MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

If they make that interim fight without Ortega, it would be disastrous. That would be really screwing up the division. Give Max his time, and reschedule. NO INTERIM TITLE.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    100%.....I like Max...he's is committed to the point of death....would go in hurt, sick.....sometimes they need stopped.......it sucks though.....hoping Edgar steps in on a day's notice.....maybe Guida....
    As badly as I wanted to see that bout, fighter safety should be top priority so I not only don't have a problem with it, I applaud it. Like you said, these fighters need to be reigned back against their will at times.

I'd like to know the root of these symptoms?

I don't blame Ortega for not taking a step down and risking his locked in title shot, fukk that! Let's hope Max gets healthy with no lingering effects and they can fight soon.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Same thing every PPV this year. Tony already broke my heart.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Same thing every PPV this year. Tony already broke my heart.
    I read some crazy shit that there have been 17 Main and Co-Main events that have been cancelled so far this year.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i see Ortega side but he does have some balls to refuse a fight with Frankie after Frankie gave him a chance when he didnt have to.

Thor4140

I have said before that i know a source who says Max absolutely dies making that 145 cut. It is time for him to move up. He is almost 6 ft for crying out loud. Probably from all these cuts he has screwed himself up permanently. I wouldn't be surprised if they find out something which makes him retire. I sure as hell hope not but wouldn't be shocked.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Exactly....dehydration IMO is probably it.....but like you said.....you need to KNOW what the deal is....and like it was above....Edgar gave ORTEGA the chance (2) fights ago.....so....give it back IMO...
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    As badly as I wanted to see that bout, fighter safety should be top priority so I not only don't have a problem with it, I applaud it. Like you said, these fighters need to be reigned back against their will at times.

I'd like to know the root of these symptoms?

I don't blame Ortega for not taking a step down and risking his locked in title shot, fukk that! Let's hope Max gets healthy with no lingering effects and they can fight soon.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i see Ortega side but he does have some balls to refuse a fight with Frankie after Frankie gave him a chance when he didnt have to.
    Apparently Frankie said that it was too short of a notice anyways.

PaperTrail07

yup saw that.....Ortega shot it down from the start though....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Apparently Frankie said that it was too short of a notice anyways.

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Hey guys sorry for posting this here but I'm having issues with Bovada. I may switch to 5Dimes for these fights and I'm in a hurry to do so. Do you guys recommend 5Dimes? Also, when I purchase bitcoin how long would it take for the bitcoin to settle in my wallet for use on 5Dimes. I would be purchasing with my debit card. I already have a wallet and exchange set up for that I've just never used it.

PaperTrail07

5DIMES=Best MMa props in the game -debit purchase are instant on CB....
    Quote Originally Posted by Teem View Post
    Hey guys sorry for posting this here but I'm having issues with Bovada. I may switch to 5Dimes for these fights and I'm in a hurry to do so. Do you guys recommend 5Dimes? Also, when I purchase bitcoin how long would it take for the bitcoin to settle in my wallet for use on 5Dimes. I would be purchasing with my debit card. I already have a wallet and exchange set up for that I've just never used it.

PaperTrail07

are the points bets in MMA gone for good on 5D.....?? -3.5 points ect.....you all know the bets I'm talking about...

Teem

5DIMES=Best MMa props in the game -debit purchase are instant on CB....
    Okay I have CB but I'm using bitpay as a wallet. Should I purchase with debit card through my wallet or directly through CB? Sorry, new to this.

Also, I know there are no fees for depositing on 5Dimes with Bitcoin but what is the min. deposit using bitcoin on 5D?

PaperTrail07

Your fine teem---always here to help a fellow mma guy.....basically its easy....
    Buy your coin off CB w debit and its immediately available...and either send directly to book.....or if your paranoid, buy on CB, send to bitpay, then send to 5dIMES.....get the address your sending to from the cashier in 5dimes.....
    Okay I have CB but I'm using bitpay as a wallet. Should I purchase with debit card through my wallet or directly through CB? Sorry, new to this.

Also, I know there are no fees for depositing on 5Dimes with Bitcoin but what is the min. deposit using bitcoin on 5D?

PaperTrail07

Heritage does not have the props 5 D does, but if you want a legit book that pays instant-Heritage is your go to GL this weekend

Teem

Heritage does not have the props 5 D does, but if you want a legit book that pays instant-Heritage is your go to GL this weekend
    Thank you for the help! You're awesome!

