ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    No time for rest after that fight night card, get to cappin'. This MMA game is year round

I hate to be such a square but....... This looks like the time to parlay these 4 favs. Which fight has the biggest chance to be an upset?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I hate to be such a square but....... This looks like the time to parlay these 4 favs. Which fight has the biggest chance to be an upset?
    Crusher for sure.

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Robert Peralta vs. Hiroyuki Takaya*
    • Saad Awad vs. Joe Duarte*
    • Casey Ryan vs. Paul Song*
    • Edgar Cardenas vs. Rolando Perez*

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Crusher for sure.
    Maybe. I do respect those japanese fighters. I think they are very tough. He prolly has the best chance, but I dunno. I'm not betting on it.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Do you remember gilbert melendes vs aoki ? My conclusion after that fight is that people with good wrestling in cage or octagon have a fair chance to win, because in that fight, aoki looked horrible. It was simply to much space to cover for him. I do not like aoki in cage, and this fight is in a cage. If i was suppose to bet, i would bet aoki sub hedged with beerbohm, but i cant find props. Paddy power do not have props for strikeforce so i am out.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Yea i really like Melendez, as for upset Kyle looked good in the 1st round over BigFoot, he can really use his size over Mousasi, maybe grind out 2 of 3 rounds

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Maybe. I do respect those japanese fighters. I think they are very tough. He prolly has the best chance, but I dunno. I'm not betting on it.
    The first fight was close. If anything the ropes seemed to help Melendez more than Kawajiri in that fight. Look at the early takedown attempts by Kawajiri.

Melendez was rocked several times in the first few minutes. Melendez did a much better job of maintaining position than Kawajiri.

What has changed since then:

1)Gilbert's boxing has improved, especially his footwork and defense.
    2)Kawajiri is going straight to his wrestling now rather than engaging in slugfests.
    3)Kawajiri's cardio seems improved.

I don't think comparing the Aoki fight is very useful as Aoki and Kawajiri are very different fighters. Melendez didn't allow Aoki to get a hold of him. Melendez will not be able to stop Kawajiri in the same way.

Gilbert should definitely be the favorite, but not this much. In a 3-rounder I would be making a large play on Crusher, In a 5-rounder I'm only playing 1 unit.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I cant bring myself to bet on a japanese fighter in their US debut. Nevermind after a tsunami hit Japan. Can't see that helping. Im shocked their still fighting.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

only question really is how good daley's takedown defense is. he looked like crap against koscheck. not sure how diaz compares.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Kyle has pulled out with broken hand...imagine Ovince St Preux will be their first point of call!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Kyle has pulled out with broken hand...imagine Ovince St Preux will be their first point of call!
    Don't get me excited. If he comes in at +300 I'm all over it.

LayingThe$Down
    LayingThe$Down's Avatar Become A Pro!

I jumped on Melendez at -185. If it wasn't for the layoff, I would have bet my house on him. Kawajiri has slowed down too much, and Melendez is 28 and looks better and better in every fight. Melendez will have the speed and wrestling advantage imo. Melendez won't slow down. Going to be a difficult fight for Kawajiri. Big fan of both, though.

I got Nick at -200. imo Daley has one way of winning, by a clean standing KO. With Nick's chin and recovery ability, even if Daley knocks Nick down, it would be suicidal to follow him to the ground to try to finish. On the ground, hurt or not, Nick makes Daley look like a little child if it goes there.

Daley will have to restrict his kicks and/or knees in order to prevent the takedown, this will leave him with his left hook. Too one-dimensional. Too easy to gameplan against. And Daley didn't impress me against Masvidal, he showed weaknesses in that fight that Nick will be able to exploit (Nick's jab will keep Daley off-balance). The first few rounds may be close, but Nick will wear him down.

To beat a well-rounded champion like Nick, it will take more than a one-trick pony. Sure, small gloves give anyone a chance, but at -200 I will take Nick.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

just sold my tickets to this event, happy as hell to just get my money back!

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

If OSP is anything around +250, I'll put some down.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

diaz for the win

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Strikeforce officials today announced that Keith Jardine, a 13-time UFC veteran, has agreed to step in on just one-week's notice and face Gegard Mousasi at "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley."

