JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Why does nobody talk about the fact that Aldo couldn't finish Mendes in 5 rounds in the 2nd fight while Conor and Frankie finished him within 2 rounds
    That's a good point but that was a long time ago, fighters evolve, different fighters fight fighters differently so you never know...

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I think Chad MONEY is a scammer. I seriously think he tanked on purpose, yet again. He got tagged on the nose and flops. Compare the brutal shots he absorbed vs Aldo II. He made big money headlining this fight, and betting against himself at nearly even odds. He didn't complain and didn't seem to care, but he knew he cashed in BIG.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Why does nobody talk about the fact that Aldo couldn't finish Mendes in 5 rounds in the 2nd fight while Conor and Frankie finished him within 2 rounds
    aldo knocked him out in the 1st round in their first meeting.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Not to take anything away from Edgar but this is another questionable fight for Chad two fights in a row.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    I think Chad MONEY is a scammer. I seriously think he tanked on purpose, yet again. He got tagged on the nose and flops. Compare the brutal shots he absorbed vs Aldo II. He made big money headlining this fight, and betting against himself at nearly even odds. He didn't complain and didn't seem to care, but he knew he cashed in BIG.
    Perhaps... He did get caught with a solid hook though.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    aldo knocked him out in the 1st round in their first meeting.
    how long ago was that fight though? These fights all happened within the last year. I think Aldo has slowed down quite a bit.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Man, talk about a bad beat in Draftkings.

Did 2 different line-ups. One for $3 and one for $50

Scored 374 in the $3 and won $15 (First was 439.5 for $2,000)

Scored 303.5 in the $50 one where 9th place and higher gets paid(9th is $100 and first is $500) I finished in 10th, missed 9th by 3 points. The 1st place score was 368.5

If I would have used the $3 line-up in both, I would have won the $500 one.

Ouch.

thetitanlb
    thetitanlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Yeah Chad took more punces before in other fights but its a common theme. Once you take your first big knockout it seems fighters lose tere chin. Brutal KO really seem to take the chin out of some fighters. Pretty common actually.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    That was a nose shot I saw that. Apparently the nose shot rang his bell as he dropped like a sack of shit.. I don't think Chad thru the fight but I do think he's getting use to losing and getting dropped from punches.. McGregor dropped him in his last fight.. Aldo with the Knee dropped him..

thetitanlb

Anyone watching this fs1 post fight. Dana is being interviewed right now and he is lit lol. You can tell with how red he is lol.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

how long ago was that fight though? These fights all happened within the last year. I think Aldo has slowed down quite a bit.
    maybe but aldo is not even 30 yet.

people make it seem like he's over the hill and this young kid is gonna take his belt but aldo's 29 and conor's 27.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thetitanlb View Post
    Anyone watching this fs1 post fight. Dana is being interviewed right now and he is lit lol. You can tell with how red he is lol.
    I think he just has high blood pressure.. He looks out of shape and is always under stress.. Could be lit though but he wasn't smiling or twisting his words like a normal drunk..;

thetitanlb

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I think he just has high blood pressure.. He looks out of shape and is always under stress.. Could be lit though but he wasn't smiling or twisting his words like a normal drunk..;
    Lol maybe but i have never seen him that red. Im saying this as like a 10 time contributor to cosmo and marquee that its a awesome place to party lol

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

conor's two years younger, and have suffered far worse injuries in his 2,5 years inside the ufc than aldo have suffered his entire career.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

poor stoppage by big john last night

and the only reason conor finished mendes, the only reason, was because mendes gassed.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Aldo maybe didnt have a good camp/motivation as he has for Connor. When your fighting as long as Aldo motivation during camps becomes a true factor. Connor did a great job and I think we're seeing a very sharp Aldo.

Connor had reach advantage in almost every one of his fights (especially vs Chad) because he sits directly on the featherweight/lightweight limit. He cuts and rehydrates so much that in addition to his reach his strikes pack power above his weight limit.

Same you saw with a welterweight Anthony Johnson who couldve fought 2 weight classes above right off the bat.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ Yep, keep in mind Aldo really just had 2 back to back training camps to prepare for McGregor.. He'll be more then prepared in other words..

I think he's gonna try to take McGregor down and submit him.. Chad Mendes really exposed McGregor on the ground I thought in their fight.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^ Yep, keep in mind Aldo really just had 2 back to back training camps to prepare for McGregor.. He'll be more then prepared in other words..

I think he's gonna try to take McGregor down and submit him.. Chad Mendes really exposed McGregor on the ground I thought in their fight.
    What Connor did was come from the very far outside and wear his man down I dont think hes able to stay on the outside vs Aldo for too long.

Also I think Aldo is going to treat Connors leg like a soccer ball so he ll be limited with his kicking techniques and movement in no time.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    What Connor did was come from the very far outside and wear his man down I dont think hes able to stay on the outside vs Aldo for too long.

Also I think Aldo is going to treat Connors leg like a soccer ball so he ll be limited with his kicking techniques and movement in no time.
    I also think Aldo will soften up that lead leg of McGregs which will then make it even easier for the take downs to happen.. If Aldo is having any trouble with McGregor standing I think he's gonna be going for those take downs anyways..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-12-15 at 11:49 AM.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Aldos two best weapons are his leg kicks and left hook, both of which will be hard to land on the long southpaw, that is the best fighter I've ever seen at judging depth and keeping guys on the end of his punches and using his length, aldo will be gassed out by the 2nd round, he will not be able to rest as he does in most his fights...

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Hoping aldo becomes a fighter, that he is not, is a terrible way to handicap fights. He is all of a sudden gonna become a wrestler, and expecting him to stop mcgregor From scrabling back up, it's just hoping against hope, if your basing your opinions off that, then you shouldn't be beting on this fight. Aldo fights fire with fire, his offense and defense is firing back punches, and it works in his fights because guys can't match his speed power and accr, but Connor has him outmatched, and outboxed, to hope for aldo to become someone he is not, is foolish. To bet on a guy that has talked of retirement is foolish, to bet on a guy on a 15 month lay off against a heavy pressure guy with unbelievable cardio is foolish...if your betting on Aldo, let's call a spade a spade, you are a fool.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 12-12-15 at 05:06 PM.

First ... 78910