Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
    Almost all the chalk won tonight.
    Yeah only a few upsets and they were small upsets.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Slight profit here as well.. Started off strong with this event, missed the props in the main down the stretch. Holloway and Cyborg ITD props misses and stung me. Should have played the straights at - odds and I really would have won this event..

I got cute with the props and missed tonight at +odds in the last few fights.. NEXT... All good.. Happy not to lose I guess. .. I'll take the small win and move on...
    Basically same here. Picked most of the fights correctly (10/11) but missed on a good amount of props. Made a small 1.5u profit so nothing to complain about but could have been a better result.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by nyrider88 View Post
    no, scored a small profit despite lost on this dwarf. max was taken down multiple times in his last fight and we all know thats his weak side. which edgar shouldve capitalized on that, but instead, gave this pathetic tds efforts.
    Not true at all. Holloway was taken down 1 time in 16 attempts from Poirier. That was in R4. In his long UFC career, Holloway has 84% Takedown Defense which is Excellent.

http://ufcstats.com/fighter-details/150ff4cc642270b9

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

ESPN MMA’s Ariel Helwani and Brett Okamoto break down all the action from UFC 240, where Max Holloway beat Frankie Edgar to defend his featherweight title and Cris Cyborg defeated Felicia Spencer by unanimous decision.

With UFC 240 in the books, MMA Fighting's Alexander Lee and Jose Youngs break down the top storylines.

UFC president Dana White reacts to UFC 240 with ESPN MMA’s Brett Okamoto, explaining why he was impressed by Frankie Edgar despite losing to Max Holloway in the main event. White also liked what he saw from (3:01) Felicia Spencer against Cris Cyborg, and mentions that Amanda Nunes is calling for the rematch vs. Cyborg. White also gives his thoughts on Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic, Conor McGregor, Jon Jones and Zuffa Boxing.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Last video^ High number of dislikes. Dana stirring shit up again

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Spencer fought tough for a +500 dog....otherwise only lost the + long shots....Liked my chances w both.....this leans back to my old bs.....good lean...no cash......quality card for me overall...…..hope you alllcashed it...
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Spencer +500
    Fig+100
    Niko +270
    Tsar-160
    Jotko -165
    Tucker-130

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spencer fought tough for a +500 dog....otherwise only lost the + long shots....Liked my chances w both.....this leans back to my old bs.....good lean...no cash......quality card for me overall...…..hope you alllcashed it...
    she actually did exactly what she needed to do for a victory but couldnt get it.. surprised me though she was super tough and hung in there... +500 bet that was definitely solid

PaperTrail07

Agree.....She just couldn't land that TD>….If she got it, things might have went her way.....she tough and has a lot of heart....I also think Cyborg is on Juice....It was wild how she gassed then got a second ind in the 3rd....I respect her,not saying it got her the W....but guessing Juice for sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    she actually did exactly what she needed to do for a victory but couldnt get it.. surprised me though she was super tough and hung in there... +500 bet that was definitely solid

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Rogan was horrendous last night. "Bro, Cyborg is going to gas". "Bro, Max is using his massive reach advantage." (He and Edgar have an almost identical reach)
    Rogan was lost and off his game for sure last night.. I still like his youtube podcasts though.. He brings on solid guests and keeps it real..

As far a commentating live UFC events he has some work to do.. Maybe he was nervous, I think it's been a while since he last did live events...

He was all over the place last night.. lol. Calling 3 round fights 5 round fights, etc..

Not his finest momenet.. ..
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Agree.....She just couldn't land that TD>….If she got it, things might have went her way.....she tough and has a lot of heart....I also think Cyborg is on Juice....It was wild how she gassed then got a second ind in the 3rd....I respect her,not saying it got her the W....but guessing Juice for sure...
    She showed some toughness but no one takes down Cyborg. Spencer got her ass beat but did hang in there for all three rounds.

Hugo de Naranja

Rogan was lost and off his game for sure last night.. I still like his youtube podcasts though.. He brings on solid guests and keeps it real..

As far a commentating live UFC events he has some work to do.. Maybe he was nervous, I think it's been a while since he last did live events...

He was all over the place last night.. lol. Calling 3 round fights 5 round fights, etc..

Not his finest momenet.. ..
    Yeah I've never been a huge fan of him as a commentator (I much prefer Jimmy Smith) but this was the worst that I've seen Rogan.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Basically same here. Picked most of the fights correctly (10/11) but missed on a good amount of props. Made a small 1.5u profit so nothing to complain about but could have been a better result.
    That's the risk you take playing the props. Still one good + odd prop hit is worth it when consider you have to lay alot of chalk on the straights at - odds playing the favorites.. One good prop hit early on and it's usually gravy the rest of the way on the card.

