1. #1
    THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-25-08
    Posts: 6,433
    Betpoints: 1604

    UFC Fight Night: Pettis vs. Poirier (November 11, 2017)



    FS1, 10:00 pm ET
    Anthony Pettis vs Dustin Poirier
    Matt Brown vs Diego Sanchez
    Junior Albini vs Andrei Arlovski
    Cezar Ferreira vs Nate Marquardt
    Raphael Assuncao vs Matthew Lopez
    Clay Guida vs Joe Lauzon

    FS1, 8:00 pm ET
    John Dodson vs Marlon Moraes
    Viviane Pereira vs Tatiana Suarez
    Sage Northcutt vs Michel Quinones
    Nina Ansaroff vs Angela Hill

    UFC Fight Pass 6:30 pm ET
    Court McGee vs Sean Strickland
    Jake Collier vs Marcel Fortuna
    Karl Roberson vs Darren Stewart



    Points Awarded:

    JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    GunShard gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  2. #2
    Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 8,667
    Betpoints: 3054

    Would you mind starting the thread for the Brunson vs. Machida card?

  3. #3
    THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-25-08
    Posts: 6,433
    Betpoints: 1604

    next....

  4. #4
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 38,591

    Not a long wait between events now.. I like that ...

    Bunch of over the hill washed up cans fighting on this card.. Interesting.. Matt Brown beats the crap out of Diego I think..

    Porrier and Pettis is a hell of a scrap.. Not sure who I pick in that fight???? Pettis a bit more well rounded and diverse with his striking, Porrier probably hits harder and probably is better with his hands.. More power as well.. Fight probably stays standing.....

    Probably not a bad idea to fade Arlovski and Marquardt too. Washed up now are probably both of them..

    Joe Lauzon and Guida is interesting.. Leaning Lauzon if he doesn't get grapple focked.. Lauzon probably ends up on his back though the entire fight.. Guiida by decision maybe in this one..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-06-17 at 10:47 AM.

  5. #5
    PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-08
    Posts: 15,892
    Betpoints: 61

    Did anyone ready about FIGHTPASS and the automatic BITCOIN mining going on.....

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  6. #6
    PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-08
    Posts: 15,892
    Betpoints: 61

    They did it like this....Wonder is their Terms of Use slid it in there...

    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...mining_script/

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  7. #7
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 38,591

    Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    They did it like this....Wonder is their Terms of Use slid it in there...

    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...mining_script/
    Geez, nothing is safe and protected it seems anymore... Everything can be hacked...

  8. #8
    firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-18-13
    Posts: 5,081
    Betpoints: 19433

    amazing free card...
    tons of exciting fights on this

    liking pettis in the main event
    Points Awarded:

    Demonata gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/20/2018

    BTP
    Week 2
    4-1-0 462 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/10/2018

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  9. #9
    firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-18-13
    Posts: 5,081
    Betpoints: 19433

    matt brown +280 decision over diego sanchez hmmmm
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/20/2018

    BTP
    Week 2
    4-1-0 462 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/10/2018

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  10. #10
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 38,591

    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    matt brown +280 decision over diego sanchez hmmmm
    Diego's chin is glass now.. Getting dropped lately.. I'm actually thinking Brown by KO or ITD myself. Matt Brown is tough and brings it standing and probably has the better chin and more punching power out of the 2... Just saying..

    Diego couldn't even knock out Marcin Held either.. Matt Brown won't be trying to ground Diego either like Marcin was... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Diego-Sanchez-4824

    1109 Brown wins inside distance -137




    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-06-17 at 07:55 PM.

  11. #11
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 13,952
    Betpoints: 27

    tough call in the main event but I'd probably have to go with Poirier

    Poirier is more of a dog and gritty as hell

    I've questioned for awhile if Pettis has his heart 100% on fighting...seems like he is worried about fashion and whether his eyebrows are on fleek etc etc
    Points Awarded:

    PaperTrail07 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/17/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/10/2018

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  12. #12
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 12,932
    Betpoints: 9644

    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    matt brown +280 decision over diego sanchez hmmmm
    I wouldn't drust dumbass diego Sanchez lasting that long.

