Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I don’t think Jones standup is better than Gus. His overall skill set is but stand up isnt unless u are counting spinning elbows and all that type of shit. I thought Jones won the first fight but it was nice to see him finally fight a guy who has all the advantages he has against smaller opponents. Who knows if Jones is telling the truth saying he was caught with a pin head of juice equivalent to a large Olympic size swimming pool. He got caught three times now and I’m willing to bet that his lack luster fight with OSP had something to do with him being off the juice. This fight to me is to dangerous to be taking a shot on Jones. Honestly i hope he wins cause the sport really needs him back but my cash will stay in my pocket.
    Why would you not count any limbs in the standup? Gus has better hands but Jones has better kicks, knees, and elbows. Jones has better footwork and cardio as well. In my opinion, he is the overall better standup fighter.

I also think Gus is an underrated grappler, both offensively and defensively but Jones is better there too. Jones is more dangerous with GnP, submissions, and guard passes and also holds edges in Takedowns Landed/15 minutes (2.13 vs. 1.76) and Takedown Defense (95% vs. 85%).

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

Bones , Cyborg and Latifi Parlay for me.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Why would you not count any limbs in the standup? Gus has better hands but Jones has better kicks, knees, and elbows. Jones has better footwork and cardio as well. In my opinion, he is the overall better standup fighter.

I also think Gus is an underrated grappler, both offensively and defensively but Jones is better there too. Jones is more dangerous with GnP, submissions, and guard passes and also holds edges in Takedowns Landed/15 minutes (2.13 vs. 1.76) and Takedown Defense (95% vs. 85%).
    U said he had better everything and now u say Gus has better hands. Maybe i should have said better hands. It is what i meant and by the way i talk about Jones juicing and how dangerous this could be to bet him but who the hell knows Gus was probably juicing too. I hope Gus doesn’t do that silly habit he has with running from a bad situation. That has to look awful with the judges.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    U said he had better everything and now u say Gus has better hands. Maybe i should have said better hands. It is what i meant and by the way i talk about Jones juicing and how dangerous this could be to bet him but who the hell knows Gus was probably juicing too. I hope Gus doesn’t do that silly habit he has with running from a bad situation. That has to look awful with the judges.
    Better standup + Better wrestling + Better submissions = Better Everything

Gus has one sub-aspect of one aspect of that equation.

I think you make a good point about Gus "running from a bad situation". People always talk about his great footwork but it mostly involves just jogging away from a slower opponent.

Hugo de Naranja

I like that parlay Pinoy.
    Points Awarded:

Pinoy-T-X gave Hugo de Naranja 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

What are people's thoughts on the co-main event? Is Nunes live here?

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Depends on how good Nunes is in comparison to Holly Holm and whether Cyborg has improved since then training with Valentina Shevchenko.

Also depends on how hard Cyborg trained for that Holly Holm fight.

It is possible she didn't prepare 100% thinking Holm isn't that dangerous.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 12-18-18 at 02:25 AM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

What are your thoughts on this card BJ?
    I think Jones and Cyborg should be my focal point for this card. I dont put too much weight on dope allegations or ring rust, i think Jones just is a little better everywhere and has enough motivation to put in the work.

Cyborg is the overall better fighter than Nunes, although Holm made her nose a bit bloody in the first round in their fight, there is also an abundance of positive things to extract from that fight. Everything from handspeed, footwork, power, striking defence and aggression.

That said, that doesnt mean i dont see risk with this double. Especially on the basis of x-factors like Cyborgs hasnt really faced anyone as good as Nunes, age, Jones ringrust, but overall, those two fighters also possess less risk in my opinion, rather than betting on Petr Yan is steamrolling Douglas silva de andrade, or Ilir latifi being active enough if he doesnt KO anderson, Chad mendes being as good as we think without more than 2 min of fight time last 3 years.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    Bones , Cyborg and Latifi Parlay for me.
    But when i think about it...Can Anderson NOT get knocked out...i doubt it. Maybe Latifi is worth a bet after all.

bjpenn85

Again, re-watching tape here, Latifi is so inactive, for part of the fight with tyson pedro he gets pressured and at times outstruck AGAINST TYSON PEDRO. That tells you how little development Latifi has done with his striking. The guy has shown next to none development. He can win a dec, but it might be razor close due to an insane amount of inactivity. Here there are no wrestling to lean on. Its almost better to go Latifi inside distance or 1.round, or just leave it imo.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Wow Is Carlos Condit really that far gone? +160 against a mediocre lightweight Chiesa moving up to welterweight....

bjpenn85

Regarding my GOAT parlay, its easy to forget, jones jones got an 6 inches reach advantage on gustaffson. Jon jones really is the definition of a freak athlete having arms like a person with marfan syndrome Just a freak athlete with another 8 inches in reach adding to his own height. Unfair.

A Norwegian professor found out that only taking steroids one time will increase muscle cells, forever. While a prolonged steroid abuse will leave an athlete perhaps worse off, as it would result in a lower steroid in bloodplasma day inn and day out, like J.Hendrick. If this is not the case with jon, he can cruise the rest of his career, also very unfair.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Nunes is so over rated... I can't stand her. I think she's a bad martial artist. Low fight iq abd gets lucky.

kcchiefs
    Go Chiefs
    kcchiefs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5070

Seems like a Favorite wins kind of event.

