Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

UFC 220: Miocic Vs. Ngannou | 20.01.2018 (Boston, Massachusetts)

Last edited by Sato; 01-12-18 at 05:20 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

So this got next.. Another 2 weeks away ...

All in on the new black beast and by KO.. Stipe is gonna get dropped... Odds suck at -135 for that prop but I jumped in on now and early on... Odds are only gonna get worse I think over time...

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    So this got next.. Another 2 weeks away ...

All in on the new black beast and by KO.. Stipe is gonna get dropped... Odds suck at -135 for that prop but I jumped in on now and early on... Odds are only gonna get worse I think over time...
    It's this Saturday. You have to wait 2 weeks to watch it?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    It's this Saturday. You have to wait 2 weeks to watch it?
    I posted that a week ago ..

Yes less then a week away. ... http://www.ufc.com/

Time to get to capping tomorrow...

Demonata

I posted that a week ago ..

Yes less then a week away. ... http://www.ufc.com/

Time to get to capping tomorrow...
    Lol you posted it today, nice try though. The thought of betting Stipe makes me sick. I took overeem against ngannou I might have to all in ngannou

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Lol you posted it today, nice try though. The thought of betting Stipe makes me sick. I took overeem against ngannou I might have to all in ngannou
    Yes.... Stipe better wrestle his asss off if he stands a chance.. This black dude is no joke...

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

First 2 plays of the card already played

2 units on Stipe/Ngannou START Round 2 (-116)
    4 units on Moroz/Moyle OVER 2.5 rounds (-270)

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Those all-ins are about to be all-out when Stipe KO's Ngannou this weekend.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Black dude has a chin and the KO is not happening.. I hope you are trolling HUGO..

Stipe maybe by sub with Ngannou being taken down and on his back, then maybe giving up his back and his neck from ground and pound.. Still doubt that also..

Stipe is in trouble...

Hugo de Naranja

Black dude has a chin and the KO is not happening.. I hope you are trolling HUGO..

Stipe maybe by sub with Ngannou being taken down and on his back, then maybe giving up his back and his neck from ground and pound.. Still doubt that also..

Stipe is in trouble...
    I'm not trolling. I've got Stipe big here. I think Ngannou is a good fighter but the hype train is out of control.

TPowell

I'm not trolling. I've got Stipe big here. I think Ngannou is a good fighter but the hype train is out of control.
    My man Hugo! Lets ride. I'm all over fight starting round 2 but think I'll add some Stipe ML as well more than likely.

Demonata

Ngannou will knock out Stipe. Not making same mistake twice. Bet against him when he fought overeem but never again!!

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    My man Hugo! Lets ride. I'm all over fight starting round 2 but think I'll add some Stipe ML as well more than likely.
    Let's get it!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Always bet on black... ..

TPowell

Stipe is in trouble...

How do you know he has a chin? Someone just told me to go back and rewatch the Blaydes fight and I noticed he DID get stunned by a jab in the first 10 seconds of the fight. His face changes drastically and he makes a couple steps backward a little awkwardly. He isn't rocked mind you but it was a jab and he did NOT react well to it. In his first couple fights (including the Blaydes fight) he was a little passive and kept his distance from guys. I have to wonder if he isn't hiding his chin a little bit. Rewatch party now but I suspect he has that European black guy chin going which isn't a good thing (even though he's from Africa)

TPowell

Another thing is Blaydes took some big shots from Ngannou in their fight and was able to survive until the doctor stepped in at the end of round 2. Henrique surived until round 2 as well. Lets not act like anything Ngannou throws will KO Stipe.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

How do you know he has a chin? Someone just told me to go back and rewatch the Blaydes fight and I noticed he DID get stunned by a jab in the first 10 seconds of the fight. His face changes drastically and he makes a couple steps backward a little awkwardly. He isn't rocked mind you but it was a jab and he did NOT react well to it. In his first couple fights (including the Blaydes fight) he was a little passive and kept his distance from guys. I have to wonder if he isn't hiding his chin a little bit. Rewatch party now but I suspect he has that European black guy chin going which isn't a good thing (even though he's from Africa)
    Anyone hit cold and fresh can get rocked a little bit... Dude is human...

He does have a wicked upper cut though.. Stipe better be aware.....

Hugo de Naranja

Always bet on black... ..

