DrLuck
    DrLuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Damn pags I like this better than last weeks...Already had A&M, Cal, LSU and Miss so ready for another profitable week. Any opinion on these: Wake, Arkansas, Miami... Noticed you scaled back on your units to 2.5... GL pags
    Last edited by DrLuck; 10-27-08 at 08:54 PM.

Lout84
    Lout84's Avatar Become A Pro!

lout,

because I have respect for you I'm not going to take exception to your post...first off, to say a team is not going to cover a spread before the game has been played is pretty ignorant...I do agree that the bookmaker's are making you pay for Oklahoma St. this week...also, do you really feel that I would play a game just because a team is undefeated against the spread? have you read my write-ups ever?...c'mon man, think a little bit before you make a post like this...I'd like to hear your case for playing ISU (other than it being a sandwich game for Oklahoma St.)...that being said, I do appreciate that you like the rest of my card...BOL to you this week...

How is this different then you saying that Oklahoma St is going to cover the 31 point spread? It is simply my opinion, and if I am ignorant for stating my opinion, how are you not ignorant for stating yours? I find your post offensive also insinuating that I do not think before I speak.

I would not bet for ISU, nor would I bet for OSU, let me just get that straight. I just believe that this game is a no play for the reason that the line is inflated. Oklahoma St was beat up in the Texas game last week. I was personally told that OSU is not going to get up for this game against ISU because they just want to be healthy for Texas Tech next week. Look for more running plays that usual from OSU to run down the clock.. they just want to finish this game as fast as possible. They will not be running up the score on this game.

Lout84

Quote Originally Posted by merkyone View Post
    using this same logic wouldn't tulane be the sandwich game for LSU having just played georgia and ALABAMA next up?
    Yes, it would be considered a sandwich game. I just feel that the line is pretty low to begin with. I think LSU could not get up for this game and still cover that low spread of 25. The Oklahoma St game is overly inflated due to their perfect ATS record. It should be more like -25 I believe.

tobycsh39
    tobycsh39's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love to see you on my aggies bro! So far, heard some good reports from some of the players regarding this game. They are actually getting excited about the remainder of this season and next season. We are playing alot of talented freshmen now and the offense is clicking on all cylinders. I predict a 3 touchdown win at Kyle.

On a side note, I have heard an assumption about a possible Ou, Texas upset down here...I just smiled, and walked away quietly.

Trey333
    Trey333's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags, these seem pretty safe. I'd like to hear your opinion on these:

USF-3 @Cnincy
    Ole Miss -6 vs Auburn
    South Carolina -6.5 vs. Tenn
    MichSt -5 vs Wisconsin
    Rice -2 @ UTEP
    Mizzou -21 @ Baylor
    Houston/Marshall U 62.5
    Minny -6.5 vs. NW'ern

Good Job last week and GL this week

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I come in after play # 6, which I like a lot.
    I don't know about the other 5, but I remain a believer.
    GL, pags. ( If you have 5Dimes, try one of my FCS plays this week. I feel I owe you one)

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

pags why the drop in half a unit on your plays? doesn't seem to be that significant of a difference, so why not bet 3 like normal?

SoonerBS
    SoonerBS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags, great week last week, dude!

I'll be joining you this week on your Texas A&M play and I will be cheering your others on . . . .

merkyone
    merkyone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1238

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post

merky,

you are correct regarding the LSU game, but other than that factor what case do you make for playing Tulane or not playing LSU?...Tulane is having a lot of problems right now and LSU never has any sympathy for these types of teams, regardless of the time of the year the game is played...
    wasn't a shot at your pick but more the logic of the previous post. i've been following your picks for several weeks since i found this forum. other than a couple picks which i disagreed with. you were right once and i was right the other. i know tulane had problems last week but i think they actually might have been looking forward to this game ( i had them along with you ). i won't be playing either side in this game but as i see it there is only one side i would play on with "lsu's consolation national championship game" on the horizon next weekend. i hope i'm wrong and you win it. hopefully they'll get better qb play. either way GL.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

drluck,

that's good you were on those games before you saw my thread, it's good to know we are on the same wavelength...yes, this is the time of the year when lines start to get tighter and as part of my money management system I start to scale my units back...good observation...

