THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC on FOX 18: Johnson vs. Bader (January 30, 2016)

FOX, 8 p.m. ET
    Anthony Johnson vs. Ryan Bader
    Josh Barnett vs. Ben Rothwell
    Iuri Alcantara vs. Jimmie Rivera
    Andrew Holbrook vs. Sage Northcutt

FOX Sports 1, 5 p.m. ET
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Tarec Saffiedine
    Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Diego Ferreira
    Kevin Casey vs. Rafael Natal
    Dustin Ortiz vs. Wilson Reis
    George Sullivan vs. Alexander Yakovlev
    Alex Caceres vs. Masio Fullen

UFC Fight Pass, 3:30 p.m. ET
    Damon Jackson vs. Levan Makashvili
    Tony Martin vs. Felipe Olivieri
    Randy Brown vs. Matt Dwyer

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

imadegen gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Sage on the main card lol

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

You mean to tell me Tarec couldn't make the main card on a Fight Night card? LMAO

TPowell

I really wanna see that Rivera fight. 2 underrated guys going at it.... compared to the Nortcutt/Holbrook fight

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Thinking maybe Bader at those 4-1 odds..

Ya gotta think he only needs to survive that 1st round and then he can do what DC did, that's take down Rumble and beat on him.. The question is does Bader remain standing after Rumbles initial attack early on? Baders chin is nothing special and that's the problem..

Also kinda liking Big Ben Rothwell as the dog also at +160.. B Roth has looked very good in recent fights. I think he can deal with the war master.. Well maybe Barnett can take Rothwell down and sub him out.. I do think Rothwells ground is underrated and he can probably keep the fight standing and maybe KO Barnett.... Ben Rothwell has a granite chin and is in his MMA prime IMO..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-07-16 at 02:09 PM.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I really wanna see that Rivera fight. 2 underrated guys going at it.... compared to the Nortcutt/Holbrook fight
    Depending on the odds, the underdog might be worth a bet in both of these fights.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Thinking maybe Bader at those 4-1 odds..

Ya gotta think he only needs to survive that 1st round and then he can do what DC did, that's take down Rumble and beat on him.. The question is does Bader remain standing after Rumbles initial attack early on? Baders chin is nothing special and that's the problem..
    I'll be on rumble by ko. Don't see Bader being able to take rumble down at any point of this fight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    I'll be on rumble by ko. Don't see Bader being able to take rumble down at any point of this fight.
    You're probably right.. I'll gamble though as I think Bader is on a roll and is the better wrestler with a better gas tank..

I think I'm gonna try Bader to win at those 4-1 odds but will certainly look to hedge with the Rumble wins in 1st round or the KO prop...

There are a few props out for this fight which I just checked now.. Instead of the Bader straight at +380 I'll be playing Bader wins ITD at +590 instead...

1005 Bader wins inside distance +590

I think Bader can fight the same way DC did against Rumble... Grind on him, wrestle and then pound him out on the ground once Rumble is gassed out.. Bader could even submit him as I wouldn't rule that out..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-07-16 at 02:36 PM.

TPowell

Johnson does tend to gas but Bader would have to fight the perfect fight and keep him on the ground for basically the entire 1st and most of the 2nd IMO

JoshKnows46

Johnson does tend to gas but Bader would have to fight the perfect fight and keep him on the ground for basically the entire 1st and most of the 2nd IMO

Bader won't take him down at all, even if last to the 3rd round, his wrestling nor chin Is on the level of Cormier. Johnson will dictate the pace, in this type of fight, Johnson won't gas. Bader doesn't have the wrestling to take down a fresh Johnson and wear on him with grappling like cormier.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    You can expect him to remain on the main cards until he loses.. The hype and building up of the young pretty boy Sage Northcut is officially underway in the UFC...

