Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

MMA Pros Pick

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Looks like they moved some stuff around for bout order. Price vs. Razak Alhassan on the Main Card now. Suarez vs. Esparza will headline the FX Prelims.

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-228?f1=...f2=darren-till

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I don't get the pickem odds in Woodley v Till?

If Till wins this then in the rematch pickem is justified. Now Woodley should be bigger favorite imo.

What's the thinking process here by the oddsmakers?
    The Till Hype Train is out of control. Dimes opened Woodley (-145) but a ton of action has come in on Till since then.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    The Till Hype Train is out of control. Dimes opened Woodley (-145) but a ton of action has come in on Till since then.
    Blame Woodley for saying Darren Till is a tougher fight than Colby Covington.

That's almost like an admission of defeat.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

stylistically till is a much harder fight then covington .. woodley just being real that has nothing to do with admission of defeat lol
    people get that mixed up if youre a champion/ ufc fighter you literally think you can beat anybody in the entire world 99% of the time... i guarantee you get conor mcgregor and he would 100% believe he could beat like brock lesnar a HW , these guys think differently
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    woodley just being real that has nothing to do with admission of defeat lol
    How would you know?

You don't even bet on fights.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Blame Woodley for saying Darren Till is a tougher fight than Colby Covington.

That's almost like an admission of defeat.

Till is objectively a tougher style matchup. Covington would try to out-wrestle Woodley something that is extremely tough to do with Woodley's 95% UFC Takedown Defense Rate.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Till is objectively a tougher style matchup. Covington would try to out-wrestle Woodley something that is extremely tough to do with Woodley's 95% UFC Takedown Defense Rate.
    Woodley is afraid to fight Colby Covington.

Woodley got mad after RDA took the interim fight with Colby saying RDA made a mistake. Woodley didn't want Colby anywhere near being in title contention. Then Woodley starting saying ridiculous bs like people in his hometown might kill Colby Covington even if Woodley didn't ask them to. Then Woodley started making comments about Colby Covington's sister. Woodley is way out of line on everything to do with Colby.

Im not going to break it down for anyone. But yeah Woodley saying Darren Till is a tougher fight is close to being an admission of defeat imo.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 09-01-18 at 09:12 PM.

firekillex

How would you know?

You don't even bet on fights.

yup only been betting ufc for 8+ years , trained for 10 years and watching ufc for 15 years

makes sense, most delusional poster on sbr get on your meds buddy ...
    woodley literally accepted the covington fight and was happy about it , covington backed out for a nasal injury the most pussy thing ive ever heard in my entire life, hes being honest saying till is a worse matchup because it is a worse matchup ... woodley has fight iq and studies the game , but no a professional champion is afraid and lying smh mate get a grip honestly

till is gigantic, a very good striker and has tons of momentum / belief
    covington does everything woodley does but worse other then cardio

covington has been bashing woodley for like a year, obviously woodleys going to get pissed off and say stuff back wtf do you think lol.... Till shows respect and Woodley shows respect back , its not a hard concept
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave firekillex 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

yup only been betting ufc for 8+ years , trained for 10 years and watching ufc for 15 years
    You always avoid making comments like... "Woodley will beat Darren Till".

You never say which fighter you expect will win this fight or that fight. You never post any type of intelligent or rational analysis or breakdown on anything.

You never post screen caps of your wins or losses.

For all intents and purposes, you 100% lack confidence in yourself and your knowledge of the game to ever say anything relevent.

firekillex

You always avoid making comments like... "Woodley will beat Darren Till".

You never say which fighter you expect will win this fight or that fight. You never post any type of intelligent or rational analysis or breakdown on anything.

You never post screen caps of your wins or losses.

For all intents and purposes, you 100% lack confidence in yourself and your knowledge of the game to ever say anything relevent.
    seriously please get on your meds , not here to argue goodluck in your delusional life mate I legitimately worry about your mental state its slightly concerning ... first i thought you were just a troll but its obvious at this point you actually think youre an intellectual which is baffling... again i wont respond again so save your alex jones conspiracy theory for yourself , and ill keep my mma bet slips to myself i have nothing to prove. GL

Sanity Check

i wont respond again so save your alex jones conspiracy theory
    Hey.

Remember when Alex Jones said allowing thousands of illegal immigrants into europe was a bad idea?

You and others who said Alex Jones was "crazy" and "racist" to make those remarks, did an excellent job proving Alex Jones wrong there!!!

Well no, you didn't.

You can pretend tho.

Back to your safe space before those mean facts hurt your feelings bruh.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 09-02-18 at 12:15 AM.

SmellMyFinger
    SmellMyFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3316

Hey.

Remember when Alex Jones said allowing thousands of illegal immigrants into europe was a bad idea?

