Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Carwin is a great fighter but nearly got knocked out by Gonzaga. I wonder how he will hold up to a Brock Lesnar punch. This fight can't come quick enough. Looks like Cain will get the winner.

SweatySombrero
    SweatySombrero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

No ones tested Carwin the way Lesnar is going too. You can also say the same thing for Lesnar though. Lesnar hasn't been finishing his opponents very fast. Decision with Heath Herring who isn't that great a fighter, 2 round TKO to Randy Couture (a guy who is 70lbs lighter than Lesnar) and a 2 round TKO to Franfk Mir. Also Ffrank Mir almost KO'd Lesnar and was only half the fighter he was when he fought Carwin. Couture had a successful takedown in the Lesnar fight. Lesnar has proven not to have much finishing power. As far as cardio goes, I think Carwin will have better cardio, due to Lesnar's illness. KO power and striking advantage goes to Carwin also. Lesnar will have a small speed advantage in the start. Even as a grappling match, Carwin is strong and the fight starts standing. If Lesnar comes out like he has in the past and doesn't finish fast, I think Carwin will have plenty of opportunities to take him out. Lesnar not only needs to use his wrestling immediately, but do enough damage to stop the fight.

o yeah. all the time

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I can't wait for this fight!!!

as99
    as99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2252

I think Brock wins this match...... and should be a much heavier favorite. Shane Carwin's take downs have been atrocious and he is too slow. Brock is fast. Brock will take Carwin to the ground easily, from there Carwin gasses if he manages to survive.

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by SweatySombrero View Post
    Also Ffrank Mir almost KO'd Lesnar and was only half the fighter he was when he fought Carwin.
    I agree with some of things you said but Mir never got close to finishing Lesnar. The flying knee hit Lesnar but had no effect on him. Carwin has really only beaten Mir and Gonzaga as his two best victories. Lesnar has beaten Coutore, Mir, Hulk Hogan, and The Undertaker.
    Points Awarded:

The HOFF gave Sledge187 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hounds gave Sledge187 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The HOFF

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Lesnar has beaten Coutore, Mir, Hulk Hogan, and The Undertaker.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

This is a straight up 50/50 match.

When lesnar closes the distance, Carwin will have the chance to KO him, particularly if he can land a few uppercuts while Lesnar is trying to hold him.

If lesnar gets the take down I think he controls Carwin and beats the crap out of him.

Both are just as likely IMO.

Small play on Carwin for value i think.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

brock is over his head on this one.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vrakas View Post
    brock is over his head on this one.
    i could say the same thing about carwin being over his head here ....

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

carWIN LOSEnar

I'm like Kimbo Slice making connections with words.

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

can't wait for this fight!!

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    This is a straight up 50/50 match.

When lesnar closes the distance, Carwin will have the chance to KO him, particularly if he can land a few uppercuts while Lesnar is trying to hold him.

If lesnar gets the take down I think he controls Carwin and beats the crap out of him.

Both are just as likely IMO.

Small play on Carwin for value i think.
    Keep in mind Carwin is an all American wrestler. This dude will not be easy to take down. It is so funny how this fight is getting all this attention and nobody is paying attention to the Fedor fight. I love Fedor but he is wasting away in Strikeforce.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Im only concerned with Brocks state of health andor recovery, how he fairs after this surgery he had. Either way its gonna way something cool to watch

need4speed
    need4speed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

5 rounds are alot for guys that will walk into the ring near the 280-300lbs mark. The illness and layoff may be too much to overcome for Lesner. I think he will regret not getting a tune up before he fights the "Manimal", Shane Carwin. I think the line will push up even more for shane closer to the fight as the public love themselves some Lesner!

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
    5 rounds are alot for guys that will walk into the ring near the 280-300lbs mark. The illness and layoff may be too much to overcome for Lesner. I think he will regret not getting a tune up before he fights the "Manimal", Shane Carwin. I think the line will push up even more for shane closer to the fight as the public love themselves some Lesner!
    Yea, heavyweight title bouts really take a toll late into the rounds. Good thing Carwin won't let this get passed the second round.

