and Gus would absolutely starch Volkan cmon man
    Volkan isnt even top 3-5 LHW in the world imo

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Yep that's what we say in every fight Volkan takes and he just wins... We'll see Fire?

Not convinced Gus would starch Volkan either.. Until Volkan starts getting punked in the cage I'm betting and going with the younger fighter who is on a 5 fight win streak..

Volkan beating down black dudes lately, DC got next...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-19-18 at 12:17 PM.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Volkan hits harder then Gus.. Volkan very good in close range and clinch situations with his striking.. Could see DC getting worked in the clinch and dropped...

DC 39 years old not getting any better at this point.. Getting worse, contemplating retirement now also which is never a good sign..

Even though I’m picking DC to win, I think you make a good point about Volkan’s powerful clinch strikes. I think his best chance is to catch DC with something short in a tie up.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

he did get punked 3 years ago against a broke mans daniel cormier
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kelly-Anundson-70064

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Volkan hits harder then Gus.. Volkan very good in close range and clinch situations with his striking.. Could see DC getting worked in the clinch and dropped...

DC 39 years old not getting any better at this point.. Getting worse, contemplating retirement now also which is never a good sign..

Heavyweights usually do well even in late 30s. Dc hasnt looked bad at all and only loses to jon jones(who would murder ozdaqueer). Volkan is not jon jones. I say gustaffson or rumble would beat ozdemir. Dc is in shape and has not shown me any reason at all he loses to overated ozdameer.

Demonata

Totally agree man! I don't get why people think ozdemir is so good. To say ozdemir is the same kryptonite as jon jones to cormier is laughable and hurts my brain.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Totally agree man! I don't get why people think ozdemir is so good. To say ozdemir is the same kryptonite as jon jones to cormier is laughable and hurts my brain.
    agreed... i think somebody like texiera would even beat Volkan imo... guys not that great he had custom tailored fights that fit his style and he got some solid knockouts hes no elite fighter in my eyes... but well see this saturday, id be shocked if he won

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

He would not make it out VS Tex....would be subbed or KO's within 3 rounds
    agreed... i think somebody like texiera would even beat Volkan imo... guys not that great he had custom tailored fights that fit his style and he got some solid knockouts hes no elite fighter in my eyes... but well see this saturday, id be shocked if he won

Wohlford
    Wohlford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Cormier is tough to figure out.

I bet him heavily at UFC 200 when he fought Anderson Silva. That was an awful fight where DC looked terrible. DC was close to getting finished at one point!

After that, I concluded that DC was totally washed up. This cost me a lot at UFC 210 for Cormier/Johnson II, but you can also chalk a lot of that up to Johnson being heartless and brainless.

Then I bet Jones very heavily at UFC 214 for Cormier/Jones II. That fight was terrifying: Cormier was handily getting the better of Jones until that shin to the dome.

How good is Cormier? No idea. Somewhere between a washed-up Anderson Silva and a (washed-up?) Jon Jones.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Just bought myself off of my Makhachev bet... no action there now. Just wasn't sitting well with me. We'll see. I have him favored but I don't wanna put too much into Tibau's time off and have it cost me.

Right now my only play is small on Brandon Davis. If he wants to have a UFC career then beating Bochniak is a MUST.

PaperTrail07

Mak will win EASY IMO.....only threat is someone that can knock him out standing..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Just bought myself off of my Makhachev bet... no action there now. Just wasn't sitting well with me. We'll see. I have him favored but I don't wanna put too much into Tibau's time off and have it cost me.

Right now my only play is small on Brandon Davis. If he wants to have a UFC career then beating Bochniak is a MUST.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Wohlford View Post

I bet him heavily at UFC 200 when he fought Anderson Silva. That was an awful fight where DC looked terrible. DC was close to getting finished at one point!

After that, I concluded that DC was totally washed up. This cost me a lot at UFC 210 for Cormier/Johnson II, but you can also chalk a lot of that up to Johnson being heartless and brainless.

Then I bet Jones very heavily at UFC 214 for Cormier/Jones II. That fight was terrifying: Cormier was handily getting the better of Jones until that shin to the dome.

