JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

^^ True Nunya, but for Chandler he was always knowing he was going to fight on this set date, and for Will Brooks that's not the case.. This should make Chandler slightly more prepared then Will Brooks, whom got a call recently and agreed to step in and take this fight..

Probably not a big deal like you say and you can spin this story around a little bit.. I'm just thinking if Will Brooks isn't sparring like he should up to a fight, is his timing gonna be slower or off a hair?. If so his chin will probably get tested and that's not a good thing against a guy like Chandler..

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I'm guessing Brooks still can't strike, moving away from the midwest to Att was a great move though. I fought on the same card as when he made his pro debut and I've seen almost all of his amateur fights and all of his pro fights, he's just never picked striking up well. Chandler is much better at striking and hes a better wrestler.. Long night for Brooks

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ True Nunya, but for Chandler he was always knowing he was going to fight on this set date, and for Will Brooks that's not the case.. This should make Chandler slightly more prepared then Will Brooks, whom got a call recently and agreed to step in and take this fight..

Probably not a big deal like you say and you can spin this story around a little bit.. I'm just thinking if Will Brooks isn't sparring like he should up to a fight, is his timing gonna be slower or off a hair?. If so his chin will probably get tested and that's not a good thing against a guy like Chandler..
    Lol what are you talking about dude? Will was supposed to fight nate jolly.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    I'm guessing Brooks still can't strike, moving away from the midwest to Att was a great move though. I fought on the same card as when he made his pro debut and I've seen almost all of his amateur fights and all of his pro fights, he's just never picked striking up well. Chandler is much better at striking and hes a better wrestler.. Long night for Brooks
    I think Brooks has good timing, a good distancing game and really good kicks. Solid footwork (at times) too. His hands are definitely poor, though.
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol what are you talking about dude? Will was supposed to fight nate jolly.
    A so called tune up fight were Will Brooks exact words as stated to fighting Nate Jolly.. Chandler is a huge step up in comp and a harder guy to prepare for... Preparing for Jolly is not like preparing for Chandler..

Ok let's get ready to rumble then.. My money is still on Will Brooks.. He's a hard guy to finish as his last 3 fights have gone for decision victories.. He doesn't gas out easily either..

Nate Jolly is gonna get hammered by Marcin Held by the way..

MD

A so called tune up fight were Will Brooks exact words as stated to fighting Nate Jolly.. Chandler is a huge step up in comp and a harder guy to prepare for... Preparing for Jolly is not like preparing for Chandler..

Ok let's get ready to rumble then.. My money is still on Will Brooks.. He's a hard guy to finish as his last 3 fights have gone for decision victories.. He doesn't gas out easily either..

Nate Jolly is gonna get hammered by Marcin Held by the way..
    And preparing for Alvarez is not like preparing for Brooks. Nunya just told you this. You're pulling us 'round in circles brah.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    And preparing for Alvarez is not like preparing for Brooks. Nunya just told you this. You're pulling us 'round in circles brah.
    Alvarez is such a better fighter then Jolly.. Come on man... Preparing for a tune up bout and preparing for the fight of your career are 2 different beasts.. Chandler was preparing for a huge fight and Will Brooks simply was preparing for a tune up bout.. He has stated this in interviews..

Anyways.. American Top Team has Will Brooks trained up I'm sure... We are going around in circles and I'll lay this dog to rest.. Just discussing what if's.. Should be a good fight regardless

MD

Alvarez is such a better fighter then Jolly.. Come on man... Preparing for a tune up bout and preparing for the fight of your career are 2 different beasts.. Chandler was preparing for a huge fight and Will Brooks simply was preparing for a tune up bout.. He has stated this in interviews..

Anyways.. American Top Team has Will Brooks trained up I'm sure... We are going around in circles and I'll lay this dog to rest.. Just discussing what if's.. Should be a good fight regardless
    What do you think a tune up fight is for? It's to keep Brooks busy and stave off ring rust, of course he was preparing for Chandler. He was going to fight Chandler even if he lost to Jolly, it would make little sense to do anything more than cursory preparation for Jolly.

MD

Brooks up to +450. May hit +600 before close.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

I think Brooks has good timing, a good distancing game and really good kicks. Solid footwork (at times) too. His hands are definitely poor, though.
    That's a good way to put it, besides Awaad I never actually see him taking much damage on the feet... Or delivering lol.

MD

That's a good way to put it, besides Awaad I never actually see him taking much damage on the feet... Or delivering lol.
    Yeah, he's really, really good at keeping people off of him with kicks, but he lacks the infighting game to supplement it. He's really strong from the wrestling clinch positions, but it's very difficult for him to actually get there when you consider that his opponent has the forward momentum and Brooks is moving backwards. His biggest problems come from guys closing the distance and his unpreparedness in those positions; could you imagine him fighting a 155lb Woodley? He'd get KO'd the vast majority of the time. A guy who closes distance that quickly and hits that hard? Worst possible matchup for Brooks. Nurmagomedov would put his lights out.

