TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Kansas State @ Louisville (Wednesday)

Kansas State is -3.5 and I dont think the total comes out until later. Kansas State hasnt played anybody yet. It's a make or break game for both teams. Nobody knows if KSU is for real or not. Is Louisville better than what the Kentucky game showed? I feel tempted to tease this down to 2.5 or wait and see if the line drops. Kansas State -2.5 looks pretty good to me. Anybody else have any thoughts?

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

K State should win this one easily. L'ville showed nothing vs. Kentucky, and K State is the better of the two Wildcats. I like K State by 2 TDs

TPowell

Louisville showed nothing in their first game of the year, but Week 1 games are always misleading. Regardless, I think K-State will sneak by a confused Louisville team

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Off the bat, I would say K State would be the play, but can't bet against Louisville it will ruin the game for me. . .

might make a play on the total, but no play at this point.

TPowell

same here, I think it's an easy bet but I really want to root for UL Wednesday night.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Don't forget how awful the Big East is this year too. Has the conference even covered a non-conference game yet this year? Sounds like K-State by 10 to me.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

K State is the superior team. With that siad, I'm still buying the 1/2 point so that it's KSU -3.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

lville was such a dissappointment last yr
    are they any good this yr?

TPowell

talent wise? Not really but Ron English has the defense looking pretty good so far. Kentucky scored 27 but most of those points were off their defense. If Hunter Cantwell comes to play then Louisville will win IMO

ryanXL977

then ill take lville ml

is it on tv?

TPowell

yeah ESPN at 7:00 Central I believe. I like Louisville on the ML as well. I dont see this being a REALLY close game. It's going to go one way or the other IMO

TPowell

also dont know if it matters or not, but the Ryder Cup is in Louisville this week. I'm sure the city will be electric and might even lead to more energized fans. Just hope I get back in time to catch the second half or something

emmittrudd
    emmittrudd's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would rather catch 3 points and play on the Ryder cup team playing K-State rather than this clown UL team. K-State cruises. This is not Tenn Tech.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll be taking K-state

ryanXL977

ill take the home dog
    every time in a tossuip game like this
    who is kstate? are they any good

LVILLE ROLLs

BRIAN BROHM TIME

oh wait.....

teaserpleaser

I just noticed the under 28 first half ... im on that and i'll be waiting for the second half team totals I really like Josh Freeman a 3 year starter at QB for K state need to think on the sides.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Josh Freeman threw for over 3,300 yds for K-State last year and Coach Ron Prince seems to have his kids well coached and motivated! Looking at some of their tougher road games last year....lost by 10 at Auburn but had the lead til the 4th qtr, blasted Texas by 20 on the road, and lost by 2 at Oklahoma State which was a Louisville (2007 version) type of team! Don't want to judge L-Ville by that Kentucky disaster alone but they're inexperienced at all the skill positions and struggling to play defense with confidence! Lastly, the older I get the more important strength of conference seems to be in handicapping NCAA football? Big 12 vs Big East...you get my drift!

K-State 34 Louisville 23

ryanXL977

things to consider
    the big east does suck
    maybe i lay off this one

bearmz
    bearmz's Avatar Become A Pro!

WILDCATS AND CARDINALS MEET ON SEPT. 17 IN NATIONALLY-TELEVISED MID-WEEK CONTEST

Kansas State, coming off a dominant 69-10 win over Montana State on Sept. 6, will hit the raod
    for the first time in 2008 as it faces Louisville on Wednesday, September 17, in the Cats’ first regular season mid-week game since 1994.

The last time the Wildcats faced the Cardinals -- a 24-6 loss in Manhattan in 2006. Hunter Cantwell threw for 173 yards and a touchdown in the win. Senior Brock Bolen scored on a 17 yard run and
    Cantwell threw a touchdown pass to Harry Douglas. The Cardinals stuffed the Kansas State offense, holding the Wildcats to just 247 yards of total offense, including just 108 yards on the ground.
    Louisville’s offense, which came in leading the nation with more than 563 yards and 50 points
    per game, totaled 393 yards against Kansas State’s young defense.

Kansas State will try and move its current streak to three wins when coming off a mid-season
    bye when it travels to Louisville on Sept. 17. In 2005, the Wildcats knocked off North Texas, 54-7,
    after a bye week before not receiving a bye week in 2006. Then, last season, the Wildcats traveled to No. 7 Texas following a bye and picked up their first-ever road win over a top 10 team.
    Giving the Wildcats an extra week to prepare has traditionally been bad news for Kansas State
    opponents. The Wildcats have had 16 previous mid-season bye weeks in the last 17 seasons and
    have turned the extra week of preparation into a 12-4 record the following week.

Kansas State has been one of the most dominant teams in all of college football in non-conference play over the last decade. The Wildcats have won 11 of their last 15 games vs. non-conference opponents and have posted perfect non-conference ledgers eight times in the last 12 years. In all non-conference games over the last 12 seasons (Big 12 era), the Wildcats own a 43-10 (.811) record, with a 39-5 (.886) mark in non-conference regular-season tilts.

