Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

How does live betting work? Not familiar with it at all.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Live MMA betting is a whole new animal as far as I know. Live betting on other sports gives you betting windows (one would assume that in MMA naturally these betting windows would be in between rounds) in which you can bet on props and adjusted money lines on the players/teams.

So here is what I would expect, after a first round in which Guida dominated Gomi with his wrestling (something I hope doesn't happen), live betting would allow you to bet on an adjusted Guida -250 line or an adjusted Gomi +190 line or maybe a prop or two; such as: fight ends in second round yes +200 no -270. Maybe throw in betting lines by submission, decision, or knockout. and all of these lines adjust according to the live action.

So if Gomi comes out like a house on fire in the second, his line would adjust to lets say +110 in between rounds 2 and 3. If Guida continues to dominate, the lines would change drastically to like +330 for Gomi -500 for Guida. Since all signs seem to be pointing towards Guida by decision.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 12-16-10 at 01:23 AM.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Live MMA betting is a whole new animal as far as I know. Live betting on other sports gives you betting windows (one would assume that in MMA naturally these betting windows would be in between rounds) in which you can bet on props and adjusted money lines on the players/teams.

So here is what I would expect, after a first round in which Guida dominated Gomi with his wrestling (something I hope doesn't happen), live betting would allow you to bet on an adjusted Guida -250 line or an adjusted Gomi +190 line or maybe a prop or two; such as: fight ends in second round yes +200 no -270. Maybe throw in betting lines by submission, decision, or knockout. and all of these lines adjust according to the live action.

So if Gomi comes out like a house on fire in the second, his line would adjust to lets say +110 in between rounds 2 and 3. If Guida continues to dominate, the lines would change drastically to like +330 for Gomi -500 for Guida. Since all signs seem to be pointing towards Guida by decision.
    Ok, I think I've had some experience with this before. There used to be a site called tradesports.com that did something really close to what you just described.

thanks for the 411

Poppa Catfish

no prob

it is a great way to bet favorites imo, I do it all the time in football and basketball. Team starts off slow and people panic and drive the line, allowing me to take the favorite that I wanted at a ridiculously low line. Just think about a fight like Cain vs Brock, if the books didn't catch on to how gas'd Cain was, you could have made off like a bandit

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

i think you're talking about Carwin there, but yeah. That would've been a great live betting opportunity.

Poppa Catfish

Yeah, oops. Way too distracted, but thats exactly what I'm talking about.

Ca(RW)in

r0gu3status
    r0gu3status's Avatar Become A Pro!

well for tomorrow i made plays on henderson (3x), cruz fight going over 4.5 (3x), horodecki-cerrone under 2.5(x1) have a feeling horodecki might get ko'd

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

i went with henderson, jorgenson, horodecki ( think it ridiculous cowboy is -400 to -500) and menjivar

F42294
    F42294's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

I'm pissed at the WEC. I went to a UFC fight at MGM some time ago and though I had good seats (2nd price level) I watched most fights via the large screens placed around the arena because I was too far away to see the action without the TVs. So when I heard WEC was gonna be in Arizona I got floor seats, row 9. Thought I did pretty good, but went to ticketmaster today just to see what kind of seats were still available and they have 2nd row floor for the same price as my 9th row floor. WTF!!!

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by F42294 View Post
    I'm pissed at the WEC. I went to a UFC fight at MGM some time ago and though I had good seats (2nd price level) I watched most fights via the large screens placed around the arena because I was too far away to see the action without the TVs. So when I heard WEC was gonna be in Arizona I got floor seats, row 9. Thought I did pretty good, but went to ticketmaster today just to see what kind of seats were still available and they have 2nd row floor for the same price as my 9th row floor. WTF!!!

lol sorry to hear about that man. I guess there's a reason for the merger...

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by F42294 View Post

i feel you pain bud.... im from toronto so its very rare i get to see a mma live... 2 instances i have gone 1- the strikforce show in st.louis seilds vs lawler.... i bought the highest price level, couldent see shit

2- fedor vs rogers in chicago, bought literally the cheapest seats and could see EVERYTHING, great view etc.. the sears center was a great venue and to top it of fedor knocking rogers out cold was a delight....