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Your fine teem---always here to help a fellow mma guy.....basically its easy....
    Buy your coin off CB w debit and its immediately available...and either send directly to book.....or if your paranoid, buy on CB, send to bitpay, then send to 5dIMES.....get the address your sending to from the cashier in 5dimes.....
    Coinbase is probably the worst site to use. I'd avoid them and any US based exchanges. I'd recommend bitstamp.net. I also utilize blockchain.info as an intermediary wallet.

If you do use Coinbase (or any US based exchange), you should probably pay your capital gains taxes since any profits may become known by the IRS in the not too distant future.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Re-watching Ngannou vs Miocic.

In round 4, around the 1 minute mark, Stipe starts to go for a rear naked.

Then says: "nah fk it, I want to punch him in the face for 2 more rounds".

Brutal.

Coinbase is being sued and has at least 2 lawsuits filed against them at the moment.

One is for insider trading.

The other is witholding the funds of customers for weeks/months at a time. If you deal in larger amounts, like say $5,000 or greater, coinbase is known to hold your money and freeze your account for no reason. The 2nd lawsuit is a class action suit filed by multiple customers who have had this happen to them.

A better method could be to buy from an exchange if you can find one that serves US residents and supports credit/debit cards.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 07-05-18 at 06:00 PM.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

I don't think Ortega wants to fight anyone but Max. Rumor is that he turned down a fight with Frankie and Jeremy Stephens. Also a rumor that Jeremy Stephens might be fighting Frankie.
    I f ucking hope not! Looking forward to going to the UFC here on July 28th and Stephens vs. Aldo being one of the fights I am most interested in.

Kermit

Oh for Christ's sake.

Brett Okamoto @bokamotoESPN
    Press conference wrapped and Daniel Cormier apparently tripped over something and went down hard. Limped off the stage. The curse of international fight week is real.
    6:43 PM - Jul 5, 2018

Sanity Check

Oh for Christ's sake.
    Press conference wrapped and Daniel Cormier apparently tripped over something and went down hard. Limped off the stage. The curse of international fight week is real.

Tony Ferguson AND Daniel Cormier BOTH tripping and injuring themselves inside the same year.

That cant be real.

Sanity Check

Oh for Christ's sake.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

this is crazy man......

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    MMA Mania prelims... Part 1...

FOX SPORTS 1 ‘Prelims’ (8 p.m. ET start time)

185 lbs.: Paulo Costa vs. Uriah Hall

Paulo Costa (11-0) — the martial artist formerly known as “Borrachinha” — bounced back from an unsuccessful TUF: “Brazil” 2 run to win and defend the Jungle Fight Middleweight title. He has been every bit as successful in UFC, smashing Garreth McLellan, Oluwale Bamgbose and Johny Hendricks in his 2017 campaign.
    He has never gone past 1:23 into the second round as a professional, knocking out 10 opponents and submitting one other.
    Uriah Hall’s (13-8) ridiculous upset of Gegard Mousasi gave way to three consecutive losses, including first-round (technical) knockouts against Brunson and the aforementioned Mousasi in the rematch. Down on the cards and with his back against the wall, “Primetime” knocked out Krzysztof Jotko to win “Performance of the Night” and keep his Octagon career afloat.
    These two were originally slated to fight in April before Costa suffered a biceps injury.
    We all know how it goes at this point. Hall has the potential to knockout anyone in the division at any time, but it is beyond foolhardy to put any faith in his ability to execute against competent Middleweight competition. This is a guy who lost to Josh Howard and then went on to knockout Mousasi, a feat multiple world champions and quality Heavyweight kickboxers have failed to accomplish.
    Costa is young, huge, incredibly powerful and seemed to have solid cardio in his two trips to the second round. The obvious outcome sees him pressure Hall against the cage and blast him with hooks for the finish as Chris Weidman and the aforementioned Brunson did. Barring another Hall miracle, that’s my call.
    Prediction: Costa via first-round technical knockout

