Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Merry Christmas 5-0!

Luck..... skill..... call it what you want! But I'm 5-0 in the bowl games this year!

Celebrating Christmas with the family tomorrow so I'm posting early.

Playing Notre Dame-2

Look guys.... this game is sooooo important to Notre Dame. Charlie needs this win. This team needs this win. Notre Dame has the better athletes and they will have alot of fans there.

Notre Dame wins by 10! 6-0!?!?

guru-t
    guru-t's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congrats Husker!Just don't get too high.You could be 5-5 before you know it.I know I won't quit.Been doing this shit too long.Hawaii tomorrow!

Husker36

I'm definately due to lose. BUT.... it would be sweet to go 10-0.... especially since I wrapped them up in a lottery style 10 team parlay too!

Husker36

Seriously...... how does Notre Dame lose tomorrow? This game is HUGE for ND.

guru-t

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    I'm definately due to lose. BUT.... it would be sweet to go 10-0.... especially since I wrapped them up in a lottery style 10 team parlay too!
    I hope you do go 10-0.I told myself I wasn't going to play any games that I hadn't posted on my thread.My thread plays start tomorrow with Hawaii.2-2 thus far playing around with these games I knew were too close to call.Time to get down to business!Had a hell of a year thus far.I just hate to lose period.Been doing this shit way too ******* long to be playing dumb games.That game tonight was a novice mistake I made by playing it.Even if I would have took Boise,it would've been a mistake.A winner,but a mistake nonetheless.The game was a no play.Period.Too close to call.Called it right though.Just got ****ed by turnovers!Thats football but most of all thats gambling on football!

tenpinxx
    tenpinxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1110

Just dont see thempulling it off

guru-t

Seriously...... how does Notre Dame lose tomorrow? This game is HUGE for ND.
    The same way they lost to Syr-and 5 other teams.They are not very good.The words NDame have people blinded and have them thinking they are good because of their name.Bottom line is that this is not a good football team.

Husker36

Here is my 10 team parlay........

WF -3 WIN
    CST +3 WIN
    S Fla -12.5 WIN
    Arizona -3 WIN
    Boise St +3.5 WIN
    Notre Dame +1.5
    Central Mich -6.5
    Louis Tech +1
    Rice -2.5
    Boston College -3

guru-t

Here is my 10 team parlay........

WF -3 WIN
    CST +3 WIN
    S Fla -12.5 WIN
    Arizona -3 WIN
    Boise St +3.5 WIN
    Notre Dame +1.5
    Central Mich -6.5
    Louis Tech +1
    Rice -2.5
    Boston College -3
    LATECH and RICE are my biggest plays.I have a huge parlay going with them.You're doomed!NA.I'll start lighting it up.I always do.I;m not going to start thinking that everything I pick turns to shit because I lost a couple of games.GL!

Husker36

I know it's not Notre Dame of old...... but lets look at the facts......

Notre Dame has better athletes. Come on.... agree..... we are talking about HAWAII!
    Notre Dame travels well. There are a ton of ND fans.. and they have money.... they will show up in HAWAII!
    Hawaii lost 6 games themselves! Utah St 14-30, Boise St 7-27 (Bst didnt impress me TONIGHT!) San Jose St 17-20 (I saw San Jose St play the Huskers this year... they are BAD!) Its not like Notre Dame is playing a GOOD team!
    Charlie Weise needs this win. DESPERATELY! It's not one of those games where the team is just "happy to be there"..... or one of those games where a good team comes out flat because they had higher hopes..... This is a team that NEEDS to win this game.

Ofcoarse..... just my opinion...... but I really think this game could get ugly. This is a down year even for Hawaii.

My prediction
    ND 45
    Hawaii 17

guru-t

GL!You're probably right.I'll just keep pissing my money away I guess.One thing though.ND has traveled well the last 16 times they've been to bowls.They've always had money.What did all that shit get them?16 straight bowl losses.I'll just die with Hawaii tom night I guess!

SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

wow, i guess i better start incorporating the "needs to win this one" stat into my capping...and the "fans travel well" stat while i'm at it...forget that ND won one actual road game against eventual 0-12 Washington...i'll take the 4-2 at home non-athlete warriors

guru-t

I'm old school when it comes to this shit Husker and I'll just stick to what I know and what I've learned throughout the years.If I lose,I would rather lose doing these things!

Broncos9798
    Broncos9798's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLockPicks View Post
    "fans travel well"s

That is classic

Husker36

The reason I said "ND travels well" is because I didn't want to hear how Hawaii would have the "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE" when ND will have more fans there.