  13. #13
    GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-20-11
    Posts: 9,166
    Betpoints: 19051

    first impression, matt brown is only bet i like

  14. #14
    Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 8,667
    Betpoints: 3054

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    first impression, matt brown is only bet i like
    Do you think he finishes Diego here? I do

  15. #15
    Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 8,667
    Betpoints: 3054

    Dustin Poirier is the nicest UFC fighter that I've met in person. Dude is a class act and a true fighter

  16. #16
    turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-15-08
    Posts: 2,217
    Betpoints: 654

    We got a Magic vs Magician fight in Moraes vs Dodson here.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/13/2018


  17. #17
    PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-08
    Posts: 15,892
    Betpoints: 61

    Card has AMAZING potential

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  18. #18
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 12,932
    Betpoints: 9644

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Do you think he finishes Diego here? I do
    Not sure, doego drinks kangan water

  19. #19
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 38,591

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Dustin Poirier is the nicest UFC fighter that I've met in person. Dude is a class act and a true fighter
    Anthony Pettis is usually losing fights by decision these days when he's taken down by superior wrestlers or just out worked, he can surely hold his own standing though.. I still can't believe Showtime Pettis has lost 4 of his last 6 fights.. He has faced the best in the division during that stretch to his credit and he mostly lost those fights by decision...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Pettis-26627

    Dustin Poirer has looked pretty good in recent fights.. I'd have to say DP has not fought the same level of competition that Showtime has faced recently though.. Something to think about..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Pettis-26627

    Tough call as both fighters are tough outs and solid standing...

    FS1 Main Card



    Dustin
    Poirier
    "The Diamond"
    vs
    Anthony
    Pettis
    "Showtime"

    UNITED STATES
    Country
    UNITED STATES

    21-5-0, 1NC
    Record
    20-6-0

    48%
    KO/TKO
    50%

    29%
    SUB
    30%

    24%
    DEC
    15%

    69 in
    Height
    70 in

    155 lbs
    Weight
    155 lbs

    72 in
    Reach
    72 in

    40 in
    Leg Reach
    40 in

  20. #20
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 38,591

    I'm starting to lean Showtime Pettis now.. He's hard to finish.. Remember this a 5 round fight too...

    I'm thinking of playing this... Still capping this fight though.. Just going over all the props now..

    1060 Pettis (scorecards = no action) -154

  21. #21
    Sanity Check
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-13
    Posts: 2,271
    Betpoints: 6664

    Andrei Arlovski is training @ american top team for this 1.

    Would be amazing if he can reinvent himself a 2nd time.

  22. #22
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 13,952
    Betpoints: 27

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Anthony Pettis is usually losing fights by decision these days when he's taken down by superior wrestlers or just out worked, he can surely hold his own standing though.. I still can't believe Showtime Pettis has lost 4 of his last 6 fights.. He has faced the best in the division during that stretch to his credit and he mostly lost those fights by decision...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Pettis-26627

    Dustin Poirer has looked pretty good in recent fights.. I'd have to say DP has not fought the same level of competition that Showtime has faced recently though.. Something to think about..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Pettis-26627

    Tough call as both fighters are tough outs and solid standing...

    FS1 Main Card



    Dustin
    Poirier
    "The Diamond"
    vs
    Anthony
    Pettis
    "Showtime"

    UNITED STATES
    Country
    UNITED STATES

    21-5-0, 1NC
    Record
    20-6-0

    48%
    KO/TKO
    50%

    29%
    SUB
    30%

    24%
    DEC
    15%

    69 in
    Height
    70 in

    155 lbs
    Weight
    155 lbs

    72 in
    Reach
    72 in

    40 in
    Leg Reach
    40 in
    exactly..Pettis is not a true fighter whose heart is all in on his career and improving/evolving

    he is more of an athlete that happened to be good at fighting

    he had a lot of success early in his career, made his money and is satisfied

    just my opinion of course, but I think that is why he has been a shell of his former self for awhile now
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/17/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/10/2018

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  23. #23
    PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-08
    Posts: 15,892
    Betpoints: 61

    Sage back to 155....

