JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Stipe is ripe for the uppercut.. Down goes Frazier!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Can Volkan drop DC? DC is getting old, his chin could be showing signs of going...Hmmm? I'm sure DC will go to his wrestling in this one but if he can't get Volkan down at will it could get interesting...

Every time I write this white boy off he comes in and gets the KO or out works his opponent to a decision win... 5 straight wins now...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Volkan-Oezdemir-58503

UFC 220 - Light Heavyweight 5 rounds - TD Garden - Boston, Massachusetts - PPV
    Sat 1/20 1101 Volkan Oezdemir +250 o1˝ -185
    11:30PM 1102 Daniel Cormier -300 u1˝ +160

This is a 5 round fight, not convinced it goes the distance....

1137 Oezdemir wins by TKO/KO +340

Volkan does have some pop in his punches..

fate-choice
    fate-choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

I hope so jibby I hope so.

Have a rizin parlay alive. Need bader over lawal, Meathead over Nelson,. Francis over stipe, and volkan over dc

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Can Volkan drop DC? DC is getting old, his chin could be showing signs of going...Hmmm? I'm sure DC will go to his wrestling in this one but if he can't get Volkan down at will it could get interesting...

Every time I write this white boy off he comes in and gets the KO or out works his opponent to a decision win... 5 straight wins now...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Volkan-Oezdemir-58503

UFC 220 - Light Heavyweight 5 rounds - TD Garden - Boston, Massachusetts - PPV
    Sat 1/20 1101 Volkan Oezdemir +250 o1˝ -185
    11:30PM 1102 Daniel Cormier -300 u1˝ +160

This is a 5 round fight, not convinced it goes the distance....

Volkan does have some pop in his punches..

What decision did he work an opponent to? Oezdemir’s only decision win is a robbery over OSP.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    What decision did he work an opponent to? Oezdemir’s only decision win is a robbery over OSP.
    Back to back decision wins over Alihan Vahaev and then OSP...

Dude is 15-1.. Hard to over look him even when he's going up against DC I think... Like I said every time you write this guy off he surprises you and wins.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Volkan-Oezdemir-58503

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Dude is 15-1.. Hard to over look him even when he's going up against DC I think... Like I said every time you write this guy off he surprises you and wins.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Volkan-Oezdemir-58503
    Gotta go with the dog in this one.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Cormier is bound to regress soon but man did he look good against Jones last time out before that head kick. Cormier is lights years more talented and his chin handled Rumble so it seems like a good play but he has a lot of mileage on him. I'll probably play Cormier -5.5 on the points handicap. Not sure why the only thing out there is -3.5 now.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^I've thought the same thing. Father time always wins but DC looked just fine last fight and was on his way to possibly even winning if he didn't get so cocky.

and "just fine" for DC is basically #2 LHW by a mile. He always performed at a high level, that's his normal.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-16-18 at 01:00 PM.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cormier is going to eat Volkan for breakfast... one of the easiest fights in his career
    people really sleep on DC because his losses to Jones , dudes literally top 3 P4P ever if he doesnt lose those 2 fights against a roided jones

And why are you showing Stipe get tagged in 2012 lollll hes literally 10x better then he was then and would starch struve now
    Stipe has been wrecking hard hitters for years now tbh , none of them have been as athletic as Ngannou thats no argument but this guy literally just started MMA a few years ago, hes coming off huge momentum and one of the nastiest KOS ive ever seen but Stipe is a smart fighter and the champion riding 5 TKOS in a row.... to have him as an underdog is just an obvious bet

betting black and fading asians is probably the worst bet strategy ive literally every heard in my life lmaooooo i thought you were joking a while back about that but it seems like you legitmately follow that rule

thats almost like saying bet every person who wears white shorts in fights or has brown hair and blue eyes
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

DC will be 39 years old in 6 weeks.. No spring chicken anymore....

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by rsynweap84 View Post
    I have to say I think Stipe is in trouble rounds 1-2, he better grind, avoid the hits, and stay alive. But Stipe has fought legit contenders, and hard hitters. He has a decent wrestling background.

Nag? Yes absolutley scary, but I see r1 and r2 on his fights...every last goddamn one of em. Muscle gets heavy, punches get heavy, if this makes it to round 3? Or beyond? Is a r4-r5 TKO by Stipe out of the question?