How good is Cormier? No idea. Somewhere between a washed-up Anderson Silva and a (washed-up?) Jon Jones.
    Anderson Silva was out of shape and just coming off the injury to his ankle snap.. Couldn't even throw a kick with that leg.. DC should have smashed Silva.. Instead he did just enough to lay and pray on Silva and get the win..

A rematch today I may take Silva over DC.. DC is overrated at this point IMO.. Gus almost knocked out DC as well. DC has been in trouble in recent fights.. He got lit up in his last fight and knocked senseless..

Volkan has a shot against DC and I don't know why all you guys are writing him off.. Volkan hits very hard and is looking better and more improved with every fight.. He's fighting very confident right now as well...

In on Volk by KO for a small 50 spot already... I also have plans to play Volkan for $100 straight probably.. Haven't hit it yet..

$50.00 $170.00 Pending 1/20/18 11:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1137 Oezdemir wins by TKO/KO +340* vs Any other result
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-19-18 at 03:05 PM.

JollyRogerMMA
    JollyRogerMMA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Almedia did not look like the business on the scale this morning something to consider.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BELM0NT

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Wohlford View Post

Silva was NOT close to finishing Cormier!

firekillex

youd take anderson silva over DC .... what the fck is going on here lmao
    DC was taking him down like an adult would a 8 yeard old kid.... he got hit one time in the entire fight by a body shot when he knew he already won and was letting off the gas pedal... i literally think DC would beat anderson 99/100 times if they fought right now lol

its crazy how bad people underestimate DC just look at this dudes record man... whos the best guy Volkan beat??? Jimmy Manuwa whos lost to every single good guy in his career, beat Mischa ?? OSP whos inconsitent at best ... not sure what people are seeing here

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Fawwwwwwwk. Having a tough view on this card.

Went 0-2 last event. I hate heavier weights. There is a certain unpredictable factor with KOs imo.

PaperTrail07

BIGDAY.....the bellator card....get on it.....You and I both know Chandler is a LOck.....Meathead wont lose to Big Country....pull out the Fuckkkn Hammer......Value on Fedor as well........HAMMER PLAYS
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Fawwwwwwwk. Having a tough view on this card.

Went 0-2 last event. I hate heavier weights. There is a certain unpredictable factor with KOs imo.

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Funny thing about the Oezdemir vs. OSP fight is that only 2 out of 16 scored it for Volkan, rest scored it for OSP. Manuwa and Misha are decent wins, but not top 5 guys and certainly not on DC's level.

Could Volkan land that shot and KO him? It's possible, but Volkan's only path to victory is KO and DC has faced some hitters before.

Wohlford
    Wohlford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Silva was NOT close to finishing Cormier!
    It was close enough to make me very worried as a Cormier bettor.

The last minute of that 3-round fight was very ugly for Cormier. He'd somehow completely exhausted himself laying on top of Silva, and Silva was starting to open up on him. With about 30 seconds left, Silva hit Cormier with a kick to the liver that had Cormier shelling up like Cowboy. Silva pursued with a flurry and hit a good knee. Cormier was lucky to clinch up and survive.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Anderson Silva was out of shape and just coming off the injury to his ankle snap.. Couldn't even throw a kick with that leg.. DC should have smashed Silva.. Instead he did just enough to lay and pray on Silva and get the win..

A rematch today I may take Silva over DC.. DC is overrated at this point IMO.. Gus almost knocked out DC as well. DC has been in trouble in recent fights.. He got lit up in his last fight and knocked senseless..

Volkan has a shot against DC and I don't know why all you guys are writing him off.. Volkan hits very hard and is looking better and more improved with every fight.. He's fighting very confident right now as well...

In on Volk by KO for a small 50 spot already... I also have plans to play Volkan for $100 straight probably.. Haven't hit it yet..

