Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Jones -149.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    I don't think that DC has much of a chance against Jon Jones. Jones has beaten good wrestlers before like Chael Sonnen and Ryan Bader. He's also outstruck a lot of gifted strikers who had shorter limbs than him like Glover Teixeira, Vitor Belfort and Lyoto Machida. So how is Cormier going to win? After he beats DC, Jones should fight Cain Velasquez for the heavyweight belt. DC and Cain are such similar fighters that if you can beat one, you can beat the other.
    Cormier will cut the distance and smother Jones and not let him use the reach advantage. Smother him against the cage and take him down. Cormier has ragdolled much bigger men such as Josh barnett and Bigfoot Silva and Jones is skinny and I'd be shocked if jones has a wrestling/grappling advantage here. Jones got rattled against Gustaffson when he didn't have the wrestling advantage. Cormier is very hungry for the belt, Jones thinks his shit don't stink and i question his motivation compared to cormier. Cormier will get takedowns and rattle Jones and put doubt in his mind. We have seen that Jones is beatable from the Gustaffson fight and Cormier will be the new champion.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Jones -149.
    Now -148.

Keep hitting Cormier!!!!

Olympian with a great wrestling background.

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Now -148.

Keep hitting Cormier!!!!

Olympian with a great wrestling background.
    Never lost a round in MMA!!!

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cormier has nothing for Jones. he won't be able to wrestle him for five rounds. sorry to burst your bubble. i remember watching him fight Barnett and looking like a mediocre fighter. i think people will be surprised at how Jones makes him look silly.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Cormier has nothing for Jones. he won't be able to wrestle him for five rounds. sorry to burst your bubble. i remember watching him fight Barnett and looking like a mediocre fighter. i think people will be surprised at how Jones makes him look silly.
    I remember knocking out Cain Velasquez with a spinning back kick.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I remember knocking out Cain Velasquez with a spinning back kick.
    Ok get back to me with the name of a fighter that Cormier has fought that Jones wouden't stop in the first round.

I'll be waiting pumpkin

MD

Ok get back to me with the name of a fighter that Cormier has fought that Jones wouden't stop in the first round.

I'll be waiting pumpkin
    I think it's unlikely that Jones would stop Palelei, Barnett, Nelson, Henderson, or maybe even Bigfoot in the first round (at least the Bigfoot that fought Cormier.) He's not a knockout puncher and he doesn't try to be, his finishes generally come through wearing people down. He's a safety-first fighter. That's why he has just one first-round finish since entering the elite, and it was against Chael Sonnen. Surprised I have to explain this.

marzwoody

I think it's unlikely that Jones would stop Palelei, Barnett, Nelson, Henderson, or maybe even Bigfoot in the first round (at least the Bigfoot that fought Cormier.) He's not a knockout puncher and he doesn't try to be, his finishes generally come through wearing people down. He's a safety-first fighter. That's why he has just one first-round finish since entering the elite, and it was against Chael Sonnen. Surprised I have to explain this.
    He would dispatch all of them easily. they would be finished before the fifth.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MD is on DC!!!!! Loving this.. This is outstanding fade material!!!!

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

MD

He would dispatch all of them easily. they would be finished before the fifth.
    Sure, but that's not even close to finishing them all in the first round. I think Jones would easily beat almost every heavyweight, but wouldn't finish as many of them as you'd expect. Most of his finishes are against considerably smaller men whom he could overwhelm; the biggest finishing threat Jones would have at 265 is his cardio. He could simply outlast a guy like, say, Mark Hunt until he can drag him down and submit him.

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

Everybody on Cormiers D for taking MIR to a dec. in a sloppy as performance and beating Cummins on 5 day notice + old ass Henderson ... Guy never faced a top 5 HW. Hasn't faced a top 15 LH. This is a great fight but cant help laugh at people slamming Jones' competition than praise Cormier for outwrestling some slobs at HW
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Napes21, fitguy67, and Bava

MD

Quote Originally Posted by oddtodd View Post
    Everybody on Cormiers D for taking MIR to a dec. in a sloppy as performance and beating Cummins on 5 day notice + old ass Henderson ... Guy never faced a top 5 HW. Hasn't faced a top 15 LH. This is a great fight but cant help laugh at people slamming Jones' competition than praise Cormier for outwrestling some slobs at HW
    Who slammed Jones' competition? He has one of the best resumes in MMA history.

oddtodd

Who slammed Jones' competition? He has one of the best resumes in MMA history.
    Its more on Sherdog than here. Very often you'll hear that Jones only wins cause he outsizes "middleweights" and in the only fight he didnt have an advantage in he got his ass whooped by gus. Which is always followed with "cormier has experience with guys 50 lbs heavier than jones and you saw him ragdoll barnett so hes gonna do the same to jones".

