JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Khabib going to win. He's a god and a bear reincarnated. Maybe a god bear
    El Cucuy scrappy as fock and hard to deal with on the ground..Hard to control that guy.. IDK?

If this fight lasts I could see Khabib gassing late and getting dropped... Cardio, grit and heart has to go to El Cucuy anyways..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-21-18 at 07:41 PM.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    El Cucuy scrappy as fock and hard to deal with on the ground..Hard to control that guy.. IDK?

If this fight lasts I could see Khabib gassing late and getting dropped... Cardio, grit and heart has to go to El Cucuy anyways..

Im out of jail so finally i get to watch a fight lol

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I haven't bet it yet but am planning to.
    I think after this Kalib fight our dream wagers of 4 to 1 between Conor and Tony will be history. U were probably gonna hedge the huge money we were wagering anyway to get a profit hedging it.

Thor4140

I think a lot of the guys in here have Andrade’s boxing overrated. Sure for a girl its nice but it is a bit wild for my taking. Looks like an out of control mini Tyson. She was getting picked apart her last fight and basically didn’t touch JJ. Thug is crisper and u can probably give all that credit to her boyfriend. Was something wrong with JJ that first fight i don’t know but if i had to bet this one I would go with the Thug again. Might be one to just enjoy.

Thor4140

Welcome back D

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

What were you in for?

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I think after this Kalib fight our dream wagers of 4 to 1 between Conor and Tony will be history. U were probably gonna hedge the huge money we were wagering anyway to get a profit hedging it.
    Yeah this Khabib/Tony fight is bad for us bettors who could've gotten a good price on either Khabib or Tony against Conor. Conor would've been like a -250 to -300 favorite against Tony before the event probably. Maybe even money or -150 against Khabib.

Now whoever wins between Tony and Khabib would get a boost in prestige. Combined with recency bias, the lines will be less wide for either.

Hugo de Naranja

"Conceive, believe, Khabib"
    -Luke Rockhold

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Richard Clock
    Richard Clock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Yeah this Khabib/Tony fight is bad for us bettors who could've gotten a good price on either Khabib or Tony against Conor. Conor would've been like a -250 to -300 favorite against Tony before the event probably. Maybe even money or -150 against Khabib.

Now whoever wins between Tony and Khabib would get a boost in prestige. Combined with recency bias, the lines will be less wide for either.
    I would argue that Tony at +140 vs Conor has some value on 5Dimes right now. Tony has all the qualities of Nate Diaz, but just amplified : elite cardio/durability, slick ground game, diverse striking. I would particularly like Tony by sub, as a tired Conor's neck will be there for the taking in later rounds, and Tony is especially aggressive with chokes.
    Last edited by Richard Clock; 03-22-18 at 08:17 AM.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Clock View Post
    I would argue that Tony at +140 vs Conor has some value on 5Dimes right now. Tony has all the qualities of Nate Diaz, but just amplified : elite cardio/durability, slick ground game, diverse striking. I would particularly like Tony by sub, as a tired Conor's neck will be there for the taking in later rounds, and Tony is especially aggressive with chokes.
    I tend to agree. It's quite absurd how some people around the internets give Tony zero chance in this fight. Diaz for all his qualities and entertainment value has been a gatekeeper at LW with his best win being Michael Johnson. Despite this, he was able to finish Conor in one fight and pretty much fight Conor evenly in the rematch. Apology in advance for mma math but Diaz and Tony have a common opponent in RDA and look how that went for Diaz.

The reach is especially a problem for Conor since Conor plays a distance management game. He works guys to the fence with kicks and long range techniques and then looks to counter when the opponent attacks to get back space. I don't know how well this game will work against Tony since he has such a long jab and also throws a lot of kicks. The 1-2 of Diaz was enough to give Conor problems. Though Conor was fast enough to get inside a lot and land, the power was taken off of it because Diaz rolled with the shots since he had extra time to see them coming because Conor needed to step in.

I'd make Tony a favorite after the 1st round. I'd probably bet him -200 after the 2nd unless he was severely damaged.

I really hope this fight happens since I think it's more interesting than Khabib/Conor, and will probably be a better betting opportunity. If Khabib smashes Tony, the Khabib hype will approach Conor levels and we will see him possibly as the favorite.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I just hope Tony is not OK with sitting in his guard....yes he can toss elbows and what not....but he needs to be on the feet... Tony StandUp>Khabib Standup...

Hugo de Naranja

I tend to agree. It's quite absurd how some people around the internets give Tony zero chance in this fight. Diaz for all his qualities and entertainment value has been a gatekeeper at LW with his best win being Michael Johnson. Despite this, he was able to finish Conor in one fight and pretty much fight Conor evenly in the rematch. Apology in advance for mma math but Diaz and Tony have a common opponent in RDA and look how that went for Diaz.

The reach is especially a problem for Conor since Conor plays a distance management game. He works guys to the fence with kicks and long range techniques and then looks to counter when the opponent attacks to get back space. I don't know how well this game will work against Tony since he has such a long jab and also throws a lot of kicks. The 1-2 of Diaz was enough to give Conor problems. Though Conor was fast enough to get inside a lot and land, the power was taken off of it because Diaz rolled with the shots since he had extra time to see them coming because Conor needed to step in.

I'd make Tony a favorite after the 1st round. I'd probably bet him -200 after the 2nd unless he was severely damaged.

I really hope this fight happens since I think it's more interesting than Khabib/Conor, and will probably be a better betting opportunity. If Khabib smashes Tony, the Khabib hype will approach Conor levels and we will see him possibly as the favorite.
    No doubt Khabib will be the favorite against Conor if he smashes Tony. They briefly re-opened Khabib/Conor after the Barboza fight and Khabib was (-225).