The slot becomes available when Mike Kyle broke his right hand in training and was forced to withdraw from the contest.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Strikeforce officials today announced that Keith Jardine, a 13-time UFC veteran, has agreed to step in on just one-week's notice and face Gegard Mousasi at "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley."

The slot becomes available when Mike Kyle broke his right hand in training and was forced to withdraw from the contest.
    this means Mousasi -500

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    this means Mousasi -500
    I'm thinking more like -1000.

Camdemonium
    Camdemonium's Avatar Become A Pro!

-1000 you think so? Jardine has fought some tough dudes. So has Mousasi but if he is still with Jackson's team, I'd lay a couple units at +1000 for Jardine.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kawajiri has done zero preparation for fighting in a cage.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Kaw...tle-Bout-31270

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Quote Originally Posted by Camdemonium View Post
    -1000 you think so? Jardine has fought some tough dudes. So has Mousasi but if he is still with Jackson's team, I'd lay a couple units at +1000 for Jardine.
    -1000 will only get you back 6 or 700. not 1000.

Camdemonium
    Camdemonium's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by snake11eyes View Post
    -1000 will only get you back 6 or 700. not 1000.
    Granted. I still would NOT lay 1000 to win 100. That's a terrible play, one fluke ruins your whole bankroll. Let's just say +600, I think Jardine wins this more than 14.29% of the time. I still think Mousasi will win. But I haven't seen a fight I thought was that slanted since Couture-Toney.

Another note I saw Kyle at +275. Do you really think Kyle is that much better than Jardine? The more I type, the less I understand why I'm even making this point. The truth needs no defense.

NickTheGrip
    NickTheGrip's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's definitely a tougher fight for mousassi now

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!

any lines up yet?

THE_LOCKSMITH

yea at the top of the page

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

phillybadboy

Quote Originally Posted by Camdemonium View Post
    agree dogs is the only way to win long term

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Mousasi shouldn't open at -1000.... if anything I'd say around -600.

Jardine will not hold any value to me unless he is at +500 or so though (doubtful). I see him getting cracked and dropped early.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by LayingThe$Down View Post
    I jumped on Melendez at -185. If it wasn't for the layoff, I would have bet my house on him. Kawajiri has slowed down too much, and Melendez is 28 and looks better and better in every fight. Melendez will have the speed and wrestling advantage imo. Melendez won't slow down. Going to be a difficult fight for Kawajiri. Big fan of both, though.

I got Nick at -200. imo Daley has one way of winning, by a clean standing KO. With Nick's chin and recovery ability, even if Daley knocks Nick down, it would be suicidal to follow him to the ground to try to finish. On the ground, hurt or not, Nick makes Daley look like a little child if it goes there.

Daley will have to restrict his kicks and/or knees in order to prevent the takedown, this will leave him with his left hook. Too one-dimensional. Too easy to gameplan against. And Daley didn't impress me against Masvidal, he showed weaknesses in that fight that Nick will be able to exploit (Nick's jab will keep Daley off-balance). The first few rounds may be close, but Nick will wear him down.

To beat a well-rounded champion like Nick, it will take more than a one-trick pony. Sure, small gloves give anyone a chance, but at -200 I will take Nick.
    I don't see how Kawajiri has slowed down in his recent fights, where do you get that from. And how exactly are you judging the wrestling aspect here? Why do you think Melendez has the wrestling advantage.
    Last edited by Chairib; 04-04-11 at 05:27 PM.

MMAdisciple

So C.Gracie says he's 100 percent certain Diaz will knock Daley out....posturing, or just bold?

phillybadboy

guy doesn't lie, diaz will dominate

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by MMAdisciple View Post
    So C.Gracie says he's 100 percent certain Diaz will knock Daley out....posturing, or just bold?
    When was the last time Diaz KO'd someone?

phillybadboy

ufc robbie lawler, nice knockout

Chairib

Exactly, seven years ago at UFC 47. His striking style isn't about KO's, it's more about throwing punches in bunches. He uses that pawing jab of his partially for judging distance and range but also to hide his right hand.

MMAdisciple

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    ufc robbie lawler, nice knockout
    If we're talking TKO's as well (Gracie could have very well meant "stopping with strikes" in general), Diaz last stopped Zaromskis in the beginning of 2010, with 6 other (T)KO's between then and Lawler.

Not saying he can stop Daley with his hands though...

First 123456 ... Last