laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

pags....getting crushed on my HOU -7, damn. They are just pathetic right now. I chased with -6.5 2H, and I might be starting my week down 3 units. I'm just hoping they can cover the 2H bet.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

msuspartans,

I'm glad that you had a chance to cap those two games and that you agree...I know what you mean about not games you already are emotionally invested in, smart plan on your part...I'll look forward to reading your write-up...

laxdjock,

I wish I could say that I've done better on these weeknight games, but I've totally sucked so far this season...my best advice is to play them very light and not chase good money after bad, meaning if you make an initial bet and it appears to be a loser at half time, you are better off sticking with the bet and taking the loss like a man, rather than adding to it with a second half play...I know that you probably already know this, but as you gain more experience, you will also gain more discipline from learning from these types of situations...GL the rest of the week...

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Well, now I hear Tyrell Sutton is out and Bacher might not play for Northwestern. If that is truly the case, jump on Minny -6.5 vs the Wildcats. If those 2 are both out, that is the best Big 10 play. Sorry for the disclaimer.........

Iowa is up to 2.5 vs. Illinois. Because of their win vs. Ohio State last year and the flashiness of their offense, bettors seem to flock to the Illini. However, ask how many on here were burned by them at Wisky last week. I like this game at +2.5 but if it gets to 3 or more, I like it even more.

Iowa's losses on the road are at Pitt (top 25 team) by 1 and at MSU (top 25 team) in which they dominated every stat but the points on the board and still lost by only 3. Shonn Greene, IMO, is one of the best backs in the nation you haven't heard of. Sherer, the QB, is the achilles heel of the team, but played a little better in the thrashing of Wisconsin two weeks ago. Also, I think very highly of Ferentz at Iowa. They are coming off a bye which is important for any team, but even moreso for a team that plays the physical brand of football that Iowa plays.

Illinois has lost to Minny at home and Wisky on the road in the last 3 weeks. While they score 33 ppg, Iowa at 29 ppg, the difference is in the defense. Illinois gives up 26.9 ppg (stat a little skewed by the Missouri game) while Iowa only gives up 11.5 ppg. Illinois has also struggled to find a running game outside Juice Williams, with Daniel Dufrene leading the team with 67 ypg.

I like Iowa to win the game outright. More physical, off the bye, a better coach, and a better defense.

But.......Big 10 followers, keep an eye on that injury report in the Minny game as well.

pags11

msuspartans,

excellent stuff here...

saddestbison
    saddestbison's Avatar Become A Pro!

pags, I've got leans against you in a couple of games but I respect your success enough to just leave them alone rather than play against you

I ain't no dag'gum idiot

GL and I'll be following you on at least 3 games

pags11

saddestbison,

I'm sure you have good reasoning for those leans, and as we both know the ball takes funny bounces...at any rate, good to hear we will be on three together...BOL to you this week...

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL Pags!

Never thought the day would come when I had more dogs then you in a week. Talk about a role reversal .

As always, looking forward to the write-ups. We can't both go 7 - 0 this week since we are on opposite sides of that Oklahoma State game, but we can go 6 - 1 and 7 - 0. Last time you got the 7 - 0 when I went 7 - 1, so its my turn to go undefeated this time!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Good luck pags. I don't see any of the picks losing on paper. Great picks!

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

Iowa State sucks, bet on OSU!

pags11

vegasdave,

I know it huh?...I appreciate the well wishes and wish you the best of luck this week as well...

pavy,

thanks bud regarding my plays, as you know I respect your opinion...GL to you this as well...

common160
    common160's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags,

Thanks for the info on the picks I also have leans to
    KANSAS ST. + 11.5
    CENTRAL MICHIGAN +3
    MINNESOTA-6.5
    ARMY+8.5
    VIRGINIA-2.5
    DUKE+7
    SOUH CAROLINA-6
    USC-43
    ANY THOUGHTS

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    if you make an initial bet and it appears to be a loser at half time, you are better off sticking with the bet and taking the loss like a man, rather than adding to it with a second half play...
    I know...I know, but they are a 2nd half team!!

Still in the black and having fun, so that is all I want. Hopefully we are on the same side on a few of these and cash. BOL.

pags11

common,

not a problem...

