THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 (October 08, 2016)

PPV, 10 p.m. ET
    Michael Bisping vs Dan Henderson (for middleweight championship)
    Vitor Belfort vs Gegard Mousasi
    Jimi Manuwa vs Ovince sanit Preux
    Stefan Struve vs Daniel Omielanczuk
    Mirsad Bektic vs Arnold Allen

Fox Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Brad Pickett vs Iuri Alcantara
    Rob Font vs Ian Entwistle
    Davey Grant vs Damian Stasiak
    Leon Edwards vs Albert Tumenov

UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET
    Danny Roberts vs Mike Perry
    Leonardo Santos vs Andriano Martins
    Reza Madadi vs Marc Diakiese

Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GunShard gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

THE_LOCKSMITH

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Yessir Cant Wait

THE_LOCKSMITH

nexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt, the pikey card

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

- Watch as the stars of UFC 204, Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson, meet for the first on Friday, August 19 at 5pm/2pm live from the Marquee Ballroom at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

richie360
    richie360's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9202

Lot of these fights aren't going to last long.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by richie360 View Post
    Lot of these fights aren't going to last long.
    That's what I thought about the last one but I was wrong. Thinking that if my bets are highly exposed to finishes (i.e. lots of ITD and round props) that I'll hedge with the overs on decisions for small in the future.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Looks like mostly favorites.

Anyone see dogs they like?

Bisping says he's walking out to "today is gonna be the day that they throw it back to you".

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

DO lay and pray Struve or is this jump in skill/size too big for him?

Sanity Check

Without having seen any of Daniel Omielanczuk's recent fights, I would say he needs the takedown to win.

If its a 3 round kickboxing match, Struve via decision or KO/TKO.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11478

Great card!!!! Liking it alot..

Main event do you dare try and gamble on the 46 year old H-Bomb landing again? Hendo is old as hell but he did get past Hector Lombard which I thought was a miracle in his last fight. He gets rocked in every fight now but still is finding ways to win.. if he lands something big fighters still drop and go to sleep..

Bisping not a heavy hitter and probably not a better Grappler then Dan. I just can't see Hendo laying down in this fight to Bisping.. American pride still on the line.. Would round out a story book worthy career if Hendo wins the belt and then retires..

Think I'm gonna gamble on Hendo again at those odds.. Fock it...

UFC 204 - Middleweight 5 rounds - Manchester Arena - Manchester, England, United Kingdom - PPV
    Sat 10/8 1001 Dan Henderson +195 o2½ +105
    11:30PM 1002 Michael Bisping -235 u2½ -125

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Great card!!!! Liking it alot..

Main event do you dare try and gamble on the 46 year old H-Bomb landing again? Hendo is old as hell but he did get past Hector Lombard which I thought was a miracle in his last fight. He gets rocked in every fight now but still is finding ways to win.. if he lands something big fighters still drop and go to sleep..

Bisping not a heavy hitter and probably not a better Grappler then Dan. I just can't see Hendo laying down in this fight to Bisping.. American pride still on the line.. Would round out a story book worthy career if Hendo wins the belt and then retires..

Think I'm gonna gamble on Hendo again at those odds.. Fock it...

UFC 204 - Middleweight 5 rounds - Manchester Arena - Manchester, England, United Kingdom - PPV
    Sat 10/8 1001 Dan Henderson +195 o2½ +105
    11:30PM 1002 Michael Bisping -235 u2½ -125

I think Dan having already beat Bisping via devastating KO will be a huge mental advantage. Bisping will be consciously trying to avoid that big blow and might overthink things and get caught. I think Dan basically has one path to victory here but it's a viable one. As a hedge Bisping decision has a ton of value. Even though Dan's chin is pretty suspect I see Bisping outpointing him handily if he doesn't get caught. Bisping may get a late finish due to accumulation but I'm not sold on him as a "one punch KO" kind of guy.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Yep Hendo ko prop for best value, hedge Bisbing by unanimous decision if you wanna play it hedging.. Agreed Hugo..