I'd laugh if the kid gets sub'd out by the undefeated Holbrook.. Could happen.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Andrew-Holbrook-78384

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Agreed. Bader's wrestling compared to DC's wrestling isn't even close. I don't think the fact that Rumble was taken down by DC is any indication Bader can do the same.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    But he's so dreamy....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    Agreed. Bader's wrestling compared to DC's wrestling isn't even close. I don't think the fact that Rumble was taken down by DC is any indication Bader can do the same.
    Bader was an outstanding college wrestler.. This is his resume below in the links... DC is the better wrestler but let's not blow this out of proportion.. Bader has shown outstanding MMA wrestling in his transition.. Bader is a much better wrestler then Rumble Johnson let's just put it that way..

Ryan Bader collegiate wrestling achievements -

Rampage did get payback.. Almost broke Ryan Baders neck with this slam

Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-07-16 at 07:52 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

next...

opinionator
    opinionator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

happy stabbing bader r 3 4 5 @ +2800 +3300 and +4000 and sub @ +1100

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

200% bader keeps it on ground/clinch. No way he survives standing with rumble. Bader knows he has to keep rumble close so he cant fire off those massive shots

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

So this is the next event.. Damn we gotta wait another 2 weeks..

Might not be such a bad thing as it really gives time to think over each fight..

JoshKnows46

I hope ben Rothwell wins so he gets to talk to Joe after the fight, that dudes funny.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by opinionator View Post
    happy stabbing bader r 3 4 5 @ +2800 +3300 and +4000 and sub @ +1100
    I'm on johnson by ko as Baders trash and his chins trash, but gonna stab at that sub prop for 50 bucks. Thanks for the heads up.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I hope ben Rothwell wins so he gets to talk to Joe after the fight, that dudes funny.
    Ben is a nightmare in the after fight interviews..

Come to think of it - I'd pay to see an IQ and spelling contest between Meat Head and Ben Rothwell.. I'd give the slight edge to Meat Head..

JoshKnows46

Ben is a nightmare in the after fight interviews..

Come to think of it - I'd pay to see an IQ and spelling contest between Meat Head and Ben Rothwell.. I'd give the slight edge to Meat Head..
    What you think of this fight?, don't think I'll bet it, as im not found of betting heavyweight fights in general, rooting for Ben though.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

What you think of this fight?, don't think I'll bet it, as im not found of betting heavyweight fights in general, rooting for Ben though.
    I like Big Ben over War Master..

Ben is big enough and strong enough to keep the fight standing, he can take a better shot on the chin then JB, I don't think Josh Barnett will be able to take down Ben at will and or submit him either.. I think Ben is on a really good run and peaking in his MMA career.. JB might be able to clinch up and dirt box Ben early on but I believe JB will begin to fade and Big Ben will catch him on the chin at some point.. Josh Barnett has too many things going on his life and I think the sport of MMA is slowly starting to pass him bye...

I like Big Ben Rothwell by KO.. Took him on the straight already.. May hedge with the JB by decision or sub win props at some point depending on the odds.

$140.00 $224.00 Pending 1/30/16 9:00pm UFC Fighting 1102 Ben Rothwell +160* vs Josh Barnett
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-18-16 at 04:28 PM.

TPowell

I'm thinking Rivera by decision will be a solid bet. Probably Rivera straight up though. Think his takedown defense will hold and Alcantara will be forced to strike with him. Will have to watch some fights to see about Alcantara's chin but he hasn't been KO'd in a long UFC stint.

TPowell

Will stay away from the Sage fight. He should have a big edge in this fight on paper. Holbrook's takedown defense is almost non existant and Sage should easily be the better striker in this fight.

TPowell

Here's a good one. If Caceres is under -300 or so, I'll be pounding him. I really dislike him and how stupid he fights, but Fullen shouldn't be on the UFC roster as bad as his ground game and wrestling is.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

I like Big Ben over War Master..