I'll always play the props at +odds as you do. They work out most of the time with these events over time..
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

That's the risk you take playing the props. Still one good + odd prop hit is worth it when consider you have to lay alot of chalk on the straights at - odds playing the favorites.. One good prop hit early on and it's usually gravy the rest of the way on the card.

I'll always play the props at +odds as you do. They work out most of the time with these events over time..
    Exactly!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm still trying to hit these multi team prop parlays with each event!!!

I hit one of these a few events ago that was VERY nice..

I try to play a couple $3, $5, $10 and $20 prop parlays with every event now. Only a matter of time before one hits big...

This is how I structure and bet size the prop parlays - $3 parlays are usually 6-10 teamers, $5 are usually 4-5 teamers, $10 and $20 prop parlays are usually 3 teamers for me..

Like this prop parlay below for example, this was a tiny $3 prop parlay I had last night.. I usually play for a bigger payout but this is what I played and lost for $3. Small price to pay if they hit. I just got to remember to keep playing them with every event, sometimes I get lazy. ..

$3.00 $2,139.87 Loss 6 Team Parlay
    Loss 7/27/19 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1041 Holloway wins by TKO/KO +140* vs Any other result
    Loss 7/27/19 11:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1105 Spencer wins inside distance +450* vs Not Spencer inside distance
    Win 7/27/19 11:00pm MMA Props Fighting 1209 Neal wins inside distance -170* vs Not Neal inside distance
    Win 7/27/19 10:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1311 Tsarukyan wins by 3 round decision +105* vs Not Tsarukyan by 3 round decision
    Loss 7/27/19 10:00pm MMA Props Fighting 1429 Barriault wins by TKO/KO +500* vs Any other result
    Win 7/27/19 9:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1511 Araujo wins by 3 round decision +177* vs Not Araujo by 3 round decision

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Bizarre.

Was I the only one who thought Joe Rogan's commentary was much better than normal last night?

I thought he was doing really good. Then all this hate outta nowhere.

Hugo de Naranja

With the exception of the one card for Marc-Andre Barriault, Canadian judges were more on point than usual with this card.

nyrider88
    nyrider88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

Not true at all. Holloway was taken down 1 time in 16 attempts from Poirier. That was in R4. In his long UFC career, Holloway has 84% Takedown Defense which is Excellent.

http://ufcstats.com/fighter-details/150ff4cc642270b9

wrong. max was taken down 1 of 8 last fight, 1 of 3 the first time they met and got submitted there.

nyrider88

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Bizarre.

Was I the only one who thought Joe Rogan's commentary was much better than normal last night?

i like joe as commentator and thought was normal for this event. anyone notice joe and cruz often have different points of veiw and would go at it eachother.

PaperTrail07

hard to blame him for thinking cyborg was in a title fight.....its all she's done.....but it kinda pissed me off not gonna lie lol.
    i like joe as commentator and thought was normal for this event. anyone notice joe and cruz often have different points of veiw and would go at it eachother.

Hugo de Naranja

hard to blame him for thinking cyborg was in a title fight.....its all she's done.....but it kinda pissed me off not gonna lie lol.
    Must have been her first three rounder in ages.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Bizarre.

It is safe to say u are basically on the wrong side of everything but it is okay Insanity my good buddy.

Thor4140

no, scored a small profit despite lost on this dwarf. max was taken down multiple times in his last fight and we all know thats his weak side. which edgar shouldve capitalized on that, but instead, gave this pathetic tds efforts.
    He was. I must have missed it. Heck he was almost out on his feet a few times and i don’t even remember him being taken down then

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    It is safe to say u are basically on the wrong side of everything but it is okay Insanity my good buddy.
    Lies from your heart are still lies.

Perhaps someday you will open your eyes.

nyrider88

He was. I must have missed it. Heck he was almost out on his feet a few times and i don’t even remember him being taken down then
    actually one td and got rocked 1-2 times..cant remember, but was a close fight and couldve gone either way. just disappointed at frankies performance. knew was his last chance at the belt, knew hes a point fighter going in, so never expecting to ko or finish max. thought he was gonna implement a td tactic ... but no, fought the same boring fight like before.

Thor4140

actually one td and got rocked 1-2 times..cant remember, but was a close fight and couldve gone either way. just disappointed at frankies performance. knew was his last chance at the belt, knew hes a point fighter going in, so never expecting to ko or finish max. thought he was gonna implement a td tactic ... but no, fought the same boring fight like before.
    Makes you wonder how shot Mendes chin is.

nyrider88

he was mike tyson of FW til aldo cracked his chin and still remains broken.

Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

he was mike tyson of FW til aldo cracked his chin and still remains broken.
    In hindsight, Mendes probably came back too soon after getting TKOd by McGregor. The punch from Frankie that floored him didn't even look all that and I remember being surprised that Frankie's left hand could hurt him when even a fully loaded right hand from Frankie isn't usually enough to drop anyone.

No doubt Chad took a lot of damage from Aldo and then getting KOd by Conor and coming back too soon robbed us of what could have been a great fight against Frankie if it had gone on a little longer. I was really looking forward to seeing whose wrestling would be superior.

Now Chad's retired and Frankie must be giving some serious thought to following his example as he's very unlikely to get another title shot unless Max vacates and moves permanently to 155.

nyrider88

chad has a better chance of beating max than frankie. a risk taker vs point fighter. mendes's early retirement is courtesy of mcgregor.

Hugo de Naranja

UFC 240: Holloway vs. Edgar Picks:
    Erik Koch Round 1 Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)
    Gillian Robertson Round 2 Submission (Armbar)
    Deiveson Figueiredo Round 2 TKO (Punches)
    Seung Woo Choi Round 1 TKO (Punches)
    Hakeem Dawodu Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
    Viviane Araujo Round 3 TKO (Punches)
    Krzysztof Jotko Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Arman Tsarukyan Unanimous Decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)
    Geoff Neal Round 1 TKO (Punches)
    Cris Cyborg Round 1 TKO (Punches)
    Max Holloway Round 3 TKO (Punches)

Hugo de Naranja

UFC 240: Holloway vs. Edgar

Fight Pass Early Prelims:

Fight #1: Koch vs. Stewart
    Koch Submission (+502) -0.25u

Result: Erik Koch Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28 x2)
    Fight: -0.25u
    Card: -0.25u

Fight #2: Robertson vs. Frota
    Parlays

Result: Gillian Robertson Round 2 TKO (Elbows)

ESPN Prelims:

Fight #3: Figueiredo vs. Pantoja
    Figueiredo+Pantoja Won’t Go Distance (+150) -1u
    Figueiredo ITD (+339) -0.5u

Result: Deiveson Figueiredo Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
    Fight: -1.5u
    Card: -1.75u

Fight #4: S. Choi vs. Tucker
    No Bet

Result: Gavin Tucker Round 3 Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)

Fight #5: Dawodu vs. Horie (DEBUT)
    Dawodu Decision (+186) -1u

Result: Hakeem Dawodu Round 3 TKO (Head Kick)
    Fight: -1u
    Card: -2.75u

Fight #6: Araujo vs. A. Davis
    Araujo (-140) +2u
    Araujo+A. Davis Won’t Go Distance (+165) -1u
    Araujo Round 3 (+1025) -0.25u

Result: Viviane Araujo Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Fight: +0.75u
    Card: -2u

Main Card:

Fight #7: Jotko vs. Barriault
    No Bet

Added Hedge:
    Barriault KO/TKO (+500) -0.25u

Result: Krzysztof Jotko Split Decision (29-28 x2, 28-29)
    Fight: -0.25u
    Card: -2.25u

Fight #8: Tsarukyan vs. Aubin-Mercier
    Tsarukyan (-185) +1u

Hedge:
    Aubin-Mercier Submission (+1025) -0.75u

Added:
    Tsarukyan Round 3 (+1800) -0.25u

Result: Arman Tsarukyan Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Fight: +0u
    Card: -2.25u

Fight #9: Neal vs. Price
    Parlays

Hedge:
    Price ITD (+425) -0.75u

Added:
    Neal+Price Under 1.5 (-145) -2.9u

Added Hedge:
    Price Round 3 (+1575) -0.25u

Result: Geoff Neal Round 2 TKO (Punches)
    Fight: -3.9u
    Card: -6.15u

Fight #10: Cyborg vs. Spencer
    Parlays

Added:
    Cyborg+Spencer Won’t Start Round 2 (-130) -1.95u

Added Hedge:
    Spencer Round 1 (+850) -0.5u

Result: Cris Cyborg Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
    Fight: -2.45u
    Card: -8.6u

Fight #11: Holloway vs. Edgar
    Holloway Unanimous Decision (+345) +3.45u
    Holloway Round 3 (+675) -1u
    Holloway Round 4 (+1075) -0.25u
    Holloway Round 5 (+1675) -0.25u

Hedge:
    Edgar Decision (+550) -0.75u

Added:
    Holloway -5.5 (-195) +1u
    Holloway ITD (+105) -1u
    Holloway Round 3 (+675) -0.25u
    Holloway Round 4 (+1050) -0.25u