CasaBonita
    CasaBonita's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

I think nunez is def Life, its the first time Cyborg is gonna face a power puncher and Amanda might get lucky, hope i can get nunez by KO at some good odds for a small hail mary.

I think that fight ends ITD too
    You know what they say, it only takes one shot...

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by CasaBonita View Post
    I think nunez is def Life, its the first time Cyborg is gonna face a power puncher and Amanda might get lucky, hope i can get nunez by KO at some good odds for a small hail mary.

All i know is this is pretty good odds with Cyborg. If the normal cyborg turns up, the money is mine. Its level to this game, Nunes and Cyborg are not the same. Cyborg is a fighter without losses in her career except for her debut in the 1950s . She is the female jon jones. Look at her hands when she fights, you can from a technical aspect see that this is real striker which has had x amount of rounds and every punch is energy efficient. Most part of this fight will be contested on the feet. Which means that most part of this fight, amanda nunes will loose.

Its pretty simple imo.

To go for for amanda nunes is basically the same as betting gustaffson by KO.

Good luck with that.

Pinoy-T-X

The Cyborg / Nunez fight is not WMMA.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I think so....DOg...sure....but live....has the power to hurt another woman...like few have...

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

my thoughts too....Nunes probably has more skills as well if it goes deep...cyborg is just RAW....
    Quote Originally Posted by CasaBonita View Post

kcchiefs
    Go Chiefs

Cyborg is physically bigger and stronger.

Pinoy-T-X

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs View Post
    Cyborg is physically bigger and stronger.
    And has a bigger kielbasa.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Pinoy-T-X 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Wow Is Carlos Condit really that far gone? +160 against a mediocre lightweight Chiesa moving up to welterweight....
    Yes

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Nunes is so over rated... I can't stand her. I think she's a bad martial artist. Low fight iq abd gets lucky.
    How does she get lucky? Beat the shit out of Pennington, Rousey, and Tate.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    my thoughts too....Nunes probably has more skills as well if it goes deep...cyborg is just RAW....
    I disagree. Cyborg has a huge cardio advantage.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

2 nov. 2018

kcchiefs
    Go Chiefs

I disagree. Cyborg has a huge cardio advantage.
    I think the size and strength will play a role similar to Valentina and Joanna fight to a much lesser degree except Nunes will not have an unlimited tank to work with like Joanna. Obviously Cyborg will want to throw hands but may be smart to press Nunes against fence for a round or 2.

CasaBonita

Agree that Cyborg have more Cardio for sure, i just wonder how Nunez is gonna show up with the fact that shes gonna have extra 10 pounds... maybe the chuby little brazilian had massive power, maybe not...

I like Condit as a dog, i been beting agains him since the Lawler fight, but i like those odds with a Chiesa SUB hedge

Thor4140

I actually think Nunes has a chance but i see her fighting safe like against the Bullet where this could turn into a terrible boring fight. She needs to go right out there and show who is the boss but i doubt she has it in her. She fights Cyborg like she fought Rousey she has a chance. She fights her like the bullet she loses 49-46 al across the board

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs View Post
    I think the size and strength will play a role similar to Valentina and Joanna fight to a much lesser degree except Nunes will not have an unlimited tank to work with like Joanna. Obviously Cyborg will want to throw hands but may be smart to press Nunes against fence for a round or 2.
    Look like Cyborg is huge compared to Nunes but she had high heels on and Nunes look like she had flats.

Thor4140

I mention this in the Canelo thread. Canelo got 35 million for his last fight against Rocky what’s his name. Jones coming back after a long hiatus and probably a million buy paperview. What ya think he will get? Something is very wrong here. Pretty sure Jones opponent will give Jones a lot more problems than Canelo’s

KingHawkins
    KingHawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21284

Cyborg and Alex for me in the last two. And I hate to bet against Amanda, so will prob be $100 on Cyborg/Alex parlay, and then $250 straight on Alex. Going to wait til weigh-ins though to lay anything for real and I'll be watching to see how the action comes in and the associated line movement.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by KingHawkins View Post
    Cyborg and Alex for me in the last two. And I hate to bet against Amanda, so will prob be $100 on Cyborg/Alex parlay, and then $250 straight on Alex. Going to wait til weigh-ins though to lay anything for real and I'll be watching to see how the action comes in and the associated line movement.
    Why bet against Jones?

CasaBonita

Hugo whats your max bet pick for the card?

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by KingHawkins View Post
    If someone always looses a split dec, or a close fight, that reflects upon that fighter. In theory, a close fight against Jones, should equate to a victory over Cormier, but did gustaffson win against Cormier? He couldnt.

Does gustaffson hold any advantage over jones?

I cant see any.

KingHawkins
    KingHawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21284

I am just not in as awe of Jon Jones as everyone else seems to be. Long layoffs for both guys, possible steroid / other drug stuff going on with Jones over the past few years, I just feel like the value is on A.G. I do want to be patient though, wait until fight day to place my wagers (for once), and maybe only make small bets just to have a little action on the fight. No fights on this card jumping out to me as big bet opportunities, unfortunately.

First 12345 ... Last