JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Both Elias and Brunson are top flight MWs and I did take Elias in the fight against Alvey. I just think Casey's nowhere near there level.
    Brunson maybe a top MW, Elias is garbage on a stick.. Sam Alvey was stuck in cement fighting Elias..

I also had a play on Elias... Still to this day that may go down as one of the worst fights I've ever witnessed, it would painful for me to have to rewatch that fight on video just put it that way..
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Brunson maybe a top MW, Elias is garbage on a stick.. Sam Alvey was stuck in cement fighting Elias..

I also had a play on Elias... Still to this day that may go down as one of the worst fights I've ever witnessed, it would painful for me to have to rewatch that fight on video just put it that way..
    I remember from pre-fight interviews that Alvey's wife decided he should fight Elias, a great matchup they thought. lol

Wtf! https://rutube.ru/video/22371398d610...c174/?ref=logo
    Last edited by Thrilla; 08-25-16 at 08:02 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Yep Thrilla killa.. Tough to bet on a guy that loses to Elias.. Always bet on black when in doubt..

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

3.5 over at -130 is interesting for the Condit looks playable to me.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

elias isnt even that bad tbh he could be a gatekeeper for the division possibly crack top 15 one day.. hes 12-1 only loss to thiago santos who is a beast, elias would starch kevin casey imo ... alvey by tko/ko is the play for me here

also seen a few videos on pettis.... he is looking TERRIBLE dropping from 155 to 145 i didnt think it would effect him much but by the looks of him im worried about this fight now going to wait for the weigh ins to see how he looks before putting that play in for sure if he still looks super bad oliveria might be the play if hes over +160 .... well see tomorrow at weigh ins im hoping he comes out looking a bit better i was really liking pettis in this spot
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I see +160 - +180

looks like the ppl who don't do much research are pounding Pettis
    as a "reasonably expected" favorite. Pettis desperation to stay
    relevant can work against him, Oliveira will set traps.
    good luck with your +$ bet.

I'm on pettis for 1k saturday night.

looks like jibber disagrees again, not surprised

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Jibby for the love of god, don't put your money on Casey. He's a PED wasteland. Guy has no gas tank, no technique on the feet, and an awful chin. He's facing a guy who picks his shots well and has a lot of power. Casey will try to bully him with takedowns and when that fails, he goes night night
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave TPowell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

^^ Yep Thrilla killa.. Tough to bet on a guy that loses to Elias.. Always bet on black when in doubt..

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    good luck with your +$ bet.

I'm on pettis for 1k saturday night.

looks like jibber disagrees again, not surprised

I feel like this is the correct side as well. It is very hard to bet on pettis having lost three fights subsequently. Its a tough bet to make.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

"Anthony Pettis looks gaunt, grotesque following cut to 145 pounds"

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post

Dog or Pass. Feeling great about my Oliveira bets.

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post

Pettis looks like a crack fiend on the corner. What's more, is he needs to lose 6 more pounds after this interview. He used to be a smooth, clean looking guy getting all the hot ladies. My, how we can fall from grace. Think he'd get another gig with his picture on a cereal box? Looking at this makes you lose your appetite. Easy bet for me on Oliveira.
    Last edited by Rich Benjamins; 08-26-16 at 12:23 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hugo de Naranja

Hugo de Naranja

Yeah I think Brunson is fringe top 5, Elias fringe top 15. We'll see how this one goes

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    big fan and maia is still terrible for the sport. His BJJ is not what is winning him fights. Anyone cal slap on a rnc, he just manhandles people and doesn't risk much until they are desperate. Very boring to watch.

also doesn't help he isn't a title contender. The only thing he is doing is preventing entertaining matchups for the belt because he sure as hell isn't going to provide one.

lol and I read an interview yesterday how maia isn't even interested in the belt anymore. Just boring fights.

firekillex

lol and I read an interview yesterday how maia isn't even interested in the belt anymore. Just boring fights.
    Literally seen an interview of him yesterday saying the title is his dream and how this is a title contender fight .... Regardless I don't see him beating Woodley or wonderboy tbh

