Fight Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Featherweight Frankie Edgar vs. Chad Mendes
    Lightweight Edson Barboza vs. Tony Ferguson
    Lightweight Joe Lauzon vs. Evan Dunham
    Welterweight Ryan LaFlare vs. Mike Pierce
    Featherweight Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Jason Knight

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Beelzebubzy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Unwritten Law gave Beelzebubzy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Yep this happens all on the same weekend too.. I hate when they bunch up cards on just one weekend.. It's a pain trying to cap all those fights...

The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale - Featherweight 5 rounds - Las Vegas, Nevada
    Fri 12/11 1001 Frankie Edgar -165 o4½ -200
    11:30PM 1002 Chad Mendes +145 u4½ +170
    The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale - Lightweight 3 rounds - Las Vegas, Nevada
    Fri 12/11 1101 Edson Barboza +140 o2½ -115
    11:00PM 1102 Tony Ferguson -160 u2½ -105

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm leaning Edson Barbosa at +140 as I think he's a bad match up for Tony Ferg.. He's tall, rangy and quick and has excellent striking. Tony Ferg hasn't fought anyone like Edson yet.. Edson also didn't get dropped in last fight aand looked great against Paul Felder...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Edson-Barboza-46259 I'm thinking Edson by decision.... If it becomes a standing point contest I think Edson comes out on top..

Also gotta go with Chad Men against Frankie Edgar... Great fight though but I think the punching power of Chad will be the difference.. We've seen Frankie rocked many times in fights and that chin is questionable..

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The under 4.5 rounds on the Chad Mendez fight is something to consider at +170..

The way Chad faded against McGreg and the suspect chin of Frankie makes me think this fight might end before the final bell.. 4 and half rounds is a long time.. Wrestling from both keeps this fight standing most likely so a KO could easily happen..

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Mendes took the fight on two weeks notice versus Mcgregor. He was fishing and drinking when he got the call to step in.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Mendes took the fight on two weeks notice versus Mcgregor. He was fishing and drinking when he got the call to step in.
    True Beelz, Chad gassed after just a round not too long ago on short notice, so can he get that cardio up to par to go 5 rounds in this short of time? IDK? Tall order against Frankie and his fast pace..

I think that is the one area that Frankie Edgar will have the advantage in if he pushes the pace and we get into the later rounds.. CARDIO advantage Frankie.. That really has me worried about my Mendez bet especially if it becomes a physical grinding fight... Chances are though the wrestling x's each other out and the fight stays standing..

So I'm thinking Chad for the KO because hits like truck and Frankie gets rocked in just about every fight, or Chad gasses out late and Frankie finishes him with volume and by KO himself over the course of 5 rounds..

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post

that is weird cause i saw the countdown show with Mendes and Mendes was under water for like three minutes showing how well his cardio was.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

loving Frankie here..he has way more heart than Mendes

also like Ferguson to Ko the glass chin Barboza
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Edgar is too technical for Chad. He'll dominate the championship rounds IMO. Guy has probably the best cardio in MMA.

After watching Tony in the Thompson fight, I thought he was a legit top 5 fighter in the division. He does everything very well, has no holes, and is still very young. Barboza is incredibly fun to watch, but I think Tony is the better all around fighter.

TPowell

The real question on this card is "Is Jason Knight for real?" He's fighting a top 15 guy in his UFC debut that has a ton of experience but may be fading at age 37. He's faced mostly .500 regional guys so far in his career and has 10 sub wins in 15 fights (14-1). I

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You guys could be right about Frankie, I'm really second guessing my Chad Mendes bet now.. Fock!!! Too late already locked and loaded..

In Chads defense - Mini Mendes probably has the better wrestling, better chin and more KO power, stronger fighter.. It's probably Chads fight to win early on if he's swinging away and fresh... Don't forget Mendes has looked really good in most of his fights except for the call up on short notice one with Conor.. That knee he took from Aldo also but other then that he has dominated most opponents he has faced in the past..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chad-Mendes-38393

Chad has knocked out some tough guys like Lamas, Nik Lents, Clay Guida, and Elkins recently. Not easy to do and most of those guys can take a punch better the Frankie Edgar... Unlike like the taller, quicker and elusive McGregor and Aldo, Frankie Edgar is more hittable for a guy like Chad Mendes...