$50.00 $170.00 Pending 1/20/18 11:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1137 Oezdemir wins by TKO/KO +340* vs Any other result
    Really is incredible how i see things compared to you lol. I wish more guys would think like u Jibby so this line would drop. Jibby if DC gives this guy one of his famous rides and drops him on his head will he be disqualified cause that is the only chance u have. How u have come to think DC is overrated is comical.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave Thor4140 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thor4140

I thought DC looked to be in great shape and Stipe had something going on with his chest. Hope it isnt staph.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Really is incredible how i see things compared to you lol. I wish more guys would think like u Jibby so this line would drop. Jibby if DC gives this guy one of his famous rides and drops him on his head will he be disqualified cause that is the only chance u have. How u have come to think DC is overrated is comical.
    We'll see Thor? Maybe I am foolish to think DC will get dropped.. Hey, I nailed the last UFC event so I'm on a tiny roll right now.. My spider senses are tingling.. ...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    BIGDAY.....the bellator card....get on it.....You and I both know Chandler is a LOck.....Meathead wont lose to Big Country....pull out the Fuckkkn Hammer......Value on Fedor as well........HAMMER PLAYS

Shagdogy

How do you guys think the judging will be in Boston? Font, Kattar, and Bochniak all Boston guys fighting on this card. The arena is going to be very much in favor of them. Think the judges will be as bad as Canadian judges?

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

How do you guys think the judging will be in Boston? Font, Kattar, and Bochniak all Boston guys fighting on this card. The arena is going to be very much in favor of them. Think the judges will be as bad as Canadian judges?
    I wouldn't doubt it.. Not to mention seemingly no one is on Kattor or Bochniak. I'm leaning Font as a slight dog myself but that will be a fight I'll hedge if I can.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it.. Not to mention seemingly no one is on Kattor or Bochniak. I'm leaning Font as a slight dog myself but that will be a fight I'll hedge if I can.
    I'm against both Kattar and Bochniak. Playing with fire I think, but the edges are clear for Burgos and Davis IMO.

Edit: Also, about Font... man, I can not pick a side in that fight. Razor thin. I think the line should be dead even. Ever single advantage I can pick out for one fighter, I find something else for the other. I really can't choose that one.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Shagdogy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

I'm against both Kattar and Bochniak. Playing with fire I think, but the edges are clear for Burgos and Davis IMO.

Edit: Also, about Font... man, I can not pick a side in that fight. Razor thin. I think the line should be dead even. Ever single advantage I can pick out for one fighter, I find something else for the other. I really can't choose that one.
    I agree about Kattar and Bochniak fights as well. I'm on the other side of both. If I bet the other sides it would have to be LIVE at a better number.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

I put a bet in on Davis a couple of days ago but I'm going to buy out of it after watching tape. I'm not impressed with Bochniak really but I see a lot of red flags with Davis.

First, his offense only seems to work when his opponent is standing right in front of him. Bochniak's in and out movement means he'll have trouble throwing and hitting anything until later rounds when both guys have slowed down. This brings me to the second point which is that his cardio looks suspect. He looks pretty gassed in the 2nd and 3rd round against Mustaki after a fast paced 1st round. In a 12 minute boxing match, he looked too gassed in the 4th round to throw punches. He didn't really have to move much in his fight with Arnett and still looked pretty tired in the 3rd despite it almost no grappling/clinching and a long groin kick break.

His defense is a bit too lazy too. Arnett threw and landed some pretty hard right hands from distance because Davis tried to shoulder roll. I think he'll be too lazy to check Bochniak's leg kicks as well. Bochniak can win here if he mixes in takedowns, spams right hands from distance, and makes Davis work.

Right now this fight is a no-bet but if price gets better on Bochniak I might bet on him with the better cardio and homefield advantage. At teh very least, he's a good potential live bet if Davis wins the first round but is forced to work.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    I put a bet in on Davis a couple of days ago but I'm going to buy out of it after watching tape. I'm not impressed with Bochniak really but I see a lot of red flags with Davis.

First, his offense only seems to work when his opponent is standing right in front of him. Bochniak's in and out movement means he'll have trouble throwing and hitting anything until later rounds when both guys have slowed down. This brings me to the second point which is that his cardio looks suspect. He looks pretty gassed in the 2nd and 3rd round against Mustaki after a fast paced 1st round. In a 12 minute boxing match, he looked too gassed in the 4th round to throw punches. He didn't really have to move much in his fight with Arnett and still looked pretty tired in the 3rd despite it almost no grappling/clinching and a long groin kick break.

His defense is a bit too lazy too. Arnett threw and landed some pretty hard right hands from distance because Davis tried to shoulder roll. I think he'll be too lazy to check Bochniak's leg kicks as well. Bochniak can win here if he mixes in takedowns, spams right hands from distance, and makes Davis work.

