bama22
    bama22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atlanta here comes the #1TIDE

All I have to say is we beat AUBURN'S ASS and just to add a little salt we adde another TD with backups.
    Bama has beaten solid teams, Clemson, Ole Miss, Ga, Ark and a few pretenders, LSU, Tenn & AU.
    Florida strap it up tight cause its coming!!!

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

bama22

What is that little laughing man from the #3 in the nation GA bulldogs getting hammered by BAMA earlier this year or by the bulldogs betting beat by GT today. Which one?

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Quote Originally Posted by bama22 View Post
    What is that little laughing man from the #3 in the nation GA bulldogs getting hammered by BAMA earlier this year or by the bulldogs betting beat by GT today. Which one?
    try #13 after this week #23
    I'm a realist my friend and dont try and tout UGA to be a contenter.
    as for you I wouldnt try and tout a "W" in Atlantal next week
    Congrats for making it. I give respect where it is due but tp think Bama has a chance in hell agaisnt FLA is ridiculous

AGAIN i GIVE PROPS TO BAMA FOR A GREAT SEASON. either way I love seeing an SEC team in title game

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Florida is going to roll the tide downhill.

Spoon
    Spoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not a Florida fan by any means, but they will shred Alabama. it's that simple. I won't even hesitate to take Florida at -10 if that is where the line starts.

Bama has been very slow out of the gates recently and by the time they get up to full speed it will be too late anyway.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I'm not a Florida fan by any means, but they will shred Alabama. it's that simple. I won't even hesitate to take Florida at -10 if that is where the line starts.

Bama has been very slow out of the gates recently and by the time they get up to full speed it will be too late anyway.
    No kidding. Shutting out Auburn. Yeah, that's something to brag about. What do the Tigers average a game? Is it in double digits?

bama22

Slow starters???? You need to look again my friend. Bama thru 12 games has scored 123 in the first quarter alone and only giving up a total of 20. Only been behind once going into the second quarter. An average of 10 points is a pretty good start I believe.
    Im saying that Bama can win this game! You guys are the ones on hear talking about Bama doesnt have a chance in hell and FLorida is going to destroy us. Bet you said the same thing about Florida/Ole Miss.
    Tebow is a great QB and loves to tuck in and run but all that will change when MT. CODY lands on him. Roll Tide

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

IT'S OFFICIAL:

There was a meeting downtown today and the NCAA football heads have spoken. The rest of the football season is cancelled and they gave the NC to Florida. They said there was no need in playing the game bc the already played it on paper.

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

To all NON Alabama fans, I apologize for the redneck fans who think they know something about football.. Im a huge Alabama fan, but an educated one... Lets get the record straight.. Arkansas is NOT a solid football team.. And Alabama has a long way to go through ths Saturday so let's not get our hopes up..

Crispybear
    Crispybear's Avatar Become A Pro!

The word "We" and sports handicapping don't go together..

bama22

My bad, Ark along with YOU should have been in my pretender catagory. You say your an educated Bama fan with the quote: Bama has a long way to go and lets not get our hopes up. They are 12-0 and #1 in the nation! My message was dont overlook us cause there is a reason we are ranked #1 and that makes me a redneck? Well if defending your team and being proud of what they have done makes you a redneck them IM A HUGE REDNECK! ROLL TIDE!!

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by bama22 View Post
    All I have to say is we beat AUBURN'S ASS and just to add a little salt we adde another TD with backups.
    Bama has beaten solid teams, Clemson, Ole Miss, Ga, Ark and a few pretenders, LSU, Tenn & AU.
    Florida strap it up tight cause its coming!!!
    Florida will make me you guys come back to planet earth!

Especially if you went to overtime with a pretender like LSU???????