Are we really prepared to write Stipe completely off? I'm not...
    Stripe is in trouble right when the cage gets locked

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Cormier is going to eat Volkan for breakfast... one of the easiest fights in his career
    people really sleep on DC because his losses to Jones , dudes literally top 3 P4P ever if he doesnt lose those 2 fights against a roided jones

And why are you showing Stipe get tagged in 2012 lollll hes literally 10x better then he was then and would starch struve now
    Stipe has been wrecking hard hitters for years now tbh , none of them have been as athletic as Ngannou thats no argument but this guy literally just started MMA a few years ago, hes coming off huge momentum and one of the nastiest KOS ive ever seen but Stipe is a smart fighter and the champion riding 5 TKOS in a row.... to have him as an underdog is just an obvious bet

betting black and fading asians is probably the worst bet strategy ive literally every heard in my life lmaooooo i thought you were joking a while back about that but it seems like you legitmately follow that rule

thats almost like saying bet every person who wears white shorts in fights or has brown hair and blue eyes
    I want to take stipe bad but I thought overseen had a chance too and if I bet stripe and he gets murdered I would probably knock myself out. At least if I bet ngannou I can handle it if he loses.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I want to take stipe bad but I thought overseen had a chance too and if I bet stripe and he gets murdered I would probably knock myself out. At least if I bet ngannou I can handle it if he loses.
    hahahah , i took overeem as well the odds were juicy... but i didnt think overeem would come in with that terrible gameplan.. very shocked he fought like that

im very sure Stipe wont come out trading bombs in the pocket though, and his wrestling is much higher level then overeem
    im in the same boat but id be mad if stipe won and i didnt bet him at + money.... even though deep down i really want Ngannou to win because i just love his style and his story, so if stipe wins i get money if Ngannou wins im happy deep down hahaha win win
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

firekillex

and like DC said on the MMA HOUR
    he wrecked anthony johnson TWICE , now theyre bringing in the JV Volkan who is a lesser version of AJ

this is light work babyy

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

and like DC said on the MMA HOUR
    he wrecked anthony johnson TWICE , now theyre bringing in the JV Volkan who is a lesser version of AJ

this is light work babyy
    That's what I thought fading Volkan in his last couple fights.. He just finds ways to win.. I can't fade him anymore... He's got a knack for winning as a big under dog every time out lately..

MMA logic does suggest you take DC though.. I'm throwing MMA logic out the window when it comes to Volkan... I'm a believer...

Demonata

That's what I thought fading Volkan in his last couple fights.. He just finds ways to win.. I can't fade him anymore... He's got a knack for winning as a big under dog every time out lately..

MMA logic does suggest you take DC though.. I'm throwing MMA logic out the window when it comes to Volkan... I'm a believer...
    You never bet against Cormier unless it's against Jon Jones. Just like you never bet against the patriots unless Tom Brady is injured. Never bet against the cavs making the finals with LeBron. Never bet against Alabama in first round of college football playoffs.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You never bet against Cormier unless it's against Jon Jones. Just like you never bet against the patriots unless Tom Brady is injured. Never bet against the cavs making the finals with LeBron. Never bet against Alabama in first round of college football playoffs.
    Maybe.. Good point on the flip Dem...

Still can't fade Volkan as I've been burnt to many times...DC got dropped and knocked silly in his last fight.. At 39 he's not getting any younger or better....

MMA is a young mans sport... Look what happen to Anderson Silva at that age, he started to go unconscious alot in fights.. Now Silva gets rocked in every fight when he once sported THE granite chin...

With age comes glass...

Rashad Evans and Chuck Liddell chins went to glass when they got up in age..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-16-18 at 03:21 PM.

firekillex

none of those guys fight like DC at all

tons of older LWH/HWs

DC will take down Volkan at will and he wont be able to do anything about it... age wont matter when hes ontop smothering him
    DC has been hit by huge shots and ate them multiple times tbh, all volkans wins arent against the best competition, hes been impressive thats no doubt at all... but against none elite guys im not thinking he can beat an ELITE talent
    but time will tell, both these top 2 main fights have some heavy hitters and in MMA it only takes one shot

but DC by submission

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

none of those guys fight like DC at all

tons of older LWH/HWs

DC will take down Volkan at will and he wont be able to do anything about it... age wont matter when hes ontop smothering him
    DC has been hit by huge shots and ate them multiple times tbh, all volkans wins arent against the best competition, hes been impressive thats no doubt at all... but against none elite guys im not thinking he can beat an ELITE talent
    but time will tell, both these top 2 main fights have some heavy hitters and in MMA it only takes one shot

but DC by submission

Well if DC can get his wrestling and take downs on then I agree Volkan is toast.. Probably loses by dec

1111 Cormier wins by 5 round decision +303

Volkan has shown he's not an easy take down and he's even harder to hold down from what I remember..

firekillex

when hasnt DC been able to wrestle and get takedowns??
    guy got a split decision over OSP and got wrecked in round 3
    he got tapped by Kelly Anundson a few years ago whos a bum

look at this guys record hes beat 3 decent guys in the UFC ... Cormier has beat much much higher skilled opponents throughout his entire career and taken down guys much much better then Volkan , this dude threw Josh Barnett a 260 lber over his head like it was a child , DC gets a ton of hate but this dude is an animal , looking at his record right now i almost forgot about all these guys hes beat its crazy... id literally not debate hes a top 3 mma fighter of all time

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

1 more always bet on Stipe.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

when hasnt DC been able to wrestle and get takedowns??
    guy got a split decision over OSP and got wrecked in round 3
    he got tapped by Kelly Anundson a few years ago whos a bum

look at this guys record hes beat 3 decent guys in the UFC ... Cormier has beat much much higher skilled opponents throughout his entire career and taken down guys much much better then Volkan , this dude threw Josh Barnett a 260 lber over his head like it was a child , DC gets a ton of hate but this dude is an animal , looking at his record right now i almost forgot about all these guys hes beat its crazy... id literally not debate hes a top 3 mma fighter of all time
    I agree Fire.. You are totally right.. Still I gotta throw MMA logic out the window with this dude Volkan.. He's on a 5 fight win streak, only lost one fight in his MMA career.. He's fighting confident right now. DC is 39, just got his bell rung.. I'm giving Volkan the nod in this one. I just can't pull myself to bet against Volkan anymore..