Ben is big enough and strong enough to keep the fight standing, he can take a better shot on the chin then JB, I don't think Josh Barnett will be able to take down Ben at will and or submit him either.. I think Ben is on a really good run and peaking in his MMA career.. JB might be able to clinch up and dirt box Ben early on but I believe JB will begin to fade and Big Ben will catch him on the chin at some point.. Josh Barnett has too many things going on his life and I think the sport of MMA is slowly starting to pass him bye...

I like Big Ben Rothwell by KO.. Took him on the straight already.. May hedge with the JB by decision or sub win props at some point depending on the odds.

$140.00 $224.00 Pending 1/30/16 9:00pm UFC Fighting 1102 Ben Rothwell +160* vs Josh Barnett
    GTD on that fight.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Barnett dec +315, cash it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    I thought about that.. Maybe...

If JB closes the distance and just clinches up like he normally does in fights and grinds on Rothwell it could go the distance with him winning on points.. Ben is tough and very hard to finish that's for sure.. JB did a grind job for a decision win against Roy Nelson in his last win and that was a 5 rounder...I get your thinking on this and I can't argue it.. I'll hedge bet with that dec prop like I said in my above post... I won't get greedy... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Josh-Barnett-272

Still the question remains does Josh have enough cardio to do that at age 38 now? He'll probably be 20 pounds lighter then Ben.. IDK? The younger Ben Rothwell seems to be improving with every fight also.. He's a big dude and comes in at max weight and in shape. What if Josh Barnett can't muscle him? Ben Rothwell is a step up from Roy Nelson IMO in this next fight... Ben will have 3 rounds to try and push off and land something big on the chin. I kinda got a feeling Ben will be game in this one and KO Josh, we'll see?http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ben-Rothwell-2262

Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-19-16 at 11:34 AM.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    I agree. Haven't really looked in to it, but Barnett is the better fighter. As long as there isn't some crazy age related decline from last fight to now, he should be a bigger favorite IMO and Rothwell is crazy durable. I think if Mitrione isn't a complete moron he beats Rothwell last fight and this line is -250+

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Here's a good one. If Caceres is under -300 or so, I'll be pounding him. I really dislike him and how stupid he fights, but Fullen shouldn't be on the UFC roster as bad as his ground game and wrestling is.
    Alex Bruce Lee Roy is a can now Tpow, loser of 3 straight.. He has no offensive wrestling or ground himself. I think this one stays standing..I don't really know enough about this Mexican fighter Fullen yet to fully comment. He appears to also suck.. I need to watch video on this Mexican can...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Masio-Fullen-40356

Another can on can fight as it looks.. Zuffa is reaching... Alex shouldn't even be fighting in the UFC anymore IMO.. I would have gave him his walking papers after his last beat down from Rivera....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-19-16 at 12:30 PM.

TPowell

Alex Bruce Lee Roy is a can now Tpow, loser of 3 straight.. He has no offensive wrestling or ground himself. I think this one stays standing..I don't really know enough about this Mexican fighter Fullen yet to fully comment. He appears to also suck.. I need to watch video on this Mexican can...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Masio-Fullen-40356

Another can on can fight as it looks.. Zuffa is reaching... Alex shouldn't even be fighting in the UFC anymore IMO.. I would have gave his walking papers after his last beat down from Rivera....

Even looking at Fullen's Sherdog page, you can tell the guy doesn't belong. His only UFC "win" was against a guy who is 3-3 in his career and 5 were in low organizations. I'm not thrilled with being on Alex, but at least he loses to solid fighters like Rivera, Faber, and Kanehara. This Fullen kid is an absolute joke. I don't see how he was ever signed into the UFC. Caceres gets an easy sub if the fight goes to the ground. Kid is clueless
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave TPowell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Could Bruce Leeroy get any easier fights ? LOL....what did he catch dana white doing ? lol...

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Give him another good fight and send him out the door !@ LOL

TPowell

watching Fullen's last fight now. National Taekwondo and 4-0 as a pro boxer, but seems clueless on the ground. Will have to watch and see if his skills translate to MMA striking

1234 ... Last