ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    nah semtex gets subbed in the first
    C'mon kiefy. I thought you said diaz gets knocked out? Which is it. ?

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

nice

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Lightweight contender Lyle Beerbohm (16-1 MMA, 5-1 SF) vs. DREAM champion Shinya Aoki (26-5 MMA, 0-1 SF) is now official for "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley,

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

great matchmaking

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Where's poppa catfish and vaughany? Probably online looking for some way to discredit this stacked card. Where are the strikeforce haters?
    haha Three great fights in Melendez vs Kawajiri, Aoki vs Beerbohm and Daley vs Diaz no doubt! But I dont think it can be called a stacked card yet when there are only 4 definite fights!

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

C'mon kiefy. I thought you said diaz gets knocked out? Which is it. ?
    just an excuse to use the Candiaz nickname but honestly we'll see what happens

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    haha Three great fights in Melendez vs Kawajiri, Aoki vs Beerbohm and Daley vs Diaz no doubt! But I dont think it can be called a stacked card yet when there are only 4 definite fights!
    Aoki vs Beerbohm is a great fight? Why? How exactly does Beerbohm win this fight? I can't even say its a good fight, more like a sparring match. Line for this fight: Aoki -2,000 Beerbohm +infinite

Other two fights are good and should be very entertaining.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Aoki vs Beerbohm is a great fight? Why? How exactly does Beerbohm win this fight? I can't even say its a good fight, more like a sparring match. Line for this fight: Aoki -2,000 Beerbohm +infinite

Good fight for Strikeforce standards I mean!

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    i've learned long ago to never count on a fighter's chin. nogueira had never been knocked out before and was a 3 to 1 favorite against mir when they met. he got KOed. people said he was sick for that fight. then nogeuira got KOed again by cain. people said brock had a great chin after withstanding the onslaught of carwin. that's what i thought too. then he KOed by cain.

styles makes fights. daley lost against koscheck because he's a great wrestler and lost the decision. can diaz take daley down? i'm not sure diaz's wrestling is good enough to be honest. daley's striking is way better and has more power than any fighter diaz has faced. this fight stays standing for long and diaz is getting ktfo.
    People said Hendo had a iron chin....and he did...and he still does...look at the shot he took last fight most people would have been out, he used it to go right back to his roots and get the take down. Just because fighters you mentioned lost there chin does not mean that diaz has also. I really see this fight ending Fedor Werdum style, where Daley drops a bomb, Diaz goes down, and throws up a sub as Daley is trying to finish.

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Diaz vs Daley? HELL YES!

Poppa Catfish

hemlock? HELL YES

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

just got my tickets to this one, hope it outperforms the UFC 121 event I went to...stacked card on paper, but overall...not a very good show. The atmosphere was electric though so that added a little more excitement, especially when Lesnar vs Velasquez showdown arrived!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i wonder whether daley will be stupid enough to follow diaz to the ground if he knocks him down?.....cause that would be the death of him....

tough one to call....diaz doesn`t exactly having scintillating take downs....can he get daley tothe ground?....

if this is 5(and i`m sure it is),i think diaz(who i have enormous respect for as a fighter and a tough guy) will have serious difficulty standing with daley for 25 minutes.......he can pitty-pat daley for several rounds,but i think that at some point he`ll get caught or probably cut up...his face is a real liability...

imo,he has to get daley on the ground.....

he stops daley standing,and that`s a serious feather in his cap...

how is daley`s cardio?.....the record doesn`t indicate that it`s a liability..

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I think Daley will be dangerous in the first 2 rounds but after that he will be worn down from diaz's pressure.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Diaz / Daley plays out on the feet. I don't think Diaz can take Daley down. Maybe if Daley fades late in fight, Diaz can put him on cage, drop for a single and drag him down. However, Diaz length could frustrate Daley. What do you make of Masivadal fight? Daley was not very effective when he was kept at the end of the jab.

Aoki's chin is a huge liability. Plus, he is coming stateside, no pants and out of his element. But, chances are he subs Beerbolm. Beerbolm is going to have to have a real conservative gameplan and avoid the scrambles he seems so comfortable in. I wouldnt be suprised to see Aoki come in around -180 though and I would be on it.