If Chad rocks Frankie standing he's the one guy that can finish him..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-07-15 at 12:38 PM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Edgar-Ferg-and Pierce at + $.....guy is a tough out...

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    You guys could be right about Frankie, I'm really second guessing my Chad Mendes bet now.. Fock!!! Too late already locked and loaded..

In Chads defense - Mini Mendes probably has the better wrestling, better chin and more KO power, stronger fighter.. It's probably Chads fight to win early on if he's swinging away and fresh... Don't forget Mendes has looked really good in most of his fights except for the call up on short notice one with Conor.. That knee he took from Aldo also but other then that he has dominated most opponents he has faced in the past..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chad-Mendes-38393

Chad has knocked out some tough guys like Lamas, Nik Lents, Clay Guida, and Elkins recently. Not easy to do and most of those guys can take a punch better the Frankie Edgar... Unlike like the taller, quicker and elusive McGregor and Aldo, Frankie Edgar is more hittable for a guy like Chad Mendes...

No way Edgar will be out wrestled by Chad IMO. More KO power sure and probably the better chin

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    No way Edgar will be out wrestled by Chad IMO. More KO power sure and probably the better chin
    Chad is a very solid MMA wrestler, Frankie as well. It's close...

Thor4140

Jibby I'm trying to find a place that shows all these times Franky was knocked out but can not come up with any. U have any?

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Jibby I'm trying to find a place that shows all these times Franky was knocked out but can not come up with any. U have any?
    I'm curious too. I know Aldo rocked him pretty bad with a knee or something crazy but I've saw multiple people talk about this so I believe it has a lot of truth

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I didn't say KO'd I said rocked.. Frankie does have massive heart as he has been rocked and wobbled in several fights but always survived.. Gray Maynard rang his bell off memory.. Chad is a better version of Gray Maynard by the way..

TPowell

Edgar is tough as nails. I don't buy Mendes being this great power puncher. If he was, he would have knocked out an aging Aldo IMO. Not to say Aldo has a glass chin now, but you can't tell me Aldo's chin is as good as in the past

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Edgar is tough as nails. I don't buy Mendes being this great power puncher. If he was, he would have knocked out an aging Aldo IMO. Not to say Aldo has a glass chin now, but you can't tell me Aldo's chin is as good as in the past
    Aldo has never been KO'd in all of his 26 pro fights..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jose-Aldo-11506 His jaw has always held up against the best in the division for some time now.. Hmmmm? Chad Mendes not knocking out the taller and faster Aldo is not a knock on his punching power.. Mendes can throw bombs...

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Edgar-Ferg-and Pierce at + $.....guy is a tough out...
    feeling good about Laflare here..why pierce? he hasn't fought in around 2 years and Laflare was on a tear before losing to Maia.

Thor4140

I didn't say KO'd I said rocked.. Frankie does have massive heart as he has been rocked and wobbled in several fights but always survived.. Gray Maynard rang his bell off memory.. Chad is a better version of Gray Maynard by the way..

Fights with Maynard ten years ago lol. Do i need to show u the knee Aldo hit Mendes with? Or the last fight with Aldo where Chad was saved by the bell?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Fights with Maynard ten years ago lol. Do i need to show u the knee Aldo hit Mendes with? Or the last fight with Aldo where Chad was saved by the bell?
    Frankie Edgar is not Jose Aldo either...

Good luck Thorster but I think your boy is going down and there is nothing I can do to stop that now. Mini Mendes doesn't lose to other wrestlers, only to elite strikers like Aldo by the way... Frankie Edgar is wrestling based...

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Chad mendes is no mike tyson lol

Thor4140

Frankie Edgar is not Jose Aldo either...

Good luck Thorster but I think your boy is going down and there is nothing I can do to stop that now. Mini Mendes doesn't lose to other wrestlers, only to elite strikers like Aldo by the way... Frankie Edgar is wrestling based...
    No interest in betting the fight Jibby.
    Sometimes u just say shit to make u feel good about your bet

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

No interest in betting the fight Jibby.
    Sometimes u just say shit to make u feel good about your bet
    In this case it's partly true, gotta back my play though, right Thor?...

I do think Chad has a great chance to win this fight early on though and that's why I bet him a week ago.. Frankie has heart, cardio for days and is always game in fights. Should be a good scrap, can't wait!!! Don't be a puss bet it

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Nobody betting gonzaga or joe lauzon?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Nobody betting gonzaga or joe lauzon?
    No KO prop out yet for the big Russian, next best thing is this prop below for value..

