Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10474

Did Dana White really say that the UFC is bigger than the NFL? I have heard that but have no proof.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I love watching UFC events, but there is no way the UFC will ever trump the NFL in the U.S. It's like saying in England that the UFC will be bigger than the EPL. Not going to happen! That's the only thing that Dana White says that I think is funny. Other than that I think Dana White is just as good as anyone else at doing his job. He does what he does for a reason. Any person in a position of power will get "haters." It is the way of the world.
    Last edited by FindTheLock; 03-27-11 at 03:30 AM.

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wasn't what he said that he wanted the UFC to be bigger then the NFL? and if not the UFC isn't bigger then the NFL in the US... but you have to remember that it's not only in the US that the UFC is popular. Think outside the box

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Dana is gettin a lot of heat today because ZUFFA removed the Gracie breakdowns off Youtube for a short period of time! Classic Zuffa gestapo!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

A guy who would probably stiff you on a bet and then make up excuses.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Dana is gettin a lot of heat today because ZUFFA removed the Gracie breakdowns off Youtube for a short period of time! Classic Zuffa gestapo!
    I actually think it's kind of funny that Zuffa did that. Remember who Rener and Ryron Gracie's dad is, and those breakdown videos were really commercials pushing Jiu-Jitsu specifically from one school, the Gracie Academy.

All of this leads to one guy, Rorion Gracie. One thing I've always said about this guy, that set him apart from anyone else in the Gracie family, isn't his his Jiu-Jitsu skill but his business smarts. He's all about making money and milking people for all that he can.

He wasn't the first Gracie to even start a school in the US, but he was the first Gracie to get Gracie Jiu-Jitsu federally trademarked over here. In Brazil, there are a number of schools that go by Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, but in the US the only school that uses that name is Rorian's school in Torrance. Every other Gracie school will incorporate the full name of the Gracie family member like Rickson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu or Renzo Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. They do that because back in the 90's, Rorion started to threaten other family members with actual ligation for trademark infringement. He even took his own brother Rickson and cousin Carley to court over the name, and that law suit with Carley got really really nasty.

You combine that with his belt promotion policies along with early tournament policies, what becomes plainly evident is Rorion's main concern is money and of upholding the myth of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. There have been countless people over the years who started out at Rorion's school because he'd award you with a blue belt for practically nothing, only to leave because they were stuck at brown belt for years. And for the majority of those guys who left and went elsewhere, either down to Brazil or another school, were quickly acknowledged as black belts by other instructors. If you look at the list of the first American black belts from the early 90's, there's a reason why a lot of them are from Rigan Machado and it's definitely not a coincidence that his school operated in Torrance only a few miles from Rorion's.

Rorion finally awarded his first black belts back in 2007? And that was only because Rener and Ryron were eligable.

Anyways, whenever I see Rorion or school get the shaft it warms my heart because he's been doing the same to people for years. End of rant.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    yeah but hes been that way forever i've been used to him for years now... he actually cares about the fighters somewhat believe it or not at these last tuf tryouts he was handing out franklins per sub during the grappling portion thats awesome... Hes in your face and calls it how he sees it most people dont know how to handle it.

not so sure about this..i still remember him trying to coerce nick ring into fighting on the tuf show with a badly messed up knee....

i don`t think he gives much of a damn about anything other than the bottom line......
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 03-29-11 at 06:50 PM.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I bet George Bush is a bigger douche, I bet Ted Bundy was a bigger douche, I bet Berny Manhoff is a bigger douche...

you forgot obama...biggest douche of the bunch...the uber-douche..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    you forgot obama...biggest douche of the bunch...the uber-douche..
    ha yeah forgot about him, he's worst of them all!

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

The thing I like the most about Dana White and the way he runs things is he puts the fights out that the fans want to see. As long as it is a reasonable request he tries to get the best match ups possible. I won't even watch another boxing event until Pacquiao fights Mayweather. Bunch of bums like James Toney eating a Double Big mac before they throw down. It's not even a sport anymore, it's a damn eating contest. I was happy when Couture choked toney out. The fat ass didn't even work on his ground game or cardio before he challenged Brock Lesnar!!!

First 12