TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Really like Mishi Cirkunov at 205. He's a really good athlete who grapples well and has some good judo throws from the clinch. He's the wrong guy to get into the clinch fight. He dominated Jolly in his debut but Jolly isn't UFC caliber so tough to judge. This Alex Nicholson has been fighting at HW in the Square Ring Promotions organization that is based in Florida. I don't like his competition level but the last 2 guys he fought there were at HW and were 9-0 before they were KO'd by him. Will see what some of the write ups have to say but probably a no play unless this line is crazy

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I still feel the pain from that Spencer ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    LOL, watched the Spencer/Pendred infamous fight from the Siver/McGregor card in January. Spencer should have won all 3 rounds IMO. Spencer looks really good striking with his hands but let Pendred use some leg kicks later on that he shouldn't have. I think Pyle will be able to mix it up striking wise with Spencer if Pendred can land like he did. I also think Pyle's crafty enough to possibly catch a sub if the fight hits the ground. I lean towards Pyle slightly, but not sure I want my money on a 40 year old against a crisp boxer like Spencer who is in his prime at 27 or 28.
    Pyle is Pile but Spencer isn't anything great either.. Liking the younger 28 year old Spenser and maybe by KO... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Sean-Spencer-60908

If the 40 year old Pyle does win this fight it's probably gonna come by way of submission because Spenser has never been KO'd.. Pyle has had many of his wins come by way of Submission also..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mike-Pyle-4577
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-01-16 at 05:04 PM.

PaperTrail07

Spencer by Decision IMO...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Spencer by Decision IMO...
    Yep can't argue that... Just seen Pyle get dropped in 2 of his last 4 fights and I personally don't trust his chin anymore at age 40 against a stand up based fighter.. That's why I said maybe by KO.. A Spencer decision win isn't out of the question though, not a ton of power with this brothers striking.. Besides that Spencers last 5 fights have all gone to decision also..

Good Eye Paper...

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yep can't argue that... Just seen Pyle get dropped in 2 of his last 4 fights and I personally don't trust his chin anymore at age 40 against a stand up based fighter.. That's why I said maybe by KO.. A Spencer decision win isn't out of the question though, not a ton of power with this brothers striking.. Besides that Spencers last 5 fights have all gone to decision also..

Good Eye Paper...
    Spencer dropped Pendred in the 1st round and should have got the finish. He hit him right 3 straight right hands. I think Pyle might be able to use some MT style kicking and knees to get him uncomfortable. He'll try to get in tight and get the fight to the ground. If he gets there, I think he should be able to score points wise and maybe get a finish. All depends on the line

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Watching the UFC tonight show now..

Johny Hendricks looks likes he's in good shape and dialed in with his training, he even grew the hair out via Sampson which usually means beast mode.. Wonder boy could get grapple focked and maybe out pointed in this one.. Hendricks always gets the decision gifts as well in tight fights which makes me nervous..

I got Wonder Boy Thompson straight at +210 locked in already because I like his stand up and movement, he's not slacking with his wrestling and ground either... Wonder boy got some nasty striking.. Gifs below..

However, I'm seriously thinking about taking Johnny Hendricks by decision at +135 as a safety net hedge in this fight..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Johny-Hendricks-24539

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-01-16 at 07:06 PM.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

You may be able to get a better number on Thompson if JH wins the first round as well. I agree with the decision hedge.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave JC2008 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TPowell

Hendricks gets decision gifts? LMAO, he got ****** against Lawler. He easily won both fights. Johny gonna Johny against Thompson. Only chance Thompson has is by KO IMO

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Hendricks gets decision gifts? LMAO, he got ****** against Lawler. He easily won both fights. Johny gonna Johny against Thompson. Only chance Thompson has is by KO IMO
    Well maybe you're right Tpow but Hendricks went to decision in his last 5 fights and won 3 of 5.. Maybe I jumped the gun with the term gift decisions...

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Thompson will win by ko or dec, with the fight being a 5 rounder now, this drastically improves his chances at both, Had it even Money when it was 3 rounds, now I have Thompson favored by -155.

