Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

hehe

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    MD caps Dillashaw -400 to -600.
    Please tell me that you are merely jesting. Maybe MD hasn't been getting much sleep lately.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Please tell me that you are merely jesting. Maybe MD hasn't been getting much sleep lately.

Woosh.
    Points Awarded:

Sykes gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sykes gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yeah not looked in to it at all but when I saw the line I immediately thought Dillashaw was over-valued. Problem with Easton is he doesnt use his wrestling offensively which puts me off. Dillashaw does get sloppy with his stand up at times though, wouldnt be surprised see Easton land a hook on him and drop him
    Easton's got faster hands, and good TDD. Though Dillashaws wrestling has definitely been impressive, one could see this being a closely contested striking battle, with some TDs from each man. Was good to see Easton use his wrestling against Brad Pickett, seems he's evolved on that front. Pretty sure if anyone gets the TD its Dilla though. Didnt he gass somewhat vs Assuncao? Had money on the brazillian that fight, but thought Shaw deserved the decision. Though he was overvalued as usual. Like here.

Easton is also really good at the patterned Guida monkey dance where he looks real busy without doing a lot, which the judges just adore

MD

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Easton's got faster hands, and good TDD. Though Dillashaws wrestling has definitely been impressive, one could see this being a closely contested striking battle, with some TDs from each man. Was good to see Easton use his wrestling against Brad Pickett, seems he's evolved on that front. Pretty sure if anyone gets the TD its Dilla though. Didnt he gass somewhat vs Assuncao? Had money on the brazillian that fight, but thought Shaw deserved the decision. Though he was overvalued as usual. Like here.

Easton is also really good at the patterned Guida monkey dance where he looks real busy without doing a lot, which the judges just adore
    Easton has shown some incredible TDD at times. When he's expecting the takedown, he's almost impossible to get down. He's easy to fake, though.

Dillashaw may have gassed against Assuncao, I'm not entirely sure. After watching it, I more got the vibe that he was completely thrown off by Assuncao's counters. I thought Dillashaw won reasonably clearly, but Assuncao did more damage overall; he was busting TJ up, and TJ didn't look comfortable with it. If he didn't gas, then he slowed down his output significantly because he was worried about getting hit. Important to remember that he arguably did enough to win that third round, though, and he rebounded well after getting stomped in R2.

Easton is just the right type of fighter to play into TJ's game. If Dillashaw loses to Easton, he should give up any title hopes he had. He's the second most talented guy at Alpha Male by my estimation, but Easton isn't much of a roadblock, he's a very mediocre fighter.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Yeah I might just have to lay down some cash on Easton via Dec. -300 for Dillashaw is way off.

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Easton has shown some incredible TDD at times. When he's expecting the takedown, he's almost impossible to get down. He's easy to fake, though.

Dillashaw may have gassed against Assuncao, I'm not entirely sure. After watching it, I more got the vibe that he was completely thrown off by Assuncao's counters. I thought Dillashaw won reasonably clearly, but Assuncao did more damage overall; he was busting TJ up, and TJ didn't look comfortable with it. If he didn't gas, then he slowed down his output significantly because he was worried about getting hit. Important to remember that he arguably did enough to win that third round, though, and he rebounded well after getting stomped in R2.

Easton is just the right type of fighter to play into TJ's game. If Dillashaw loses to Easton, he should give up any title hopes he had. He's the second most talented guy at Alpha Male by my estimation, but Easton isn't much of a roadblock, he's a very mediocre fighter.
    Not sure I agree on the last part. Except the mediocre fight part. Good TDD, fast hands has wonky decision written all over it. He should probably win this by being all around better though, especially in the wrestling. Im not sure hes ever been really taken down in the UFC.

MD

Not sure I agree on the last part. Except the mediocre fight part. Good TDD, fast hands has wonky decision written all over it. He should probably win this by being all around better though, especially in the wrestling. Im not sure hes ever been really taken down in the UFC.
    Have you ever seen Easton vs Beebe? It's probably the worst decision in the history of MMA, so yeah, he definitely has a shot at stealing one. Hell, he almost got the nod against Pickett despite arguably losing R2 (I thought he did) and clearly losing R1 and R3.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Play the over. Both guys have had slow fights in the past, neither hve one shot ko power. Most likely finish scenario is dilladhaw scrambling and taking the back ala Faber IMO

kid_mikey_84
    kid_mikey_84's Avatar Become A Pro!

