JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11478

We have to wait til November for the next UFC event.. Yipes!!!!

Long wait between events coming up.. Maybe needed though to recharge and regroup..
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^it is rough, nearly a month before next event. Bad timing too because I like to parlay with football teams so a lot of wasted weeks coming up. Just not the norm anymore but at least they are coming back with the best card ever. These rumors about conor being ko'd this morning are entertaining.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol yeah I saw that Brooks.. I don't think it is rumors either..

McGregor gets KO'd in sparring session.. http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/conor...hile-sparring/

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Lol yeah I saw that Brooks.. I don't think it is rumors either..

McGregor gets KO'd in sparring session.. http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/conor...hile-sparring/
    I forgot to ask you earlier Jibs but why don't you trust Mousasi's chin? I don't rate him as a top 5 MW yet but I think his chin is actually excellent.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I forgot to ask you earlier Jibs but why don't you trust Mousasi's chin? I don't rate him as a top 5 MW yet but I think his chin is actually excellent.
    I've always been a big fan of Mousasi, now that juicing is regulated better I think he has a chance to make a legit run for the title..

His chin is not granite but it held up well against Vitor.. Uriah Hall clipped that chin a dropped him is why I said I don't fully trust his chin.. Mousasi is solid though and surely doesn't have a glass jaw either..

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I've always been a big fan of Mousasi, now that juicing is regulated better I think he has a chance to make a legit run for the title..

His chin is not granite but it held up well against Vitor.. Uriah Hall clipped that chin a dropped him is why I said I don't fully trust his chin.. Mousasi is solid though and surely doesn't have a glass jaw either..
    The reason I think he's actually quite solid in that department is that was the only KO/TKO loss of his career. Hall hit him with a flush spinning kick AND a flying knee AND like 20 punches and elbows and Mousasi was STILL not unconscious.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

- On this edition of The MMA H.E.A.T. Podcast With Karyn Bryant, Karyn and UFC Welterweight Alan Jouban discuss the action that went down at UFC 204, where #UFC Middleweight Champ Michael Bisping retained his title after going five incredible rounds with Dan Henderson. Karyn and Alan debate the scorecards and share their thoughts on who should be the next challenger. They also react to Gegard Mousasi’s dominant win over Vitor Belfort in the co-main event and Jimi Manuwa’s huge KO of OSP. They also discuss the $150,000 fine Conor McGregor received from NSAC for his bottle-throwing melee at the #UFC 202 press conference.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    - On this edition of The MMA H.E.A.T. Podcast With Karyn Bryant, Karyn and UFC Welterweight Alan Jouban discuss the action that went down at UFC 204, where #UFC Middleweight Champ Michael Bisping retained his title after going five incredible rounds with Dan Henderson. Karyn and Alan debate the scorecards and share their thoughts on who should be the next challenger. They also react to Gegard Mousasi’s dominant win over Vitor Belfort in the co-main event and Jimi Manuwa’s huge KO of OSP. They also discuss the $150,000 fine Conor McGregor received from NSAC for his bottle-throwing melee at the #UFC 202 press conference.
    Is this podcast usually pretty good? I've never watched it before but I'm a big fan of Alan Jouban

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Is this podcast usually pretty good? I've never watched it before but I'm a big fan of Alan Jouban
    Ofcourse there are other podcasts out there regarding UFC 204. But I prefer to watch this one first. Podcast with a pro UFC fighter and Karyn Bryant is the face of FOX UFC she lives and breathes mma, knows her stuff.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Ofcourse there are other podcasts out there regarding UFC 204. But I prefer to watch this one first. Podcast with a pro UFC fighter and Karyn Bryant is the face of FOX UFC she lives and breathes mma, knows her stuff.
    Good to know

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

The reason I think he's actually quite solid in that department is that was the only KO/TKO loss of his career. Hall hit him with a flush spinning kick AND a flying knee AND like 20 punches and elbows and Mousasi was STILL not unconscious.
    Exactly. That shot could have ko'd anyone on the spot.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Sato 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Anyone think Diego has a chance as the dog at +210 against Marcin Held next month?.. This fight sticks out to me already as a good dog try. Style match up really favors Diego I believe..

UFC Fight Night 98 - Lightweight 3 rounds - Arena Cuidad de Mexico - Mexico City, Mexico - UFC Fight Pass
    Sat 11/5 1301 Diego Sanchez +210 o2½ -155
    10:30PM 1302 Marcin Held -250 u2½ +135

Held is mostly a one trick pony with his leg locks.. Diego is a solid wrestler with a legit black belt back ground.. Good take down defense as well.. Diego Sanchez should be the bully in the stand up. Held isn't all that standing.... I know Diego just got KO'd by Joe Lauzon and I don't see that happening again with Held..

Diego will punish Held with face strikes if they get to rolling and Held goes for the legs.. Remember Diego has very mean and nasty ground and pound game if he's in top position.. Diego has decent submission chokes as well offensive with his Jits....

I'm liking Diego Sanchez's chances in this rebound fight.. That is if Diego hasn't totally gotten to can status yet and is a broken fighter with a glass jaw now....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-11-16 at 12:46 PM.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^still can't believe diego won that fight

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- Take a slow motion trip through some of the highlights of UFC 204, featuring the middleweight title fight rematch between Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- After UFC 204, MMA Fighting's E. Casey Leydon takes a look back at an interesting fight week in Manchester, England.

- MMA Fighting's Esther Lin looks back at her favorite photos from UFC 204.

First ... 6789