170 lbs.:
    Paul Felder vs. Mike Perry

Paul Felder (15-3) is 5-1 since consecutive losses to Edson Barboza and Ross Peason, securing three consecutive (technical) knockout victories. He was originally slated to fight James Vick in Boise, Idaho, but answered the call when Vick got called up to face Justin Gaethje and Yancy Medeiros busted a rib.
    “The Irish Dragon” has knocked out 10 opponents and submitted one other.
    Mike Perry’s (11-3) thunderous knockouts of Jake Ellenberger and Alex Reyes put him within spitting distance of title contention, only for Santiago Ponzinibbio to out-slug him in a grueling affair. He returned two months later against Max Griffin in what looked to be a rebound fight, but “Max Pain” defied considerable odds to pick Perry apart and secure a decision.
    Seven of his 11 knockout wins have come in the first round.
    Perry has all the tools to be a truly standout Welterweight, boasting hellacious power, hand speed and physicality, but his technique isn’t advancing the way it should. While losses to Alan Jouban and Santiago Ponzinibbio are understandable, Griffin is someone he should have destroyed. Felder is durable enough, adaptable enough, and versatile enough on the feet to recreate Griffin’s winning effort.
    There is the concern of Felder being unable to stand up to the power of a genuine Welterweight, but he has absorbed blows from quality finishers like Edson Barboza and Daron Cruickshank without flinching. I have faith in his ability to steer clear of Perry’s bombs and pick him apart for a decision win.
    Prediction: Felder via unanimous decision

135 lbs.:
    Raphael Assuncao vs. Rob Font

It hasn’t always been the prettiest of affairs, but Raphael Assuncao (26-5) is 10-1 since his knockout loss to Erik Koch, beating the likes of T.J. Dillashaw, Bryan Caraway, Aljamain Sterling and Marlon Moraes, among others. His latest win was the most eye-catching yet, a brutal one-punch knockout of Matthew Lopez that earned the Brazilian his first post-fight bonus since 2013.
    He is three inches shorter than Rob Font (15-3) and will give up five inches of reach.
    Font scored brutal finishes in four of his first five UFC appearances and looked poised for another win in Oct. 2017, but succumbed to Pedro Munhoz’s infamous guillotine late in the first round. Against another dangerous foe in Thomas Almeida, Font survived a competitive first round to drop and stop “Thominhas” in Boston.
    Font has knocked out seven opponents and submitted another four.
    Well, if there’s anyone outside of Cody Garbrandt and John Lineker who could drag a great fight out of Assuncao, it’s Font. Dangerously powerful and aggressive, he’s everything you’d want in a young fighter. For all that destructive potential, though, I’m not convinced he’s sharp enough to take the Brazilian out of his comfort zone. Assuncao’s counterpunching is some of the best in the division — only Dillashaw and the incredibly adaptive Moraes have been able to consistently land on him without taking more in return. Based on what I’ve seen, he can slow this fight to his pace and consistently punish Font’s aggression.
    I’m pulling for Font, as he’s exponentially more entertaining, but I say Assuncao picks him off enough to take a controversial decision.
    Prediction: Assuncao by unanimous decision

170 lbs.: Max Griffin vs.
    Curtis Millender (15-3)

Max Griffin (14-4) — after splitting bouts with Colby Covington and Erick Montano — threw down with Elizeu Zaleski at UFC Fight Night 119, coming up short on the cards but securing a $50,000 bonus for his troubles. Four months later, “Max Pain” took a wholly unexpected decision over Mike Perry, whom he outclassed on the feet.
    Half of his pro wins have come by form of knockout.
    The early 1-3 skid for Curtis Millender’s (15-3) didn’t stop him from winning six straight afterward, including solid victories in LFA. His Octagon debut pitted him against Thiago Alves, whom he caught with a vicious knee in the final minute of the second round.
    “Curtious” stands four inches taller than Griffin at 6’3.”
    Griffin impressed pretty much everyone against Perry, so it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him shut down “Curtious,” but this looks like a rough match up for him. In addition to the height disadvantage, Griffin is fairly easy to hit and got knocked down more than once against Zaleski. It’s also worth noting that his arsenal doesn’t prominently feature takedowns or low kicks, which are Millender’s key weaknesses.
    Without the tools to get inside on Millender or make him hesitate on those long kicks, Griffin is going to struggle to bring his heavy hands to bear. Millender finds the mark with a head kick partway through the second round.
    Prediction: Millender via second-round knockout

155 lbs.:
    Gilbert Burns vs. Dan Hooker

Gilbert Burns’ (13-2) Brazilian jiu-jitsu pedigree earned him quite a bit of attention when he joined UFC and he lived up to the hype with wins in his first three Octagon appearances. A 1-2 stretch slowed his roll, but he has smashed his way back into contention with crushing knockouts of Jason Saggo and Dan Moret.

