No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Good luck Dutch.

Under probably a better bet than a side. I wouldn't lay that many points at Happy Valley, even though Bama is definitely 10 points better than PSU.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Line is not budging so far and it seems like everyone and their mother is on Bama.....will have to keep a close eye on this as gameday approaches.......Like I said before, a 7 point teaser with Bama -2.5 or -3 is my favorite play. I don't see any way Penn St actually wins, and I honestly think Bama SHOULD win by 10+, but something seems a little fishy. Anyone else feel this way?

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

I'm going to be at this game and I'm Going to drop a few bills on Bama. Everyone said the same thing last year- Penn state is going to struggle this year against good teams.

ImmaBammer12
    ImmaBammer12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

I personally feel this is a safe bet taking Bama and giving the -10 pts. You have to look at what this game really was, a tune up and try out for his QB's to set themselves apart. That's exactly what was done. The offense responded to McCarron more but you won't see the flip flop of QB's this week against Penn State.

As for the running game and lack of performance from Trent Richardson, Saban is not going to open up all aspects of his offense the week before playing Penn State and showing his hand for JoePa to figure out in game film this week.

You can rest assure that the 5 turnovers that where made and penalties will be dealt with harshly by Saban this week. It's a tuneup game, this is what it's meant for. You see what you have to work with, get all the newbies used to the crowd (QB-Phillip Sims) so they can settle down and focus on the game and performing like he is known for. It's all in Saban's plan I assure you.

Kufta4
    Kufta4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Biggest bet I ever layed, by far, was Bama -12 vs. Penn st. week 2 last year. P st was starting a true freshman QB on the road against the 1# team at the time. Easy money.

This year it's Bama -10. I'm going to wait for a 1st half number, but either way I'm going to pound this game.

Not a lot of points were scored last year, and I think Bama's D is better this year. I don't have an o/u line yet but the under might be good.
    I'm a Penn State fan (and will be there this weekend) but I believe Penn State's defense is very very much improved as well. It's going to be 2 very good defenses going against offenses with problems. You also have to remember these 2 things. JoePa will play conservative and close to the vest and Saban will not run the score up on Joe given the opportunity.

Kufta4

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    Penn state may not have one quality win this year -10 is a gift IMO. Penn state wont keep this within 2 td's
    I'm a Penn State fan so its kind of hard for me to keep it objective but Ill try.

With a true freshman QB, on the road in Tuscaloosa, Penn State entered the red zone 3 times and took another drive to the 25 yard line. 3 turnovers and 1 field goal. I could attribute some of that on the inexperience at quarterback. Now, each QB has experience and are at home this year. Penn State is known for playing better at home and really bad on the road.

Also, Penn State's defense last year was littered with injuries. In 2007 Penn State had the 11th ranked defense. In 2008 they were #8 and in 2009 they were #9. Last year they were 35th and that was because of the injuries. I and many other Penn State fans suspect we will have our top 10 defense back. The site I used only went back to 2007 but we always have a top 15 defense. Alabama's offense didn't look like last year's so that is a plus too.

Last season was the first time in a long time Penn State didn't have a quality win. Last year was a fluke. I'm not going to sit here and say Penn State will win but if everything returns to normal in Happy Valley, it will be a closer game than you think.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It's tough to lay 10 on the road in Happy Valley with a newbie QB.

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

McGloin could cover the spread for Bama by himself, he's an interception machine vs defenses with a pulse.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

All I know, is I pray for Alabama fans that they don't get bottles of pee thrown on them and beer cans thrown at them. Typical behavior for your average PSU fan when they win a game.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

i have been involved in many terrible situations and getting pissed on directly (man or woman) on is better than getting bottles of piss thrown at you because of the bottle factor, if its glass. if its plastic you are good to go in most cases.

LastSonKal-El
    LastSonKal-El's Avatar Become A Pro!

im surprised no one has mentioned teasing PSU at +17

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

have bama teased with miami -winner
    and miss st.

Sabear
    Sabear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Bama cant have a better defense this year when they lost better players.