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

im going with cruz -220 tonight, his striking and wrestling are gonna be too much for jorgensen to handle

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

winner of Henderson/Pettis get to face the winner of Maynard/Edgar, but does the winner of Cruz/Jorgensen win a UFC belt tonight. The next TUF season might be tonights winner vs Faber So i'm curious to see if there will be a champ or will Cruz/Jorgensen Vs Faber be for a vaccant UFC Bantamweight title

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    winner of Henderson/Pettis get to face the winner of Maynard/Edgar, but does the winner of Cruz/Jorgensen win a UFC belt tonight. The next TUF season might be tonights winner vs Faber So i'm curious to see if there will be a champ or will Cruz/Jorgensen Vs Faber be for a vaccant UFC Bantamweight title
    I definitely think they will crown the winner tonight with the belt. They gave Aldo his belt already, so I think they will do the same here. It would be interesting though to see if they will maybe vacate it to have a chance at their posterboy Faber to be the first UFC Bantamweight champ.

Eccocide

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Bookmaker has listed "live in-progress betting" on the 4 main card fights. Interesting; I've never seen this before. I assume they will throw lines up in between rounds.
    5Dimes has this as well!!!!

Poppa Catfish

Kamikaze living up to his nick name

Eccocide

Kamikaze living up to his nick name
    LOL. Well I had Barao for the first leg of a parlay so thats good. However I had a flyer on Zhang fastest sub. Hes gunna have to be EXTRA quick now....Hopefully Barao gets some recognition now.

Poppa Catfish

Hoping Alcantara tops Barao with a faster sub and Zhang comes over the top with an even faster sub. A mini competition if you will

Poppa Catfish

Not a sub, I am disappointed

Ok Zhang that was 2 minutes and change, now beat that!

Eccocide

Alacantara cashes!!! . I had a feeling Lamas would try to stand, and I knew it would end well if he decided to lol.

Eccocide

Well this poses a problem. Now my flyer of fastest KO for Wineland is gunna be doomed .

Poppa Catfish

haha

Thank god for Cruz otherwise this might be a 10 minute event

Eccocide

I hope the main card fights end early so I can see some of these beauties. Cruz may take up half the broadcast though.

Poppa Catfish

They should air the event in its entirety, imo.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

lamas was to alcantara what worms are to a fisherman....

nice doggie hit !...

Poppa Catfish

yeah an excellent start to the night

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    5Dimes has this as well!!!!
    Nice, good to see 5dimes coming in with this also.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

Scott Jorgensen will win today I have a small chunk of cash on him beating cruz and becoming the new champion.Henderson will also win.

Eccocide

Castillo TCBs, quick and tidy. Wow, this could be a record for shortest combined fight time for an undercard!!!

Poppa Catfish

Oh man Ecco your boy has to really step it up now

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I'm considering a play on Pettis. Even though I think Henderson has the edge Pettis is an exciting, dynamic fighter and it would be an incredibly exciting if Pettis pulls off the upset in the spectacular fashion he is capable of.

Eccocide

Haha. It aint happening now! But I need to him win at least because he's the last leg of my parlay!

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    I'm considering a play on Pettis. Even though I think Henderson has the edge Pettis is an exciting, dynamic fighter and it would be an incredibly exciting if Pettis pulls off the upset in the spectacular fashion he is capable of.
    So in that line of thinking go with Pettis to win inside distance. Which I think is pretty smart given that they are fighting in Glendale Arizona, Bendo's home town. Not that I would expect Pettis to win a decision anyways

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

What the **** happened to Cerrone's line? I just got back from town and the only numbers out there are -400 and -525. Did Horodecki sever a thumb or something?

Well, I got pooched on the prelims one last time. I was into Alacantara for sure but was also into Cariaso depending, so who knows? Might have gone with some of these somewhat tasty looking dogs like Stone or Menjivar, so if they fall on their face I should feel better about myself.

What I did get were some great numbers on the mains. Also pulled the trigger on Maynard before the line hits rough water.

2u Anthony Pettis +170
    1u Scott Jorgensen +200

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

So in that line of thinking go with Pettis to win inside distance. Which I think is pretty smart given that they are fighting in Glendale Arizona, Bendo's home town. Not that I would expect Pettis to win a decision anyways
    Yeah Pettis by TKO is the play if you like Pettis. Pettis will probably gas if it goes into the championship rounds.

First 123456 ... Last