HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I'm excited to see my boy David Teymur back in action soon against Charles Oliveira. Oliveira is by far the most dangerous guy Teymur has ever faced.
    Funny, I came here to ask you about this fight. I went ahead and grabbed Olivera at +150, I think his skill set on the ground might be too much for Teymur, plus I have a feeling this gets closer to pick em as the fight gets closer.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by HurlSweatPants View Post
    Funny, I came here to ask you about this fight. I went ahead and grabbed Olivera at +150, I think his skill set on the ground might be too much for Teymur, plus I have a feeling this gets closer to pick em as the fight gets closer.
    Teymur has pretty good fight iq doesnt he? I havent seen his fight with Nik Lentz, but from the fights i have seen he is as reluctant to go to the ground as a desert cat. He will probably just outstrike Oliveira dont you think?

F Oliveira, could have been a world champ. He doesnt care, he gets a bonus every fight anyways!

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Woha. What a fight. Barboza is pretty good at back pedaling now, after everyone last 2-3 years have tried to put pressure on Barboza. I think Barboza getting accustomed to getting pressured. Dont dare to put a bet on this fight, but leaning barboza.
    agreed with all that..
    lean Edson but Gaethje is so damn tough if he can handle the first onslaught and take it a bit later he can get a win

wont be betting this fight odds will be close no doubt, just enjoy this as a fan

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    agreed with all that..
    lean Edson but Gaethje is so damn tough if he can handle the first onslaught and take it a bit later he can get a win

wont be betting this fight odds will be close no doubt, just enjoy this as a fan
    Absolutely. Any bet for this weekend ?

firekillex

Absolutely. Any bet for this weekend ?
    petty large bet on TJ
    then some smaller props and underdog bets that i like a bit... TJ will be the main bet for the night though i like the odds -200 on him a lot

HurlSweatPants

Teymur has pretty good fight iq doesnt he? I havent seen his fight with Nik Lentz, but from the fights i have seen he is as reluctant to go to the ground as a desert cat. He will probably just outstrike Oliveira dont you think?

F Oliveira, could have been a world champ. He doesnt care, he gets a bonus every fight anyways!
    Teymur seems to have above average fight IQ, I like him a lot, just don't really like the match-up. But yes, I can see this turning into a muy thai match.

If this gets anywhere near the ground though, Olivera has a decisive advantage, and can lock up subs in a heart beat. I just think there is way too much value with that line, not to mention Olivera isn't a slouch standing either, he should be able to hold his own enough to make the clinch and take-downs available.

bjpenn85

Teymur seems to have above average fight IQ, I like him a lot, just don't really like the match-up. But yes, I can see this turning into a muy thai match.

If this gets anywhere near the ground though, Olivera has a decisive advantage, and can lock up subs in a heart beat. I just think there is way too much value with that line, not to mention Olivera isn't a slouch standing either, he should be able to hold his own enough to make the clinch and take-downs available.
    +150 is a decent price on a fight that is more or less 50/50. Oliveira does have steller reactive/counter takedowns as well so that makes the style difficult for our swedish friend. Teymur needs to be very cautious at all time, only one takedown can be a tragedy. It will def be difficult to fight freely, creative when you know that every kick, every mistep in the forward direction may be the end of the fight. Even the clinch position may be fatal.

When that being said, Giagos withstood oliveira until midway in round 2, so just la little bit more effort from teymur and Oliveira may loose 2 rounds in the book, then Teymur may just stall for the last round putting up no offence only securing the victory thinking about not getting submitted. So im torn, i def think that Teymur is atheltic, quick and, has good enough tdd (82%), and if i remember correctly Teymur has shown very good signs of managing getting out of these important clinch positions that may arise again in this fight. Teymur has actually not lost a single round in the ufc that is the guy youre placing your money against, its absolutely a fair bet, but that aspect should be a concern also...Again, +150 for Oliveira to get one takedown during 15 min may also be looked upon as rather cheap hehe..

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Alex Pereira, the only man to KO Israel Adesanya in Kickboxing is planning to make a fulltime transition to MMA in April 2019.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Just a random though.....Manny Bermudez VS Ryan Hall would be a cool fight......that is all LOL>...

firekillex

any thoughts on Whittaker vs Gatelum ???
    Whittaker has 2 super tough fights coming up with Gastelum and if he wins could possibly have Israel next after that

after 2 Yoel Romero fights... if he wins both those upcoming fights imo hed be the best 185er ever in my books that would literally be murderers row.... i could easily see him losing either of those fights

Hugo de Naranja

any thoughts on Whittaker vs Gatelum ???
    Whittaker has 2 super tough fights coming up with Gastelum and if he wins could possibly have Israel next after that

after 2 Yoel Romero fights... if he wins both those upcoming fights imo hed be the best 185er ever in my books that would literally be murderers row.... i could easily see him losing either of those fights
    I like Whittaker to get the job done in his home country but Gastelum is no easy task. Can't recall a time that Gastelum lost a striking fight.

firekillex

I like Whittaker to get the job done in his home country but Gastelum is no easy task. Can't recall a time that Gastelum lost a striking fight.
    Gastelum might have one of the best chins ive seen in MMA tbh.... guy literally doesnt mark up at all its actually crazy
    Whittaker will be the bigger guy but this will probably be an all striking match , im really interested to see what happens here

praying Isreal smokes Anderson and gets the winner, 185 is crazy right now

firekillex

Ortega calling out Aldo.. man I think that’s a super bad style matchup for him , dont think that would end well for Ortega.. looks like aldo wants pettis though??

And we need Moraes vs TJ
    Assuming they’ll do TJ Cejudo rematch though , maybe give Moraes the winner of Garbrandt Munhoz

Hugo de Naranja

Ortega calling out Aldo.. man I think that’s a super bad style matchup for him , dont think that would end well for Ortega.. looks like aldo wants pettis though??