Lots going for him, though. Shore up a few weaknesses and he could be the best lightweight in MMA. Incredible wrestling, very good fight IQ, excellent kicks. I'm always excited when I see a good wrestle-kicker*, because they're so rare, but Brooks is excellent at what he does.

*but only if they have Frank Mir's body
    Last edited by MD; 05-13-14 at 08:11 PM.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Bjorn is going to roofie Brooks before the fight

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

What do you think a tune up fight is for? It's to keep Brooks busy and stave off ring rust, of course he was preparing for Chandler. He was going to fight Chandler even if he lost to Jolly, it would make little sense to do anything more than cursory preparation for Jolly.
    You win MD.. Brooks is absolutely just as trained up and fighting his best whether he was fighting Chandler or Jolly.... I'm am reaching at straws most likely.. Was just looking for "what if's" or "why nots" for Brooks - as to why he might not be up for this challenge. Like I said let's give this a rest..

I will say this and will go along with you MD on this bet!!!!! For the value I think it's worth a try going with "I AM" Brooks... Especially if it does go way above the +400 that you are projecting!!!

Brooks is a solid fighter and does have a decent chance of beating Chandler in this scrap... Both fighters only lost one fight.. Both are solid and proven..

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chandler should take this.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

-900 now on 5D

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Mo has been basically a can for a handful of fights now. Not saying Rampage is some real good fighter. It is an all too often used cliché but if Page is focused he should have no problem with Mo. This is happening in Page's backyard and I think that at least should mean Page cares if he comes in and gets beat. The Bader fight was hard to tell. He was overweight and had Asian women on his mind. And as for the Tex fight, I rate Tex better than most. Mo isn't as good as either of those guys, not even really close.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Mo has been basically a can for a handful of fights now. Not saying Rampage is some real good fighter. It is an all too often used cliché but if Page is focused he should have no problem with Mo. This is happening in Page's backyard and I think that at least should mean Page cares if he comes in and gets beat. The Bader fight was hard to tell. He was overweight and had Asian women on his mind. And as for the Tex fight, I rate Tex better than most. Mo isn't as good as either of those guys, not even really close.
    I think that whether or not Rampage shows up isn't an issue, the problem is whether or not Mo shows up in top condition. Rampage will probably never show up for a fight again for the rest of his career, but Mo probably will. Rampage in his current laughable state is better than Lawal at his worst.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Rampage has enough today to beat King MO.. I'm still very confident in taking Rampage in this fight..

Thinking about Tito Ortiz though, he will be the much larger fighter coming into this fight.. He could impose his size, strength and wrestling on the smaller Shlemko early on.. I'm mostly thinking of a younger Ortiz possibly doing that with his wrestling and not the old Tito we will see in the cage in a few days from now though...

I still think Tito will be too slow to get the take downs and he should certainly be out classed standing against the tough Russian.. If the fight does last Tito probably will gas out and basically become a punching bag for Sputnik....

Unless Tito has found the fountain of youth I think he's in for a really bad beat down..

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

Tito is going to get demolished.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Askren already told everybody tht tito is going to take a dive anyway as he has links to schlemenko!

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

Wouldn't surprise me. One of their few stars going down doesn't benefit Bellator.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

Tito needs to pay those bills, he has an Ibuprofen addiction to support

MD

Brooks up to +450. May hit +600 before close.
    Brooks +600.

How high can we go?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

+700

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Another good fight to watch out for is this Ivanov vs Alexander Volkov bout.. http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/bellato...nov-no-problem

Ivanov undefeated at 11-0 seems to win all his fights on the ground but tall Alexander is a striking threat to behold.. Remember he delivered that crazy head kick on Mighty Mo to send him to the grave almost.. He himself also got dropped standing against Vitally Minakov in round 1 not too long ago.. (Volkov's chin is a bit suspect I think)

I'm leaning towards Volkov because of his length and striking abilities but if Ivanov can take this fight immediately to the ground it's probably his fight to win.. Ivanov got the best of Lavar Johnson on the ground..

Hard to pic this one really!!!! Both fighters have their different strengths and weaknesses.. I'm not gonna touch this fight unless the odds skyrocket in favor of one fighter!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPIacDzO-FM
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-14-14 at 07:09 PM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Rampage has enough today to beat King MO.. I'm still very confident in taking Rampage in this fight..

