MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    What exactly is Sam Alvey's wrestling background UFCFAN?
    He was a D3 college wrestler out of a shitty school. Not a standout.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I'll give it a shot.

He's incredibly difficult to finish, he has relatively high fight IQ, Alvey probably won't try to take him down, and he's not at a sizeable disadvantage on the feet, if he's at one at all. Good matchup for Watson.
    You dont think Alvey has the striking advantage? 14 KO's is impressive. and watson looked like shit in his last fight. wish kong good luck using those leg kicks against someone whos basically a kickboxer.

Course watson could grind it out to a win. i dont really know how serious Alvey is about this whole fighting thing.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

If Nedkov hadn't gassed Watson would be 0-4 in the UFC.

The striking is close but Alvey has a 3 inch reach advantage which I believe will be the difference. Watson isn't a good wrestler and I think Alvey is smart enough to sprinkle in a few takedowns. Once Watson has the takedowns on his mind it will open up Alvey's pressure striking game that much more

for me it was a simple choice to grab Alvey at +130
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

UFC_FAN
    Life-Is-A-Parlay
    UFC_FAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 646

Alvey has been working alot on his wrasslin' if Sam doesnt get a knockout victory it will be an easy decision W for Smilin' Sam! I believe Alvey will have a nice UFC career.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Sam Alvey has been training at Team Quest now so I'm sure his ground game has improved. Common sense tells me this... I'm on Alvey in this fight....

MD

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Sam Alvey has been training at Team Quest now so I'm sure his ground game has improved. Common sense tells me this... I'm on Alvey in this fight....
    I thought it was called "Bleacher Report"?

"Alvey would probably be the first to admit he's a brawler type. But he also is based at Team Quest, that little camp featuring Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen and a few others known for the ground game. You think he picked up a thing or two while he was there?
    Prediction: Alvey, unanimous decision"

Just to balance out my dickishness, though, I'll throw you a nugget. Alvey's been training at Quest for years, it's not even close to being a new thing, so it shouldn't play any more of a factor than it did in any of his previous fights.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I thought it was called "Bleacher Report"?

"Alvey would probably be the first to admit he's a brawler type. But he also is based at Team Quest, that little camp featuring Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen and a few others known for the ground game. You think he picked up a thing or two while he was there?
    Prediction: Alvey, unanimous decision"

Just to balance out my dickishness, though, I'll throw you a nugget. Alvey's been training at Quest for years, it's not even close to being a new thing, so it shouldn't play any more of a factor than it did in any of his previous fights.
    No Shiiit.. MD.. I posted that bleacher report link so you bet your arse I read it first.. I actually saw the Team Quest training on Sherdog for Alvey long before so if I am reiterating this comment now it probably comes from both sherdog, bleacher report and common sense to be honest...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Sam-Alvey-35410

Alot of my post info. comes from reading article sources like Bleacher report and many others.. You should know this by now MD as I post them up all the time..... This is how I gather up information..

Just trying to help with info... That's being cool... Something you should practice once in a while MR. MD sir...

Take what you want from the write up links as always or just dismiss them MD.. IDC....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-09-14 at 03:20 AM.

MD

No Shiiit.. MD.. I posted that bleacher report link so you bet your arse I read it first.. I actually saw the Team Quest training on Sherdog for Alvey so if I am reiterating this comment it comes from both sherdog and bleacher report to be honest...

Alot of my post info. comes from reading article sources like Bleacher report and many others.. You should know this by now MD as I post them up all the time..... This is how I gather up information..

Just trying to help with info... That's being cool... Something you should practice once in a while MR. MD sir...

Take what you want from the write ups links as always or just dismiss them.. IDC....
    I literally just did. Do you even read my posts, or do you just assume that I'm going to badmouth you and write your replies without even reading them?

The first half of my post was a joke, and not even an offensive one, and the second half was me helping you out, since you were using misinformation to justify your wager. Not my fault if you took it the wrong way.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Both Sam Alvey and Tom Watson are very tough gentlemen.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I literally just did. Do you even read my posts, or do you just assume that I'm going to badmouth you and write your replies without even reading them?