In fact, they have not lost anyone. Last years team was incredibly young on the def side of the ball.

nunny
    nunny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 714

Im getting 11 points! PSU at home as a heavy dog, ill take em!

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by Sabear View Post
    In fact, they have not lost anyone. Last years team was incredibly young on the def side of the ball.
    Not lost anyone? How silly is that.

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Not lost anyone? How silly is that.
    Now that I look at it, they actually didn't. All they lost on defense was Dareus and Luther Davis. Both D-lineman. All their losses fell on the offensive side of the ball with McElroy, Ingram, Julio, Dial, and James Carpenter,

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    Now that I look at it, they actually didn't. All they lost on defense was Dareus and Luther Davis. Both D-lineman. All their losses fell on the offensive side of the ball with McElroy, Ingram, Julio, Dial, and James Carpenter,
    Ok and the players replacing them this year are better?

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Bama cant have a better defense this year when they lost better players.
    We're talking about their defense.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Possible thunderstorms Sat. at Happy Valley. Should work in favor of the under.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

no way i lay 10 here..at least do 9.5 if you bet bama

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Kufta4 View Post
    I'm a Penn State fan (and will be there this weekend) but I believe Penn State's defense is very very much improved as well. It's going to be 2 very good defenses going against offenses with problems. You also have to remember these 2 things. JoePa will play conservative and close to the vest and Saban will not run the score up on Joe given the opportunity.
    I will be there as well seats 17 and 19, first row in the corner of the endzone. Bama side

Kufta4

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    All I know, is I pray for Alabama fans that they don't get bottles of pee thrown on them and beer cans thrown at them. Typical behavior for your average PSU fan when they win a game.
    Ahh, that ole urban legend. Good to see its still being thrown around as fact.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

In Happy Valley they throw molotov cocktails at old ladies and crippled children.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Bama rolls here

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    Eddie Lacey had over 100 yards rushing, just saying and Kent state had the #10 ranked defense in the nation last year (2nd rushing defense) do your homework
    yeah, Kent's rush defense is one of the most underrated around. Roosevelt Nix will be playing on Sundays in a couple of years. guy's a freak.

Lion4Life

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    In Happy Valley they throw molotov cocktails at old ladies and crippled children.
    Well now that's just not true, we only throw them at the blind. We just shove the old ladies and crippled children down the steps

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Lion4Life

Quote Originally Posted by bruce0 View Post
    He was referring to the pee part, nut fans can't seem to make up their minds. It started out as pee filled water balloons(try peeing into a water balloon). Then they moved onto it being zip lock bags full of urine, now it's bottles of pee. Next year it will be a tanker truck hosing them down as they left the stadium, five years from now it will be helicopters dousing the visitors section with urine like they were putting out a wild fire.

As for the beer can thing, even though it was started by a Pitt fan, there's no defending that. It was pathetic and just sad. Every fan base has it share of dipshits though.

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Except the only legend is that was after they won a game. I don't think they beat OSU at all this millennia...

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

A.J. McCarron under center for his first career road start a factor!!!

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm on the OVER 41

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by utmoody10 View Post
    Couple with Stanford -14 perhaps? Those two look almost too good to be true.
    Teasers always look too good to be true......hence the name

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Under is the only play here, Alabama doesn't have the offensive firepower to lay 10 points here... not against a defense as good as Penn State on the road

I see like a 17-10 type game here

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

Madoff, im not sure i understand your argument. college teams lose great players every year, and there are numerous instances of the teams' units still improving. dareus was a great player, but how does that mean the defense automatically is worse? young players mature and become better, even great. when thurman thomas left osu, his replacement was barry sanders. osu's running game got better, even with the loss of a hall of famer. and that is just one example. to say alabama's d has to be worse because of the loss of players is illogical and a little bit ridiculous.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
    i'm on the OVER 41

Penn state just had a game where they managed 114 yards passing against INDIANA ST, alabama has arguably the best defense in this country...how in the world can anybody play the over in this game???

are u projecting that both teams will return 3 interceptions for touchdowns?? that might be the only way there will be 40+ points in this game
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 09-10-11 at 01:56 PM.

First 123 Last