Want to get some BPs cooking on this main event?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Stipe's best chance is to close the distance and grind.. Not his style though..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Want to get some BPs cooking on this main event?
    I pissed and gave away all my betpoints buddy.. Next time.. I'll start building them up again soon.. I'm getting bet point wagers offers lately... Giving me a reason to build them up again..

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

TPowell

My guess is Stipe will definitely know to watch that uppercut and those looping punches for sure. Blaydes was able to land a jab at will on him in that 2nd round even with his left eye completely shut.

TPowell

So neither Arlovski or Overeem landed ANYTHING against the guy. We'll see but I'd bet money on Stipe having the better chin. Another thing I noticed is that if you can get off quick with straight punches, you can shut a lot of these carnival punches down that he likes to throw. I'll need to check out the Stipe/Overeem fight again but I'm leaning towards playing Stipe for sure.

Hugo de Naranja

So neither Arlovski or Overeem landed ANYTHING against the guy. We'll see but I'd bet money on Stipe having the better chin. Another thing I noticed is that if you can get off quick with straight punches, you can shut a lot of these carnival punches down that he likes to throw. I'll need to check out the Stipe/Overeem fight again but I'm leaning towards playing Stipe for sure.
    Stipe has a better chin than those guys by far. The only time he has ever been stopped was against Struve where he got badly eye-poked before getting stunned and then finished. Stipe has fought some legit punchers to including Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, Alistair Overeem, and Junior Dos Santos (twice).

TPowell

Stipe has a better chin than those guys by far. The only time he has ever been stopped was against Struve where he got badly eye-poked before getting stunned and then finished. Stipe has fought some legit punchers to including Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, Alistair Overeem, and Junior Dos Santos (twice).
    Exactly, I rewatched both Overeem fights and I still think Overeem literally running away from Stipe caused those knockdowns. Stipe seemed to be a little puzzled by it and one of them happened out of nowhere right afterwards. In this fight, Ngannou won't be running away from him. He won't be barreling ahead either though. I like Stipe's more technical boxing to piece Ngannou up a little bit on the feet and for him to possibly get him down stunned and finish with GnP like the Reem fight.

Hugo de Naranja

Exactly, I rewatched both Overeem fights and I still think Overeem literally running away from Stipe caused those knockdowns. Stipe seemed to be a little puzzled by it and one of them happened out of nowhere right afterwards. In this fight, Ngannou won't be running away from him. He won't be barreling ahead either though. I like Stipe's more technical boxing to piece Ngannou up a little bit on the feet and for him to possibly get him down stunned and finish with GnP like the Reem fight.
    Definitely a possible outcome. I think Reem only had One KD in the Miocic fight. Am I forgetting one?

TPowell

Definitely a possible outcome. I think Reem only had One KD in the Miocic fight. Am I forgetting one?
    There was one after the KD and sub attempt that rocked Stipe pretty good but Reem had been getting tooled right before that so he couldn't do anything with it really.

Hugo de Naranja

Burgos fights like an undefeated fighter. I love his style.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

rooting for ngannou
    but at these odds Stipe is the obvious play

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MMA MANIA PART 1 -

145 lbs.: Matt Bessette vs. Enrique Barzola

Matt Bessette (12-1) put together a respectable 5-2 Bellator MMA record before making a full jump to CES, where he won and twice defended the Featherweight title. This got him a “Tuesday Night Contender Series” shot against Kurt Holobaugh, who knocked him stiff in the first round, but was subsequently discovered to have used an IV, resulting in a “No Contest.”
    He replaces Arnold Allen, who ran into **** issues, on around a week’s notice.
    Enrique Barzola (13-3-1) took home the gold on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): “Latin America” 2, out-grappling Mexican knockout artists Horacio Gutierrez in the tournament finals. Though a questionable decision loss to Kyle Bochniak halted his momentum, he enters the cage on a two-fight win streak, most recently defeating TUF: “Latin America” competitor Gabriel Benitez.
    “El Fuerte” stands three inches shorter than the 5’10” “Mangler.”
    I’ll admit, I haven’t watched as much tape on Bessette as I should. I had most of a writeup ready ahead of time for Allen vs. Barzola, since I was going to a place with iffy wifi, but then Allen had to go and have **** problems, so I’m working on limited information. There’s only so much you can do when you have to reconnect to the network every two minutes of a YouTube video.
    Said limited information shows that — while Bessette is very capable on the inside — his ringcraft isn’t great and he can be overwhelmed by pressure. Barzola’s rapid-fire boxing and adeptness at blending his striking and takedowns seem like a good way to punish those deficiencies ... especially on short notice. Barzola -- who has proven his grit — sets the pace, lands punches and spends enough of the fight in top position to earn the win.
    Prediction: Barzola via unanimous decision

