JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11478

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Carlos condit i likea lot, better cardio. Also better striker as long as he keeps it in the middle. Can't get taken down. Should kick the hell out of maia
    Really? Posts like this should be removed... Seriously..

Condit has below average take down defense, Maia has top level take downs period.. DM has maybe the best singles and doubles in the business. Maia takes down wrestling based fighters which Condit is not..

He's had no problem taking down wrestlers like LaFlare, Finch, and Story in his wins, took down Rory McDonald to with no problems all of which have MUCH better take down defense then Carlos Condit.. These are the facts and they are undisputed...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Demian-Maia-14637

Condit is a tall striking based fighter just like Magny and Maia will have NO PROBLEM taking him down at will.. Condit has an active guard off his back and strikes with elbows so Maia I'm sure will get touched up but that's about it..

I'd even venture to say Matt Brown has better take down defense then Carlos Condit and we all saw how Maia grapple focked him all fight long..

Rory Mac with solid wrestling got grounded by Maia..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-22-16 at 09:00 PM.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wouldnt even say maia has top 15 takedowns in the ufc tbh, he has good trips and a pretty good single but hes not a world class wrestler by any means in the first couple rounds he usually always gets the trips but if he doesnt sub you and you last until the 3rd you can start landing shots... GSP is a much much better wrestler then maia and condit came super close to knocking him out and GSPs cardio is much better then maias as well. Also maia lost to rory mcdonald and came one shot away from losing the matt brown fight , i think condit is a better striker and finisher then both these guys hes one of the best finishers in mma history tbh 30 wins and 28 finishes is just bonkers especially in a 5 round fight condit is at a big advantage in a 3 rounder id probably side with maia, most of maias subs lately have been after a few rounds when the opponent gets frustrated and gives something up, condit is savy on the ground and a vet he wont get frustrated and hell stay composed which will most likely keep him away from a sub, every round starts on the feet so thats 5 times plus all the times he gets up which he definitely will, maia wont ride him out 5 minutes straight after the 1st round if he does at all , plus once maia starts gassing in the 3rd he has TERRIBLE wrestling i went back and watched the brown fight some of those shots were so obvious it was just sad everybody knows hes only going to shoot every single time and possibly occassionally throw a leg kick, if hes that predictable with condit dont be surprised if condit catches him with something and finishes him... maia is a beast for sure and could sub anybody in the world but i like this fight for condit, gonna be crazy great free card watching the camp stuff im liking pettis to i think hes going to surprise a lot of people here i think he could get a finish as well

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Condit has below average take down defense, Maia has top level take downs period.. DM has maybe the best singles and doubles in the business. Maia takes down wrestling based fighters which Condit is not..

He's had no problem taking down wrestlers like LaFlare, Finch, and Story in his wins, took down Rory McDonald to with no problems all of which have MUCH better take down defense then Carlos Condit.. These are the facts and they are undisputed...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Demian-Maia-14637

Condit is a tall striking based fighter just like Magny and Maia will have NO PROBLEM taking him down at will.. Condit has an active guard off his back and strikes with elbows so Maia I'm sure will get touched up but that's about it..

I'd even venture to say Matt Brown has better take down defense then Carlos Condit and we all saw how Maia grapple focked him all fight long..

Rory Mac with solid wrestling got grounded by Maia..
    Jibby i meant condit can't be taken down or maia will submit him

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Jibby i meant condit can't be taken down or maia will submit him
    Aww ok.. My bad then.. I completely thought the opposite.. Sorry bud!!!

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    i wouldnt even say maia has top 15 takedowns in the ufc tbh, he has good trips and a pretty good single but hes not a world class wrestler by any means in the first couple rounds he usually always gets the trips but if he doesnt sub you and you last until the 3rd you can start landing shots... GSP is a much much better wrestler then maia and condit came super close to knocking him out and GSPs cardio is much better then maias as well. Also maia lost to rory mcdonald and came one shot away from losing the matt brown fight , i think condit is a better striker and finisher then both these guys hes one of the best finishers in mma history tbh 30 wins and 28 finishes is just bonkers especially in a 5 round fight condit is at a big advantage in a 3 rounder id probably side with maia, most of maias subs lately have been after a few rounds when the opponent gets frustrated and gives something up, condit is savy on the ground and a vet he wont get frustrated and hell stay composed which will most likely keep him away from a sub, every round starts on the feet so thats 5 times plus all the times he gets up which he definitely will, maia wont ride him out 5 minutes straight after the 1st round if he does at all , plus once maia starts gassing in the 3rd he has TERRIBLE wrestling i went back and watched the brown fight some of those shots were so obvious it was just sad everybody knows hes only going to shoot every single time and possibly occassionally throw a leg kick, if hes that predictable with condit dont be surprised if condit catches him with something and finishes him... maia is a beast for sure and could sub anybody in the world but i like this fight for condit, gonna be crazy great free card watching the camp stuff im liking pettis to i think hes going to surprise a lot of people here i think he could get a finish as well
    If its a small cage, im worried oliveira will walk pettis down and then go for takedowns.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I wouldn't recommend laying (-190) on Pettis straight with him looking pretty terrible since the USADA era began. The Pettis KO/TKO prop should be decent though since he still has excellent power/placement with his kicks and Oliveira's chin is questionable.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I wouldn't recommend laying (-190) on Pettis straight with him looking pretty terrible since the USADA era began. The Pettis KO/TKO prop should be decent though since he still has excellent power/placement with his kicks and Oliveira's chin is questionable.
    I like this odds and the matchup personally. He has looked terrible tho you're right.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    I like this odds and the matchup personally. He has looked terrible tho you're right.
    If I remember correctly, we both bet Pettis against Barboza because it felt like a good matchup. Didn't pan out so well haha. I like Pettis as a fighter and he has fought tough competition during his losing streak but it's difficult for me to trust him after he's looked bad against both wrestlers and strikers.