Poppa Catfish

Whether or not his chin is suspect is inconsequential to this fight, have you seen Beerbohm's stand up? His pawing double jab wouldn't knock out my 19 month year old son. I think Aoki could probably out point him if he wanted on the feet, on the ground, well Beerbohm was out grappled by journeyman Healy, so I don't think that will work out any better for him.

Aoki has fought without pants several times, that is a huge non factor, but it being in the States is something slightly concerning. If it is anywhere near -180 (which I seriously doubt), I will be all over it.

Poppa Catfish

I do think you are on to something with the Diaz fight, Diaz's chin and his non stop peppering of jabs will frustrate and tire out Daley. I think it will shock a lot of people to see him win the stand up war, and as you rightly pointed out its not like Diaz has the option to take it to the ground anyways. Diaz just doesn't have the wrestling, maybe with a Daley slip or a knockdown he can submit Daley, but I also don't see him being successful with takedowns.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Whether or not his chin is suspect is inconsequential to this fight, have you seen Beerbohm's stand up? His pawing double jab wouldn't knock out my 19 month year old son. I think Aoki could probably out point him if he wanted on the feet, on the ground, well Beerbohm was out grappled by journeyman Healy, so I don't think that will work out any better for him.

Aoki has fought without pants several times, that is a huge non factor, but it being in the States is something slightly concerning. If it is anywhere near -180 (which I seriously doubt), I will be all over it.

I respect Healy's grappling ability. I think he has improved greatly in last couple of years. But, yea, any grappling with Aoki should result in a loss. And, you do remind me that Aoki did out point Ribeiro on the feet. Still, with Aoki recent ko on NYE, getting dominated by Melendez last time he fought in the states, I wouldnt be shocked if the line opened around -200.

omalley21

I think Diaz could take Daley down if he wanted. He just prefers to beat him at his own game. I don't think aoki in the us is a bet I would take.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think daley is going to win. not only will nick not be able to take paul down, but he wont even try. daley by KO. jus a bad matchup

Birdman126
    Birdman126's Avatar Become A Pro!

If diaz wants, he can make it a short night and sub daley.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    I respect Healy's grappling ability. I think he has improved greatly in last couple of years. But, yea, any grappling with Aoki should result in a loss. And, you do remind me that Aoki did out point Ribeiro on the feet. Still, with Aoki recent ko on NYE, getting dominated by Melendez last time he fought in the states, I wouldnt be shocked if the line opened around -200.
    I hope you are right.

Awfully hard to hold getting knocked out by a (cross dressing) kick boxer against Aoki, imo. He also took a fairly decent beating against Melendez without being stopped, but then again but for ref error I think he would have been KO'd in that fight. I still don't see how Beerbohm replicates that, but you very well might be right, that might be enough for them to question Aoki.

ttrace35

What happens to this event? I was dying for this fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

What happens to this event? I was dying for this fight.
    Still on.

THE_LOCKSMITH

in addition to Daley being pissed about the UFC takeover, Aoki and Kawajiri could have pulled out because of the Japan earthquake. So i hope its all still a go

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    in addition to Daley being pissed about the UFC takeover, Aoki and Kawajiri could have pulled out because of the Japan earthquake. So i hope its all still a go
    I doubt it.

xelance

I am hoping it is not a go so I can get my money back! I cant go anymore....pleeease cancel this event so I dont take a huge hit

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

-145 on Diaz a lot of money going in on Daley early. Diaz at -145 is a steal.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am a little worried. daley should win this but with the short amount of time and distractions from zuffa purchase he may not b 100%

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Daley has also had to cut short his training camp in Holland for unknown reasons at moment.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I like Diaz up to -200 here. As soon as the fight hits the ground Daley is out of his element - and it will at some point. He's going to have to (T)KO Nick to win this... and how often to we see Nick knocked silly? Diaz by late sub (triangle).

Me likey...
    Diaz + Phil Davis parlay - 1u to win .96u
    Last edited by sirchadwick1; 03-21-11 at 05:52 AM.

thefastship
    thefastship's Avatar Become A Pro!

With the UFC buying strikeforce...Diaz knows whats at stake if he wins this fight. He will get into the top 4 in his weight class and be primed for a super fight with some top ufc guys ....maybe even GSP within a year.

omalley21

Mike Kyle +300 at bookmaker.. That look good to anyone?

xelance

no doubt that looks good, Im jumping on that one.

THE_LOCKSMITH

No time for rest after that fight night card, get to cappin'. This MMA game is year round

First 12345 ... Last