marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    So are all the knuckleheads "over there" on Bendo? Thatch is going to bring the RUCKUS!
    nope i think there all on thatch actually.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Bendo is way more skilled Bendo Big $$

PaperTrail07

Bendo not losing 3 straight...

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Ok maybe Levan has a little something going on then.. Capt. you were on it!!! Hope your boy wins.. Watched some footage on Levan and he is skilled..

Still Nik Lents ain't no joke and a very very hard out.. This fight now peeks my interest!!
    I agree with you 100%. Lentz is a winner. I just think it's worth a shot to go small on this dog. He's almost at a +400.
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave CaptChaos145 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Benson sucks.

CaptChaos145

Thatch has only fought 3 rounds once and this is a 5 rounder in high altitude. Bendo said he would not move to WW permanently but would pick and choose fights that appealed to him. They obviously must think they can exploit Thatch in some ways. I see Bendo trying to take Thatch into deep water and winning in the end.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    Thatch has only fought 3 rounds once and this is a 5 rounder in high altitude. Bendo said he would not move to WW permanently but would pick and choose fights that appealed to him. They obviously must think they can exploit Thatch in some ways. I see Bendo trying to take Thatch into deep water and winning in the end.
    Thatch typically comes out guns a blazing in his fights... Thatch goes after it right from the very start and looks to finish..

I see it being no different going into this fight and I'm not convinced Bendo will have a say or even be able to drag it into the later rounds..

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

I agree with you 100%. Lentz is a winner. I just think it's worth a shot to go small on this dog. He's almost at a +400.
    i was never a big Lentz fan either. His wrestling to me is way overrated. What bothers me is what Mendes said about his strength at 145. Plus he gave Mendes a tough fight. Mendes did say he was sic so this could possibly be the reason. That fight just disturbs me and with the high altitude in this fight, and Lentz just mauling Levan against the fence scoring nothing but control points like he always does. I still have to go with Levan here. I think he is quick enuf to stay off that fence. I hope Lentz takes him lightly like i thought Castillo took Felder. You know what really sucks Capt. The UFC has a great chance to show case Levan and what do they do? Put him in there with a guy that it is almost impossible to look good against. Lentz might be the most boring fighter on the UFC roster. Why start off a guys career against Lentz? Completely bizarre match making.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 02-12-15 at 12:06 PM.

PaperTrail07

----not jumping in head first into a loss here B REAL....

PaperTrail07

Imean you pretty much capped the fight right there....Lentz will be too strong for the hornet.....Good fighter being thrown to the wolves
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i was never a big Lentz fan either. His wrestling to me is way overrated. What bothers me is what Mendes said about his strength at 145. Plus he gave Mendes a tough fight. Mendes did say he was sic so this could possibly be the reason. That fight just disturbs me and with the high altitude in this fight, and Lentz just mauling Levan against the fence scoring nothing but control points like he always does. I still have to go with Levan here. I think he is quick enuf to stay off that fence. I hope Lentz takes him lightly like i thought Castillo took Felder. You know what really sucks Capt. The UFC has a great chance to show case Levan and what do they do? Put him in there with a guy that it is almost impossible to look good against. Lentz might be the most boring fighter on the UFC roster. Why start off a guys career against Lentz? Completely bizarre match making.

PaperTrail07

Cowboy does however....have a way way more skilled all around game including striking....lol
    Common logic suggests -

Bendo's weight cut should be easy this go around if anything else as this won't be his normal cut.. The advantage goes to Thatch because he's cutting to a fight weight that is normal for him.... We'll see if this makes a difference?

I'm wondering if Bendo is just taking this fight for a payday more then anything else?.. Cowboy takes fights on short notice because he stays in shape for his normal fighting weight and is winning.. Bendo is taking this fight on short notice and jumping a weight class and that might just be pushing it considering he's been losing..

I will say this for Bendo - He did show reasonably well against Cowboy but Cowboy doesn't strike with power like Thatch does...