Gonzaga is KO prone once he blows his wad early on, no heart.. The big Russian while unproven still hasn't been finished in the 1st round and does pack a good punch with 8 ko's in 11 pro fights.. (Against cans though)....http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Konstantin-Erokhin-98151 I'm going with the big Russia ITD.. Probably doesn't get out the 1st round though..

1505 Erokhin wins inside distance +151

I can't get a solid feel yet on the Lauson/Durham scrap.. Probably goes the distance with Durham winning by decision if I had to guess right now.. Dunham will press and be the more active fighter I think, both are durable and neither have real KO power... Bad match up for Joe Lauson me tinks..

1207 Dunham wins by 3 round decision +115
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-07-15 at 09:53 PM.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Edgar should win this likely via UD/SD. I think the lines are slightly off and should be closer to Edgar -140 / Mendes +110 range.

Nik Lentz wasn't KO'd by Mendes. He actually gave him a decent fight that went to the judges.

The Crusher isn't losing to Knight and this is a huge step up in competition and Knight's toughest opponent to date. Kawajiri is too experienced and has fought on the big stage, should take this.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Edgar should win this likely via UD/SD. I think the lines are slightly off and should be closer to Edgar -140 / Mendes +110 range.

Nik Lentz wasn't KO'd by Mendes. He actually gave him a decent fight that went to the judges.

The Crusher isn't losing to Knight and this is a huge step up in competition and Knight's toughest opponent to date. Kawajiri is too experienced and has fought on the big stage, should take this.
    Crusher is a gift. All Knight has is a strong sub game. He is terrible defensively in any aspect. His strike defense is awful

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Will definitely be playing The Crusher at -200 as he hasn't shown any signs of being considered washed up yet.

Lean on Erokhin +125. First fight under the UFC banner resulted in a UD loss, although he does have 8 career MMA victories by KO's to his credit and Napao has been on the receiving end of 2 consecutive KO losses. His chin is nearly completely shot at this point, and he failed to take out a fellow washed up Cro Cop. Napao has been KO'd 8 times in his MMA career, 7 of 8 in the UFC. Would consider playing the under here as well.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Event write ups and predictions that are out so far...

Combat Press - http://combatpress.com/2015/12/toe-t...d-predictions/

Todays Knockout - http://www.todaysknockout.com/mma/uf...e-predictions/

TPowell

I really like the Gonzaga fight ending in round 1 as a prop. You can easily get plus money and these 2 are awful but should finish early

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I really like the Gonzaga fight ending in round 1 as a prop. You can easily get plus money and these 2 are awful but should finish early
    I agree TPow!!!

These are the only props out so far on this fight. More should pop up come fight time I hope..

Konstantin Erokhin vs Gabriel Gonzaga - Heavyweight 3 rounds - The Ultimate Fighter 22 Final propositions
    Fri 12/11 1503 Erokhin / Gonzaga goes 3 round distance +500
    10:30PM 1504 Fight won’t go 3 round distance -900
    Fri 12/11 1505 Erokhin wins inside distance +151
    10:30PM 1506 Not Erokhin inside distance -191
    Fri 12/11 1507 Erokhin wins by 3 round decision +1100
    10:30PM 1508 Not Erokhin by 3 round decision -2300
    Fri 12/11 1509 Gonzaga wins inside distance -122
    10:30PM 1510 Not Gonzaga inside distance -118
    Fri 12/11 1511 Gonzaga wins by 3 round decision +900
    10:30PM 1512 Not Gonzaga by 3 round decision -1850
    Fri 12/11 1513 Erokhin / Gonzaga draw +30000
    10:30PM 1514 Fight not a draw -90000

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET
    Frankie Edgar vs. Chad Mendes
    Ryan Hall vs. Artem Lobov (TUF 22 lightweight tournament final)
    Edson Barboza vs. Tony Ferguson
    Evan Dunham vs. Joe Lauzon
    Ryan LaFlare vs. Mike Pierce
    Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Jason Knight

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Konstantin Erokhin vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
    Geane Herrera vs. Joby Sanchez
    Julian Erosa vs. Marcin Wrzosek
    Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Abner Lloveras

1234 ... Last