Hugo de Naranja

It appears Chad Laprise may have missed weight.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

It appears Chad Laprise may have missed weight.
    Damn, that can be costly. Never know what to expect when i have money on a fighter that misses weight.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Damn, that can be costly. Never know what to expect when i have money on a fighter that misses weight.
    The simple fact that they missed weight isn't as important to me as how they look on the scale. If he looks drained and still failed to make weight that's a problem.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Brooksie where you come up with this hog wash???
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

The simple fact that they missed weight isn't as important to me as how they look on the scale. If he looks drained and still failed to make weight that's a problem.
    Weighed in at 159... Just watched weigh ins nobody looked terrible but it didn't show Pettis (146) or laprise (159) will tread lightly until I see what they look like.. Can't believe how terrible Pettis looked when he still had 6 pounds to cut ... Trying to believe he didn't juice before but the size of his head and face looks drawn out so much from 10lbs cut it seems unrealistic

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Weighed in at 159... Just watched weigh ins nobody looked terrible but it didn't show Pettis (146) or laprise (159) will tread lightly until I see what they look like.. Can't believe how terrible Pettis looked when he still had 6 pounds to cut ... Trying to believe he didn't juice before but the size of his head and face looks drawn out so much from 10lbs cut it seems unrealistic
    Pettis says he didn't cut at all to make 155. This seems like a devastating impact on his body for just a few pounds. Also strange is that Laprise was one of the early ones to weigh in and was nowhere near the mark. Gouti and Campbell have yet to weigh-in as well with only a few minutes remaining. I'll be monitoring the situation closely.

brooks85

Brooksie where you come up with this hog wash???

jibby I don't make shit up, why would I start now?

you need to hop off maia's junk, he is terrible for the sport

"Nevertheless, Maia said any style of victory, especially against someone of Condit’s caliber, should be enough to solidify his opportunity to challenge Woodley next."

pure nonsense and another example of he knows his style is boring.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/ufc-on-fox-21-headliner-demian-maia-gunning-for-ufc-gold-but-satisfied-with-career-regardless

Points Awarded:

Demonata gave brooks85 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

update.

talked to my neighbor, he's a big time MMA nut, been picking winners for years,
    high school gym coach. this guy knows more about MMA than anyone i've ever met.
    anyway.. he's shaking me off Oliveira. Says Oliveira is not a wrestler and only a wrestler
    would have a chance against Pettis in this bout. That Pettis is not going to lose.
    He also likes Condit. Says Condit can win on the floor or by TKO. In the womens fight
    he likes Paige VanZant. As a dog he likes Casey a lot. Seems to think Casey can get Alvey down.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

jibby I don't make shit up, why would I start now?

you need to hop off maia's junk, he is terrible for the sport

"Nevertheless, Maia said any style of victory, especially against someone of Condit’s caliber, should be enough to solidify his opportunity to challenge Woodley next."

pure nonsense and another example of he knows his style is boring.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/ufc-on-fox-21-headliner-demian-maia-gunning-for-ufc-gold-but-satisfied-with-career-regardless

Brooks you're right.. My bad..

Well he's probably saying that because he knows he's at the tail end of his career and no matter how many more fights he wins in a row he still won't get another title shot..

Even if he beats Condit convincingly I still wouldn't be surprised if the UFC heads don't give him another title shot..

Him being bad for the sport is purely subjective... I enjoy watching him fight.. I appreciate creative take downs and a good Jits game...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    update.

talked to my neighbor, he's a big time MMA nut, been picking winners for years,
    high school gym coach. this guy knows more about MMA than anyone i've ever met.
    anyway.. he's shaking me off Oliveira. Says Oliveira is not a wrestler and only a wrestler
    would have a chance against Pettis
    in this bout. That Pettis is not going to lose.
    He also likes Condit. Says Condit can win on the floor or by TKO. In the womens fight
    he likes Paige VanZant. As a dog he likes Casey a lot. Seems to think Casey can get Alvey down.