KANSAS ST. + 11.5 (these guys play no defense, at all...they can score though...I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose by a FG, nor would I be surprised to see them lose by 3 TD's...no play)
    CENTRAL MICHIGAN +3 (QB is questionable for CMU, Indiana can't score, but they are at home, QB Lewis is getting and they play descent D...no play)
    MINNESOTA-6.5 (northwestern is banged up but I expect a great effort from them...that being said, I'm not sure they have what it takes to hang with minny for four quarters...no play)
    ARMY+8.5 (slight lean to Army)
    VIRGINIA-2.5 (UVA playing great football, but Miami FL is as well...no play)
    DUKE+7 (both teams can't score, but for some reason I feel Wake may break out this week...that being said, I won't lay this number with them...no play)...

hope this helps...

laxdjock,

I understand bud...sorry it didn't work out for you...just giving you my two cents, as I've been there before...yes, let's put our focus into having a good weekend...GL the rest of the week...
    SOUH CAROLINA-6
    USC-43

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Sir Pags, (yes the Queen of England has knighted you)
    I'm a long time reader, first time posting in your thread. What do you think about Notre Dame? Watching their games, ND is not impressive on both side of the field. However, they always seems to do enough to win the game and cover the spread. Their D has improved significantly compare to the last few years. Their O have been improving week to week. I love ND because it has been my best bet since week 2. Btw, it's great to see you stick around and not be bothered by morons like last season.

pags11

rixsaw,

thank you very much sir...I had an initial lean to Pitt in this game but the more I looked at the game the more reasons I found to take Notre Dame...when that happens to me while capping a game it usually means no play for me, but I can understand your reasonings for wanting to play Notre Dame...GL with what you decide...

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydafreak View Post
    UPDATE: I just spoke to a good friend who ran into a guy he knows at lunch today who played on Tennessee's '98 team that was honored before the game. He told me that he'd spoken with one of his friends in the AD office and was told that Phat Phil was gone. He was also told the top two candidates they were talking to were Butch Davis & Lane Kiffin. He was on the field before the game and said that it was sad that the former players were more pumped up about the game than the ones about to kick off.
    This is true. I was there on the sidelines Sat night. I talked to a staff member that said the same thing. He also said Cutcliffe will get a look no matter what. Al Wilson gave them the pregame speech and scared half of them to death.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by The Seer; 10-30-08 at 05:26 PM.

michiganstatefan
    michiganstatefan's Avatar Become A Pro!

CENTRAL MICHIGAN +3 (QB is questionable for CMU, Indiana can't score, but they are at home, QB Lewis is getting and they play descent D...no play)
    Pags like your picks but I am betting Indiana on this one. TYPICALLY the MAC matches up very poorly to the big ten. Yes im aware that the MAC is on the rise thi year and that toledo beat michigan but Indiana is the choice here. Centeral Michigans record is sorta of weak. And they have not beaten anyone legit. They also lost too a terrible purdue team. I agree this game will be close, but Central wont be able to hand a IMPROVING Kellen Lewis I have Indiana winning by 27-21

pags11

seer,

appreciate the info...interestingly enough I have the Tee Martin pic attached to my thread...not sure how it got there but it's got to be good luck right? the guy won a national championship...

michiganstatefan,

thanks for your thoughts on the CMU vs. Indiana game...BOL to you...

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Pags, I took the pic sat night. I can take it off if you would like.

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

gl Pags I like Cal -3, Ore st -12.5 no comment on other team.
    I might play Auburn +6 there. People give up on them now and I think this will be a good spot for me to jump on them. I do think Auburn will win straight up this week.

WT.

pags11

seer,

not a problem, I'm thinking it will bring us some good luck!...thanks though...

white_tiger,

I respect your opinion and am glad that we will be on at least two out of three...GL this week...

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL this week pags...dont think we are on any of the same games this week

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL on your road to another winning week. Solid card. Little unsure of Temple, Navy seems to burn me each time I play or fade them this year.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck this week Pags, I will be on Texas A&M, Oregon St., I live in Oakland so Cal will also be on my list, thanks for your effort.

pags11

dbldown,

thank you sir...at least we aren't against eachother in any games...BOL to you this week...

shrax,

I appreciate you saying that...I know what you mean, there are some teams like that for me that I'm better off just not getting involved in their games...GL this week...

sportsnut,

glad we will be on those games together...Oakland is a fun place, been there many times...GL this week...

saddestbison

write ups?