Burns has submitted seven professional foes, four by armbar, and knocked out another five.
    After an inconsistent run at Featherweight, Dan Hooker (16-7) has reinvented himself as a Lightweight contender with three impressive finishes. He opened his 155-pound run with a knee knockout of Ross Pearson, submitted Marc Diakiese soon after, and went back to the basics with another savage knee against Jim Miller.
    He will have two inches of height, four inches of reach, and three inches of leg reach on “Durinho.”
    Hooker has looked like a new man at 155 pounds, discarding his face-first brawling in favor of a varied, tricky offense. Burns has looked ferocious as well, but I’m not sure energy-intensive headhunting is the best approach against the iron-jawed Kiwi. Hooker is notoriously durable and has gotten out from under ace grapplers like Hatsu Hioki in the past.
    If he’d showed a better jab and more blended wrestling, I’d take Burns over most of the division. As is, while he’ll get plenty of highlight-reel finishes, the stylistic match up isn’t in his favor — Hooker is just too damn tough to get rid of and too sharp with his game planning. Heavy knees and straight punches keep the hard-charging Burns at bay for 15 minutes.
    Prediction: Hooker via unanimous decision

155 lbs.:
    Lando Vannata vs. Drakkar Klose

Lando Vannata (9-2) opened his UFC career with a near-upset of Tony Ferguson, dropping “El Cucuy” with a head kick before ultimately tapping to a d’arce choke. His Octagon career since has been inconsistent but entertaining, as he has gone 1-1-1 and earned three post-fight bonuses.

He has knocked out and submitted four professional foes apiece.
    Drakkar Klose (8-1-1) — fighting out of The MMA Lab — defeated “Lookin’ for a Fight” product Devin Powell in his Octagon debut before using powerful leg kicks to upset Marc Diakiese. He had less success against David Teymur, who shut down his wrestling and picked him apart at range.
    He will give up an inch of height and 2.5 inches of reach to the “Groovy” one.
    Vannata is a match for anyone in the division in the first round. The reason he’s sitting on a losing UFC record despite his obvious skills is his inability to pace himself. That said, he still gave David Teymur a much tougher fight than Klose did and his slickster stylings seem well-equipped to shutting down Klose’s straightforward offense.
    Klose will struggle to keep Vannata on the fence, isn’t a sufficiently overpowering wrestler to take him down in the center of the cage, and doesn’t have the power to put him away. Vannata banks at least two rounds with nifty long-range striking before fading enough for Klose to start connecting.
    Prediction: Vannata via unanimous decision

115 lbs.:
    Emily Whitmire vs. Jamie Moyle

Representing Team Justin Gaethje on TUF 26, Emily Whitmire (2-2) submitted Christina Marks in 40 seconds before falling to Roxanne Modafferi in the quarterfinals. Her woes continued at the Finale, which saw her tap to a Gillian Robertson submission in little more than two minutes.

She is five inches taller than Jamie Moyle (4-2), but will give up two inches of reach.
    Moyle likewise went 1-1 in her TUF run, beating Alyssa Krahn in the elimination round of TUF 23 before falling to eventual finalist Amanda Cooper. Things have been similarly up-and-down in the Octagon, defeating Kailin Curran in her Octagon debut and losing to Viviane Pereira six months later.
    This will be her first fight in 13 months because of injury.
    Whitmire’s two professional victories came over opponents who were 0-0 and 2-7. She was a Strawweight before moving to 125 pounds for TUF, so she shouldn’t have much of a weight advantage. She has been submitted twice as a professional and got ground-and-pounded into the dirt on TUF.
    That said, you can see why I’m not picking her over a capable wrestler.
    Moyle has faced much stronger competition and has the stylistic edge to overcome the height disadvantage. She outstrikes, outwrestles and outgrapples Whitmire for up to 15 minutes.
    Prediction: Moyle via unanimous decision

UFC 226 will feature two incredible world title fights, a grudge match, and the return of Gokhan Saki. If that’s not worth your money, I don’t know what is. See you Saturday, Maniacs!

