Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    gave me a good laugh
    Happy to amuse you fire

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

but arm bars and length dont really have any correlation imo
    the hardest thing for longer lanky guys is getting out of a side control position because its hard to move your long legs back into a half guard for a sweep.... most longer guys like being on bottom in a grappling exchange because they can throw up triangles and stuff with their long legs, also when having the back throwing on a body triangle is deadly while going for a choke... in the end its what your style is but you want to match your style with your body type for maximum potential..
    Yeah I hated getting taken down when I faught. I'm tall and lanky so when I was on my back I felt like I was planted there like a tree lol. I liked standing and using reach and height advantage. I didn't mind full guard because then still felt like I had access to my legs to go for triangle or force the standup if I held his arms and hands to my chest.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

ya im 6'2 and i actually prefer being on my back in grappling training imo... easier to get subs up and butterfly guards for sweeps
    when im on peoples backs i also throw a body triangle on too.... but its true when somebodys ontop side control on me and its heavy 200 lb+ guy its much harder to scramble out of position....
    standing up theres positives and negatives to being longer of course you want to box / strike at distance and not dirty box in the clinch unless youre throwing knees but youre not doing that in training

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

ya im 6'2 and i actually prefer being on my back in grappling training imo... easier to get subs up and butterfly guards for sweeps
    when im on peoples backs i also throw a body triangle on too.... but its true when somebodys ontop side control on me and its heavy 200 lb+ guy its much harder to scramble out of position....
    standing up theres positives and negatives to being longer of course you want to box / strike at distance and not dirty box in the clinch unless youre throwing knees but youre not doing that in training
    Yeah but when someone's dropping elbows or bombs on you while on your back it hurts like hell. Nothing is easy during that lol. Training it's not bad because you don't have to worry about stuff like that so can have a clear head.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Tucker -215, 3u
    Pedro +105, 2u
    That's it for now. Good luck all. Might add some as we go.
    I also added 1u on Schev split between rd 4 and rd 5.

Card Total: 0-4, -6u

YTD: 82-74, +14.85

Pretty crappy card. Not much else to say. The blue chippers let me down.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I also added 1u on Schev split between rd 4 and rd 5.

Card Total: 0-4, -6u

YTD: 82-74, +14.85

Pretty crappy card. Not much else to say. The blue chippers let me down.
    You were able to get that live? What were the odds on that?

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Just saw this... didn't get live. Added right before the fight started. I don't recall the odds now since I lost and it's out of mind but I think around 1500 and 1700? I think.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Just saw this... didn't get live. Added right before the fight started. I don't recall the odds now since I lost and it's out of mind but I think around 1500 and 1700? I think.
    That makes sense. I was reading this as you added 1u on Split Decision as a live-bet between Rounds 4 and 5

First ... 5678