JoshKnows46

Johnnys only path to victory is ko, he has power in his hands so this is a real possibility, and it's the sole reason I'm only risking 3 units 900 on wonderboy. Majority of the fight will take place on the feet, as johnny is confident in his stand up, but also because it won't be as easy to get wonderboy down and hold him down as many believe with his length and improved wrestling, and ability to judge distance, and strike, counter strike with his reach, hendrix cardio will be a factor the later the fight goes, wonderboy has the best counter striking of any guy hendrix has faced, and better takedown defence then condit, he also has the one shot ko ability with his kicks, wonderboy will either win a dec by being more flashy and having the much higher volume of strikes landed if it makes the 5 round dec. If you choose to hedge it should be hendrix by ko as that is his sole path to victory.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Johnnys only path to victory is ko, he has power in his hands so this is a real possibility, and it's the sole reason I'm only risking 3 units 900 on wonderboy. Majority of the fight will take place on the feet, as johnny is confident in his stand up, but also because it won't be as easy to get wonderboy down and hold him down as many believe with his length and improved wrestling, and ability to judge distance, and strike, counter strike with his reach, hendrix cardio will be a factor the later the fight goes, wonderboy has the best counter striking of any guy hendrix has faced, and better takedown defence then condit, he also has the one shot ko ability with his kicks, wonderboy will either win a dec by being more flashy and having the much higher volume of strikes landed if it makes the 5 round dec. If you choose to hedge it should be hendrix by ko as that is his sole path to victory.
    have to disagree, Hendricks has proved he can go 5 rounds. The only blemish was the 5th round against Lawler in the 2nd fight which shouldn't have ever mattered.

JoshKnows46

have to disagree, Hendricks has proved he can go 5 rounds. The only blemish was the 5th round against Lawler in the 2nd fight which shouldn't have ever mattered.
    He can go 5 rounds, but at a slower output. But the majority of this fight will be on the feet and he will get beat up more as the fight goes on, if it goes to dec, he will lose. Lawlar also takes rounds off, so gassing out in a lawlar fight, isn't a sound bases to take a stand on, your must also take into account his off the field problems, and the fact his style of fighting isn't in the favor of the judges, while wonderboy style is highly entertaining. Only way you can bet hendrix by dec is if you believe this fight will be spent mostly with johnny on top, I for one don't see it playing out that way, for a multitude of reasons, as posted above. Outside of a ko, that is a good posibilty,, hendrix has no other path to victory in this matchup

JoshKnows46

Most likely this is all wasted talk, if the fight goes as invisioned this shouldn't see the championship rounds, someone's going to sleep within 3. Considering a under play, with wonderboy dec as a hedge.

TPowell

Hendricks has took some clean shots from Lawler before and stayed upright. I just can't see Hendricks not being able to get Thompson to the ground some. I will agree that the judges will probably penetrate him if they get the chance though

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I think it's almost impossible to KO Johny Hendricks.. Dude's been in with the best and heaviest hitters in the division and has stood the test of time.. I can't recall him even being rocked once in fights. That's what you call a granite chin if there ever is one..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-01-16 at 10:27 PM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I do agree with most of the things written here. The problem for me going big on thompson is that if hendricks gets a couple of takedowns, thompson will be hesitant. If so then alll of what that flashy striking, counterstriking, standup skills goes to hell. Thompsons improved tdd is very good and it may be a very real possibility that hendricks wont get him down at all after round 2. But still, hendricks may lock hip up against the cage. He did very well against Cote though, but Hendricks is another animal. Line is def off though, no doubt about that.

JoshKnows46

Maxed out Borg -300 and Burkman -170, will have a total of $1500 on each.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MMA MANIA Prelims part 1 - Only prelim reads out so far.. Bit thin with only 2 fights.. It's a start and a little information to digest

170 lbs.: Mickey Gall vs. Mike Jackson
    We all know the drill at this point: Each fighter gets three sentences of introduction, showing who they are and how they got here. But, what do you want from me here? What do I fill space with when I have two inexperienced fighters with no business being in UFC?
    Mickey Gall (1-0) has two amateur wins and one as a professional, while Mike Jackson (0-0) has one amateur bout and some kickboxing. In other words, there’s not terribly much out there for me to utilize in breaking down the great "C.M. Punk Sweepstakes." From what I have seen, however, Gall looks like the much better grappler and Jackson showed decent, but unspectacular, striking.
    Gotta' go with the ground artist here.http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mickey-Gall-160145
    Prediction: Gall via first-round submission