Anyway..... everyone laughed when I picked Boise St tonight. YES, I got lucky.... but a win is a win.

I'm NOT a fan of Notre Dame. I'm a Husker fan. (obviously) BUT I also know that the Gator bowl wanted ND over Nebraska..... because Notre Dame brings more fans. (and Nebraska is one of the top teams when it comes to fans that travel) Notre Dame had the Gator Bowl locked up until they choked against Syracuse. (which if you watched that game ND was up 23-10 going into the 4th quarter)

ANYWAY, I could go on and on about how much better the ND defense is than Hawaii's D..... etc etc etc

BUT I'll just conclude with this one statement..... if NOTHING else.... you can bet on Notre Dame..... are you ready for this??? you can bet on them because they are DUE to win a bowl game!!!

Let's see what happens! GL!

Husker36

The thing I think EVERYONE is forgetting is that NOTRE DAME is PLAYING HAWAII!!! HAWAII SUCKS!

guru-t

I never laugh at anybody's picks.They can pick what they want.Bottem line is that the smart play here was a no play!Hit or not!

guru-t

No need to act like you're never going to lose another game either.It'd not right to throw tough losses up in peoples faces.Win graciously and try to lose graciously.I've already gave congrats on this lucky cover so move on to the next game.TCU-Boise is old fukkkkkkkin news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guru-t

Luck..... skill..... call it what you want! But I'm 5-0 in the bowl games this year!

Playing Notre Dame-2

Look guys.... this game is sooooo important to Notre Dame. Charlie needs this win. This team needs this win. Notre Dame has the better athletes and they will have alot of fans there.

Hopefully this parlay goes down the shithole with Ndame!Might bring you back to earth!

keitht
    keitht's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

notre dame all day babeeeee...........

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by guru-t View Post
    Hopefully this parlay goes down the shithole with Ndame!Might bring you back to earth!
    Just to set the record straight..... I don't see myself going 10-0. It would be nice..... I consider the parlay a "lottery ticket". I'll be happy with a profit. Period.

ANYWAY, we are all here to make money. I was actually on Fresno St until people on here convinced me that Colorado St was the correct play. I'm definately not perfect and I'm just on here trying to make a living. Been doing this for 20 years now. The ONLY reason I even post my picks on here is to stir up discussion. Maybe I learn something new about a game that I did not realize. (like TCU's LB being out last night) Maybe someone can convince me that I'm on the wrong side. (Like the Colorado St/Fresno St game)

I studied the game and I came out with ND as a big favorite. Nobody has given me any info to change my mind. I still think ND has the better Defense and I actually believe they have a slight edge on offense too. (although if they would have started their freshman QB they probably have 2 more wins... but that's another story). Bowl season is always interesting because you never know how a team is going to come out. I believe Texas will be fired up and will try to blow out Ohio St to make a point for being the National Champ. I think Texas Tech comes out flat because they feel like they got screwed and they are not happy with their bowl game.

I liked Kent St in CBB last night.... I was wrong. Nobody is going to win every game. I'm not trying to offend anyone. I've had a few scares on my way to 5-0 and I'll still post my picks if I'm 5-5.

Anyway, good luck at whatever you all decide to do in this game. I've locked it in.

Merry Christmas!

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

There is no way, that anyone who sat and watched a 2 win Syracuse team go in and beat Notre Dame, should anyone be so sure about a Notre Dame victory. Anyone that watched Hawaii play Cincy very tough, should know Hawaii has a good scheme and is more athletic than you think.

There may not be a FBS team that ND could score 45 on.

Sure, Notre Dame might win. But to be SO POSITIVE after watching horrible performances by ND this season, c'mon..........

Hawaii +8.5

easy_pickens
    easy_pickens's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wouldn't go as far to say

Hawaii sucks. I've watched every game this year and Mac has pulled this team together and settled on Alexander. This game could surprise.
    As much as ND needs to win this one, I'd say Hawaii will go all out to win this game. The Hawaii fans will show up and tailgate by the ocean. It's a beautiful thing! ND fans will have made the journey here, but that won't play in the final outcome. Hawaii fans show up and pack Aloha Stadium. I'll be there!
    Last edited by easy_pickens; 12-24-08 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Oh heck yes, HI is athletic. They have nice weather year round here!

jeffbuff73
    jeffbuff73's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawaii the pick

a couple things stick out to me here. clausen throws almost as many INT's as he does TD's! Hawaii is playing at home and that crowd is a huge advantage. Hawaii is coming off a huge win against Cinncy. ND has been switching who calls plays all year and nothing has gotten better. I think if you really weigh all the key factors here and study the stats for this game, Hawaii is the right pick. I ML them for a hundred and lets see what happens. Weiss loses this game and they are in serious trouble in South Bend. GL to all and Merry Xmas!

carrenzo
    carrenzo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Statements Like that

The thing I think EVERYONE is forgetting is that NOTRE DAME is PLAYING HAWAII!!! HAWAII SUCKS!
    Statements like this should get you kicked off the board at least this thread. They are at a bowl game which is more than a lot of teams can say. Come half time repeat your meaningless post. Thats like saying ND is a great team!