Especially a LSU team thats struggling on both sides of the ball with youth

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

Florida -20 would be my play!!!

jaxbeachguy83
    jaxbeachguy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

West Virginia beat auburns ass so did vandy and everyone else that played them you wanna talk about a ass whooping how bout 63-3 vs Kentucky 56-6 SC 45-15 FSU 49-10 GA those are ass whoopings my friend.... we put 28 on Tenn and Vandy in the 1st qtr come on man....... i think ND could beat auburn like that.....

jaxbeachguy83
    jaxbeachguy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

O yea the team you took into overtime we were playing 3rd string guys in the 4th qtr ..............

bama2222
    bama2222's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude that is our in state rival and yes we beat their ass. Im so glad you can post Florida blowouts but i see you forgot about the OLE MISS loss at HOME IN THE SWAMP . As far as some of the scores you posted, I saw those games and they got way out of hand early and forced those teams to scramble. It doesnt matter though Florida beat them soundly. But some other games were very similar, Tenn 30-6 (29-9), Ark 38-7 (49-14), Ga 49-10 (41-30 and you know it wasnt that close) Oh by the way we beat Ole Miss LMAO!!!! I dont think I have said ONCE that Bama will win. All Ive said is we are coming to play and play to win. Some of you people are taking this way to serious. Just make sure all sharp objects are away from you during this game. Roll Tide

bama2222
    bama2222's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet by game time the line will be less than a TD. Its going down as we speak.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by bama2222 View Post
    Good. I hope it keeps going down. Let the public drag the line down. Apparently they haven't watched Florida's offensive juggernaut kill people all year. I won't mind laying double units if it goes anywhere near a TD. It won't though. People can't be THAT stupid.

BamaBill67

Quote Originally Posted by bama2222 View Post

You are trying to make them see the light but they want to be ugly. Just let it go. They are not paying attention to conventional wisdom in betting. GL to all.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

You guys can't come on here with those logos and tout your team and not expect people to blast you. Who knows what will happen, really...but capping games should be a non-partisan activity. You've turned it into, rah rah ROLL TIDE, and I haven't seen one shred of intelligent, neutral, logic involved in why you think Bama will win or even cover for that matter. Both teams are in the SEC, have both played good, talented opponents, and both have plenty to play for. If that's your betting logic, then okay. I understand. But I fail to see how any of what I've said is "ugly". If anything, it's ugly to go on a sports handicapping website and tout your team cause you're a fan and you want them to win. There are plenty of other websites for that. Let's get down to brass tax here. Give me some good reasons why I should lay the points and play Bama. I'm always willing to listen.

BamaBill67

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    You guys can't come on here with those logos and tout your team and not expect people to blast you. Who knows what will happen, really...but capping games should be a non-partisan activity. You've turned it into, rah rah ROLL TIDE, and I haven't seen one shred of intelligent, neutral, logic involved in why you think Bama will win or even cover for that matter. Both teams are in the SEC, have both played good, talented opponents, and both have plenty to play for. If that's your betting logic, then okay. I understand. But I fail to see how any of what I've said is "ugly". If anything, it's ugly to go on a sports handicapping website and tout your team cause you're a fan and you want them to win. There are plenty of other websites for that. Let's get down to brass tax here. Give me some good reasons why I should lay the points and play Bama. I'm always willing to listen.

Ok, I see your point and I agree. There has been to much Rah Rah Bama and there are other places to do that.

Now, like you said, lets get down to the brass tax. IMHO (and I mean that), I would not or have not bet on a team that was favored and has a falling line. It dosen't matter to me who is playing. 2nd, I have made bets on teams over motavation. College football and college basketball exspecially. They both want to win the SECC, true. But when is the last time a #1 was a 10pt dog. Its not just me bc I see reports all over the internet about RESPECT or lack of toward Bama and Saban. Ihave already heard the same thing on ESPN today. 3rd, I don't beleave there is much difference between these two teams. Florida has the better offence and Bama has the better defence. 4th, Harvin may not play or won't be 100% and Florida has 2 starting DL out. I would take those points and I did. Thank you for your time. I am really trying to help.
    Last edited by BamaBill67; 12-02-08 at 06:37 PM.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Last I saw the line was Florida -9.5...didn't it start at -10? I know you can get numerous lines, but that was what I saw. Not much of a drop there. Have you found this method of "never betting on a favorite with a falling line" to be a profitable one?

dle
    dle's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you justify Florida as a 10.5 point favorite?