pags11

Oregon St. -12.5

There’s a reason that Oregon State beat USC earlier this year, it was no fluke in my opinion. I’ve watched a lot of their games so far this year and they are a really good team, especially in Corvallis. This week they play a beaten and battered down opponent in ASU, who traditionally hasn’t played very well in cold weather. Oregon State QB Lyle Moevao (63.2% comp., 13 TD/ 8 INT) continues to grow on me each time I watch him play. He has freshman sensation RB Jacquizz Rogers (4.9 ypc., 9 TD), who while small in stature is a tremendously talented tailback. The improvement of OSU’s offensive line play over the course of the season has allowed Moevao to distribute the ball to one of the best receiving trios in the Pac 10. Sammy Straughter (38 rec., 4 TD), James Rogers (28 rec., 4 TD) and Shane Morales (36 rec., 4 TD) make it very difficult for opposing defenses to stack up against the run. What is especially lethal in the OSU offensive attack is the end-around plays they run with James Rogers who is averaging eleven yards per carry. ASU’s defense is starting to falter, partly due to injuries and partly due to a lack of motivation. This unit has been out on the field for a good part of this year and with the injuries they have sustained it will be difficult for them to keep up with the OSU offense for four quarters. Defensively, OSU has done a good job improving their front seven since the beginning of the year, as they were breaking in an entirely new unit. Their front seven has now caught up to their secondary and the entire defensive unit has given up an average of only eleven points a game in their three home games so far this year. ASU QB Rudy Carpenter isn’t fully healthy, nor is most of his receiving corps. While Carpenter, RB Keegan Herring, WR Mike Jones, WR Chris Magaha, and WR Kyle Williams are all talented players, it’s difficult for them to perform being injured and also the ASU offensive line woes have hurt their production. This is a night game in the northwest and a team like ASU is not used to playing in this type of weather which usually affects tackling on defense and catching the football and fumbling on offense. Mike Riley’s squad is headed one direction, Dennis Erickson’s is headed the other direction. I’ll lay the points with Oregon State in this game.

Mississippi -5.5

Ole Miss Head coach Houston Nutt has done a tremendous job in his first season at the helm as he has his team headed to play in a bowl game at the end of the season, far exceeding any expectations I had for his team this year. He has benefited from the transfer of QB Jevon Snead (54.2% comp., 12 TD/ 11 INT) into the program. While he’s not Colt McCoy, Snead is a good quarterback who has some mobility and some good offensive weapons to work with. Ole Miss has four ball carriers that average over four yards per carry in Cordera Eason (4.1 ypc., 2 TD), Brandon Bolden (5.0 ypc., 2 TD), RB/WR Dexter McCluster (5.8 ypc., 3 TD), Enrique Davis (4.1 ypc., 2 TD). This is a sign of Nutt’s commitment to the running game and also his ability to coach up his offensive linemen (not to mention good recruiting efforts from former Ole Miss coach Ed Orgeron). Ole Miss has three excellent receivers, in Shay Hodge (25 rec., 6 TD), Dexter McCluster (30 rec., 1 TD) and Mike Wallace (23 rec., 1 TD). Wallace is the guy heading into the season I thought would have a breakout year, and although he hasn’t been spectacular I feel he’s been coming on of late and could play a big role in this game. Something has happened to the once vaunted Auburn defense. The past month their tackling has gotten sloppy, they’ve been decimated by injuries to their secondary and line backing corps and they haven’t played very inspired defense. If that continues on Saturday, Ole Miss could end up simply outscoring Auburn in this contest due to Auburn’s offensive woes. I look at Auburn’s offensive players and still can’t figure out what the problem is. Mario Fannin, Ben Tate, Brad Lester, Rodrigus Smith and Robert Dunn are all good players, but they just aren’t finding a way to come together and put points on the board. There are definite issues with their scheme as they don’t know whether they are running the spread or playing smash mouth football from week-to-week. I’m not going to sit here and tell you that Ole Miss has a great defense, but I do feel they have a good scheme, a scheme good enough to slow down an offense that is having trouble moving the football through the air. I listened to many recruiting shows this week that said Auburn head coach Tommy Tubberville spent all week on the recruiting trail, trying to put out fires and assure recruits that he will still be the head coach next season. Auburn is a team in turmoil and I believe that their coaching staff is beside themselves on what to do with their team. I’ll lay the points with Ole Miss here.