firekillex

If I remember correctly, we both bet Pettis against Barboza because it felt like a good matchup. Didn't pan out so well haha. I like Pettis as a fighter and he has fought tough competition during his losing streak but it's difficult for me to trust him after he's looked bad against both wrestlers and strikers.
    barbosa is a world class strike to though , oliveria has some good standup but pettis will definitely have the edge imo i think the size difference is going to help him a lot more then people think . The USADA thing does worry me a bit but it really seems like he has a fire lit under his butt and he knows this is his career defining fight and every time in the past in those huge fights he usually comes through with a spectacular performance.. TKO/KO prop will have value imo for sure.. and if youre on oliveria take the decision prop since pettis has never been finished in his career and i doubt oliveria is the guy to do that especially in 3 rounds

Hugo de Naranja

barbosa is a world class strike to though , oliveria has some good standup but pettis will definitely have the edge imo i think the size difference is going to help him a lot more then people think . The USADA thing does worry me a bit but it really seems like he has a fire lit under his butt and he knows this is his career defining fight and every time in the past in those huge fights he usually comes through with a spectacular performance.. TKO/KO prop will have value imo for sure.. and if youre on oliveria take the decision prop since pettis has never been finished in his career and i doubt oliveria is the guy to do that especially in 3 rounds
    I've never bought into a logic that a fighter will win a fight "because he has to" or "because he's extra motivated this time" but thats just me. Highly doubt Oliveira gets a KO but he might get the sub. Pettis is super tough as you say but Oliveira has incredibly opportunistic jitz and could catch him with something. I wonder what would be next for Pettis if he does end up losing.

Demonata

Aww ok.. My bad then.. I completely thought the opposite.. Sorry bud!!!
    No it was my bad because I did word it weird.

Demonata

Promotion officials have announced the bantamweight fight between Ning Guangyou (5-3-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Marlon Vera (7-3-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) at UFC on FOX 21 has been scrapped due to **** issues for Guangyou, from China.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

- UFC Road to the Octagon: Maia vs Condit brings you inside the hard hitting training camps and the extraordinary lives of six UFC fighters as they ready for August 27th’s blockbuster UFC Fight Night on FOX.
    Last edited by Thrilla; 08-23-16 at 03:45 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

DM is not a wrestling based fighter (grappling based) but his take downs are just as effective and well timed as the best wrestlers in MMA..

DM doesn't shoot for doubles like a typical wrestler will, he'll hit the trips, singles, and or press against the cage and work to get a double.. That's how DM gets his opponents down.. He's very good at taking the backs of tall fighters and locking in the body triangles..

Very good with timing the shooting singles when not gassed out... Finch and Story solid wrestlers couldn't stop DM...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-23-16 at 02:37 PM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- UFC matchmakers Sean Shelby and Joe Silva preview the main event from Fight Night Vancouver, Demian Maia vs Carlos Condit.

- Go one-on-one with Carlos Condit to find out what makes him a UFC warrior.

Last edited by Thrilla; 08-23-16 at 04:09 PM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- Go inside the training camps of Joe Lauzon and Jim miller before they meet inside the Octagon.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

This fight isn't going the distance is the best bet IMO. Maia would be on fumes by the 5th round

TPowell

NOT Maia by decision (-300) is a fantastic parlay piece. He has zero chance of winning in the 4th and 5th rounds and almost zero chance of surviving them if he doesn't get the sub early

Hugo de Naranja

Basic 7 props up on 5Ds

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    NOT Maia by decision (-300) is a fantastic parlay piece. He has zero chance of winning in the 4th and 5th rounds and almost zero chance of surviving them if he doesn't get the sub early
    Zero chance? What if he keeps taking Condit down every round and grinds out a 5 round victory? Very possible. He probably wouldn't get a sub in the 4th or 5th, but he did get Matt Brown in a RNC towards the end of the 3rd round.

firekillex

vanzant by decision +114 hmmmm

Rich Benjamins

[QUOTE=JIBBBY;26166668]Really? Posts like this should be removed... Seriously..