lout,

first off, have you ever seen me post a play and say "This game is going to cover!"?...of course you haven't because I don't do that...I post plays that I think have a chance in covering, but as with any play it has a chance of not...that being said it is extremely disrespectful to come in someone else's thread (you can say whatever you want in your own thread) and guarantee (because that's essentially what you are doing here) that Oklahoma St. isn't going to cover this week...now you start talking that you "were personally told" information that has led you to believe that Oklahoma St. isn't going to cover the spread this week...do you have Mike Gundy's cell number or something?...c'mon dude...if you want to make the argument that the line's inflated that's your right...personally I think the oddsmakers did a great job in this game really making you think before betting the Oklahoma St. side (and it sounds like they have kept you and many others off the game because of it)...I notice you make no mention of Iowa St. heading straight into the toilet as of now, or the fact that even if Oklahoma St. runs more running plays that they could still cover this number, or that Oklahoma St. has only given up 57 combined points the last three games against one pretty good offense and two of the best offenses in the country...didn't people bet Baylor like it was going out of style against OSU ultimately to have OSU cover the game a couple of weeks ago in a "sandwich" spot?...I'll get more into this in my write-up on Thursday but it's very easy for you to come in here on Monday and say that this game won't cover, but the game hasn't even been played yet...c'mon man...

tobycsh,

glad you feel similiarly about the Texas A&M game this week, as you know I respect your opinion highly...GL bud...

trey,

USF-3 @Cnincy (slight lean to Cincy but I'm 0-4 in weeknight games so don't take much stock in that)
    Ole Miss -6 vs Auburn (I'm on Ole Miss -5.5)
    South Carolina -6.5 vs. Tenn (no play)
    MichSt -5 vs Wisconsin (no play)
    Rice -2 @ UTEP (no play)
    Mizzou -21 @ Baylor (no play)
    Houston/Marshall U 62.5 (no play)
    Minny -6.5 vs. NW'ern (no play)

hope this helps you...

taurus,

appreciate your belief in me...yes, I checkout your threads each week, you are money with those FCS plays...thank you...

spongerat,

as part of my money management system I start to scale my units back towards the end of the season...just have learned over the years that the lines get tighter and it's best to scale it back during this time of year...

soonerbs,

thank you...glad to hear that you are on Texas A&M as well...was looking for your plays last night, and will be sure to go check out your thread here shortly...GL this week...

merkyone
    merkyone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1238

Quote Originally Posted by Lout84 View Post
    Yes, it would be considered a sandwich game. I just feel that the line is pretty low to begin with. I think LSU could not get up for this game and still cover that low spread of 25. The Oklahoma St game is overly inflated due to their perfect ATS record. It should be more like -25 I believe.
    a much better team... BCS champions, last year layed 40+ to a much worse tulane team and won by 25 after leading by 1 at the half. all i'm saying is i'd rather take ok st -31 in this spot than lsu -25 with NO real qb... and with their biggest game of the year, facing their betrayer (in their fan's eyes)... this is why they play the games!

good luck.

WSU_Tbone
    WSU_Tbone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Pags...any thoughts/insight on the Airforce game? Im leaning AF-9.5....

pags11

merky,

thanks for your thoughts...

wsu_tbone,

I'd have a tough time getting involved in that game...Army is a less talented version of Air Force, but that's a long trip for Air Force and a lot of points to lay in a service academy game...

pags11

PLAY NUMBER SEVEN:

Temple +7.5 (-103) for 2.5 units

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Pags....really like the card this week though I'll wait to see your thoughts on Oregon/Cal on Thurs before I get near that one....I noticed that you dropped plays to 2.5 units and was wondering if that was part of your "phasing out" process (less games, less units)? Is this because of a belief in sharper lines towards end of season? I guess that would make sense....If you got a moment you mind better explaining this strategy? Anyways GL to you sir, and get ready for a big week.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Pags, what are your thoughts on Tulsa - 7, TCU -14 and Utah - 7.5?

pags11

awhitejackson,

yeah, I elaborate more my thoughts on the Cal game later in the week...thanks regarding your thoughts on my card...yes, that's exactly why I scroll down my units at the end of the year, just like I start the season small until I get a feel for the teams...just what has worked for me over the years...

sportsguy,

I think that Tulsa line is about right...they are on fire, but they are off a short week and Arkansas has been improving with their play each week...no way I bet against TCU, but I'm not sure I could lay two TD's against UNLV this week either...I have a lean to New Mexico, but wanted to get double digits in that game as going against Utah is no easy task...it's a no play for me at the current number...