K-State QB Josh Freeman is a three-year starter. The 6-foot-6, 250-pound junior has rushed for four touchdowns and thrown five with no interceptions this season.

With five touchdown passes in the first two games of the season, quarterback Josh Freeman
    has now thrown for at least one score in each of the last 13 games and has averaged 2.25 passing touchdowns in his last eight games. The last time Freeman did not register a touchdown pass was the 2007 season opener at Auburn. Furthermore, Freeman has thrown just one interception in his last five games dating back to 2007. The junior signal caller is currently on a 125-pass attempt streak without throwing a pick. He was efficient over the final six games of the 2007 season, during which he recorded a 13-4 touchdown-to-interception ratio.

Kansas State returns a veteran squad in 2008 as 39 lettermen and 24 players who earned starts
    a year ago are back, led by national award candidates Josh Freeman, Ian Campbell and Brooks
    Rossman. The Wildcats return key players in every phase of the game and enter year three of the
    Ron Prince era with the most veteran squad in years.

• Seven Wildcats made their first career starts in the KST‘s ‘08 opener, four on offense and three on defense... Getting the nod in the starting lineup
    Saturday on offense were receiver Ernie Pierce, running back Keithen Valentine and offensive lineman Edward Prince. Defensively, tackle
    Brandon Balkcom, linebacker Olu Hall and defensive back Blair Irvin collected their first-career starts.

The Wildcats will head into the 2008 season with one of the most experienced offensive lines
    in school history. In fact, if you look at the Wildcats’ current two-deep at each of the five line positions, the group has combined for 68 starts among the 10 players.

Watch List
    Jordan Bedore: Rimington Trophy
    Ian Campbell, returning two-time First Team All-Big 12: Ted Hendricks Award, Chuck Bednarik Award, Preseason All-Big 12, Bronko Nagurski Trophy

Last year, K-State was 4-2 at home and 1-5 on the road. In 2006, the 'Cats were 6-2 at home and 1-3 in true road games. In the two seasons before that, the Wildcats were 2-7 outside of Manhattan, and even in the 2003 Big 12 championship season, Bill Snyder's team was just 2-2 in road games, 2-1 on neutral fields, but 7-1 at home.

K-State sought immediate help and signed 15 junior-college players -- including current starters in linebacker Ulla Pomele and cornerback Blair Irvin. Pomele leads the team with 11 tackles through two games.
    The Wildcats also got a boost from Olu Hall, a transfer from Virginia now starting at outside linebacker.

The running game is iffy on offense, the linebacker play, coach Ron Prince says, needs to be better on defense.
    Those are the two areas of concern as Kansas State prepares for Wednesday's 7 p.m. game at Louisville.
    Prince says that it's not a ghastly situation on defense, but, "It is just that this is a linebacker-driven defense. It is intended to be very disciplined, but also have it create some opportunities."
    The most notable change on this week’s Kansas State football depth chart came at inside linebacker, where senior Reggie Walker was displaced by junior college addition Hansen Sekona. Walker will move to the outside, where he will back up Antwon Moore.
    Also, sophomore defensive tackle Gabe Crews will be back with the team this week. Junior left tackle Edward Prince returns as well, but sophomore defensive tackle Xzavier Stewart will not. Freshman Brandon Harold will receive his first collegiate start, at left end. Ian Campbell moves to right end. Senior Ray Cheatham has slid in front of Blair Irvin at one of the cornerback spots, and junior safety Courtney Herndon is listed ahead of Gary Chandler at safety.

Kansas State coach Ron Prince has made improving the ground game a priority for the Wildcats during their off week. They play at Louisville on Sept. 17.
    Louisville has allowed only 96 rushing yards in two games. K-State averages 4.3 yards per carry and 171 per game.
    Quarterback Josh Freeman is averaging 5.8 yards a carry, best on the team. His four rushing touchdowns are three more than any running back
    Prince sees Valentine, who leads the Wildcats with 104 yards, Logan Dold and Justin Woods as close competitors for more carries. Valentine, a junior-college transfer, came to Kansas State as a walk-on. Woods is a redshirt freshman, and Dold is a freshman many thought was ticketed for the secondary. The slow start isn’t entirely a surprise.
    •Prince also said he thinks offensive tackle Edward Prince and defensive tackles Gabe Crews and Xzavier Stewart will play against Louisville. They did not play against Montana State because of unspecified reasons.

Prince suspended linebacker John Houlik -- Kansas State's leading returning tackler -- for the first three games after a July arrest for driving under the influence.
    Prince also indefinitely suspended running back Leon Patton, who would have returned as the team's leading rusher, after he was arrested on outstanding warrants for theft and failure to appear in court.

Kansas State was picked to finish fifth in the north in the preseason media poll.

Louisville struggled to run the football -- 1.8 yards a carry -- in a loss to Kentucky. It totaled 234 yards and an average of 5.4 against in a 51-10 win over Tennessee Tech.

