i guess if it makes u feel better, but laugh on the ostate game too where u looked like an ass. see you seem that type to me...u lose and u never respond, but if your team wins u will be back in here telling these guys how right u were.
    I never saw anything on that thread later...sorr I didnt check back in every thread I posted in. Okie state will still end up 8-4 on the season. They have played a weak schedule (and their best win was against the highly OVER RATED year in and year out A&M team you mention)

1) I have an entire thread putting myself out there each week on my picks - so dont tell me that I dont respond when I lose
    2) How am I being an ass in "stating my opinion" but when someone says something smartass to me and I say I am going to laugh when I am right - then suddenly I am the jerk? Seems to me when I make a comment, then someone says something smart to me - and I reply with a comment (due to them being a jerk about it) then THEY ARE THE ASSES!
    3) next time you want to rub it in my face when I am wrong feel free to inbox me or post in my capping thread....either way I dont care. I am not going to be right about everything....

But if you think I am not going to smart off back to someone when they call me a "fool" you are sadly mistaken

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Fool

Vin_vermillion

Fool
    LOL - I have seen you make more wrong picks than a 3 year old with his finger up his nose....

You are about the biggest jock strap I have seen on this site when it comes to making picks.

blue.eyed.tuna
    blue.eyed.tuna's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am staying away from this game. PSU looks terrible especially on offense. I cannot place money on that team any time soon. That being said I think they could bounce back after last week and their defense could be the difference at home. I won't be betting this game, but I would consider the under a play or perhaps an Iowa and the under teas....although I think teasers in CFB are a waste in the long run...much better for NFL

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

agree blue...that is all i am playing is the under. vin...i don't care about getting into it with you man. i'm not coming after you for being wrong either...i am wrong myself A LOT so far...lol. only reason i said anything is because you made the same statement here in this thread, and most of your comments i have read are kinda rude...lol. whatever though...i for sure don't care enough about it to fight about it. my only battles come saturday are with my book and my guy here. anyways...good luck this weekend man, and to all you guys as well. btw...i know you have a thread because i look at it each week. i keep a thread and posted record as well...though not so good thus far.

Vin_vermillion

no worries sandman. And I am not USUALLY a dick unless someone cracks on me first....

I freely admit I can be a total jerk though once instigated....

Vin_vermillion

oh - and sandman...i would be careful on that under. If there is anything bad about Iowa - it is their defense.

I could see this game being a 27-24 type game. you may be right though too- both offenses are atrocious.

kellen2811
    kellen2811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

You guys PSU's offense is terrible seen them in person 2 times now. They will not score. Iowa being able to throw the ball is much better then PSU. We can run the ball but how long until we have to throw with two mediocre qb's. We are 4-1. 0-1 vs good or even mediocre teams, and 4-0 vs cupcakes or bottom barrel teams. Unless you think Iowa is not a decent team. They are better then Indiana and the rest of the garbage we have played. Unless the defense scores more then once we will not win this game outright. Also Mauti tore his ACL the leader on our defense and possibly our best player overall. You can lay the points if you want but to me the money will be with Iowa and probably the under also

1234 ... Last