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

No week night games pags? Marshall is sitting pretty at +7.5

Lout84

drluck,

lout,

first off, have you ever seen me post a play and say "This game is going to cover!"?...of course you haven't because I don't do that...I post plays that I think have a chance in covering, but as with any play it has a chance of not...that being said it is extremely disrespectful to come in someone else's thread (you can say whatever you want in your own thread) and guarantee (because that's essentially what you are doing here) that Oklahoma St. isn't going to cover this week...now you start talking that you "were personally told" information that has led you to believe that Oklahoma St. isn't going to cover the spread this week...do you have Mike Gundy's cell number or something?...c'mon dude...if you want to make the argument that the line's inflated that's your right...personally I think the oddsmakers did a great job in this game really making you think before betting the Oklahoma St. side (and it sounds like they have kept you and many others off the game because of it)...I notice you make no mention of Iowa St. heading straight into the toilet as of now, or the fact that even if Oklahoma St. runs more running plays that they could still cover this number, or that Oklahoma St. has only given up 57 combined points the last three games against one pretty good offense and two of the best offenses in the country...didn't people bet Baylor like it was going out of style against OSU ultimately to have OSU cover the game a couple of weeks ago in a "sandwich" spot?...I'll get more into this in my write-up on Thursday but it's very easy for you to come in here on Monday and say that this game won't cover, but the game hasn't even been played yet...c'mon man...
    I am not stating it as fact that Oklahoma St won't cover. I have been doing this long enough to know NOTHING is a sure thing. I am saying that I believe Iowa St is going to cover just like you are saying that you believe Oklahoma St is going to cover. There is no difference. I think there are better games out there than this one to bet on this week. No need to get offended that I do not agree with you on one of your picks. Get off of your high horse my friend.

Lock-ness monsta
    Lock-ness monsta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lout,

Take it easy. There is no reason to get bent out of shape - just respectfully disagree if you have to.

Pags, love the LSU pick, as well as Oregon St. and Cal.

SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rich Biatch View Post
    No week night games pags? Marshall is sitting pretty at +7.5
    Can I ask why you like The Herd in this one?

Jimmydafreak
    Jimmydafreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

PLAY NUMBER FOUR:

LSU -25.5 (+101) for 2.5 units

I really love this play Pags!!! I'm all over it!!!

Good luck this week buddy!!!

FREAK OUT!!!

Jimmydafreak

Quote Originally Posted by Trey333 View Post
    Pags, these seem pretty safe. I'd like to hear your opinion on these:

USF-3 @Cnincy
    Ole Miss -6 vs Auburn
    South Carolina -6.5 vs. Tenn
    MichSt -5 vs Wisconsin
    Rice -2 @ UTEP
    Mizzou -21 @ Baylor
    Houston/Marshall U 62.5
    Minny -6.5 vs. NW'ern

Good Job last week and GL this week
    I absolutely LOVE your South Carolina play. I've watched Phat Phil in his Bama post-game presser, and his Monday morning preeser, and he looks totally defeated. He is in a deep depression and I don't see him motivating his troops for this game. The Bama game was their last hope to salvage the season, and they were pretty much humiliated despite playing probably their best game of the year.

On top of that, Spurrier hates Phat Phil's guts. He will not take it easy on him at all. In fact, quite the opposite. If Spurrier has any opportunity to run the score up on Fulmer, he'll jump all over it!!!

BOL!!!

FREAK OUT!!!

Lout84

Quote Originally Posted by Lock-ness monsta View Post
    Lout,

Take it easy. There is no reason to get bent out of shape - just respectfully disagree if you have to.

Pags, love the LSU pick, as well as Oregon St. and Cal.
    It just ticks me off when someone feels like the need to belittle another. I did not like the "ignorant" remark he made. There is no reason to get bent out of shape for me not agreeing with one of his picks. Just accept it and do your thing! Who cares if I agree or do not agree. It's just an opinion like everyone has. I am not "guaranteeing" victory like he thinks I am. If he read the beginning of my post I said, "I believe Oklahoma St does not cover". How is this a guarantee?