1. Alabama is undefeated after playing just as hard of schedule as Florida, whereas Florida dropped a game at home.

2. Florida's best win was on a neutral field to the same team Alabama clobbered (at least the first half made it obvious) at home in UGA.

3. Nick Saban is a better coach than Urban Meyer.

4. Harvin might be out.

5. Alabama has a better defense.

6. Crowd should be 70% Bama due to the tickets sold in the early 90's.

Feel free to add more that I am missing off of the top of my head.

BamaBill67

I was told on this website it opened at 10.5 on Sunday. Anywhere you look (I believe), the open changes to what the line is on Monday not what came out on Sunday. .5 or 1 is not enough for me to say it is a falling line, it has to be more like 2pts. So, that is noted but feel it is coming down. We will have to see on that point.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by dle View Post
    1. Alabama is undefeated after playing just as hard of schedule as Florida, whereas Florida dropped a game at home.

2. Florida's best win was on a neutral field to the same team Alabama clobbered (at least the first half made it obvious) at home in UGA.

3. Nick Saban is a better coach than Urban Meyer.

4. Harvin might be out.

5. Alabama has a better defense.

6. Crowd should be 70% Bama due to the tickets sold in the early 90's.

Feel free to add more that I am missing off of the top of my head.

I will say that I am impressed with what Saban has done this year considering I don't think anyone picked Alabama to be in this position. Also, they are pretty young so that speaks to how good Saban is to have this team still undefeated. Don't kid yourself though, Urban Meyer is one hell of a coach. I don't know about the crowd stat, so I'll just have to take your word for it, and Harvin will play I have a feeling. I mean, it's (to this point) the biggest game of the year. These are all credible reasons that you give for taking Bama and the points though and not "ROLL TIDE" rubbish, so it's good to see some decent posts in that regard.

dle
    dle's Avatar Become A Pro!

From what I read the Bama fans flocked to buy SEC championship allotments after the 1992 season thus making them have somewhat of a home field advantage in this game. I think I'll be taking Alabama ML because of the return I'm getting and the reasons I posted above.

Any thoughts on the O/U? I have not crunched any numbers, but the under should be the pick in this one, right?

GODFATHER
    GODFATHER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 690

Hi All,

Very interesting posts here, I won't say I'm an expert by any means at all, I can hold my own on foot ball knowledge, I really beleive that there will not be a crushing by any team in this game by any means, both these teams have worked very hard to get where they are at, and at the same time with out saying neither one wants to give up a win, this will be a very good game and I do think that it will boil down to who stays on top of their game and keeps mistakes down to a minimum, I really like both teams alot, I have made some good money this year from them, so my lean is teasing Ala spread and taking the over.

Best of luck to all!!!

Slick D
    Slick D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JRS21386 View Post
    To all NON Alabama fans, I apologize for the redneck fans who think they know something about football.. Im a huge Alabama fan, but an educated one... Lets get the record straight.. Arkansas is NOT a solid football team.. And Alabama has a long way to go through ths Saturday so let's not get our hopes up..
    Dude, your a Bama fan and you say let's not get our hopes up????? Your 12-0 !!! Don't get your hopes up??? Why the he*l are you a fan if you dont have your hopes up for the biggest game in the last 17 years of your program!!!

BamaBill67

I was on StubHub earlier today and could have bought a ticket seating anywhere in the Atlanta Dome. I am very excited about the game and the possibilities but I won't get stupid with my money. My gut says Florida will win this game. My heart says something different. That line is to darn big though.