Sounds like your neighbor doesn't know shiiit sorry Snowball.. Saying only wrestlers have a chance to beat Pettis is just flat out wrong.. If you look at who Pettis lost to in his last 3 fights you will see that none of them are wrestlers.. All 3 of them (Edson Barboza, RDA and Eddie Alverez beat Pettis striking too.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Pettis-26627

Condit can't beat Demian Maia on the ground either.. That's complete crap.. Condit while decent on the ground is no where near the level of Demain Maia whom is a world champion of Jits.. This will be a clinic when the fight hits the ground.. All DM...

I do think Casey has a shot against Alvey... That's about the only comment that made sense...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-26-16 at 03:26 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Weigh ins

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-26-16 at 03:45 PM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

^^^^^^ Hahahaha Jibbby is drunk again

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    ^^^^^^ Hahahaha Jibbby is drunk again
    Not yet Thrilla Killa.. Did post up the wrong weigh in vid but corrected it quickly..

Relax Jibs is on his game for this event.. Have no fear, bets will cash, props will land, and cheddar will be made....

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Not yet Thrilla Killa.. Did post up the wrong weigh in vid but corrected it quickly..

Relax Jibs is on his game for this event.. Have no fear, bets will cash, props will land, and cheddar will be made....
    Ok Jibbs the UFC weigh-ins doesn't start until 2 hours. Man you are really eager with this card. I'm guessing because of Maia your favourite fighter featuring in the main event. Hugo de Naranja owned the Lineker McDonald card. I expect from you to own this one. Know what I'm saying? I've posted the Bellator weigh-ins meanwhile.

brooks85

Brooks you're right.. My bad..

Well he's probably saying that because he knows he's at the tail end of his career and no matter how many more fights he wins in a row he still won't get another title shot..

Even if he beats Condit convincingly I still wouldn't be surprised if the UFC heads don't give him another title shot..

Him being bad for the sport is purely subjective... I enjoy watching him fight.. I appreciate creative take downs and a good Jits game...

There is little doubt he dominates the majority of guys he goes against and condit shouldn't be any different but the majority of fans don't want to see a fight like that. He doesn't sell fights and he kills the momentum of exciting fighters. He is like a gate keeper on steroids.

There has never been a time where I wasn't excited for a condit fight and yet here we are.

Hugo de Naranja

Maia Round 1,2, and 3 props jumped up huge. I put down a bit on each as (+1xxx) odds since I think if he finds a finish it will probably be earlier rather than later.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Sounds like your neighbor doesn't know shiiit sorry Snowball.. Saying only wrestlers have a chance to beat Pettis is just flat out wrong.. If you look at who Pettis lost to in his last 3 fights you will see that none of them are wrestlers.. All 3 of them (Edson Barboza, RDA and Eddie Alverez beat Pettis striking too.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Pettis-26627

Condit can't beat Demian Maia on the ground either.. That's complete crap.. Condit while decent on the ground is no where near the level of Demain Maia whom is a world champion of Jits.. This will be a clinic when the fight hits the ground.. All DM...

I do think Casey has a shot against Alvey... That's about the only comment that made sense...
    ok Jibby. I'm not sure how accurately I described what he was actually saying descriptively
    but those were his picks.. Condit, Pettis, VanZant, Casey.

Question: What happens if Pettis gets Oliveira on the mat ? Is Oliveira going to wrestle his way out
    of a jam with Pettis ? This guy thinks Pettis can take Oliveira off his feet easily.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

DM has no problem taking down wrestlers.. That's why I like this guy, you just don't see Jits guys take down elite wrestlers with almost no problem.. Threw Chael Sonnen for a loop in this gif below...

The only guy DM had trouble taking down was a juiced up Jake Shields...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-26-16 at 05:17 PM.

Hugo de Naranja

UFC on Fox 21 Picks:
    Jeremy Kennedy Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28 x2)
    Chad Laprise Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
    Shane Campbell Round 3 TKO
    Alessio Di Chirico Round 2 TKO
    Kyle Bochniak Unanimous Decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)
    Sam Alvey Round 2 TKO
    Jim Miller Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Paige VanZant Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28 x2)
    Charles Oliveira Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Carlos Condit Round 4 TKO
    Last edited by Hugo de Naranja; 08-27-16 at 12:49 AM.