Most of us know this game can be a repeat of last nights game. I got lucky with Boise and probably will get lucky again with Hawaii. All in all if you match up the teams played and size and strength ND should win with NP.

Good luck to All "Happy Holidays" 4-1 for bowl games Lost Arizona

guru-t

Here's why I'm on Hawaii.Their defense is absolutely stingy on the islands from what I've seen.They will do a lot of the same as far as play calling and take advantage of NDames aggressive defense with alot of screen passes and draw plays.Don't underestimate Hawaiis QB either.I don't know his name right off but the games I've seen have him as streaky.He can be really cold or really hot.I'm banking on the latter.If it wasn't for a fumble by SDSt at the goal line,they wouldn't be in a bowl game.SDSt!!!!Thats a team that sux!GL to everybody but I'm confident that I get back on the winning side of things tonight!

carrenzo

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by MSUSpartan32 View Post
    There is no way, that anyone who sat and watched a 2 win Syracuse team go in and beat Notre Dame, should anyone be so sure about a Notre Dame victory. Anyone that watched Hawaii play Cincy very tough, should know Hawaii has a good scheme and is more athletic than you think.

There may not be a FBS team that ND could score 45 on.

Sure, Notre Dame might win. But to be SO POSITIVE after watching horrible performances by ND this season, c'mon..........

Hawaii +8.5
    Amen to that! Watched the Cincy game as well. Hawaii's D looked exceptional hope to see them do the same and more.

carrenzo

Like your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by guru-t View Post
    Here's why I'm on Hawaii.Their defense is absolutely stingy on the islands from what I've seen.They will do a lot of the same as far as play calling and take advantage of NDames aggressive defense with alot of screen passes and draw plays.Don't underestimate Hawaiis QB either.I don't know his name right off but the games I've seen have him as streaky.He can be really cold or really hot.I'm banking on the latter.If it wasn't for a fumble by SDSt at the goal line,they wouldn't be in a bowl game.SDSt!!!!Thats a team that sux!GL to everybody but I'm confident that I get back on the winning side of things tonight!
    Good Luck to you as well. Fighting Rainbows +8

easy_pickens

If one had watched HI games this year...

There's no truth to the statement "Hawaii sucks." Plain and simple they're capable of pulling this off. It's been a building block effort, but now that they've settled the QB position with Alexander anything is possible because he has the gift to make things happen and sometimes just that will make or break a team.

But to say ND can walk in and runaway with this game, I don't think so. I still have not made up my mind on this one.

jeffbuff73
    jeffbuff73's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree, might be a repeat of last nights game. I hope so because that would make for a fun xmas eve. last nights game was really a good football game. glad i came up on the + side. Go Warriors!

easy_pickens

Gonna go with

ND

Ive been playing the Machine's system and last night instead of TCU went with Boisie last minute. Instinct is saying ND here. Last nights game was a good one. I think some of the loss for Boisie was their own doing more then being outplayed. Sad but true. I think ND at the end of the day will outplay Hawaii. This is a tough one for me as I've been a ND fan for many years as a native of Chicago. Now being here on Oahu I enjoy Warrior football, but the tried and true is ND and I'm taking them. Im 3-0 with the system but this games not included on that list. Perhaps a good thing!

Husker36

6-0!

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by easy_pickens View Post
    There's no truth to the statement "Hawaii sucks." Plain and simple they're capable of pulling this off. It's been a building block effort, but now that they've settled the QB position with Alexander anything is possible because he has the gift to make things happen and sometimes just that will make or break a team.

But to say ND can walk in and runaway with this game, I don't think so. I still have not made up my mind on this one.
    Hawaii DOES suck and ND DID walk in and runaway with this game.

guru-t

Congrats husker!**** Hawaii and that big pinata in the booth for NDame!!!

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playing Notre Dame-2

nice job on your 6-0, now there are 28 bowl games left, of which you will be lucky to go 15-13 which would put you at 21-13 for the bowls, an excellent record but probably worse than you expect, just know that the boise state cover was complete luck as they were statistically dominated, good luck going forward, you will need luck to continue the hot streak, skill can only take you so far in this bizness

12 Last