BTW, Cougar Bait.....I also use that same line moving phylosophy on lines that are going up. 2pts +.........
    Last edited by BamaBill67; 12-02-08 at 10:29 PM.

bama22

I agree Slick D.
    You mention the logos and touting your teams? What about all these other logos that guys are using that are teams BAMA HAS BEATEN and all they do is bash bama. I seen everything from Sabans teams dont know how to play late in games to Bama is the worst #1 they have ever seen. I beg to differ. Bama has shown they are not a flash in the pan team. Just because a team is not scoring 60 points doesnt make them a lesser team. Im anxious to see Bama's defensive line against that fast strike Fl offense and Bama's O line and run game against Fl fast defense. As far as the line goes Ive seen a few 9's and its only Tues. This line will drop and dont be surprised by this time Thurs night is a point lower. I think what BamaBill meant by ugly words is from some guys who take offense to Bama fans defending their team and are called rednecks, stupid, idiots and clueless. I didnt know that defending your team made you those things. Boy if Bama does pull this one off Im intested to see what is said then from all these forum experts.

bobby smith
    bobby smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispybear View Post
    The word "We" and sports handicapping don't go together..

VERY true

bama22

Cougar Bait here is a lot of the reason us Bama fans have some faith that we can beat Florida.
    1. Doing what they have done for 12 games.
    2. Some stats of interest:
    Florida's national rankings: Total Off. 17th, Total Def. 7th, Points Scored 3rd, Points allowed 4th.
    Alabama's national rankings: TO 53rd, TD 3rd, PS 28th, PA 3rd.
    The biggest gaps are total offense and points scored well here is the difference: TO 70 yards and PS 14. The inflated points scored came from 3 games and 2 of those were just runaways from teams that just quit after getting down so quik. So after looking at the stats and watching both teams I hope this clears up the Bama Nation excitment. Alabama has a legit chance of winning this game.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Wow, you guys almost have me convinced. I think Harvin plays, but in a limited role, which probably hurts Florida. However, I seem to remember them having a couple of those type of shifty, ultra-fast playmakers. But, since I can't remember any of them by name, they must be nowhere near as good as Percy Harvin. What was Bama's wrost team that they played all year? Florida's has to be The Citadel, right? Trying to gauge the strength of schedule here...especially after hearing Alabama came up 6th in the nation in the Sagrin ratings. See below ( I know it's kinda a jumbled mess, so here's the link if you wanna be able to read it without squinting) http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm

College Football 2008 through games of 2008 November 29 Saturday the BCS uses the ELO_CHESS from here
    HOME ADVANTAGE= 2.83 RATING W L SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 10 | VS top 30 | ELO_CHESS | PREDICTOR

1 Oklahoma A = 94.92 11 1 74.23( 17) 2 1 | 5 1 | 93.94 1 | 95.50 3
    2 Texas A = 94.61 11 1 74.63( 12) 1 1 | 3 1 | 93.50 2 | 95.32 4
    3 Florida A = 91.94 11 1 72.91( 28) 0 0 | 2 1 | 87.42 6 | 100.35 2
    4 Southern California A = 90.73 10 1 72.52( 33) 1 0 | 3 1 | 85.80 8 | 100.73 1
    5 Texas Tech A = 90.58 11 1 73.11( 26) 1 1 | 3 1 | 92.90 3 | 88.35 7
    6 Alabama A = 90.27 12 0 68.66( 73) 0 0 | 3 0 | 90.68 4 | 89.43 6
    7 Penn State A = 89.28 11 1 70.06( 59) 1 0 | 3 1 | 85.36 10 | 95.01 5
    8 Utah A = 87.15 12 0 68.94( 72) 1 0 | 3 0 | 90.15 5 | 84.46 15
    9 TCU A = 86.80 10 2 68.03( 76) 0 2 | 1 2 | 85.39 9 | 87.86 10
    10 Ohio State A = 86.07 10 2 71.51( 43) 0 2 | 1 2 | 83.95 13 | 88.09 8

bama22

Ark St. was prob the worst. That was our Citadel. Had starters out early in the 3rd. Good ol Homecoming game. Im doing my best to convince you LOL. If we lead any stats its running off coaches this year: BOWDEN, FULLMER, CROOM and now TUBERVILLE. Thats got to be leading the nation.

12 Last