Jimmydafreak

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydafreak View Post
    I absolutely LOVE your South Carolina play. I've watched Phat Phil in his Bama post-game presser, and his Monday morning preeser, and he looks totally defeated. He is in a deep depression and I don't see him motivating his troops for this game. The Bama game was their last hope to salvage the season, and they were pretty much humiliated despite playing probably their best game of the year.

On top of that, Spurrier hates Phat Phil's guts. He will not take it easy on him at all. In fact, quite the opposite. If Spurrier has any opportunity to run the score up on Fulmer, he'll jump all over it!!!

BOL!!!

FREAK OUT!!!
    UPDATE: I just spoke to a good friend who ran into a guy he knows at lunch today who played on Tennessee's '98 team that was honored before the game. He told me that he'd spoken with one of his friends in the AD office and was told that Phat Phil was gone. He was also told the top two candidates they were talking to were Butch Davis & Lane Kiffin. He was on the field before the game and said that it was sad that the former players were more pumped up about the game than the ones about to kick off. He mentioned that Phil has become complacent and just can't get the job done anymore. If true, Philopotamus is a lame duck coach, and just confirms what I said above.

I think Spurrier will give him a dozen Krispy Kreme's and a big fat loss as a going away present!!!

FREAK OUT!!!

pags11

"This is a sandwich game and OSU WILL NOT cover this spread." -Lout

Did you not post this yesterday morning? I'm taking this right from your post. If you want to back track on your statements then you aren't being much of a man. Own up to the fact that you made an ignorant comment. What you fail to realize is that if you want to start a thread debating on whether OSU covers this week or not that's fine with me, just start your own thread about it. Do you see me coming into your thread and acting as you have? No, because that's not how I roll. It seems to me that you are the one butt hurt. What is even more amazing is it in your previous posts, you said you had no real opinion on the game and now all of a sudden you have an opinion on Iowa St.? Wow, that's all I can say...at any rate, lease be more respectful of my thread moving forward...I'm done debating this with you...

pags11

rich,

no, no weeknight games for me this week...GL with Marshall though...

lockness,

solid advice...glad we will be on those three together...GL this week...

jimmydafreak,

glad we will be on LSU together, as you know I respect your opinion tremendously...thanks also for the Phil Fulmer update...keep up the good work my friend...

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Show pags mad respect because we are pretty lucky he doesn't just keep his picks to himself like most of the best cappers that post. They'll post insight, yet not picks, on the forums. He is year in and year out one of the best cappers so you better have some damn good reasons to put down any of his plays.

pags11

deluxeliner,

I appreciate you saying that...as you state, all I ask is for respect in my thread...if someone wants to say a little piece about a game that's fine, but I'd like to keep the thread on topic...GL this week...

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Like your card, Im on Org St. & Ole Miss
    Im leaning towards Fla this week over Georgia, any opinion ?
    Good luck this week

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Pags,

As always, I appreciate your early picks, and without all of the "OMG, game of the year!, l-word, etc" attached to any of it. I'm still too streaky to put my picks out....9-1 last week, but .500 or under for the two previous weeks....so hats off for sticking by them week after week.

I just wanted to give a shout out for the consistent work.
    Last edited by laxdjock; 10-28-08 at 06:47 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I was personally told that OSU is not going to get up for this game against ISU because they just want to be healthy for Texas Tech next week. L
    I played college ball and I know from experience that if you come into a game with that attitude you are going to get your butt beat. They are still going to play hard, the last thing Oklahoma State wants is to let Iowa State hang around. 40 year old coaches may think differently though
    Last edited by daneblazer; 10-28-08 at 08:00 PM.

pags11

masr,

thank you...good to hear we will be on those two games together...I don't have a strong opinion on the Georgia vs. Florida game but think it will be a great game...GL this week pal...

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lout,

Please remember that this is Pags' thread of plays, and any spirited debate on a disagreement on one of his plays should take place in another thread. He's just posting his plays, you can agree or disagree, but it's best to leave the repeated back-and-forth of naysaying in another thread.

Thanks
    CrazyL

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Pags, after a little more research I am with you on A&M and Temple. Really like those plays. While I like the line for my Spartans, I try to stay away from their games, enough on the "line" already.

My best Big 10 play is Iowa +1.5. Will post writeup later this week.

First 12345 Last