You and others who said Alex Jones was "crazy" and "racist" to make those remarks, did an excellent job proving Alex Jones wrong there!!!

Well no, you didn't.

You can pretend tho.

Back to your safe space before those mean facts hurt your feelings bruh.
    sad to see you attempt to validate Jones as some fountain of good ideas by highlighting that thing he said, out of a sea of false, unfounded claims and sheer idiocy. it's discouraging to even pick your brain on other subjects to see you process like that

or i could be wrong and this could be just some trolling i failed to sense from my short time as a poster and long time as a lurker

anyway how about we hit that woodley line a bit, i think the more people give this matchup a thought they will realize that till offers a limited skillset and the chance of him winning by something other than ko are slim. i dont want to beat the ... extreme weight cutting is bad thing into the ground but i cant see him having the juice to deal with woodley's top pressure. i expect woodley to treat this fight like the thompson fight more or less but vs a fighter that is easier to take down. at close to even i tihnk its a good bet, still working out what value there is on the prop bets for this fight.

also, suarez itd +165 might be worth a look
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave SmellMyFinger 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Woodley going to make us all rich Saturday. I'm going to be drunk in wendover going crazy

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Colby Covington inSanity Check's favorite fighter of all time.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Do check out what inSanity check had to say about Khabib's origin and Russia in the "McGregor vs Nurmagomedov" thread.

Never go full retard!
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SmellMyFinger

on another subject was i the only one who's jaw dropped in the first round of pimblet vs bak, because he saw his (pretty confident) 3unit bet go down the drain when paddy sank that rnc in deep ?! )) mma gods spared me this time, not sure how to feel about my bet though ...

Sanity Check

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

There are a lot of fools posting on page 2.

That's all I'm gonna say.

firekillex

if you think about it sanity check is the colby covington of SBR MMA , everything comes full circle
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

seriously please get on your meds , not here to argue goodluck in your delusional life mate I legitimately worry about your mental state its slightly concerning ... first i thought you were just a troll but its obvious at this point you actually think youre an intellectual which is baffling... again i wont respond again so save your alex jones conspiracy theory for yourself , and ill keep my mma bet slips to myself i have nothing to prove. GL
    Is this where he gets his info Fire. Alex Jones lol. Not surprising he is a huge Coby fan since Coby literally
    went to the White House to bow down and blow our 4 time File for Bankruptcy President

SmellMyFinger

can we please veer this conversation towards the fight card itself ? there are a lot of fights where it's tough to see where the value lies and we are barely discussing any of them

i think the odds on the miller fight reflect his 4 fight winning streak more than the matchup itself, alex white did not show anything so far to prove he can hang with the upper tier of the division, miller got a brutal ko last fight and even though he's been in some wars in his time, is still trust his durability at least vs white's power, that dose not seem to carry into the later rounds. i think miller is the overall more skilled fighter in any aspect of the game and at + money (thank you bettig gods), would not jump the gun with more than 2 - 2.5u on it considering he had a long career and ko in the last fight, but those are intangibles that i feel are outstayed by the skillgap

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by SmellMyFinger View Post
    i think the odds on the miller fight reflect his 4 fight winning streak more than the matchup itself
    Jim Miller hasn't been the same since being diagnosed with lyme disease.

How well his battle with the illness is going will make a big difference there.

Of course, none of the Alex Jones haters were likely aware Jim Miller even had lyme disease.

That's the problem. Its too easy to "make fun" of those who are informed when you yourself know nothing and contribute nothing.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Do check out what inSanity check had to say about Khabib's origin and Russia in the "McGregor vs Nurmagomedov" thread.

Its not hard to verify dagestan and russia have been in armed conflict for a long time.

Also that ethnic chechens represent the largest demographic behind anti russian rebellion in dagestan.

War of Dagestan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Dagestan

Second Chechen War: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Chechen_War

Insurgency of the North Caucasus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurg...casus#Dagestan

SmellMyFinger

amazing input by sanity, "did you know jim miller had Lyme disease" , end of contribution .....

SmellMyFinger

2100 posts and still none of the vets here will vouch for you that you are worth your weight in a rational discourse regarding fight breakdown

nobody says you should not joke around or troll a bit, but jumping on any opportunity to spill your dogs**t ideology and political views says something about a person, i won't react anymore to you addressing my posts, don't have the time or energy to scream into the void

Sanity Check

none of the vets here will vouch for you
    If you have eyes and half a brain.

Shouldn't you know by now from months of reading posts on this forum, whether or not I'm somewhat legit?

Why would you need "vets here" to dumb things down for you?

Can't you think for yourself?