If this was the DC of 5 years ago I'd be on DC.. I'm big on age when it comes to fading MMA fighters especially when they face big punchers with KO power.. Those chins start to go.. Sure DC took Rumbles best punch but can he take punches when he's a bit gassed out and getting hit with multiple punches now at 39.. I don't think he can..

He may have demons when he steps in the cage again after that head kick he took from JJ also... You lose that mental invincibility when getting KO'd like that.. Just ask Rhonda Rousey...
    Points Awarded:

JC2008 gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

I agree Fire.. You are totally right.. Still I gotta throw MMA logic out the window with this dude Volkan.. He's on a 5 fight win streak, only lost one fight in his MMA career.. He's fighting confident right now. DC is 39, just got his bell rung.. I'm giving Volkan the nod in this one. I just can't pull myself to bet against Volkan anymore..

If this was the DC of 5 years ago I'd be on DC.. I'm big on age when it comes to fading MMA fighters especially when they face big punchers with KO power.. Those chins start to go.. Sure DC took Rumbles best punch but can he take punches when he's a bit gassed out and getting hit with multiple punches now at 39.. I don't think he can..

He may have demons when he steps in the cage again after that head kick he took from JJ also... You lose that mental invincibility when getting KO'd like that.. Just ask Rhonda Rousey...
    Yep... Could see DC getting rocked and stopped then retiring in his post-fight interview. Hopefully he cries again.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    Yep... Could see DC getting rocked and stopped then retiring in his post-fight interview. Hopefully he cries again.
    Yup wish the odds were better for this..

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

Im playing this fight early for DC and all advantage for Volkan after 3 with Volkan by tko just floatin out there.

DC is a wrestling beast but gut shots and cardio after 3 at his age are startin to show.

firekillex

i remember when DC lost to Jones the first time and came back and destroyed a legit killer in Anthony Johnson who is a much bigger threat and supposedly mops the floor with Volkan in training...... I agree Volkan has had some solid finishes lately but if hes beating OSP by split decision he aint beating DC

time will tell though saturday coming soon... or no time?

Hugo de Naranja

He does have some power, especially on short punches in the clinch. Don't forget that the OSP Decision was a robbery.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/774...ce-Saint-Preux

I think Oezdemir needs a KO to win here. Probably early too.

Demonata

He's an amazing fighter and good family man. Deserves a lot of respect. Hopefully he beats that convict ozdemir

Hugo de Naranja

Although I'm picking DC you make some solid points here. If you like Volkan maybe just take him straight at (+260). I just can't get his Kelly Anundson fight (his only loss) out of my head. Dude got dominated and subbed by a similar style matchup to Cormier. Check it out and lemme know what you think.

http://www.bellator.com/fight/9drf2s...olkan-oezdemir
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    yikes.
    How much you got on Ngannou?

TPowell

Are we going to get a Cormier -5.5 line or not?

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    He does have some power, especially on short punches in the clinch. Don't forget that the OSP Decision was a robbery.
    If I remember right, Volkan took the OSP fight on 1 to 2 weeks notice.

Volkan might not have expected to fight in the UFC & may not have been prepared.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    If I remember right, Volkan took the OSP fight on 1 to 2 weeks notice.

Volkan might not have expected to fight in the UFC & may not have been prepared.
    He was training for a Titan FC fight when he got called up.
    Last edited by Hugo de Naranja; 01-16-18 at 09:59 PM.

TPowell

Interesting stuff. Brandon Davis is apparently Jason Knight's striking coach. He's only 27 himself but damn does he look good on the feet. He throws literally everything constantly moving forward and moves his head decently. He still leaves it up sometimes when he throws but he's very impressive on the feet. His fight this summer on the Contender Series was absolutely awesome. Going to check out a couple more of his fights to try and see what his ground game looks like.

TPowell

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/article160289394.html

He's a 1 round beast but I don't like how he slows down after the 1st. I know he throws the kitchen sink at guys and is in their face early throwing good combos but his work rate becomes very average very quick afterwards. His scrambling is actually pretty good IMO. Hard to judge against the talent he's fighting but I haven't saw him flat on his back yet and he's constantly fighting off all types of heel hooks and stuff without ending up on his back which is a good sign.

First 12345 ... Last