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

all the brokedikk non-pro air bettors are on jones

oddtodd

Anyways , I watch and study up a ton on the UFC. It hasn't led to a ton of success though.. im essentially even .. up a measly couple units over the last 2 years, nowhere near my success in NBA or NFL which I spent less time on. But a ton of my big losses have been fights where I disagree with the judging criteria heavily favoring useless takedowns/attempts . i.e sonnen/bisping, condit/hendricks, and clueless scoring in schaub/arlovski, pearson/sanchez in what were brutal b2b losses. But after Lawler/Hendricks II which won me a fair bit of change I feel as though the judging and my opinion have finally coaligned.

Im not sure if Cormier is going to be able to take Jones down, but I'm confident if he does or is successful in initiating the clinch when he wants .. what strikes is he going to land on jones from the clinch? hes gonna be face level to jones elbows and unless he gets full mount of the mat I dont see him landing any GNP either... Lateral movement is key against Jones as broken down by Jack Slack in his Killing the King on jones (google if you are unfamiliar) and that just isn't Cormiers style. Add in Jones clear advantage in striking at distance and I think Jones will take a clear decision.
    Last edited by oddtodd; 12-30-14 at 07:58 PM. Reason: adding info

marzwoody

Its more on Sherdog than here. Very often you'll hear that Jones only wins cause he outsizes "middleweights" and in the only fight he didnt have an advantage in he got his ass whooped by gus. Which is always followed with "cormier has experience with guys 50 lbs heavier than jones and you saw him ragdoll barnett so hes gonna do the same to jones".
    Ah Sherdog. a place where retards congregate.

Here's a gem.
    http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...rmier-2899017/

My head hurts everytime i look at Sherdog.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 12-30-14 at 08:01 PM.
    Points Awarded:

oddtodd gave marzwoody 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

DC only fights were in UFC. Never fought outside UFC.

rocky16

Anyways , I watch and study up a ton on the UFC. It hasn't led to a ton of success though.. im essentially even .. up a measly couple units over the last 2 years, nowhere near my success in NBA or NFL which I spent less time on. But a ton of my big losses have been fights where I disagree with the judging criteria heavily favoring useless takedowns/attempts . i.e sonnen/bisping, condit/hendricks, and clueless scoring in schaub/arlovski, pearson/sanchez in what were brutal b2b losses. But after Lawler/Hendricks II which won me a fair bit of change I feel as though the judging and my opinion have finally coaligned.

Im not sure if Cormier is going to be able to take Jones down, but I'm confident if he does or is successful in initiating the clinch when he wants .. what strikes is he going to land on jones from the clinch? hes gonna be face level to jones elbows and unless he gets full mount of the mat I dont see him landing any GNP either... Lateral movement is key against Jones as broken down by Jack Slack in his Killing the King on jones (google if you are unfamiliar) and that just isn't Cormiers style. Add in Jones clear advantage in striking at distance and I think Jones will take a clear decision.
    Hey bruh, not only do I study UFC I also train UFC.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    all the brokedikk non-pro air bettors are on jones
    Spoken by a man that is an online poker wiz and not an MMA wiz....... Jakey the PRO take it easy buddy when you post such words.....

Speed, reach, youth (DC 35) and experience all favors JJ... If you know the sport of MMA you would know this... We all like DC but that's just not the smart play going into this bout..

Can DC land the power punch or out wrestle JJ maybe but I'm not betting on that..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-31-14 at 12:44 AM.

jeffy777
    jeffy777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Cormier

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

I cap DC at -185...

