THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

TUF 13 Lesnar Vs Dos Santos

After months of speculation and more than a dozen rumored names, UFC president Dana White today announced heavyweight contenders Brock Lesnar and Junior Dos Santos will be coaches on the upcoming 13th season of "The Ultimate Fighter.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22057/broc...13-coaches.mma

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

that should be very interesting.i hope that they find some good talent.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

This sucks ball IMO! Not a fan of Lesnar (he'll be a shit coach) and Dos Santos has rather basic English! I'd much rather seen Lesnar Vs Mir, makes no sense to me why, if Lesnar was prepared to be a coach, that Mir wouldnt be included (who stated tht he wanted to be a coach again)! Plus isnt it just welterweights this season?

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    After months of speculation and more than a dozen rumored names, UFC president Dana White today announced heavyweight contenders Brock Lesnar and Junior Dos Santos will be coaches on the upcoming 13th season of "The Ultimate Fighter. http://mmajunkie.com/news/22057/broc...13-coaches.mma

Woooow, never saw that one coming! So the rumors about Brock Lesnar were false. I'm actually stoked for this upcoming season

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

Who cares about TUF? How about Lesnar vs Dos Santos in June?!?! Brock better learn how to take a punch or this will not end well for him.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

lol HW is such a goofass division

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    lol HW is such a goofass division
    Do you actually watch MMA?

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

im pretty excited for this tuf season. the talent is going to be lacking as usual but im curious to see who brock brings in and if he's changing up his training camp.

also, i bet brock will learn alot and make some good progress as a fighter being a coach.

war brock!

kiefynugs
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Do you actually watch MMA?
    lol do you disagree? One of these HWs has more hype than half of any other division, with less skill.

It's also a very shallow division. Which means they can put the guy that just lost a title fight by tko into a top contender matchup with its own TV series and nobody will bat an eye.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

brocks gonna get smashed again, lol

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

or is he?

Riot
    Riot's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is all about ratings lol.

I think a sneaky bet for this would be Dos Santos Vis Submission. I see a dazed Lesnar going for a desperate takedown and ending up in a guillotine or Triangle.

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    This is all about ratings lol.
    Bang on.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Didn't see this coming! I guess it was one of the only options in the HW divison. The only HW without a fight is Carwin. Obviously Dos Santos gets a title shot if he wins, but what if Brock wins? I like this fight but I don't like them as the coaches. I would have much rather seen Faber vs Cruz as the coaches.

zeroprogress2
    zeroprogress2's Avatar Become A Pro!

carwin and brock as coaches leading to a rematch would be cool and make sense since they are both coming off losses

MRDOG
    MRDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I stopped watchin TUF after the first couple seasons.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

if dos santos can't get past brock, he really has no business fighting cain anyway.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by MRDOG View Post
    I stopped watchin TUF after the first couple seasons.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Varker View Post
    if dos santos can't get past brock, he really has no business fighting cain anyway.
    Is it a stretch of the imagination for you to believe that a fighter could lose to brock but beat cain?

Lincoln73
    Lincoln73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Hopefully Brock doesn't teach his fighters his time tested strategy of running around the cage like a bitch with two hands covering your head the first time you get hit.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

GSP last season and now Lesnar this season. TUF will have had the 2 biggest UFC PPV draws doing the show, and sadly neither of these season will do as well as the Kimbo Slice season did

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    lol do you disagree? One of these HWs has more hype than half of any other division, with less skill.

It's also a very shallow division. Which means they can put the guy that just lost a title fight by tko into a top contender matchup with its own TV series and nobody will bat an eye.
    your not allowed to talk bad about ufc here. These guys think they are on dana's payroll. Anybody has anything bad to say about ufc, these guys get pissed.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

You can talk as much shit about the UFC as you like on here, we just prefer that there is some logic behind it, unfortunately it would appear that you were at the back of the queue Tracey when God was handing logic out though.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

This is all about ratings people, People will watch Lesnar, like it or not.

I dont see how people bash him so bad, he lost 1 fight to the best HW in the world & you guys act like he is useless, I remember when everyone said how great Mir was till he took him out.

Anyhow, I'll watch him

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

This should be interesting... I'll watch as it will be interesting which roll Lesnar plays. Will he keep his new humbled roll or will he revert back to the enemy to pump up his fight in June?

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Tuf sucks but Lesnar will get huge ratings. Dos santos is overrated. Brock could take him down 3 times and win this fight.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Lesnar being a coach is purely about entertainment and dollars but that is nothing new for the UFC. It was funny listening to dana get pissed at helwani when he asked about lesnar being such a green coach. What is lesnar going to teach, his power doubleleg?

He is going to learn more from this process than the WW, that much is sure. I had no faith in brock with the coaching he had up until the cain fight, so unless he has joined a real camp I don't have any faith he or his WWs will improv as much as they could unless brock had a change of attitude after cain beat him down.

But, of course, I am going to watch, you are going to watch and UFC is going to have its biggest season of TUF ever.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

A reality television show that is centred around ratings? Say it ain't so, boys.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    You can talk as much shit about the UFC as you like on here, we just prefer that there is some logic behind it, unfortunately it would appear that you were at the back of the queue Tracey when God was handing logic out though.
    Don't need logic to like one organization over another. Just a matter of opinion.

syn^
    syn^'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

TUF is always lopsided as far as quality of coaches anyway. One team is always learning way more then the other.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I look forward to the seeing the coaches JDS brings in.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a terrible idea for coaches, but if Dos Santos wants to fight it makes the most sense. Lesnar still has to be considered the #2 contender at this point. I guess the timing worked out and Dana knew Lesnar would make the money poor in. I don't think the coach selection this season really has anything to do with getting the TUF fighters good training. In the past most coaches have been chosen for entertainment purposes. If the two fighters have problems with each other or one of the fighters is just entertaining to watch.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    This is a terrible idea for coaches, but if Dos Santos wants to fight it makes the most sense. Lesnar still has to be considered the #2 contender at this point. I guess the timing worked out and Dana knew Lesnar would make the money poor in. I don't think the coach selection this season really has anything to do with getting the TUF fighters good training. In the past most coaches have been chosen for entertainment purposes. If the two fighters have problems with each other or one of the fighters is just entertaining to watch.

honestly Lesnar is a decent dude and has a great staff so I would love to be on his team. I'd say he doesn't deserve the coaching spot, but HW is just so tiny. They need to bolster this division as much as they can with new talent and tuf is the best way to give that new talent some name recognition.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by syn^ View Post
    TUF is always lopsided as far as quality of coaches anyway. One team is always learning way more then the other.
    Yep. I don't know what the issue is. It is like everybody forgot that we just had a season with Josh K as the coach. Plus in the past they have had Rampage, Ken Shamrock etc etc etc

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

JDS opened as a favorite at -160, what do you guys think? is there value on JDS? (or lesnar?)

12 Last