Oklahoma St. -31

Many of you have commented this week about how this line is inflated, and how Oklahoma State will never cover this line. Understand though, that this isn’t the same OSU team we saw at the beginning of the year. This team has metamorphosized itself into not only a top notch offensive unit, but also has become a very good defensive football team and is tremendous on special teams. OSU plays extremely well at home, I think we can all agree on that and I think we can all agree that Iowa State has a very difficult time on the road. Don’t let last week’s 35 point effort vs. Texas A&M fool you, ISU is going to have a very difficult time mustering points in this ballgame against a defense that has become much more stout the past three weeks (holding Missouri to 23 points in Colombia, giving up only six at home to Baylor, and limiting Texas to 28 in Austin). OSU’s game plan will be centered around putting pressure on Iowa St. QB Austin Arnaud. Arnaud, who I think will eventually get a chance to play on Sundays, is still very young and has only one real pass catching threat in WR R.J. Sumrall. Iowa State has really struggled to run the football, especially on the road. One dimensional football teams have a very difficult time staying in ball games on the road, with sacks and turnovers piling up as the game goes on. Oklahoma State’s special teams units are a big part of their success this season and should set their offense up with good field position all game long. Short fields for one of the most efficient offenses in the country should put ISU’s defense behind the eight ball heading into the fourth quarter of this game. OSU QB Zac Robinson (69.4% comp., 15 TD/ 4 INT) is a tremendous decision maker and also makes plays with his feet. The re-emergence of TE Brandon Pettigrew (22 receptions in four games, 8 catches last week vs. Texas), who I feel is one of the best tight ends in the country will have a huge impact in this game. WR Dez Bryant (51 rec., 11 TD) has proved to be one of the most explosive receivers in the country and should be good for a couple scores on Saturday. OSU’s also has one of the best running games in country, and a big reason for that is that they have one of the best offensive lines in the country. OSU has three talented running backs in Kendall Hunter (6.6 ypc., 10 TD), Keith Toston (7.3 ypc., 8 TD) and Beau Johnson (6.6 ypc., 2 TD). All of these offensive weapons are going to make things very difficult for the ISU defense, who I feel is one of the worst tackling units in the entire nation. I know this is especially frustrating for ISU head coach Gene Chizik, who has been moving guys in and out trying to find players who want to tackle. Understand a couple more things regarding this game. OSU is not down about their loss last week vs. Texas. They are actually more motivated than they’ve ever been, knowing that they can hang with any team in the country. Also, there is still a chance they could end up in a BCS game if they win out. There is even the possibility of them even still playing in the national title game if OSU, Texas Tech and Texas finish in a three way tie in the Big 12 North. If that happens, the team rated the highest in the BCS goes to the Big 12 Championship game. This is why Mike Gundy will not let up in this game, as it’s all about moving up as high as possible in the BCS standings. Lastly, you are kidding yourself if you think OSU big time booster T. Boone Pickens doesn’t bet on these games. The guys lost enough in his hedge fund lately; he’s going to want to make some money on this football game. I’ll lay the big number with OSU in this game.

LSU -25.5

Let’s face it, two of the last three weeks LSU has played two of the best football teams in the entire country. The time to take a Les Miles coached squad is not when his team is playing an equally talented but better coached team, but rather take him in the role of the “bully”. Over the course of his entire coaching career (Oklahoma St. included), when his team is plays an overmatched opponent, he rarely lets up. I’ve read a lot of articles this week from Tulane’s head coach Bob Toledo about the status of his football team, which is currently in shambles. Last week, they lost their top running back Adam Anderson (who was third in the nation in rushing) for the year. Anderson was also third on the team in pass receptions. Tulane is also without their top WR Jeremy Williams heading into this game. Williams has five TD on the season and there’s no other pass catcher close to that number. Tulane also now has a quarterback dilemma as veteran QB Kevin Moore was benched in the second half of last week’s game vs. Rice, and Toledo isn’t sure he wants to subject freshman QB Joe Kemp to the frenzied defense they’ll face on Saturday. Tulane has also sustained injuries to many players on the defensive side of the ball and Toledo has been quoted as saying that this game couldn’t have come at a worse time for his team and that they essentially have no chance. I’ve rarely, if ever, read these types of comments from a coach but at least he’s being brutally honest here. LSU will have no mercy for Tulane this week, as they are looking to get the bad taste out of their mouth from previous weeks by beating up on Tulane this week. LSU QB Jarrett Lee (58% comp. 11 TD/ 9 INT) should play deep into this ball game, as back up Andrew Hatched is banged up and LSU will need Lee to lead them down the stretch. Look for highly touted freshman QB Jordan Jefferson, who many describe as another Ryan Perriloux, to get some time in this game as well. Lee should have more time to throw than he has the last three weeks and that should allow him to get the ball to talented pass catchers Brandon LaFell (36 rec., 5 TD), Demetrius Byrd (23 rec., 3 TD), Richard Dixson (19 rec., 3 TD) and Keiland Williams (10 rec., 1 TD). LSU also has a stable of running backs who should wear down the Tulane defense, in Charles Scott (6.5 ypc., 10 TD), Keiland Williams (4.4 ypc.), Richard Murphy (4.6 ypc.) and Trindon Holliday (3.8 ypc.). Miles is going to want to get three of these tailbacks who haven’t scored yet this season some touchdowns this week. It’s a chance for LSU to take out some frustration on a beaten down Tulane team. I’ll lay the points with LSU here.