Thinking about Tito Ortiz though, he will be the much larger fighter coming into this fight.. He could impose his size, strength and wrestling on the smaller Shlemko early on.. I'm mostly thinking of a younger Ortiz possibly doing that with his wrestling and not the old Tito we will see in the cage in a few days from now though...

I still think Tito will be too slow to get the take downs and he should certainly be out classed standing against the tough Russian.. If the fight does last Tito probably will gas out and basically become a punching bag for Sputnik....

Unless Tito has found the fountain of youth I think he's in for a really bad beat down..
    Tito gas? Rogan says Tito has one of the best gas tanks in the sport.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    He trains up at Big Bear in case you haven't heard.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    +700
    Hit +705. Let's keep waiting.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Joe Rogan is smoking some good sheeeeet if he did say that Thor...Maybe he was thinking 20 years ago.. LOL..

Tito has been wearing out late in fights or maybe just that he's getting beat up and looking like he was worn out... Hmmm? Correct me if I'm wrong and if I'm remembering this incorrectly in his last 3 fights as that happened many moons ago? Back problems the excuse I know.. Bla bla bla...

Tito doesn't have a big gas tank now at his age.. NO WAY... I have a feeling Tito Ortiz is a total can today.. We will see.. He could get knocked out cold in this one and I wouldn't rule that out!!!!!

He did fight stiff competition though in 2 out of his 3 last fight losses.. He's just been out of the cage for too long now and aging, that can't be good... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tito-Ortiz-158

His last fight was 2 years ago against a washed up Forrest Griffin in which he lost.. Back problems or not... If he would have had a few tune up fights and looked good then I might be on board.. This Russian he is facing is no JOKE!!!!

Parlay this one up if it doesn't go over -500.....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-14-14 at 08:56 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Hit +705. Let's keep waiting.
    I just hope Will Brooks can win this fight.. Those odds are getting crazy though MD!!!! Still need to win the bet to collect unfortunately... Don't get too happy slappy....

MD

I just hope Will Brooks can win this fight.. Those odds are getting crazy though MD!!!! Still need to win the bet to collect unfortunately... Don't get too happy slappy....
    EG. All I care about.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

EG. All I care about.
    I hears ya....

Another flip of the coin fight pic with crazy odds is the Ricky Rainy vs Michael Page fight...

Ricky is what +350 now? He's got way more experience in the cage then Page.. Sure Page looks like a beast in his 5 fight undefeated win streak but Rainy has fought longer and probably the tougher foe so far.. Rainy has only one bad loss in 10 pro fights, his other loss was suspect!!!!! http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ricky-Rainey-68769

Michael Page comes from England and has fought 5 pro fights.. Whooopie... He's getting hype and looked decent and strong in most of those 5 wins.. Good for PAGE..... Comparing both fighters though Page seems slower then Rainy but probably has the harder punch early on... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Page-91937

I hate betting against undefeated fighters but I'm gonna do it this time around.. 5 wins isn't like 15 wins while still being undefeated as a pro..

I think this is a really good value pic along with Brooks in my mind.. One should land.. I'm gonna play both equal and hope one lands..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-14-14 at 09:27 PM.

MD

I hears ya....

Another flip of the coin fight pic with crazy odds is the Ricky Rainy vs Michael Page fight...

Ricky is what +350 now? He's got way more experience in the cage then Page.. Sure Page looks like a beast in his 5 fight undefeated win streak but Rainy has fought longer and probably the tougher foe so far.. Rainy has only one bad loss in 10 pro fights, his other loss was suspect!!!!! http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ricky-Rainey-68769

Michael Page comes from England and has fought 5 pro fights.. Whooopie... He's getting hype and looked decent and strong in most of those 5 wins.. Good for PAGE..... Comparing both fighters though Page seems slower then Rainy but probably has the harder punch early on... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Page-91937

I hate betting against undefeated fighters but I'm gonna do it this time around.. 5 wins isn't like 15 wins while still being undefeated as a pro..

I think this is a really good value pic along with Brooks in my mind.. One should land.. I'm gonna play both equal and hope one lands..
    Are you insane?

Did you really say he looked "decent and strong" in "most" of his five wins? He's looked like an unbeatable Reinhardt-like God of battle in every single one of his fights, against absolute nobodies, but let's give him his credit. His performances need to be weighted in accordance to his level of competition, but there's absolutely no way you can say he's looked "decent and strong". The whole world is talking about this guy after his performances. He's opening the first ever Bellator PPV in his first big-stage fight. He might have the most impressive-looking resume after five fights of any MMA fighter (key word being "looking", which is what is important to draw viewers).

And he's far faster than Rainey, c'mon man, watch his fights.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Is Michael Page related to Ram?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Beelzebubzy

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Should pick on someone your own size. Jibsy should be off limits.

First 123456 ... Last