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47533

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    What were you in for?
    intoxicated in public is probably a safe bet

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47533

I put in a Khabib and Rose parlay..

feeling pretty confident

Thor4140

Tony's striking is nowhere close to Nates.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Tony's striking is nowhere close to Nates.
    MMA maths.

RDA defeated Nate Diaz in a stand up fight.
    Tony Ferguson defeated RDA in a stand up fight.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    MMA maths.

And out-wrestled him

Thor4140

MMA maths.

Yep Tony looked great after he poked RDA in the eye. Before that he was losing the standup. Tony standup is nowhere near Nates.

turbozed

Yep Tony looked great after he poked RDA in the eye. Before that he was losing the standup. Tony standup is nowhere near Nates.
    And yet Tony was also able to overwhelm Barboza in the standup too.

At what point did Tony eyepoke Barboza in that fight? What's the excuse there?

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big ferg would starch Nate

khabib vs ferguson is the best lightweight fight in history though no doubt... either guy has tools to win
    in a 5 rounder it gives ferguson a lot more opportunities to win this fight , lean khabib 60/40 but i could see either guy winning this one , fingers crossed they both make it to the octagon this time
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140

And yet Tony was also able to overwhelm Barboza in the standup too.

At what point did Tony eyepoke Barboza in that fight? What's the excuse there?
    He threw an illegal kick in that one which was another fight he was losing and change that whole fight around. I call them like i see them and also love watching Tony fight. Rewatch it if think I’m wrong. I don't know how some of you guys forget certain things that have happen in fights. I’m a fan of my bets and not certain fighters.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 03-23-18 at 12:01 AM.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Big ferg would starch Nate

khabib vs ferguson is the best lightweight fight in history though no doubt... either guy has tools to win
    in a 5 rounder it gives ferguson a lot more opportunities to win this fight , lean khabib 60/40 but i could see either guy winning this one , fingers crossed they both make it to the octagon this time
    I doubt he would starch him but what I’m saying straight up in a boxing match he would lose to Nate. Now if one of the Diaz ever learned to stop a leg kick or takedown they might be unbeatable.

turbozed

He threw an illegal kick in that one which was another fight he was losing and change that whole fight around. I call them like i see them and also love watching Tony fight. Rewatch it if think I’m wrong. I don't know how some of you guys forget certain things that have happen in fights. I’m a fan of my bets and not certain fighters.
    I don't doubt that sometimes illegal strikes can change the course of a fight. But to discount everything a fighter does in the rest of the fight based on a single moment is silly imo.

Richard Clock

I doubt he would starch him but what I’m saying straight up in a boxing match he would lose to Nate. Now if one of the Diaz ever learned to stop a leg kick or takedown they might be unbeatable.
    But this isn't a boxing match, and the fact that the Diaz brothers don't throw effective leg kicks/knees or scorestakedowns really matters . In a pure boxing match, sure, Diaz probably beats Ferg, but I don't know how much that matters when evaluating these fighters in MMA.
    Last edited by Richard Clock; 03-23-18 at 07:33 AM.

Richard Clock

MMA maths.

I don't agree with Thor's premise, but I also think calling those two fights "stand up fights" is under-simplifying things. They are MMA fights, and RDA's pressure in clinch/threat of takedown impacted Nate's effectiveness as a boxer. Ferguson's pressure and threat of takedown/choke, excellent cardio, impacted RDA's effectiveness on the feet.

Sanity Check

I don't agree with Thor's premise, but I also think calling those two fights "stand up fights" is under-simplifying things. They are MMA fights, and RDA's pressure in clinch/threat of takedown impacted Nate's effectiveness as a boxer. Ferguson's pressure and threat of takedown/choke, excellent cardio, impacted RDA's effectiveness on the feet.
    Nate was supposed to have had serious injuries when he fought RDA. Nate was also fined for backstage antics and the fine was about the same size as his entire paycheck for that bout.

"MMA Math" is kind of a running gag.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

well too bad this is MMA not boxing lol

Thor4140

But this isn't a boxing match, and the fact that the Diaz brothers don't throw effective leg kicks/knees or scorestakedowns really matters . In a pure boxing match, sure, Diaz probably beats Ferg, but I don't know how much that matters when evaluating these fighters in MMA.
    And i never said it was a boxing match

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

489055470-1 3/17/18 7:38pm $100.56 $1,080.52 Pending 2 Team Parlay
    Pending 4/7/18 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1005 Ferguson wins inside distance +305* vs Not Ferguson inside distance
    Pending 4/7/18 11:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1105 Namajunas wins inside distance +190* vs Not Namajunas inside distance

It's happening this way...don't be foolish fellars.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave rsynweap84 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check gave rsynweap84 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by rsynweap84 View Post
    Pending 4/7/18 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1005 Ferguson wins inside distance +305* vs Not Ferguson inside distance
    Pending 4/7/18 11:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1105 Namajunas wins inside distance +190* vs Not Namajunas inside distance

I like it

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by rsynweap84 View Post

Event is two weeks away & you're already putting your money where your mouth is.

Thor4140

You need very good boxing and excellent takedown defense to stop Kalib. Tony's boxing is nowhere good enuf to stop Kalibs wrestling. Tony was getting peppered in the first round of the RDA fight and RDA isn't the greatest boxer either. I think Tony gets smashed here. He might be able to get up from a takedown early but after a round he won't get up again. I do like it that Tony was playing mind games with those elbow video's he has out. Hilarious. I hope he doesn't lose big cause i think he is great for the sport but Kalib is as strong as an ox

Thor4140

After watching that fight again which was a great fight the fight was basically even when Tony threw the illegal kick. What a bloody mess both guys were

Sanity Check

What happened with Khabib the 1st time with that teramisu cake.

First 12345 ... Last