Cal -3

The Pac 10 has become a conference very much dominated by home teams. I see the game this weekend falling into the same category as I believe Cal’s balance on offense, their run defense and their home field being the difference. Cal Head Coach Jeff Tedford has stuck with QB Kevin Riley (53.3% comp., 9 TD/ 2 INT), which I feel gives Cal the best opportunity to cover this game. I say that because Riley has excellent footwork and pocket presence, and also makes better decisions with the football than does his counter part Nate Longshore. Cal RB Jahvid Best (7.0 ypc., 6 TD) is nursing a foot injury, which didn’t seem to hamper him last week. I expect him to be fully ready to go come game time and he plays an integral part in Cal’s success on offense, both running the ball and catching the ball out of the backfield. RB Shane Vereen (6.2 ypc. 2 TD) provides excellent depth for the Cal running game and helps take some of the pressure off Riley. If Cal’s offensive line, which has done a good job battling through injuries all season, can give Riley time to throw Cal should have some success against the Oregon secondary. Cal, usually known for their receiving threats, has had two young pass catchers emerge in the second half of the year in WR Nyan Boetang (16 rec., 3 TD) and TE Cameron Morrah (20 rec., 6 TD). Cal’s strength on defense is with their line backing unit, which will need to play well against a talented Oregon running backs corps. I’ve been most impressed with LaGarrette Blount so far this season, but Jeremiah Johnson is considered their top back. Johnson is playing with a banged up shoulder so Andre Crenshaw should get some carries in this game as well. If the Cal defensive line and line backing corps can help contain the Oregon running game and put Oregon in some third and long situations, this could put pressure on QB Jeremiah Mosoli, who’s expected to start this game. TE Ed Dickson is also expected to play. This all being said, I do expect Oregon’s offense to get their fair share of points, but if the Cal defense can force the Oregon quarterbacks into a couple of bad decisions it could end up being the difference in this game. I’ll take Cal minus the field goal in this game.

Texas A&M -3

Texas A&M is a young team that has slowly been improving this season. They play a Colorado team this week that is trending downward and can’t seem to find an offensive rhythm, which is ultimately putting a lot of pressure on their defense. A&M QB Jerrod Johnson has been getting better every week, and reminds me a lot of former A&M QB Reggie McNeal. Johnson has played interception free the past three games and during this span he has completed over seventy percent of his passages. Johnson is also very mobile which helps him make plays despite A&M’s inexperienced offensive line. This has led to A&M averaging over thirty-four points a game in this span. Freshman RB Cyrus Gray (4.3 ypc., 1 TD) has also emerged lately to help pick up the slack of injured RB Mike Goodson, and little used RB Jovorskie Lane. Johnson has three talented pass catchers to distribute the ball to in Ryan Tannehill (39 rec., 4 TD), Jeff Fuller (36 rec., 5 TD) and Jamie McCoy (28 rec., 4 TD). The Colorado defense has the ability to get some stops early in this game, but as the game goes on their offense will probably end up leaving their defense out on the field far too long. The issues Colorado is having on offense centers around that Head Coach Dan Hawkins doesn’t know who his quarterback is. He’s struggled with the fact that he’s benched his son Cody several times this season, but freshman Tyler Hansen who’s played in place of Hawkins doesn’t know the full playbook and is having troubles throwing the ball down field. Besides the quarterback issues Colorado has, they have also been hit hard with injuries on their offensive line. Ultimately this affects not only their passing game, but also their running game which does feature a couple of good young running backs, in Rodney Stewart and Darrell Scott. Colorado is also having problems finding any type of playmaking wide receiver so far this season. Texas A&M is not a great defensive football team and Colorado should be able to score some points. However, there will be drives where Colorado won't be able to get out of their own way and won't be able to properly expose A&M's defense. A&M is excited coming into this game; they feel like they have turned their season around and are anxious to get their first win in front of their home crowd. Colorado comes into this game with their head coach being highly criticized and the team is struggling to finding an identity and move the football. I’ll take Texas A&M minus the field goal here.