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3715

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    The best new way to beat a fighter is with eye pokes.. JJ is prone to not cutting his finger nails too...

I got Jon Jones by eye poke -550

I've always wondered about this. I guess I sort of assumed that manicures/pedicures were mandatory before fights. If not... they should be.

oddtodd

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Hey bruh, not only do I study UFC I also train UFC.
    I dont understand the purpose of your last two posts. Is this a jab at me saying that I watch and study 'the UFC' and not MMA? its because 95% of my MMA bets are on UFC matches. Not because im a 'bruh' that refers to MMA as UFC which is would you are implying with poor reading comprehension.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I've always wondered about this. I guess I sort of assumed that manicures/pedicures were mandatory before fights. If not... they should be.
    Absolutely John, fingers and especially long finger nails are really the newest deadly weapons in this sport of MMA...

Rules and regulations will be implemented soon for this in time me tinks..... It has to be....

Finger nail trimming to the very very minimum will be the 1st faze I think...

Wrestlers tend to keep their hands open to avoid take downs and that leads to eye pokes all the time for starters....

Too further that notion - I've noticed in recent fights when some veteran fighters are losing or gassed I believe they purposely eye poke to get a breather to gain an unfair advantage... Before it was the nut shots but now it's eye pokes......

Typically a fighter gets a point deduction for multiple low blows more quickly then eye pokes, right?..

This is an issue that has not been addressed yet in this young sport of MMA and needs to be...

http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-31-14 at 12:14 AM.

rocky16

I dont understand the purpose of your last two posts. Is this a jab at me saying that I watch and study 'the UFC' and not MMA? its because 95% of my MMA bets are on UFC matches. Not because im a 'bruh' that refers to MMA as UFC which is would you are implying with poor reading comprehension.
    Was actually implying you're a little phaget and most likely a dirty joo with a mutilated pekker but that's neither here nor there. Sick of focking teenaged queers like you running round talking shit but not knowing what the fock you're talking about. Same thing with you bitches not knowing where the clit is located on the vagina. Just above the peehole just in case you were wondering.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

i'm getting that same feeling that was in the wind a few days before tito was about to be annhilated by the short chubby shlemenko...only that time the wannabe sharps wouldn't take the dog-price gift because acknowledging the "too obvious" size differential clashed with their self-image as non-conformists

this time the same "too obvious" (reach + uncanny MMA-IQ/creativity +...) advantages of the favorite are being overlooked...

do you guyz honestly think Cormier would rag-doll the likes of Gus...a completely different prospect than a well-past-due-date Henderson...and don't even think about how easily JJ could handle a Hendo at this point...not saying Cormier's at this level yet...just that his LHW (not his HW...his LHW...this is a different game when the speed and cardio and creativity grows in importance to the simpler "who catches who first" dynamic of the biggies) credentials clearly does not qualify him YET

Gus deserves and was originally scheduled for this tilt...UFC's "sports as entertainment" foisted this upon us...Cormier is amazing...but why not put him up against at least one top-ten LHW (like a Rumble Johnson, for example...no way in hell Cormier manhandles him like he did Hendo)

not having the common sense to see the value in a WAY over-dogged Tito (vs. Shlemenko) OR
    not having the common sense to see the value of a way under-faved Jones (vs. Cormier)...
    is the same myopia to not see what JUST SEEMS TO BE too obvious for your self-image as a sharp

in MMA and tennis the value edge is most often on the under-appreciated dog...but when it appears as it only-occasionally does here and acts to overly-cheapen the price on the fave...you got that sweet "gift horse in the mouth" that all the over-thinkers just can't pull the trigger on...

the premature (not over/just premature...let Dana feed Gus or Rumble to the Pilsbury-LHW first before you cream your shorts over his chances) value-bubble has clearly formed on the ridiculously small-favorited Jones here...

setting aside my usual dog-loving/fave-suspicious inclinations...i find myself squarely on the same side of this matchup as Snapper, Jibster, Marzy, and Todster...