Sat 2/6 1801 Mike Jackson +335 o1½ +125
    7:30PM 1802 Mickey Gall -505 u1½ -165

145 lbs.: Alex White vs. Artem Lobov
    Alex White (10-2) showcased his power in his Octagon debut with an 88-second thrashing of Estevan Payan, his third consecutive first-round stoppage. Tough losses to Lucas Martins and Clay Collard followed, after which injury kept him out of action for all of 2015.
    He has nine wins via stoppage, five of them submissions.
    Artem Lobov (11-11-1) -- a teammate of Conor McGregor -- came up short against Mehdi Baghdad in the elimination round of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 22, only to get a second chance. He took that second chance all the way to the Finale, where he dropped a wide, dull decision to Ryan Hall.
    I’ve been rather disappointed with White’s performance since the Payan blowout -- he didn’t look too bad in defeat against Martins, but struggled far more than he should have against the ever-sloppy Clay Collard. His skillset likely leaves him little choice but to slug it out with Lobov, who seems capable of both dishing out and taking greater punishment.
    For all of Lobov’s defeats, he’s not been stopped since his fifth professional fight back in 2011. White’s going to have a hell of a time trying to put him away. It’s unlikely he can do so before Lobov finds his chin with something nasty.http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Artem-Lobov-73700
    Prediction: Lobov via second-round technical knockout

Sat 2/6 1901 Artem Lobov -125 o2½ -125
    7:00PM 1902 Alex White -115 u2½ -115
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-02-16 at 10:56 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ These fighters Jackson/Gall both suck and or too little vids and info is out.... PASS or I'll probably take a small stab at the dog Jackson just because of the +335 odds..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-02-16 at 01:28 PM.

PaperTrail07

Spencer is smooth and more of a point fighter than a finisher....w pyle's syle i expect a similar fight to the Pendred fight but hopefully a completely different outcome lol....Man that one still stings !!! and I can take a loss very well lol

Good Eye Paper...

PaperTrail07

The advantage on the feet is CLEARLY to Thompson---IMO---better hands and feet...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ I was hoping the odds would be closer to even in this fight.. Spenc is the call for me if I do decide to parlay him up.. Probably will just look for the Spencer KO prop for small if the odds are fat... I don't trust Pyle's chin in this one..

UFC Fight Night 82 - Welterweight 3 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - Fox
    Sat 2/6 1501 Sean Spencer -160 o2½ -130
    9:00PM 1502 Mike Pyle +120 u2½ -110

PaperTrail07

I think the one that will be hesitant..will be JH when he see's how smooth ST is on the feet.....he will have to just pick a spot and bull rush....toss that right hand and pray....this fight should be a pick -it being 5 rounds is great@!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    I do agree with most of the things written here. The problem for me going big on thompson is that if hendricks gets a couple of takedowns, thompson will be hesitant. If so then alll of what that flashy striking, counterstriking, standup skills goes to hell. Thompsons improved tdd is very good and it may be a very real possibility that hendricks wont get him down at all after round 2. But still, hendricks may lock hip up against the cage. He did very well against Cote though, but Hendricks is another animal. Line is def off though, no doubt about that.

PaperTrail07

Agree....Spencer will win but a tad juiced----get on it---
    ^^ I was hoping the odds would be closer to even in this fight.. Spenc is the call for me if I do decide to parlay him up.. Probably will just look for the Spencer KO prop for small if the odds are fat... I don't trust Pyle's chin in this one..

UFC Fight Night 82 - Welterweight 3 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - Fox
    Sat 2/6 1501 Sean Spencer -160 o2½ -130
    9:00PM 1502 Mike Pyle +120 u2½ -110

JoshKnows46

Wrong thread edit
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 02-02-16 at 11:40 AM.