Right now this fight is a no-bet but if price gets better on Bochniak I might bet on him with the better cardio and homefield advantage. At teh very least, he's a good potential live bet if Davis wins the first round but is forced to work.
    You have any thoughts on Burgos vs. Kattar? That line was all over the place. I missed the insane value on Burgos early when he hit -135 which sucks. I've been late with my capping this week, but I tried not to get too upset over it and think logically and I honestly think he should be favored closer to the opener, around -250, so I bet him at -195 for 1u.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Is it my imagination or does DC seem worried about his weight cut?

Not that it'll make a difference in the fight.

DC has such a good attitude. I could see people stressing or being grumpy in his shoes but he takes it in stride. Maybe the reason why he's the champ.

Shagdogy

^ Also, I agree about Davis benefiting when his opponents stand in front of him, but I think that only means that he won't run away with this fight. Instead he will have to be a bit more patient and land when Bochniak comes in and then stalk when he moves away. The problem I have with Bochniak is that he is so plain. He has almost nothing but his right hand, and it only comes packaged with average speed and power.

Davis has good head movement when he chooses to, but sometimes he makes himself a bit more hittable to create brawl exchanges so he can get his strikes off with volume. He also talks to his opponents all the time. I think these are things he does to encourage the type of fight he wants. I don't trust Bochniak not to give him what he wants either. I think he will be jacked up to fight in Boston and I don't trust his fight IQ one bit since he came into the Jeremy Kennedy fight without any plan to avoid TDs at all.

I agree that it's not a fight to go big on, but for 1u I think the skill level of Davis's striking far exceeds anything that super vanilla Bochniak is bringing. I think Bochniak will need to employ and be successful with a TD heavy gameplan to win this fight, and I'm not sure he will even attempt it, let alone be able to if he tries.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Shagdogy 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed

^ Also, I agree about Davis benefiting when his opponents stand in front of him, but I think that only means that he won't run away with this fight. Instead he will have to be a bit more patient and land when Bochniak comes in and then stalk when he moves away. The problem I have with Bochniak is that he is so plain. He has almost nothing but his right hand, and it only comes packaged with average speed and power.

Davis has good head movement when he chooses to, but sometimes he makes himself a bit more hittable to create brawl exchanges so he can get his strikes off with volume. He also talks to his opponents all the time. I think these are things he does to encourage the type of fight he wants. I don't trust Bochniak not to give him what he wants either. I think he will be jacked up to fight in Boston and I don't trust his fight IQ one bit since he came into the Jeremy Kennedy fight without any plan to avoid TDs at all.

I agree that it's not a fight to go big on, but for 1u I think the skill level of Davis's striking far exceeds anything that super vanilla Bochniak is bringing. I think Bochniak will need to employ and be successful with a TD heavy gameplan to win this fight, and I'm not sure he will even attempt it, let alone be able to if he tries.
    I don't think I've seen Davis effectively counterpunch in the few fights I've watched of his. He has good head movement when he's walking forward but goes for these lazy shoulder rolls when his opponents come in at him. Sometimes he'll put up a high guard and just take punches waiting for his opponents to stop hitting like in the Mustaki fight.

The advantage Davis has in this fight is volume and volume alone IMO. His lack of pressuring ability and movement means he won't dictate the pace or control where the fight takes place. Bochniak can stay on the outside throwing leg kicks and overhand rights and be safe from the crazy combos. The biggest red flag has got to be the cardio though. Watch Bochniak with sharp strikes and fast footwork even in the 3rd round of the Kennedy fight vs. how Davis looked from the 2nd to 3rd rounds of his fight with Arnett. Davis is just standing in one place barely getting out of the way of punches.

Bochniak's game is super simple but he can still win employing it. Davis on the other hand seems content to put on a show even if it means he's getting tagged cleanly. I'll probably pass this one.

Will get to the Kattar/Burgos fight soon.

turbozed

Any of you guys have a problem connecting to 5D right now?

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Any of you guys have a problem connecting to 5D right now?
    i saw another guy talking about this in players talk

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I saw that Bovada had the Legacy fights tonight still up on the board during the actual fights and even slightly after they finished.. The first 2 fights only though.. Ooooops... I'm not sure many people picked up on that mistake besides me.. Books do some times drop the ball like that... I just happen to catch it..

First ... 2345678 ... Last