1047 Bisping wins by 5 round unanimous dec
    +450

1037 Henderson wins by TKO/KO
    +310

Hugo de Naranja

^^ Yep Hendo ko prop for best value, hedge Bisbing by unanimous decision if you wanna play it hedging.. Agreed Hugo..

1047 Bisping wins by 5 round unanimous dec
    +450

1037 Henderson wins by TKO/KO
    +310
    Yup! Locked them in a couple days ago so I'm all ready to go for the main event.

Hugo de Naranja

Wouldn't be shocked to see Bisping get the KO but the value is definitely on the decision prop since he's such a volume-focused guy. Also almost certain that he wins a unanimous (rather than a split) if it goes the distance.

Sanity Check

^

That moment when someone jumps you and you're scared it could be Dan Henderson.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Sanity Check 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    DO lay and pray Struve or is this jump in skill/size too big for him?
    Tough fight to call, I guess I'm leaning Struve by decision or KO if he doesn't get knocked out first trying...

Big height advantage that's for sure...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Liking OSP straight and probably gonna go with Mousasi ITD and hedge with Vitor KO prop...
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- It's a legendary night when the UFC heads to Manchester, England for UFC 204 on Oct. 8. Icons Michael Bisping & Dan Henderson clash for the middleweight title in a rematch years in making. Plus legends Vitor Belfort & Gegard Mousasi hook up in the co-main event.

Hugo de Naranja

Hendo Scorecards = No Action (+183) is worth a look

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- Dan Henderson on Title Shot vs Bisping, Retirement and More on Inside MMA.

- Robin Black is back to break down the main event at UFC 204, the rematch between Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Hendo Scorecards = No Action (+183) is worth a look
    Maybe but Bisbing could stick and move all fight like he did with Anderson Silva... Tough call even at those odds as this thing could go all five rounds if Bisbing is on his horse and Hendo can't find his chin...

Still like Hendo by KO hedge with Bisbing by UN decision.. Like I said I don't see Hendo getting knocked out in this one.. Too much on the line..

Bisbing ain't gonna come forward like he did with Luke Rockhold and get the lucky clip I don't think. He'll remember that Hendo right hand and what it did to him.. Besides Hendo kinda crouches when he's standing.. I see Bisbing fight exactly like he did against Anderson Silva..

Hugo de Naranja

Maybe but Bisbing could stick and move all fight like he did with Anderson Silva... Tough call even at those odds as this thing could go all five rounds if Bisbing is on his horse and Hendo can't find his chin...

Still like Hendo by KO hedge with Bisbing by UN decision.. Like I said I don't see Hendo getting knocked out in this one.. Too much on the line..

Bisbing ain't gonna come forward like he did with Luke Rockhold and get the lucky clip I don't think. He'll remember that Hendo right hand and what it did to him.. Besides Hendo kinda crouches when he's standing.. I see Bisbing fight exactly like he did against Anderson Silva..
    Yeah that's what I mean. Cashes if Hendo knocks Bisping out, pushes if it goes to decision.

richie360
    richie360's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9202

Yeah that's what I mean. Cashes if Hendo knocks Bisping out, pushes if it goes to decision.
    No chance this fight goes to decision, in my eyes anyway.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by richie360 View Post
    No chance this fight goes to decision, in my eyes anyway.
    What makes you say that? Doubtful about Hendo's chin?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

A historic Pride fight relived here.. Mousasi vs Vitor Belfort

Thinking Mousasi over the old no juicing Vitor has to be the call.. Hedge with Vitor KO as that is probably his only pathway to victory against Mousasi.. Mousasi doesn't have a granite chin so that's why I'm thinking hedge just in case.

1133 Belfort wins by TKO/KO
    +400

Mousasi is more well rounded, better technical striker and can certainly hold his own on the ground especially from top position. Vitor really gets mauled these days by strong wrestlers.. Mousasi isn't a strong wrestler but I think he looks to take down Vitor in this one.. Beats him up on the ground and stops him maybe even by RNC....http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Gegard-Mousasi-7466

I just don't see Mousasi playing around with Vitor for too long on the feet.. Mousasi does have well timed take downs when he looks for them.. Deceptively good with that.. There is also a chance of Mousasi rocking Belfort standing then getting down that way also..