Remember, too, that MMAmania.com will deliver LIVE round-by-round, blow-by-blow coverage of the entire UFC 226 fight card, starting with the Fight Pass “Prelims” matches online, which are scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. ET, then the remaining undercard balance on FOX Sports 1 at 8 p.m. ET, before the PPV main card start time at 10 p.m. ET.
    Current UFC “Prelims” Prediction Record for 2018: 86-40

Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

are the points bets in MMA gone for good on 5D.....?? -3.5 points ect.....you all know the bets I'm talking about...
    Nah they just post em late

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    "Know that your money is tied to only one outcome when you are betting Stipe...and that's for him to knock me out. That's the only way he could beat me" - Daniel Cormier.

Why cant Stipe win a decision?

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

I'm behind the times on Stipe... really haven't followed his run all that closely for whatever reason. Finally got to checking his record out and damn he has not fought ANYONE who would try to wrestle him and has the skills to do it. I mean, he has escaped every HW wrestler throughout his career. Never fought Cain. Hasn't fought Blaydes. Not even a Jared Rosholt on the way up. There's literally not one wrestler on his record going back at least 6 years and 13 fights.

FightMetric says Stipe has a 75% takedown defense. Who took him down? As it stands, I don't even think there's sufficient tape to even try to make an educated guess as to how the wrestling exchanges will go between these two.

Seriously. Can anyone tell me what fight to go to to see Stipe do some defensive wrestling and actually work to keep the fight on the feet?

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    I'm behind the times on Stipe... really haven't followed his run all that closely for whatever reason. Finally got to checking his record out and damn he has not fought ANYONE who would try to wrestle him and has the skills to do it. I mean, he has escaped every HW wrestler throughout his career. Never fought Cain. Hasn't fought Blaydes. Not even a Jared Rosholt on the way up. There's literally not one wrestler on his record going back at least 6 years and 13 fights.

FightMetric says Stipe has a 75% takedown defense. Who took him down? As it stands, I don't even think there's sufficient tape to even try to make an educated guess as to how the wrestling exchanges will go between these two.

Seriously. Can anyone tell me what fight to go to to see Stipe do some defensive wrestling and actually work to keep the fight on the feet?
    This is why I like Cormier at the price, I got him at +230, why not take that shot on a guy that has world class, next level wrestling? He has also take a ton of punches (although not quite of Stipes level), so it may be the case, but if he does eat a shot and powers through it that might spell a long night for Stipe.

Dont get my wrong, I love Stipe, and one of my favorite things about him is that he is a high IQ HW. He found a way to deal with Ngannou, but DC is so much more well rounded.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Why cant Stipe win a decision?

He can but not according to DC.

SmellMyFinger
    SmellMyFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3316

based on the 370 price , to finish a fighter like assuncao, i would not rush to call Font underated as a finisher i'm not sure even dillashaw had a much better price for itd, i think if you play the font line, ITD is the only way , and i am also on it for 1/2 unit

Sanity Check

0:34 -- 0:58

Anthony Pettis: "I stopped wrestling."

If Pettis loses to Michael Chiesa cuz he stopped training his wrestling.

This could be one of the dumbest comments of all time made by a UFC fighter.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by SmellMyFinger View Post
    based on the 370 price , to finish a fighter like assuncao, i would not rush to call Font underated as a finisher i'm not sure even dillashaw had a much better price for itd, i think if you play the font line, ITD is the only way , and i am also on it for 1/2 unit
    Has literally won all his UFC wins by finish and yet Font Decision is usually priced at close odds to Font ITD. That is the definition of underrated.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

DC looks sloppy at weigh ins.. Black Beast getting rattled as well at weigh ins.. Stipe and DC both nice guys kinda hate to see them fight.. Not sure who I'm rooting for in this one??

I think you gotta fade the black beast in this one..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-06-18 at 05:57 PM.

Sirius
    Sirius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 612

WooHoooo
    I loved that Predator - Black Beast stare downn!

Sirius
    Sirius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 612

Just riding my parlay...if I funded my account I'd take:

Saki
    Felder
    Lewis
    and Cormier again

Good Luck

First 1234567 ... Last