Hugo de Naranja

UFC on Fox 21 Plays:

Fight #1: Ricci (DEBUT) vs. Kennedy (DEBUT)
    No Play

Fight #2: Laprise vs. Gouti
    Laprise -3.5 (-135) 1.35u to win 1u
    Laprise Decision (+110) 1u

Hedge(s):
    Gouti ITD (+435) .25u
    Gouti Submission (+1160) .25u

Fight #3: Campbell vs. Silva (DEBUT)
    Campbell (-125) 1.25u to win 1u
    Campbell Round 2 (+650) .25u
    Campbell Round 3 (+1125) .125u
    LOOK TO LIVE BET CAMPBELL AFTER R1

Hedge:
    Silva Round 1 (+400) .5u

Fight #4: McLellan vs. Di Chirico
    Di Chirico (-210) 2.1u to win 1u
    Di Chirico ITD (+115) .5u
    Di Chirico Round 2 (+475) .5u
    Di Chirico Round 3 (+800) .5u

Fight #5: Barzola vs. Bochniak
    Bochniak -3.5 (+140) 1u

Fight #6: Alvey vs. Casey
    Alvey (-190) 1.9u to win 1u
    Alvey ITD (+145) 1.5u
    Alvey Round 2 (+450) 1.5u
    Alvey Round 3 (+850) 1u
    Alvey Sub (+1265) .25u
    LOOK TO LIVE BET ALVEY AFTER R1

Hedge(s):
    Casey Round 1 (+1000) .75u
    Alvey/Casey Draw (+7000) .125u

Fight #7: Miller vs. Lauzon
    Miller (-130) 1.3u to win 1u
    Miller (+135) 1u
    Miller Decision (+259) .5u

Fight #8: VanZant vs. Rawlings
    VanZant Decision (+116) 1u
    VanZant -3.5 (+165) .5u
    VanZant Round 3 (+1225) .5u

Fight #9: Pettis vs. Oliveira
    Oliveira (+150) 1u
    Oliveira (+175) 2u
    Oliveira Decision (+350) .5u
    Oliveira Decision (+510) .5u

Hedge:

Pettis KO/TKO (+200) .5u

Fight #10: Maia vs. Condit
    Fight Won’t Go Distance (-150) 1.5u to win 1u
    Condit (+120) 3u
    Condit KO/TKO (+280) .5u
    Condit Split/Majority Decision (+935) .5u
    Condit Round 3 (+1025) .25u
    Condit Round 4 (+1450) .5u
    Condit Round 5 (+1850) .5u
    Condit/Maia Draw (+7000) .5u
    LOOK TO LIVE BET CONDIT AFTER R2

Hedge(s):
    Maia Decision (+250) 1u
    Maia Submission (+430) 1u
    Maia Round 1 (+1200) .5u
    Maia Round 2 (+1300) .5u
    Maia Round 3 (+1600) .25u
    Maia Split/Majority Decision (+790) .5u

Straight Parlays:
    Sam Alvey/Chad Laprise (+109) 1u
    Kyle Bochniak/Alessio Di Chirico (+137) 1u

Prop Parlays:
    Alessio Di Chirico -3.5/Mickey Gall (+116) 1u
    Alvey and Casey Go Distance/Condit -5.5 (+438) .5u
    Casey Decision/Condit -5.5 (+738) .25u
    Laprise Decision/Alvey ITD/VanZant Decision (+1000) .5u
    Campbell Decision/Di Chirico Decision (+1225) .5u
    Miller Decision/Pettis KO (+1236) .5u
    Gouti ITD/Pettis Round 1 (+2000) .25u
    Miller Decision/Condit Decision (+2529) .25u
    Di Chirico Round 2/Alvey Round 2 (+3063) .125u
    Alvey Round 3/VanZant Round 3 (+9400) .125u

Full Card Props:
    Fights to end in KO/TKO Over 3.5 (+130) 1u
    No Fights end in submission (+634) .5u
    Last edited by Hugo de Naranja; 08-27-16 at 03:42 PM.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LBfightlife gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First ... 2345678 ... Last