115 lbs.:
    Maryna Moroz vs. Jamie Moyle

Maryna Moroz (8-2) sent the women’s Strawweight rankings a-wobblin’ in her short-notice debut, which saw her upset the massively favored Joanne Calderwood by flying armbar. She’s gone 2-2 since, defeating Cristina Stanciu and Danielle Taylor between losses to Valerie Letourneau and Carla Esparza.
    Five of her wins have come by either armbar or straight armbar.
    Jamie Moyle (4-2) went 3-1 in Invicta, submitting J.J. Aldrich along the way, before becoming Joanna Jedrzejczyk’s second pick on TUF 23. Her run ended in the quarterfinals, after which she defeated Kailin Curran and dropped a decision to Viviane Pereira in UFC proper.
    At 5’1,” she is six inches shorter than Moroz, though the reach difference is only two inches.
    Man, that height difference. Moyle’s a capable wrestler and Moroz is too comfortable off of her back, but the other “Iron Lady” should be able to tear apart Moyle on the feet, using that range to stifle Moyle’s takedowns and steadily wear her down. Pereira showed that Moyle can be overpowered on the feet, which certainly bodes well for Moroz, and Moyle is neither the striker Letourneau is nor the takedown artist Esparza is.
    So long as Moroz is busier and more aggressive than she was against Taylor, she should take this comfortably. Moroz pieces her up on the feet for a decision win.
    Prediction: Moroz via unanimous decision

155 lbs.:
    Gleison Tibau vs. Islam Makhachev

Gleison Tibau (32-12) put together a 5-1 streak from 2013 to 2015, beating the likes of Jamie Varner and Norman Parke, before falling short against Tony Ferguson. He bounced back by demolishing Abel Trujillo in 105 seconds, but saw the win overturned to a disqualification loss due to a failed drug test.
    This will be his first fight in 26 months as a result.
    Islam Makhachev (14-1) saw his unbeaten record go up in smoke thanks to a one-punch knockout loss to Adriano Martins, then had insult added to injury when he tested positive for meldonium before a planned fight with Drew Dober. He has since gotten back on track with consecutive decisions over Chris Wade and Nik Lentz.
    He owns six wins by submission and another two by (technical) knockout.
    While Makhachev isn’t quite the physical powerhouse Khabib Nurmagomedov is, I can see him finding success against the Brazilian goliath by applying a similar sort of mindset, relentlessly pushing for takedowns and forcing Tibau to either lose a decision on lack of volume or gas himself out trying to keep up. Tibau isn’t a cardio machine at the best of times and a two-year layoff cannot have helped things.
    The one real concern is whether Makhachev’s mental fortitude can hold up against a man this big and this adept at stuffing takedowns. Having already powered through a brutal knockout loss, I say yes. Tibau starts off strong, but defending Makhachev’s dizzying array of takedowns and trips eventually wears him out enough for the Dagestani to pull ahead.
    Prediction: Makhachev via unanimous decision

JollyRogerMMA
    JollyRogerMMA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Watched UFC 220 Vlog # 1 ........... Ngannou is leaving a vacation in France then is in NYC for Press ... No training to be found

But he was walking up hills eating Chocolate in his last outing vs The Reem and he decapitated him.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

yikes.

fate-choice
    fate-choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

What's a good and trustworthy site that has live mma betting accessible to us customers?

I lean Stipe if he goes for a grappling game plan. But if tries to stand he getting kod. Depends on how he chooses to fight.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

@GoBlue77 - who are you on this weekend?

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

I have to say I think Stipe is in trouble rounds 1-2, he better grind, avoid the hits, and stay alive. But Stipe has fought legit contenders, and hard hitters. He has a decent wrestling background.

Nag? Yes absolutley scary, but I see r1 and r2 on his fights...every last goddamn one of em. Muscle gets heavy, punches get heavy, if this makes it to round 3? Or beyond? Is a r4-r5 TKO by Stipe out of the question?

Are we really prepared to write Stipe completely off? I'm not...

1234 ... Last