And we need Moraes vs TJ
    Assuming they’ll do TJ Cejudo rematch though , maybe give Moraes the winner of Garbrandt Munhoz
    I'm definitely looking to continue betting Aldo in future fights. I think he's got something left in the tank.

firekillex

I'm definitely looking to continue betting Aldo in future fights. I think he's got something left in the tank.
    imo i never thought he didnt really, Holloway just has a granite chin and could survive the Aldo onslaught both times they fought and for some reason Aldo didnt throw really any leg kicks which i thought he needed in those fights.. his reaction time and power are definitely still there he just fades if he doesnt win in the first few rounds... imo 3 round fights are perfect for his style

i think hell beat Ortega badly , i hope Ortega doesnt take that fight... and i think he beats Pettis as well tbh

Hugo de Naranja

imo i never thought he didnt really, Holloway just has a granite chin and could survive the Aldo onslaught both times they fought and for some reason Aldo didnt throw really any leg kicks which i thought he needed in those fights.. his reaction time and power are definitely still there he just fades if he doesnt win in the first few rounds... imo 3 round fights are perfect for his style

i think hell beat Ortega badly , i hope Ortega doesnt take that fight... and i think he beats Pettis as well tbh
    Same for me. Bet him big against Stephens, Edgar, and Moicano. Holloway is a next level athlete so no shame losing to him.

Hugo de Naranja

Couple of solid Bellator cards this weekend.

firekillex

Couple of solid Bellator cards this weekend.
    who you got paul dayley vs venom page?

PaperTrail07

I hate the guy----but Page -225 has real value right?

HurlSweatPants

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Not playing it, but Daley has tremendous value. Not of a fan of MVPs resume, and all it takes is one from Semtex.

HurlSweatPants

Hugo, if you're on MVP, I will definitely do BPs for that matchup at current odds.

Hugo de Naranja

Hugo, if you're on MVP, I will definitely do BPs for that matchup at current odds.
    Nah man I'm all over Daley.

Hugo de Naranja

Daley all day

Hugo de Naranja

Remember when you took Larkin over him at a similar price? Daley is gonna KO Page in this spot.

bjpenn85

daley here as well

PaperTrail07

Ill pay to see it I guess.....on MVP.....
    Remember when you took Larkin over him at a similar price? Daley is gonna KO Page in this spot.

PaperTrail07

I will admit, I'm not big on the skills of Daley MOSTLY bc of his bad ground game....you guys may be right....but I'm still on MVP here.....

Hugo de Naranja

I will admit, I'm not big on the skills of Daley MOSTLY bc of his bad ground game....you guys may be right....but I'm still on MVP here.....
    Everyone who tries to outgrapple Daley does but very few outstrike him. It is going to be dangerous for Page if he keeps the fight standing.

Hugo de Naranja

Adesanya vs. Gastelum announced for UFC 236. Kelvin is about to get his ass kicked.
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave Hugo de Naranja 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

Adesanya vs. Gastelum announced for UFC 236. Kelvin is about to get his ass kicked.
    has a granite chin but hes going to get picked apart , wonder if Israel can finish this fight will be tough ... i see a lopsided decision victory for StyleBender

Hugo de Naranja

Hugo’s Prospects to Watch in Early 2019:
    WSW: Weili Zhang
    WFW: Antonina Shevchenko
    WBW: Aspen Ladd
    WFTW: Macy Chiasson

FW: Deiveson Figueiredo
    BTW: Petr Yan
    FTW: Zabit Magomedsharipov
    LW: Gregor Gillespie
    WW: Alexei Kunchenko
    MW: Trevin Giles
    LHW: Dominick Reyes
    HW: Justin Willis

Criteria:
    No more than 5 UFC Fights
    No UFC main events fought as of 02.20.2019
    No major titles won (Bellator, WSOF, Invicta etc.)
    Points Awarded:

praisebuddha gave Hugo de Naranja 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

HurlSweatPants

Hugo’s Prospects to Watch in Early 2019:
    WSW: Weili Zhang
    WFW: Antonina Shevchenko
    WBW: Aspen Ladd
    WFTW: Macy Chiasson

FW: Deiveson Figueiredo
    BTW: Petr Yan
    FTW: Zabit Magomedsharipov
    LW: Gregor Gillespie
    WW: Alexei Kunchenko
    MW: Trevin Giles
    LHW: Dominick Reyes
    HW: Justin Willis

Criteria:
    No more than 5 UFC Fights
    No UFC main events fought as of 02.20.2019
    No major titles won (Bellator, WSOF, Invicta etc.)
    Aspen Ladd has been on my radar too, definitely will be contending for a title in the future. Gillespie is a one trick pony, he just happens to be really really dominate at that trick. Would like to see him matched up against better competition though.

Hugo de Naranja

Aspen Ladd has been on my radar too, definitely will be contending for a title in the future. Gillespie is a one trick pony, he just happens to be really really dominate at that trick. Would like to see him matched up against better competition though.
    Gillespie is my boy haha. His wrestling is great but his standup isn’t bad either. I’d say it’s between Khabib’s striking and Kevin Lee’s.

bjpenn85

Gillespie may be the only one who can defeat Nurma. Ferguson has so crappy tdd, i dont know if ferguson can ever get up.

Hugo de Naranja

Gillespie may be the only one who can defeat Nurma. Ferguson has so crappy tdd, i dont know if ferguson can ever get up.
    Ferguson is probably the most dangerous guy off his back in the UFC. Hellacious elbows from bottom and a dangerous guard game.

First ... 60616263646566 ... Last