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  24. #24
    WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-05-17
    Posts: 70
    Betpoints: 1803

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    exactly..Pettis is not a true fighter whose heart is all in on his career and improving/evolving
    he is more of an athlete that happened to be good at fighting
    he had a lot of success early in his career, made his money and is satisfied
    just my opinion of course, but I think that is why he has been a shell of his former self for awhile now
    I feel like if this were true, more of his losses would be via finish instead of decision. Pettis just seems like a gatekeeper more than anything.
    Points Awarded:

    Demonata gave WolfTicketDealer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  25. #25
    firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-18-13
    Posts: 5,081
    Betpoints: 19433

    pettis will be the better fighter/ athlete but i do agree porier has more dog in him...
    i think this fight ends in a finish regardless , weve seen porier hurt in his last few fights and pettis has looked beatable as well

    very good scrap imo
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/20/2018

    BTP
    Week 2
    4-1-0 462 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/10/2018

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  26. #26
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 38,591

    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    pettis will be the better fighter/ athlete but i do agree porier has more dog in him...
    i think this fight ends in a finish regardless , weve seen porier hurt in his last few fights and pettis has looked beatable as well

    very good scrap imo
    Yep I think Pettis has the better chin out of the 2.. Poririer has been rocked in fights, you don't see Pettis out on his feet ever.. I think Pettis has a chance at the finish more then Porrier does. That's why I was thinking of this bet earlier...

    1060 Pettis (scorecards = no action) -154


    These props are worth taking notice of also...

    1009 Pettis wins inside distance +146

    1041 Pettis wins by TKO/KO +310

    1007 Poirier wins by 5 round decision +365

  27. #27
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 13,952
    Betpoints: 27

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yep I think Pettis has the better chin out of the 2.. Poririer has been rocked in fights, you don't see Pettis out on his feet ever.. I think Pettis has a chance at the finish more then Porrier does. That's why I was thinking of this bet earlier...

    1060 Pettis (scorecards = no action) -154


    These props are worth taking notice of also...

    1009 Pettis wins inside distance +146

    1041 Pettis wins by TKO/KO +310

    1007 Poirier wins by 5 round decision +365
    I can't remember the last time Pettis has rocked somebody standing up?

    he doesn;t really have heavy hands at all, i think Poirier is more likely to KO him

    not saying he won't win the fight, I just won't ever back him due to my theory
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/17/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/10/2018

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  28. #28
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 38,591

    I'm thinking Guida is washed up.. I don't think he pulls off the 3 round ground and pound win over Joe Lauzon. Guida's wrestling isn't as good anymore.. His take downs have fallen off as well in recent fights..

    Guida has never had the best standup and Lauzon has the striking advantage.. Joe's submission game isn't shabbly either.. I'm taking a close look at this, I could see Joe rocking Guida standing then jumping on his back and choking him out maybe.... Although 3 of Joe's last 4 wins have come by KO.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Joe-Lauzon-4923

    1533 Lauzon wins by TKO/KO +480


    1531 Lauzon wins by submission +400

    The safer play is ITD

    1509 Lauzon wins inside distance +256



    If the old Guida showed up this would be a no brainer below. The old Guida is long gone and history now IMO...

    1507 Guida wins by 3 round decision +180

  29. #29
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 38,591

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I can't remember the last time Pettis has rocked somebody standing up?

    he doesn;t really have heavy hands at all, i think Poirier is more likely to KO him

    not saying he won't win the fight, I just won't ever back him due to my theory
    What? Most of Showtimes wins have come by KO then SUB.. Pettis has finishes if 4 of his last 5 wins and those have come either by KO or Sub... Check for yourself Jakester.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Pettis-26627

    His last fight he went the distance with Jim Miller and Jim Miller is DAMN hard to finish..