Added Hedge:
    Edgar Round 1 (+1600) -0.25u

Result: Max Holloway Unanimous Decision (50-45, 49-46, 48-47)
    Fight: +0.45u
    Card: -8.15u

Straight Parlays:
    Tsarukyan/Cyborg (-150) +2u
    Araujo/Cyborg (+101) +0.5u
    Araujo/Neal/Cyborg (+152) +3.04u

Results: See Above
    Fights: +5.54u
    Card: -2.61u

Prop Parlays:
    Robertson+Frota WGD/Neal+Price WGD (+116) +1.74u

Tsarukyan Decision/Cyborg KO (+198) -0.51u

Fights: +1.23u
    Card: -1.38u

Live Betting:
    Holloway+Edgar Goes Distance (-145) +0.75u after R2
    Holloway+Edgar Goes Distance (-140) +1u after R1
    Price (+250) -0.5 after R1

Fights: +1.25u
    Card: -0.13u

Full Card Props:
    Over 6.5 Fights Go Distance (+366) +1.83u

Over 7.5 Fights Go Distance (+1125) -0.2u

FOTN: Figueiredo+Pantoja
    POTN: Neal, Dawodu
    Fastest Submission: Tucker R3 (3:17)
    Fastest KO: Neal R2 (2:39)
    Decisions: 7
    Fights: +1.63u
    Final Card Total = +1.5u

Multi-Event Parlays:
    None

Added:
    Cyborg -3.5/Covington (-117) 1.17u to win 1u
    Holloway -5.5/Covington (-113) 1.13u to win 1u

Fights: +0u, 2u of MEPs Carry Over to UFC on ESPN 5
    Multi-Event Parlays = +0u, 2u of MEPs Carry Over to UFC on ESPN 5

Baraldsson

Other than Volkanovski you'd have to say that Max has completely cleared out the featherweight division. Hard to see anyone beating him at 145 anytime soon except maybe the weight cut itself.

Ideally he'd move up to lightweight permanently (can't keep cutting that much weight forever) but I suppose it's hard to just give up the belt in fairness.

If he beats Volkanovski and moves up, who would you pit him against at 155?

I think we can rule out Khabib for the moment but I'd give Max little to no chance of beating him anyway.

Max vs either Ferguson or Gaethje would be just unreal, with definite fight-of-the-year potential.

I think most people would have Max beating Conor in a rematch (no way Conor takes this fight though, IMO).

I could see Max taking some damage against Cowboy but breaking him down in the later rounds, and possibly something similar if he fought Barboza.

Lots of interesting options at 155, few enough at 145. Surely he'll move up sooner rather than later?

Sanity Check

Volkanovski beat Chad Mendes on a night when Chad Mendes had only 1 round of cardio.

Then Volkanovski beat Jose Aldo on a night when Jose Aldo fought the worst he's ever fought in his entire career.

Volkanovski needs one more fight against someone like Korean Zombie before he fights Holloway for the belt imo. Volkanovski doesn't have a large enough following to make a big fight interesting to fans, most people don't know who he is.

Holloway probably won't move up to 155 until the weight cut forces him to do it(if that ever happens). Lightweight is such a stacked division they could match him against anyone in the top 10 or top 5 and it would be cool.

Baraldsson

Volkanovski needs one more fight against someone like Korean Zombie before he fights Holloway for the belt imo. Volkanovski doesn't have a large enough following to make a big fight interesting to fans, most people don't know who he is.
    Interesting. If the UFC booked Volkanovski vs Zombie, would you see Max defending against someone else in the meantime or waiting to face the winner?

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Baraldsson View Post
    Interesting. If the UFC booked Volkanovski vs Zombie, would you see Max defending against someone else in the meantime or waiting to face the winner?
    Max looked sharp when he fought Brian Ortega.

Against Dustin Poirier and Frankie Edgar, Max looked a lesser version of himself.

Maybe an indication he's getting bored and burned out on training, might be good to take time off.

Don't forget Zabit who is on something like a 15 fight win streak, who arguably had more impressive wins than Volkanovski. He could be more marketable for a fight with Holloway than Volkanovski is.

Thor4140

Max looked sharp when he fought Brian Ortega.

Against Dustin Poirier and Frankie Edgar, Max looked a lesser version of himself.

Maybe an indication he's getting bored and burned out on training, might be good to take time off.

Don't forget Zabit who is on something like a 15 fight win streak, who arguably had more impressive wins than Volkanovski. He could be more marketable for a fight with Holloway than Volkanovski is.
    Or maybe Frankie and Dustin are flat out better boxers than Ortega.

First ... 678910 Last