SmellMyFinger

well... that was more of a (you have no friends joke) than an indication of how i filter my info but why would i expect someone like you to get that

back to the fights : i think the Rivera moneyline is still bettable at -145 outside of the marlon ko rivera has looked very solid, and dodson tends to under perform when his opponent is not flustered by the speed gap, also i dont think he has the power to put out rivera with 1 shot

i also keep in mind what donald said about the jackson .....actually the wink camp recently, cant be all untrue , so that might affect the quality of dodson's camp i'd have rivera as a -200 so like i said still bettable at that price

Sanity Check

i also keep in mind what donald said about the jackson .....actually the wink camp recently, cant be all untrue , so that might affect the quality of dodson's camp i'd have rivera as a -200 so like i said still bettable at that price
    O RLLY?

What crosses your mind when you hear Joe Rogan discuss Francis Ngannou being homeless before his MMA career began?

Was Ngannou a homeless guy who walked into an MMA gym, put on pads and started to fight?

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

can we please veer this conversation towards the fight card itself ? there are a lot of fights where it's tough to see where the value lies and we are barely discussing any of them

i think the odds on the miller fight reflect his 4 fight winning streak more than the matchup itself, alex white did not show anything so far to prove he can hang with the upper tier of the division, miller got a brutal ko last fight and even though he's been in some wars in his time, is still trust his durability at least vs white's power, that dose not seem to carry into the later rounds. i think miller is the overall more skilled fighter in any aspect of the game and at + money (thank you bettig gods), would not jump the gun with more than 2 - 2.5u on it considering he had a long career and ko in the last fight, but those are intangibles that i feel are outstayed by the skillgap
    I'm on A. White myself. Alex throws a lot of volume and is a dangerous southpaw with good cardio. He gave his last fight to Krause because of those takedowns. So I believe he would be seriously working on his TDD which is the only hole in his game. Miller will be dangerous in R1 but is likely to fade big time. I don't see anymore grinds left in Miller.

firekillex

Of course, none of the Alex Jones haters were likely aware Jim Miller even had lyme disease.

That's the problem. Its too easy to "make fun" of those who are informed when you yourself know nothing and contribute nothing.
    i literally think 90% of people here knew jim miller has lyme disease... stop reaching man its sad
    we get it you need medication , stop making yourself a target i dont even want to keep dissing you but youre making it extremely hard not to

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

After Woodley beats till his hype train will be done. I can't wait. So over rated and he should have lost the fight to wonderboy. Garbage judges.
    Last edited by Demonata; 09-04-18 at 03:37 PM.

SmellMyFinger

Quote Originally Posted by Teem View Post
    I'm on A. White myself. Alex throws a lot of volume and is a dangerous southpaw with good cardio. He gave his last fight to Krause because of those takedowns. So I believe he would be seriously working on his TDD which is the only hole in his game. Miller will be dangerous in R1 but is likely to fade big time. I don't see anymore grinds left in Miller.
    i'm thinking miller is the more complete striker, and if he is forced to go for a td, and gets stuffed they might wind up in the clinch were i give him the edge in dirty boxing, white has the youth on his side, a slight boxing edge and i'm not sure about the cardio, i think it all depends on who is dictating the pace. will have a better idea of ho in shape they both are after the weight ins
    don't expect this line to fluctuate too much so the more we wait the more accurate the prediction will be imo

Hugo de Naranja

Miller was actually diagnosed with Lyme Disease between UFC 196 and UFC 200. After the diagnosis, he went on a Three Fight Win Streak (Gomi, Lauzon, Alves) before his current Four Fight Losing Streak (Poirier, Pettis, Trinaldo, Hooker).

https://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/before...ves-at-ufc-200

I think Miller's poor run of form has more to do with very tough opposition than the Lyme Disease itself.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

well... that was more of a (you have no friends joke) than an indication of how i filter my info but why would i expect someone like you to get that

back to the fights : i think the Rivera moneyline is still bettable at -145 outside of the marlon ko rivera has looked very solid, and dodson tends to under perform when his opponent is not flustered by the speed gap, also i dont think he has the power to put out rivera with 1 shot

I don’t know man to me this Dodson fight has no bet written all over it. Maybe if it was a five round fight.

Sanity Check

i literally think 90% of people here knew jim miller has lyme disease... stop reaching man its sad
    we get it you need medication , stop making yourself a target i dont even want to keep dissing you but youre making it extremely hard not to
    This is the net effect of european pro immigration policies you supported.

Here's another source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42557828

London's homicide rate surpassed new york's for the 1st time ever due to hordes of illegal immigrants entering europe: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/london-...ife-gun-crime/

This is your fault. You supported this. All of this rape, violence and crime is on your head.

Alex Jones warned you. He said unregulated immigration is poor policy. You didn't listen.

Maybe I'll consider the possibility of you having half a brain when you manage to comprehend these basic points.

First 12345 ... Last