    I actually just think I'm gonna take Pettis straight after all this.. Maybe Pettis could win a decision against Porrier if he doesn't stop him..

  30. #30
    UncleChael
    TonyFergusonMMA
    UncleChael's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-13
    Posts: 3,095
    Betpoints: 72

    I like the avatar Jibbbers, I never doubted him once.

  31. #31
    Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 8,667
    Betpoints: 3054

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Anthony Pettis is usually losing fights by decision these days when he's taken down by superior wrestlers or just out worked, he can surely hold his own standing though.. I still can't believe Showtime Pettis has lost 4 of his last 6 fights.. He has faced the best in the division during that stretch to his credit and he mostly lost those fights by decision...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Pettis-26627

    Dustin Poirer has looked pretty good in recent fights.. I'd have to say DP has not fought the same level of competition that Showtime has faced recently though.. Something to think about..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Pettis-26627

    Tough call as both fighters are tough outs and solid standing...

    FS1 Main Card



    Dustin
    Poirier
    "The Diamond"
    vs
    Anthony
    Pettis
    "Showtime"

    UNITED STATES
    Country
    UNITED STATES

    21-5-0, 1NC
    Record
    20-6-0

    48%
    KO/TKO
    50%

    29%
    SUB
    30%

    24%
    DEC
    15%

    69 in
    Height
    70 in

    155 lbs
    Weight
    155 lbs

    72 in
    Reach
    72 in

    40 in
    Leg Reach
    40 in
    I'm going with Dustin Decision here

  32. #32
    Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 8,667
    Betpoints: 3054

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm starting to lean Showtime Pettis now.. He's hard to finish.. Remember this a 5 round fight too...

    I'm thinking of playing this... Still capping this fight though.. Just going over all the props now..

    1060 Pettis (scorecards = no action) -154
    Not a bad way to play it if you like Pettis. He is definitely more durable.

  33. #33
    Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 8,667
    Betpoints: 3054

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I can't remember the last time Pettis has rocked somebody standing up?

    he doesn;t really have heavy hands at all, i think Poirier is more likely to KO him

    not saying he won't win the fight, I just won't ever back him due to my theory
    I think Pettis has by far the better kicks and Poirier has by far the better hands

  34. #34
    Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 8,667
    Betpoints: 3054

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm thinking Guida is washed up.. I don't think he pulls off the 3 round ground and pound win over Joe Lauzon. Guida's wrestling isn't as good anymore.. His take downs have fallen off as well in recent fights..

    Guida has never had the best standup and Lauzon has the striking advantage.. Joe's submission game isn't shabbly either.. I'm taking a close look at this, I could see Joe rocking Guida standing then jumping on his back and choking him out maybe.... Although 3 of Joe's last 4 wins have come by KO.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Joe-Lauzon-4923

    1533 Lauzon wins by TKO/KO +480


    1531 Lauzon wins by submission +400

    The safer play is ITD

    1509 Lauzon wins inside distance +256



    If the old Guida showed up this would be a no brainer below. The old Guida is long gone and history now IMO...

    1507 Guida wins by 3 round decision +180
    He did win his last fight as an underdog with a vintage performance against Koch though

  35. #35
    Hugo de Naranja
    Risk a Little, Win a Lot
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 8,667
    Betpoints: 3054

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    What? Most of Showtimes wins have come by KO then SUB.. Pettis has finishes if 4 of his last 5 wins and those have come either by KO or Sub... Check for yourself Jakester.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Pettis-26627

    His last fight he went the distance with Jim Miller and Jim Miller is DAMN hard to finish..

    I actually just think I'm gonna take Pettis straight after all this.. Maybe Pettis could win a decision against Porrier if he doesn't stop him..
    Pettis hasn't had a KO/TKO win since Donald Cerrone in 2013. He's been more of a guard submission grappler in recent finishes (Oliveira, Melendez, Henderson)

1234 ... Last
Top