The first half of my post was a joke, and not even an offensive one, and the second half was me helping you out, since you were using misinformation to justify your wager. Not my fault if you took it the wrong way.
    MD you rip me a new arse just about every chance you get... I'm use to it though.. All good.

So are we all in on Alvey then gents? Is it a done deal????

MD

MD you rip me a new arse just about every chance you get... I'm use to it though.. All good.

So are we all in on Alvey then gents? Is it a done deal????
    In future, don't give me that "y dnt U post info MD" crap, because every time I try to teach you anything, you ignore it.

MarkWoodstick
    Update your status
    MarkWoodstick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

I strongly disagree MD.... If a fighter has lost his mojo so to speak, burned out, not fighting confident, not focused on the task at hand going in then you're not gonna get the best fighter that guy can be in the cage come fight night.. This is a very mental sport, just ask Andrei Arlovski about this subject when he didn't have his mind right....

Being focused, fighting smart and being confident going into these fights are very significant and could make the difference between winning and losing.... So a mental state should be considered as a factor in the equation I believe. Especially if you can gather that information and make sure it's 100% accurate and coming in from a reputable source......

My take anyways on a fighters "mental state"....
    You my friend, are a modern day Tolstoy.

marzwoody

Sam Alvey looks like a f-kn goon smilin like a tard and wearing dumb underwear.

MarkWoodstick
    Update your status

I'm watching some of Alvey's fights and his "American's Next Top Model" winning wife is shouting out instructions to him. Is that a penetrating joke?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

UFC loves a good story That's why he is fighting Watson Alvey w the W

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Sam Alvey looks like a f-kn goon smilin like a tard and wearing dumb underwear.
    You were checking out the package marz, dont deny it.

MarkWoodstick
    Update your status

2 pages of comments and I have yet to hear a convincing argument for Sam Alvey.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Guys, he's a wrastler... What more do ya need??

MarkWoodstick
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Guys, he's a wrastler... What more do ya need??

In the fights I've seen him in, he didn't once attempt a takedown. The guy is a "brawler", plain and simple.

MarkWoodstick
    Update your status

I just put down my bet for Watson. I think he's going to put an absolute beating on Alvey.

marzwoody

^ WRONG did you not see Alveys outfit at the weigh ins? he means serious bidniss cuz. expect watson to get starched in round 1.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Bottom line is, Sam Alvey is a goony-goo-goo who looks like the bully from A Christmas Story, yet he has a super hot wife. Women like good looks, money, and badasses.

He doesn't have good looks. He's a fighter, so doesn't have any money. So he must be one hell of a badass.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody, and Bumdeal

MD

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Bottom line is, Sam Alvey is a goony-goo-goo who looks like the bully from A Christmas Story, yet he has a super hot wife. Women like good looks, money, and badasses.

He doesn't have good looks. He's a fighter, so doesn't have any money. So he must be one hell of a badass.
    To account for that: when W=!!!, and $=0, =EW, MD=1.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

I might as well have given you my bets on Watson. How could I have been so blind...

UFC_FAN
    Life-Is-A-Parlay

Ready to pay this months rent with Sams W!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

MD

Look how focused and mentally prepared he looks! JIBBBY was right!

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

No take down attempts. Barely any offense at all. Sucking wind in the first round. Really weird.

UFC_FAN
    Life-Is-A-Parlay

Finish him alvey fock!!!!

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Called it, Tom Watson by effective kicking strategy.
    Points Awarded:

MD gave Sacrelicious 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UFC_FAN
    Life-Is-A-Parlay

Alvey is better but faught like a fockface

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    No take down attempts. Barely any offense at all. Sucking wind in the first round. Really weird.
    You know he's fought before, right?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by UFC_FAN View Post
    Alvey is better but faught like a fockface
    Guy only knows how to move forward slowly while throwing one punch at a time, or bumrush forward slowly and throw a few punches in succession.

Get over yourself.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

You know he's fought before, right?
    Please explain? Are you saying that's not his style? I get it, but he does have wrestling experience and Watsons weakness is wrestling and being on is back. Figured there'd be more strategy from Sam

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

MarkWoodstick
    Update your status

We need more insider info on fighters!

First 123 Last