Temple +7.5

I really like the spot for Temple this week, having an extra four days to prepare for this game against a Navy squad they match up well with. Temple is a very well coached football team and I expect Al Golden to devise a scheme this week to help neutralize the Navy triple option attack. Golden is an outstanding football coach, he’s a guy I expect to have a job at a BCS school within the next five years. I feel he will have his team ready to play on Saturday. Temple got their senior QB Adam DiMichele (56.1% comp., 6 TD/ 3 INT) back last week and he appeared to shake the rust off late in that ball game. DiMichele isn’t going to wow you on the stat sheet, but he’s a three year starter and makes excellent decisions with the football. He’s also extremely accurate and has a bevy of pass catchers to distribute the football to, led by WR Bruce Francis (28 rec., 6 TD). Temple also has an effective running game, with Kee-ayre Griffin (4.9 ypc. 3 TD) leading the way. Temple is by no means an offensive juggernaut, but they will be facing a Navy defense that gives up a ton of yards. All Temple is being asked to do is hang around this game until the fourth quarter, which is something they’ve been able to do in almost all of their games this year (excluding the Penn St. game where DiMichele got hurt, not that it would have mattered though). Navy has a quandary on offense this week as last week they were down to their third string quarterback. The reports I read say that starting QB Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada will start this week, but he will be playing on a hamstring that he’s re-aggravated already a couple of times this season. The plan was for him to sit out this game, rest up during their bye week and be back for Navy’s game November 15th vs. Notre Dame. However, once back-up QB Jarod Bryant got injured I feel that Kaipo’s being rushed back into action. Running the triple option requires precision and the ability to make quick cuts and take big hits. One has to wonder how many hits or cuts Kaipo will be able to make before he re-injures his hamstring. Navy does have two talented backs in FB Eric Kettani and RB Shun White, which should take some of the pressure of Kaipo. Temple, though, has a very good run defense and has already faced the triple option once this year against Army. This game should be a battle deep into the fourth quarter which is why I’m siding with Navy and the points.
    Last edited by pags11; 10-31-08 at 01:43 AM.

pags11

sadde,

hope you enjoy them...

clowncar
    clowncar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Truly enjoyed this weeks write-ups , pags.

I like 6 of the 7 on your card this week , and your reasoning is enough to keep me away from the one side we are in disagreement on.

I find the Temple write-up compelling.

Shapes up as another big week for you.

pags11

clowncar,

my handicapping brother, I'm glad you enjoyed the write-ups and also respect your opinion greatly so I'm glad you agree on most...thank you...GL this week bud...

saddestbison

haha, I have terrible timing great write ups as usual...

I also love oregon state this week, but how high would you take them at? I'm looking at ~15 right now.

thoughts?

blunt5619
    blunt5619's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pag's great write-up's this week. What do you take Mississippi St., Texas A&M, and LSU up to?

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

North Texas +16.5. I know NT is bad but Western Kentucky is just as bad. I think NT is going to keep it close and may pull out an upset.

pags11

sadde,

I can only recommend playing OSU at 14 or less...GL this week...

blunt,

I'd take Ole Miss up to 6.5 although I'd prefer 6 or less...Texas A&M I feel is still a good play at 3.5...I recommend LSU at 26.5 or less...GL to you...

tab,

wish I had an opinion for you on that game but I really have no clue...GL though...

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    North Texas +16.5. I know NT is bad but Western Kentucky is just as bad. I think NT is going to keep it close and may pull out an upset.
    I think you are better off spreading the $ on the great games that Pag capped then put the $ on a crack team like NT. One thing I learned is never to put $ on a bad team no matter how many points it get.

NT head coach ordered the drug test on his own team. Not only that they are 15 girls short, the rest of the team will not have a reason to show up for the rest of the season.

First 12345 Last