I have to agree with Jibby here. I think Maia has the best takedowns in the UFC today. With the exception of maybe Khabib and Demetrious Johnson, and GSP. I think Maia takes this.

firekillex

[QUOTE=Rich Benjamins;26170318]

I have to agree with Jibby here. I think Maia has the best takedowns in the UFC today. With the exception of maybe Khabib and Demetrious Johnson, and GSP. I think Maia takes this.
    maia doesnt even have the best takedowns in his own division tbh lol you guys are highly overrating his wrestling abilities... He manages to drag people to ground somehow but the best wrestlers can keep that pace for 5 rounds i guarantee he cannot keep that pace of shooting 10+ takedowns a round on condit , i wouldnt be surprised to see him get a few the first round or 2 and control the positioning but condit will most likely survive and possibly even escape the position which will make maia work even more , he just lunged forward with his hands out i got a good feeling condit is going to catch him here... condit definitely doesnt have the best TDD not even close but even against good wrestlers hes always super super dangerous ( GSP , Hendricks ) both better wrestlers then maia imo

Hugo de Naranja

vanzant by decision +114 hmmmm
    Decent value there. I hopped on Alvey ITD (+145). That's the one I like most so far

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post
    Zero chance? What if he keeps taking Condit down every round and grinds out a 5 round victory? Very possible. He probably wouldn't get a sub in the 4th or 5th, but he did get Matt Brown in a RNC towards the end of the 3rd round.
    You think a guy known for gassing is going to get takedowns in round 4 or 5 against an elite striker who knows its coming? I just don't see any way this fight goes the distance and if it does, it will have been because the fight stayed on the fight a while and Maia is busted to pieces but still alive

Hugo de Naranja

You think a guy known for gassing is going to get takedowns in round 4 or 5 against an elite striker who knows its coming? I just don't see any way this fight goes the distance and if it does, it will have been because the fight stayed on the fight a while and Maia is busted to pieces but still alive
    Love Condit R4/R5 although the value has dropped significantly since the openers. Which I would have put more than .5u on each.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Love Condit R4/R5 although the value has dropped significantly since the openers. Which I would have put more than .5u on each.
    Don't be surprised if he puts him out early brother.

firekillex

Decent value there. I hopped on Alvey ITD (+145). That's the one I like most so far
    i also like lauzon decision +305

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Don't be surprised if he puts him out early brother.
    Would be fine with that too
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

i also like lauzon decision +305
    Hmm I actually like Miller Decision (+239). Both these guys are really tough. Maybe fight goes the distance?

TPowell

Put me down for a good sized play on Shane Campbell potentially. Will hedge with Silva in the 1st round but Campbell is the much more technical striker as opposed to the wild hay throwing Silva who has zero grappling and will probably gas very early
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave TPowell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Put me down for a good sized play on Shane Campbell potentially. Will hedge with Silva in the 1st round but Campbell is the much more technical striker as opposed to the wild hay throwing Silva who has zero grappling and will probably gas very early
    I think this is a good way to play it.

TPowell

2 units at -125 on Campbell for now. At 32 years old and still just a brawler with no gas tank, I can't not lay that number with a guy like Campbell who is at least UFC caliber. I'm worried that he'll turtle up when Silva unloads early with hays, but if Campbell is UFC caliber like I believe, he can at least manage a takedown or something even though his ground game isn't really UFC caliber

Rich Benjamins

[QUOTE=firekillex;26170330]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post

maia doesnt even have the best takedowns in his own division tbh lol you guys are highly overrating his wrestling abilities... He manages to drag people to ground somehow but the best wrestlers can keep that pace for 5 rounds i guarantee he cannot keep that pace of shooting 10+ takedowns a round on condit , i wouldnt be surprised to see him get a few the first round or 2 and control the positioning but condit will most likely survive and possibly even escape the position which will make maia work even more , he just lunged forward with his hands out i got a good feeling condit is going to catch him here... condit definitely doesnt have the best TDD not even close but even against good wrestlers hes always super super dangerous ( GSP , Hendricks ) both better wrestlers then maia imo
    Maia continually took down LaFlare, who was a wrestling state champion. He was helpless to Maia's takedowns. He controlled Magny who is also known for his wrestling, as well as Nelson. He makes good wrestlers look like chumps. Maia is an extremely rare talent in getting takedowns and controlling his opponents on the ground. Hendricks? Hendricks is looking terrible lately, can't take anyone down. I agree possibly GSP is on Maia's level.

TPowell

2 units on Chad Laprise/Alessio parlay at close to even money. May end up playing them both straight as well eventually. Both guys severely outclass their opponent (Laprise is better everywhere than Gouti easily)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hugo de Naranja

First 12345 ... Last