PaperTrail07

Not impressed with Lobov----taking Alex White---White's losses were not that bad ===
    MMA MANIA Prelims part 1 - Only prelim reads out so far.. Bit thin with only 2 fights.. It's a start and a little information to digest

170 lbs.: Mickey Gall vs. Mike Jackson
    We all know the drill at this point: Each fighter gets three sentences of introduction, showing who they are and how they got here. But, what do you want from me here? What do I fill space with when I have two inexperienced fighters with no business being in UFC?
    Mickey Gall (1-0) has two amateur wins and one as a professional, while Mike Jackson (0-0) has one amateur bout and some kickboxing. In other words, there’s not terribly much out there for me to utilize in breaking down the great "C.M. Punk Sweepstakes." From what I have seen, however, Gall looks like the much better grappler and Jackson showed decent, but unspectacular, striking.
    Gotta' go with the ground artist here.http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mickey-Gall-160145
    Prediction: Gall via first-round submission

Sat 2/6 1801 Mike Jackson +335 o1½ +125
    7:30PM 1802 Mickey Gall -505 u1½ -165

145 lbs.: Alex White vs. Artem Lobov
    Alex White (10-2) showcased his power in his Octagon debut with an 88-second thrashing of Estevan Payan, his third consecutive first-round stoppage. Tough losses to Lucas Martins and Clay Collard followed, after which injury kept him out of action for all of 2015.
    He has nine wins via stoppage, five of them submissions.
    Artem Lobov (11-11-1) -- a teammate of Conor McGregor -- came up short against Mehdi Baghdad in the elimination round of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 22, only to get a second chance. He took that second chance all the way to the Finale, where he dropped a wide, dull decision to Ryan Hall.
    I’ve been rather disappointed with White’s performance since the Payan blowout -- he didn’t look too bad in defeat against Martins, but struggled far more than he should have against the ever-sloppy Clay Collard. His skillset likely leaves him little choice but to slug it out with Lobov, who seems capable of both dishing out and taking greater punishment.
    For all of Lobov’s defeats, he’s not been stopped since his fifth professional fight back in 2011. White’s going to have a hell of a time trying to put him away. It’s unlikely he can do so before Lobov finds his chin with something nasty.http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Artem-Lobov-73700
    Prediction: Lobov via second-round technical knockout

Sat 2/6 1901 Artem Lobov -125 o2½ -125
    7:00PM 1902 Alex White -115 u2½ -115

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Not impressed with Lobov----taking Alex White---White's losses were not that bad ===
    Wait to place it, number should get better for you.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JoshKnows46 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bjpenn85

haha my thoughts exactly, as peter says in family guy: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait for it

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Maxed out Borg -300 and Burkman -170, will have a total of $1500 on each.
    I get your Borg pick but not sure why you are so sold on Burkman (a stand up based fighter) at -170 out classing the relatively decent skilled boxer in KJ Noons? Burkman hits harder and should be the stronger dude at this weight as those are the only advantages I can see. KJ Noons should be slicker and faster with this striking.. If KJ Noons really hasn't trained much and is some what out of shape leading up then perhaps I could see Burkman walking right thru KJ..

I'm gonna wait til weigh ins to make my final call and also try to find more info on KJ Noons training leading up.. Both are journeymen fighters at this point.. Bellator material IMO...

Noons recently put Sam Stout to sleep.. Flip side Patrick Cote just dropped Burkman.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Josh-Burkman-10003

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-02-16 at 02:09 PM.

bjpenn85

On the other hand, watching this fight, lobov looked good against ok competition. I register that lobovs handspeed looks a little bit better while his hands appear more natural when he throws punches. Im not sure if im backing white after seeing this.

I trust my gut feeling when it comes to the mechanics of throwing punches. Lobov looks sharper, if that is a term that can be used at all in this matchup.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...lobov+vs+rasul

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I suppose Burkman can possibly grapple his way to victory against KJ Noons if he elects to go in that direction.. Not sure he will go there though.. Maybe?

Patrick Cote did get the 3rd round TKO finish on Josh Burkman 5 months ago..

By the way Cote was almost put to sleep by Wonderboy... The Predator did make it to the final bell in this 3 round decision loss.. Cote has the iron chin much like Johny Hendricks..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-02-16 at 02:04 PM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    On the other hand, watching this fight, lobov looked good against ok competition. I register that lobovs handspeed looks a little bit better while his hands appear more natural when he throws punches. Im not sure if im backing white after seeing this.

I trust my gut feeling when it comes to the mechanics of throwing punches. Lobov looks sharper, if that is a term that can be used at all in this matchup.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...lobov+vs+rasul
    I'm not betting either side, I was just telling him if he likes Alex smith to wait.

First 12345 ... Last