Fred Showpan
    Fred Showpan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Lesner for the easy KO

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

i think the fight is 50/50 too, and when something is 50/50 i got for the extra money, so i'm waking carwin.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Keep in mind Carwin is an all American wrestler. This dude will not be easy to take down. It is so funny how this fight is getting all this attention and nobody is paying attention to the Fedor fight. I love Fedor but he is wasting away in Strikeforce.
    both good points. thats why i can see lesnar catching brock on his way in.

fedor is definately wasted in strikeforce and im not that interested in the figh, because i think werdum is done.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

dos santos knocked out werdum in vicious fashion. fedor will probably end the fight against werdum the same way.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Keep in mind Carwin is an all American wrestler. This dude will not be easy to take down.
    Big difference between DI and DII wrestling. I don't think anyone can stop a Lesnar takedown.

westerner
    westerner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brock is superior technically in every single facet and is a different level of athlete... Carwin's power is probably head and shoulders above anyone else's in the division so he has one HELL of a punchers chance which makes it interesting, but the most underrated thing about Brock is his smarts both in training learning new techniques and in fights feeling the action and making changes on the fly. Brock is a supremely motivated and focused athlete, moreso than Carwin and he should take this by 3rd round TKO after grinding away on Shane on the ground for 3 rounds finishing him late in the 3rd (yes I know its a 5 rounder but Carwin will gas being on his back so much by then).

westerner

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Big difference between DI and DII wrestling. I don't think anyone can stop a Lesnar takedown.
    Cain, Cormier and Lawal all could I'm sure of it. Cain is faster and a more well rounded and sharp fighter than Brock is and he trains with Cormier who is an Olympian and beat Lawal @ 96kg, and Lawal is a former top 2 p4p wrestler on the top level from 04/05-08 in which he won numerous tourneys. Brock has great takedowns and good wrestling in other areas but his real asset is his head, being able to learn so many techniques and put together what he does in the gym in a fight efficiently and timely. Thats extremely hard to do, you couple that with his size speed and agility and he is a rare breed. Also he is getting old though so there is an expiration date looming.

westerner

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    dos santos knocked out werdum in vicious fashion. fedor will probably end the fight against werdum the same way.
    Werdum's stand up has gotten way better, JDS moves better and has better boxing technique than Fedor. Fedor has probably the best punching @ HW but he moves terribly. Also, Werdum has been training with Babalu who's fought him before and knows his game.

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    I did not realize Carwin was in a different division. I always assumed they were D1. Great point. Carwin has brutal punching power but so does Brock. This fight can't get here soon enough. Hopefully the US wins tomorrow so that on the 3rd of July we can have the US play during the day and the UFC main event that night.

Not to get ahead of ourselves but if Brock wins will the Brock vs Cain be the biggest heavyweight fight in UFC history? Do enough casual MMA fans know who Cain is to make this a mega fight?

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

i dont think either one of them can take a good punch from the other.

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

shane carwin for the win!

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

I have to agree that Lesnar is the better athlete in this fight, but then again Mir was clearly the better technical fighter in his match-up with Carwin and that never even played a factor. So Carwin could easily flash-KO Lesnar, granted I'm not sure that can actually be done since Lesnar has yet to really take a punch, I just think the odds are accurate at this point. My money is on Lesnar at -155 but I wouldn't be shocked to see Carwin win this one. Lesnar has been out for a while and that has to take its toll one way or another.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Lesnar looks like a good bet at -150. Too much stock is being put into Shane's KO power and 1st rd wins and Lesnar's wrestling ability is being overlooked b/c people think Shane will nullify it. Brock's size, speed, and movement will win him this fight. Shane is awesome... but I think he finally meets his match here w/ or w/out a layoff. I don't think we'll see Brock at -150 again until the tail-end of his career. Get on it boyz.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

seems many people are pumped for this fight. Rampage/Evans showed that one big main event alone can bring in big PPV numbers. We'll see if Crawin/Lesnar can beat that PPV wich went over 1 million buys
    http://www.watchkalibrun.com/2010/6/...14-surpasses-1

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I tend to agree with the most recent posts from sirchadwick and fiasco... Pretty spot on imo.

If Carwin can somehow get Brock up against the cage for some dirty boxing, or engage in stand up, he has a chance. But in all likelihood, I'm thinking Brock for the TD and finish at some point. I think Carwin's wrestling credentials are being overvalued. As such, I'd suggest there is value in -150.

As I've mentioned before, the only thing that might keep me off a Lesnar play is layoff / health concerns, but all reports are that he's fully recovered... but ya never know.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Line down to -137 at Pinny and -140 at 5dimes....wasnt going to touch this fight but if it goes down any further I may have to make Lesnar a play unless I hear of a legitimate reason for the line drop.

Jakesteen
    Jakesteen's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've never seen Carwin have to defend against someone bigger than him giving him the ground & pound that Lesnar is capable of dishing out.
    If Carwin can square him up he can KO Lesnar but I think Brock will utilize his wrestling and ground and pound.

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

I've got Lesnar on a 3 play parlay, together adding up to +695. The other two plays already came through, let's hope Lesnar does too

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

i was really lookin to the wanderlei gight

Bigpete2010
    Bigpete2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats what im talkin about

First 1234 Last