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Considering Thatch lives and trains daily there, and have been for years i really don't think it's gonna be much of an issue, if anything it'll be a bigger issue for Benson considering Colorado is a 1 mile up, and he fought recently so him hitting any sort of ''peak'' is going to be next to impossible.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Imean you pretty much capped the fight right there....Lentz will be too strong for the hornet.....Good fighter being thrown to the wolves
    My eye test tells me this kid is a beast and will be able to handle anything Lentz throws at him. I need to see the weigh ins tho if im gonna up my wager. plus 375 for this kid is a gift. I would take him even up.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Cowboy does however....have a way way more skilled all around game including striking....lol
    While Cowboy is a more versatile striker then Thatch when comparing like you suggest, Thatch is more aggressive with his knees and elbows in the clinch.. Strikes with more finishing power too, hense all his 1st round finishes.. Thatch is simply a much bigger and stronger fighter then Cowboy and Bendo also.. Thatch should come straight forward in this one and close the distance in a hurry..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-12-15 at 06:41 PM.

CaptChaos145

Mendes was definitely off in that fight. I def believe he was sick.

1 thing I really like about Levan is he is fearless. Levan is more athletic. Hopefully his inexperience will not hurt him too much. Lentz looked bigger and stronger at 145 than he did at 155. I know he got with Dolce at some point when he went down to 145. Lentz also has decent kicks and he throws them to the body. I'm already nervous for this fight. I'm gonna have to cut valentine's Day short to watch. LOL

CaptChaos145

I'm curious how many guys they called to fill in before they called Levan. It's a good fight for Levan cause if he wins he catapults in the rankings. If he loses he was supposed to lose for a few reasons. He's fighting the #8 guy, he took the fight on short notice, and he's making his debut. There is no upside here for Lentz other than a payday. I guess Lentz feels it's an easy win. I hear Lentz is pretty cocky too so...

PaperTrail07

True...I just expect a dancing bendo....The closer this fight gets the more I am scared to pull the trigger however....the 1 play that stands out to me is Fighting - 24338 Z. Makovsky -115
    While Cowboy is a more versatile striker then Thatch when comparing like you suggest, Thatch is more aggressive with his knees and elbows in the clinch.. Strikes with more finishing power too, hense all his 1st round finishes.. Thatch is simply a much bigger and stronger fighter then Cowboy and Bendo also.. Thatch should come straight forward in this one and close the distance in a hurry..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

True...I just expect a dancing bendo....The closer this fight gets the more I am scared to pull the trigger however....the 1 play that stands out to me is Fighting - 24338 Z. Makovsky -115
    Going with the Over 2 1/2 round bet in a parlay with the Makosky fight as I think Tim Eliot has a chance and don't want to touch it in a straight play..

I'm on Rodrigo Lima and James Moonstasri straight in the early fights as well..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-13-15 at 12:22 PM.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

What time is the weight in?

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by KalouKalou View Post
    What time is the weight in?
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/13...weigh-in-video

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

Thanks!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

All in ZACH MAKOVSKY!!

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

has the makashvili/lentz been scratched...if so, faak, it was the pooch most likely to bite...

intel anyone?
    Last edited by fitguy67; 02-13-15 at 05:48 PM.

fitguy67

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    Well, there goes a possible good dog play right out the window.. Seems like this happens in every event..

marzwoody

Bendo looked massive compared to Thatch.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

fitguy67

er...ok, class...vocabulary time: "massive"

or was the poster being "facetious"

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Bendo looked massive compared to Thatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post

marzwoody

^ Its all camera tricks bro.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Bendo is going to be 175-177 at best tomorrow, Thatch will be closer to 200. This ain't gonna be pretty.

marzwoody

You guyz need to use your eyes. Bendo has waay bigger biceps. Thatch doesen't even lift.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Thatch has only fought 3 rounds once and this is a 5 rounder in high altitude. .
    Thatch lives and trains in Colorado you moron.

fitguy67
    Last edited by fitguy67; 02-13-15 at 11:08 PM.

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    Thatch lives and trains in Colorado...
    tomorrow night everyone will realize that it was the opposite of sharp to just ASSUME that Thatch will gas=weaken relative to Bendo...as the fight wears on...

"skill rules...but size DOES matter"...that's why they have weight-classes

fitguy67

reliable sources indicated that all/most the geniuses at the "other" place will have once again let their wannabe-sharpness lead them to overlook the obvious physical advantages of the opponent...as they did in enthusiastically backing
    *Shlemenko over Tito, then
    *Cormier over Jones...
    and now--going for the faux-sharp myopia trifecta--by backing
    *Bendo over Thatch

May god have mercy on our bankrolls! Good luck to all, whichever side of the physical-mismatch you're on...(outside of the bible...Goliath usually wins)
    Last edited by fitguy67; 02-13-15 at 11:16 PM.

First 1234567 ... Last