JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Not so sure Rampage can stop his takedowns. The bigger question is will Mo even go for a takedown? Mo has developed Wrestler/Boxer syndrome where he has decided he isn't a wrestler anymore but a fantastic boxer. Him getting KOd hasn't stopped him either.
    Granted King Mo can wrestle and that is fact but how often have we seen Rampage on his back against top level competition in the UFC in the past? A few times, but being this a first PPV and fight event in Bellator for Rampage he will train up, be in shape and look to defend King Mo's greatest strength (Wrestling).. Rampage anti wrestled Jon Jones and lasted a long time in that fight standing not too long ago...

I can't see Rampage on his back early on in this fight.. Perhaps if he starts to gas out late or gets to aggressive with his striking at some point Mo will be able to take him down.. Not so convinced it will ever get to that point in the fight though..

I just think when the fight is standing Rampage has a huge advantage... Rampage should bring it and be ready in his first Bellator fight.. King Mo is a class B fighter that couldn't last a minute in the UFC.. Rampage is proven, fought the best, and really has a ton of experience over King Mo if anything else in big fights..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-12-14 at 04:50 PM.

Pabst
    Pabst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Granted King Mo can wrestle how often have we seen Rampage on his back against top level competition in the UFC? A few times, but being this a first PPV and fight event in Bellator for Rampage he will train up, be in shape and look to defend King Mo's greatest strength (Wrestling)..

I can't see Rampage on his back too much early on in this fight.. Perhaps if he starts to gas out late or gets to aggressive with his striking at some point Mo will be able to take him down.. Not so convinced it will ever get to that point in the fight though..

I just think when the fight is standing Rampage has a huge advantage... Rampage should bring it and be ready in his first Bellator fight.. King Mo is a class B fighter that couldn't last a minute in the UFC.. Rampage is proven, fought the best, and really has a ton of experience over King Mo if anything else in big fights..
    You do understand this is Rampage 3rd fight in Bellator and that King Mo has never fought in the UFC ?

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Ryan Bader took Rampage down without problem. Not saying that King Mo's wrestling is on Bader's level, but Q can be taken down.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    Ryan Bader took Rampage down without problem. Not saying that King Mo's wrestling is on Bader's level, but Q can be taken down.
    King Mo has much better wrestling credentials than Bader; however, after all of these surgeries, I do not know how strong Mo's wrestling is.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

What's not real clear is, has Quinton looked great in Bellator because he's actually making an effort now, or because he's fighting bellator scrubs? If this fight happened in the UFC 3 years ago, line would've been something like Mo -300.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pabst View Post
    You do understand this is Rampage 3rd fight in Bellator and that King Mo has never fought in the UFC ?
    Ment first Title fight and PPV event in Bellator for Rampage... My bad with the wording...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

What's not real clear is, has Quinton looked great in Bellator because he's actually making an effort now, or because he's fighting bellator scrubs? If this fight happened in the UFC 3 years ago, line would've been something like Mo -300.
    Bellator and what was Strike Force was a road to re-invent good aging fighters that had recently struggled against the elite in the UFC..

Ask Dan Henderson about lessor venue travels.. It helped him out as he got serious, won fights to help his confidence and rededicated himself and his training to the sport.... Hendo got better since Rampage destroyed him wrestling and on the ground in the UFC that sent him packing and reeling...... Rampage can wrestle...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rampage back in the UFC again after cleaning house in Bellator before he officially retires and hangs em up.. King Mo isn't gonna derail Rampage Jackson right now.. Rampage is focused and training hard for this one.. Scary...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-12-14 at 06:54 PM.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

Bellator and what was Strike Force was a road to re-invent good aging fighters that had recently struggled against the elite in the UFC..

Ask Dan Henderson about lessor venue travels.. It helped him out as he got serious, won fights to help his confidence and rededicated himself and his training to the sport.... Hendo got better since Rampage destroyed him wrestling and on the ground in the UFC that sent him packing and reeling...... Rampage can wrestle...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rampage back in the UFC again after cleaning house in Bellator before he officially retires and hangs em up.. King Mo isn't gonna derail Rampage Jackson right now.. Rampage is focused and training hard for this one.. Scary...

Henderson was on a 3 fight win streak when he left for Strikeforce, fresh off absolutely starching Michael Bisping. He left because Dana wouldn't give him the money he wanted, not because he was afraid of the UFC competition or because he lost a decision to Rampage 3 years earlier.