win or lose Jones at just -150ish is clealy the play here...that or nothing...anything else is buying into overly-blown (relative to DC's LHW resume here...which sports to date exactly ZERO truly top-teir 205'ers...) Zuffa marketing

sometime the sharpest thing to do is just not turn down the obvious gift embedded in the price

i seldom post anymore on SBR (i'm eternally grateful to Nunya for this life-enhancing development who pointed out to me a while back that the 12-little-points come from JUST logging in)..so it's been a long while since one of my bona fide "word blizzards"...so while i'm wasting time at the keypad...what the hell, one more thought to throw out...something i've been surprised to NOT find mentioned yet in the MMA sub-forum (which, granted, is getting harder and harder to find anything in due to all the petty mean-spirited snapping that clogs up attempts to share bet-applicable content)...

looking forward...i think Rousey is WAAY overpriced vs Zingano...i'll take a Dillashaw-type flyer on that one (particularly in line with the "MMA-math" angle here in terms of common-opponent Tate indicating the two at least belong together inside the same cage)
    Last edited by fitguy67; 12-31-14 at 02:40 AM.
    Nomination(s):

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    i'm getting that same feeling that was in the wind a few days before tito was about to be annhilated by the short chubby shlemenko...only that time the wannabe sharps wouldn't take the dog-price gift because acknowledging the "too obvious" size differential clashed with their self-image as non-conformists

this time the same "too obvious" (reach + uncanny MMA-IQ/creativity +...) advantages of the favorite are being overlooked...

do you guyz honestly think Cormier would rag-doll the likes of Gus...a completely different prospect than a well-past-due-date Henderson...and don't even think about how easily JJ could handle a Hendo at this point...not saying Cormier's at this level yet...just that his LHW (not his HW...his LHW...this is a different game when the speed and cardio and creativity grows in importance to the simpler "who catches who first" dynamic of the biggies) credentials clearly does not qualify him YET

Gus deserves and was originally scheduled for this tilt...UFC's "sports as entertainment" foisted this upon us...Cormier is amazing...but why not put him up against at least one top-ten LHW (like a Rumble Johnson, for example...no way in hell Cormier manhandles him like he did Hendo)

not having the common sense to see the value in a WAY over-dogged Tito (vs. Shlemenko) OR
    not having the common sense to see the value of a way under-faved Jones (vs. Cormier)...
    is the same myopia to not see what JUST SEEMS TO BE too obvious for your self-image as a sharp

in MMA and tennis the value edge is most often on the under-appreciated dog...but when it appears as it only-occasionally does here and acts to overly-cheapen the price on the fave...you got that sweet "gift horse in the mouth" that all the over-thinkers just can't pull the trigger on...

the premature (not over-...just premature...let Dana feed Gus or Rumble to the Pilsbury-LHW first before you cream your shorts over his chances) value-bubble here has clearly formed on the ridiculously small-favorited Jones here...

setting aside my usual dog-loving/fave-suspicious inclinations...i find myself squarely on the same side of this matchup as Snapper, Jibster, Marzy, and Todster...

win or lose Jones at just -150ish is clealy the play here...that or nothing...anything else is buying into overly-blown (relative to DC's LHW resume here...which sports to date exactly ZERO truly top-teir 205'ers...) Zuffa marketing

sometime the sharpest thing to do is just not turn down the obvious gift embedded in the price

looking forward...i think Rousey is WAAY overpriced vs Zingano...i'll take a Dillashaw-type flyer on that one (particularly in line with the "MMA-math" analysis here in terms of common-opponent Tate indicating the two deserve to occupy the same cage)
    Wrong side on both Monopoly phag. When you eat two losses you remember who to shout out at. The alpha stud mother focking boss around these parts. Hit me up via PM for more details on how you can suck me off after I prove my point to your unworthy punkass.

rocky16

Monopoly phag don't get wtf you're talking bout. I was on Ortiz over the Russian straw weight. Wtf does that shit have to do with cormier and Jones? Gus lost to Jones already. Why would that Swedish roosterlicker deserve the fight over DC?