Against Kentucky, U of L limited the Wildcats to 210 total yards and just 63 rushing yards.

Louisville is limiting the opposition to just 48.0 yards on the ground through two
    contests and are yielding just 1.7 yards per carry. Tennessee Tech and Kentucky have rushed 55 times for
    96 yards.

The Cardinals’ offensive linemen were banged up pretty good in the win over Tennessee Tech. Louisville
    lost four of their five starters at some point in the game. The only starter to remain was offensive
    tackle Jeff Adams.

University of Louisville offensive coordinator Jeff Brohm is looking down while calling plays now, and the Cardinals are better off because of it.
    Brohm, in his first season of calling plays, spent the Kentucky game on the sideline. Although being on the field allowed him to gauge the Cards' temperament, it didn't allow him a good vantage point for seeing defensive nuances. It was the first time since 2000 that U of L didn't have an offensive score
    "I do know reading the coverages, seeing the blitzes, seeing the type of leverage DBs (defensive backs) are having on receivers -- it's a lot easier to see there than it is on the field," he said. "I know my vision was a lot better."

It will mark the first time U of L will face a defense that primarily uses a three-man front. And Kansas State's mobile defensive ends allow it to get creative with its schemes.

Low scoring?????

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Josh Freeman threw for over 3,300 yds for K-State last year and Coach Ron Prince seems to have his kids well coached and motivated! Looking at some of their tougher road games last year....lost by 10 at Auburn but had the lead til the 4th qtr, blasted Texas by 20 on the road, and lost by 2 at Oklahoma State which was a Louisville (2007 version) type of team! Don't want to judge L-Ville by that Kentucky disaster alone but they're inexperienced at all the skill positions and struggling to play defense with confidence! Lastly, the older I get the more important strength of conference seems to be in handicapping NCAA football? Big 12 vs Big East...you get my drift!

K-State 34 Louisville 23
    lol I had auburn on ML in tht game i almost got wacked Freeman is the real deal.

TPowell

I'll be on Louisville once I find out how George Bussey and Eric Wood are doing.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

TPowell,

Everytime I bet the Colts or Hoosiers I go down hard...maybe its not Rule #1 for handicapping but over estimating and playing on your home teams is definitely in the top 3! Just a little friendly advice!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

OK, the more I look at this game, the more I like the UNDER.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    TPowell,

Everytime I bet the Colts or Hoosiers I go down hard...maybe its not Rule #1 for handicapping but over estimating and playing on your home teams is definitely in the top 3! Just a little friendly advice!
    Haha, every time I bet against my alma matter, they not only cover, but win outright

HOMAR
    HOMAR's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas State And The Under A Small Parley..1.5 Units.....

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Likin' the dog @ home...
    LOUISVILLE +4....

ryanXL977

lville+175 is the play
    **** the pts
    go cards

ChiefDiesel
    ChiefDiesel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not touching the over or under too much of a toss-up, Im gonna take K State rolling this Louisville Team easily, the Louisville defense has woken up but the Kansas State offense has been unstopable in the passing percentage and it should be a roll
    Predicted- 31-14 Kansas State
    10-2 so far betting college football

TPowell

Chief, words of wisdom- Never post a record without actually posting all your picks. I learned it the hard way lol. Anyways I'm not sure. Louisville's 2 best OL (C-Eric Woods and T-George Bussey) are both probable after getting hurt against Tennessee Tech. Without those 2, this game WILL get ugly

ryanXL977

home dog
    why cant they win
    kstate is a 6 win team, lville is a 6 win team
    i know big east sucks but that doesnt make kstate good

lville+175
    lock it down bitches

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

At first glance I was honestly thinking KSU-3 or better, but I do not like their road record. Also, a bad ATS road team traveling mid-week is another negative IMO. KSU has just not been a very good FAV period. Televised game & all, but KSU is has not had a chance to tune up vs. any decent team, & is now a FAV on the road....???

Just last Nov., they lost 45-29 @ FRES ST & lost 73-31 @ NEB.

I think this line is a "BIG12" line, not a KSU road line.

Kansas State is 6-15 ATS in its last 21 games on the road
    Kansas State is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road
    The total has gone OVER in 17 of Kansas State's last 21 games on the road

A true KSU road line for this one would be Pk at best, I would have to lean UL+4 or better.

ryanXL977

he is exactly right
    this is a big 12 line
    exactly right. perfectly put

TPowell

bash me if you want but K-State has played NOBODY. They WON'T put a lot of points on the board against a MUCH improved Louisville defense under Ron English. I'm doing one of the following

6 point teaser with UL and the under
    Louisville ML
    Louisville (+4)

SR
    SR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

KSU has had almost 2 weeks to prepare for an awful and injury depleted/prone Lville team. I'm on KSU -4.

Not that it matters but here's a little article

KSU QB Freeman

TPowell

this isn't your daddy's Louisville defense though. I'm playing the under because I couldnt justify betting Louisville and didnt want to root against them

1234 Last