1127 Mousasi wins by submission
    +580

Odds are heavy on the ITD for Mousasi

1105 Mousasi wins inside distance

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-04-16 at 11:01 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

No action if it goes the distance could be worth it now that I really think about it.. Not a bad prop call at all.. Hendo by KO or no action if it goes the distance.. I think I like it.. Thanks Hugo I'll probably play that..

1059 Henderson (scorecards = no action)
    +183
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

OSP by KO against Manuwa could be the call in this fight.. Manuwa has been dropped in 2 of his last 3 fights.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jimi-Manuwa-37528

OSP could be determined and looking to rebound well after coming off that Jon Jones decision loss anyways..

1229 Saint Preux wins by TKO/KO
    +125

The more conservative play just incase OSP takes it decision..

1239 Saint Preux (scorecards = no action)

Hugo de Naranja

OSP by KO against Manuwa could be the call in this fight.. Manuwa has been dropped in 2 of his last 3 fights.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jimi-Manuwa-37528

OSP could be determined and looking to rebound well after coming off that Jon Jones decision loss anyways..

+125

The more conservative play just incase OSP takes it decision..

1239 Saint Preux (scorecards = no action)
    I think it's pretty unlikely that OSP gets finished here. Liking OSP straight and sub hedged with Manuwa Decision

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

I think it's pretty unlikely that OSP gets finished here. Liking OSP straight and sub hedged with Manuwa Decision
    Manuwa can land one shot and put out OVINCES lights out if he isn't careful and doesn't mix in his takedowns. Manuwa is the real deal and hes a nasty striker. Gus and AJ both went for the takedown against him.

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Manuwa can land one shot and put out OVINCES lights out if he isn't careful and doesn't mix in his takedowns. Manuwa is the real deal and hes a nasty striker. Gus and AJ both went for the takedown against him.
    Manuwa's only chance of a KO is a headkick and with OSP being 4 inches taller i dont see it happen, i think he's gonna struggle a lot with OSP southpaw stance because he loves the leg kicks so much.

I like OSP because he is more well rounded and proven, while Manuwa has been destroyed vs the elite talent he faced.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post
    Manuwa's only chance of a KO is a headkick and with OSP being 4 inches taller i dont see it happen, i think he's gonna struggle a lot with OSP southpaw stance because he loves the leg kicks so much.

I like OSP because he is more well rounded and proven, while Manuwa has been destroyed vs the elite talent he faced.
    Maunwa's record is pretty padded and a lot of his stoppages come due to injury or retirement.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Well then here are your options.. OSP wins ITD as hugo suggests due to KO, retirement or injury of Manuwa... All considered a technical KO if it happens.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jimi-Manuwa-37528

1205 Saint Preux wins inside distance

+125

Then we have the heavy handed Manuwa by KO as his only pathway to victory most likely.. Remember OSP has a solid chin though only KO'd once and a long time ago.. He wasn't out cold either..... May take a sledge hammer to knock out OSP cold perhaps.. Just saying..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ovince-St-Preux-38842

1233 Manuwa wins by TKO/KO
    +233

This is your basic betting options outside of the prop play..

UFC 204 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - Manchester Arena - Manchester, England, United Kingdom - PPV
    Sat 10/8 1201 Ovince Saint Preux -160 o1½ +130
    10:30PM 1202 Jimi Manuwa +140 u1½ -150

The Virgil KO of OSP and a VERY clean shot, almost out cold but he wasn't... Many years ago in 2009..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-04-16 at 07:39 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post

Rumble dropped him like a bad habit.. Chin is suspect and OSP can tap it maybe..

Gus lit him up too..

I personally think OSP by KO is the call....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-04-16 at 07:50 PM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- From his early days growing up in Manchester, to his first professional fight, to his ten year battle to become UFC world champion, we speak to all the key figures in his life who who have influenced him over the years - his family and friends, coaches trainers and fighters all of whom have contributed to the moulding of the career of the UK's first UFC Champion.

1234 ... Last