I agree that Rampage was lacking motivation at the tail end of his UFC career (missed weight vs Bader) but I think you're giving him too much credit..

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Ment first Title fight and PPV event in Bellator for Rampage... My bad with the wording...
    You meant that it will be Rampage's first Bellator pay-per-view? Uh, what? It's the first ever Bellator PPV, and it's not a title fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Like a motivated bj penn right

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I got Alvarez.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    I got Alvarez.
    in what?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Patricky off the card.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    Patricky off the card.
    Where you been?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    You meant that it will be Rampage's first Bellator pay-per-view? Uh, what? It's the first ever Bellator PPV, and it's not a title fight.
    Big fight for Rampage let's just leave it at that.. Biig grudge match and a NONE TITLE fight.. You right.. The winner of this fight gets the title bout in the next fight.. http://ppv.bellator.com/

My picks going in and why -

Rampage Jackson - Rampage should win by KO as he's more experienced, hits harder then Mo and has the better chin.. King Mo does have a wrestling advantage but I think Rampage will be prepared to defend the take down attempts..

Wil Brooks - He probably wins by decision as Wil Brooks should hold a speed advantage over Chandler and I can see him winning rounds on points..

Alexander Shlemenko - Tito is going to be grossly out classed standing with Alexander.. Tito's only hope in this fight would be to put Shlemenko on his back but I don't see that happening. Tito probably gets stopped in round 1 or 2 by strikes.. Tito's been out too long and Shlemenko is a tough Russian dude to face coming back.

I'm undecided on the remaining 2 fights on the PPV card.. I'm leaning towards Volkov and Rainy but I just don't like picking against undefeated fighters in their opponents.. Hard to make that 0 go most of the time..

Thoughts people?
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-13-14 at 12:02 PM.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Yep. THEN it will be Rampages first Title fight.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Where you been?
    lol. old news? i just heard yesterday, and i didnt see it mentioned in the thread.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Yeah, last week I think. Hope you didn't spend any time capping that one.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

I just spent 3 hours capping the fight and I've arrived at the conclusion: Marcin Held by Submission

Beelzebubzy

I guess I will have to autofade Tito at -300

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    I guess I will have to autofade Tito at -300
    Ching Chang!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

You hit that Brooks opener MD?

MD

No. You?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

No sir. Go ahead an hit it now, though.

MD

You like Chandler that much?

Beelzebubzy

Ching Chang!
    I might take the over as well. Do not see that big head bastard quitting to a MW in the first round

MD

I might take the over as well. Do not see that big head bastard quitting to a MW in the first round
    One does not simply quit to the storm.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Hit it, let me know when you're done.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    You like Chandler that much?
    Not yet, but if you hit Brooks a few times I will.

MD

Not yet, but if you hit Brooks a few times I will.
    I don't think anything over -300 is justifiable for Chandler, to be honest.

Brooks is the more talented fighter, he improves faster, and I expect him to be far more prepared for Chandler than Chandler is for him.

Telling you guys, Will Brooks is the truth. I 'capped him at edit: -250 against Sarnavskiy when everyone thought Tiger would finish him, I don't know why people underestimate him so much. Chandler should win, sure, but if this fight took place a year from now I'd have Chandler under -200, and Brooks' improvement has surprised me every time to date, so he may surprise me again.
    Last edited by MD; 05-13-14 at 03:58 PM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Brooks looked like a killer against Kitaoka, I was huge on him originally, have become less impressed with him over time.

MMAMath, but Chandler beats everyone Brooks has, but stops them.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The only problem I see with WIll Brooks is that he is taking this fight on short notice.. Is he properly trained up and really ready to go against very stiff and tough competition in Chandler?.. If not he certainly can get caught and dropped..

He hasn't fought since November of last year with that being said.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Will-Brooks-76241

http://www.mmaweekly.com/michael-cha...-120-headliner

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Yahoo sports posted this article up a few minutes ago.. The word I was getting is Will Brooks is ready and this article kind of supports that fact..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...203420368.html

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

The only problem I see with WIll Brooks is that he is taking this fight on short notice.. Is he properly trained up and really ready to go against very stiff and tough competition in Chandler?
    You could say the same about Chandler though, he was preparing for a fight against Alvarez, not Brooks.

In fact, Brooks was expecting to face Chandler or Alvarez next, whereas Chandler should've only been concerned with Alvarez in front of him, so you might argue that Brooks is more prepared for Chandler than vice-versa.

But, these sorts of intangibles aren't very useful IMO, you can spin the story any way you want.

First 12345 ... Last