Wtf kind of drugs are you on? You know what. I'm sick of this MMA math bullshit. Sick of who "deserves" fight and who doesn't. Did Weidman "deserve" the fight versus Silva? I recall all you focking phagets saying Weidman didn't deserve shit and his fight with Silva was a joke. Then he starched Silva and then Silva was just clownin and Silva would take rematch and beat Weidman senseless. What happened. Silva got focked up. So you go ahead and base your shit pick on baseless logic and bad odds. DC is a stud. Can KO Jones. Can out wrestler him. Has beat top HW fighters and dominated them all. Has never lost a round. Is confident. This will be Jones toughest fight. Easily. Jones can win this fight but you focking joosh cocksickers act like he shouldn't even be in same cage as that drunk driving piece of shit makes me laugh. Fock yourselves.

rocky16

Zuffa marketing? Fock yourself phaget. DC is gonna smoke this focking phag. Then you're punkass is gonna say Jones was a zuffa marketing creation. No matter what little pekker pinchers like you will always find some flaw with zuffa. I hope you die tonight phaget.

fitguy67

Wrong side on both Monopoly phag. When you eat two losses you remember who to shout out at. The alpha stud mother focking boss around these parts. Hit me up via PM for more details on how you can suck me off after I prove my point to your unworthy punkass.
    most likely result of a play on the two posited above...small-fave Jones (-155) and big-dog Zingano (+755) at the moment...

based on cutting-edge work i couldn't even begin to try to explain..."hog and beaver" analyses...

is a split at best...but since i bet TO WIN we're talking -1.55x/+x on Jones...and for Zingano just -0.13x/+1u...

so worst case i lose 1.68 with a crack at 2...with a REALLY good crack on the Jones leg, seeing it's a top-teir p4p guy against a midget range-wise, whose main chops for his LHW bout he frankly did NOT earn, but backed into when the Gus-rematch fell thru as a result of injury...main chops for him always due to his HW pedigree (if they were fighting at HW, I just might take DC-without-cutting-weight here...but each weight class is it's own very different game)...same thing with Cain vs. Jones (Cain'd have edge at HW, Jones at LWH...) it's not just the guyz...it's the guyz at the weight...just remember how shitty Rumble looked at welter-weight...

all i'm saying's DC's accurately guaged a beast at HW...but that doesn't make him a beast at LHW...a well-past-prime but "still payday hungry" Hendo (dude's a white Rampage in that department) made him look waaay better...you really think manhandling Hendo's an indication of how he'll fare agains Jones, then thanks for helping keep Jones price at a bargain for me

you wanna go the other way on DC+135 and Rousey -755 be my guest...if you can't bear the chalk on "the greatest arm-bar machine on planet earth" why not put her in a whole mess of parlays...big faves like that never lose, do they?...so betting math is just for phaggets cuz it's not really a bet...it's an investment
    Last edited by fitguy67; 12-31-14 at 03:43 AM.

fitguy67

I know from person experience what a bitch will say to get back at you. The mother of my kids took out not one but two restraining orders against me because I was with other women. Literally don't see her don't talk to her. All it takes for one of these hoers to do is get jealous and make up lies. That's what they do. Happens everyday. Liberal focks don't do shit about unfair restraining orders and don't prosecute lying kunts.
    BTW, rocky...i remember the above post from a while back...classic, accurate (yet politically-incorrect as the media phaggets have conditioned us)...

it's fine to disagree on best way to bet a fight...if no disagreement, there'd be no bookable action...

but as for the bitches we can agree...all hog-bearers must beware the lengths that beavers may go to, to eff up a hog's life beyond all repair
    Last edited by fitguy67; 12-31-14 at 03:57 AM.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    BTW, rocky...i remember the above post from a while back...classic, accurate (yet politically-incorrect as the media phaggets have conditioned us)...

it's fine to disagree on best way to bet a fight...if no disagreement, there'd be no bookable action...

but as for the bitches we can agree...all hog-bearers must beware the lengths that beavers may go to, to eff up a hog's life beyond all repair
    Shouldn't bring up my personal life little phaget. But its cool. You have no idea how many no bitches throw them selves at me. Hit me up via PM for the vag secret. Bitches can't get enough of me. No joke women go crazy over me. It all personality more than looks.

rocky16

Men are horrible with women. Focking phagets.

No idea how to please a woman.

You just have to know how to talk to them.

Where to put you hands.

How to kiss them.

Phagets don't know.

Once its mastered women can't get enough of you cack

First 1234567 ... Last