So many cans to bet on...so little time

mirinquads

Have you ever seen Easton vs Beebe? It's probably the worst decision in the history of MMA, so yeah, he definitely has a shot at stealing one. Hell, he almost got the nod against Pickett despite arguably losing R2 (I thought he did) and clearly losing R1 and R3.
    Havent seen it, gotta have to find it though. The tight purple shorts, apelike jumps and spastics movement score high with judges now a days. Guy is very average otherwise though, I remember grapping Assancuao at almost +300 against him, completely mindboggling.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Because the ps and bs are so close together.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Play the over. Both guys have had slow fights in the past, neither hve one shot ko power. Most likely finish scenario is dilladhaw scrambling and taking the back ala Faber IMO
    Dillashaw has finished almost all of his fights?? He doesn't really have slow fights, even in his fight with watson that went to decision, he almost finished him several times.
    Last edited by Dwil125; 01-09-14 at 09:46 PM.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Dillashaw has finished almost all of his fights?? He doesn't really have slow fights, even in his fight with watson that went to decision he almost finished him several times.
    Pretty much, yeah. I definitely think Dillashaw has KO power, and that Watson fight was one of the most dominant decisions the UFC has had. He completely decimated him.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can understand dillashaw being the favorite but buy that much is just crazy. normally there wrong about this kind of shit.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Pretty much, yeah. I definitely think Dillashaw has KO power, and that Watson fight was one of the most dominant decisions the UFC has had. He completely decimated him.
    Dude you could have pmed me if my opinion is wrong. Why Yous gots to make it public?
    Foolz

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    more lines

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion
    ibetkellybro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 167

wow did not realize what a gold mine this card is. Might be the best one in years. especially the bottom half. this guy will make me alot of money.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Easton used his wrestling to take pickett down vaughany. However pickettt got the better of the wrestling by my estimation. He also put easton against the cage quite a bit as well. I watched assuncao vs dillashaw and innmy opinion it was assuncaos boxing that gave dillashaw trouble. He didnt need to utilize a lot of kicks which allowed him to maintain his base and outbox dillashaw. His counters were on the money and dillashaw couldnt figure them out. He was doing well in round one but assuncao started to get his timing. I also dont think that he gassed. He was getting beaten up.

As far as how easton matches up with dillashaw its hard to say. I think dillashaw will have the edge in overall grappling. Pickett was doing well against him and i think that dillashaw is a better grappler than him and physically stronger. Easton looked a lot thicker than pickett and seemed to muscle him around at times. Regardless pickett was able to get him down. I found it hard to tell how good eastons boxing was because picketts boxing was looking so good, at least for the first round. Im not sure how easton would match up against dillashaw in the striking department. I do think easton has better technique and a more versatile arsenal of attacks. Dillashaw should have the power advantage, if he can connect.

dillashaw should be the best wrestler easton has ever fought. Weve seen easton get taken down against pickett and weve seem dillashaw struggle to take down assuncao. Someone mentioned easton versus chase beebe being a bad decision? Did easton get outwrestled in that one?

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ibetkellybro View Post
    wow did not realize what a gold mine this card is. Might be the best one in years. especially the bottom half. this guy will make me alot of money.

I like Ortiz quite a bit. Seen him alot on sherdog & hdnet. A lot of upside long term but think he might be still too green for this level of fighter. He'll have a good showing tho.

MD

^ Disagree about Ortiz having upside long-term. I think he's pretty mediocre in every area.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Easton used his wrestling to take pickett down vaughany. However pickettt got the better of the wrestling by my estimation. He also put easton against the cage quite a bit as well. I watched assuncao vs dillashaw and innmy opinion it was assuncaos boxing that gave dillashaw trouble. He didnt need to utilize a lot of kicks which allowed him to maintain his base and outbox dillashaw. His counters were on the money and dillashaw couldnt figure them out. He was doing well in round one but assuncao started to get his timing. I also dont think that he gassed. He was getting beaten up.

As far as how easton matches up with dillashaw its hard to say. I think dillashaw will have the edge in overall grappling. Pickett was doing well against him and i think that dillashaw is a better grappler than him and physically stronger. Easton looked a lot thicker than pickett and seemed to muscle him around at times. Regardless pickett was able to get him down. I found it hard to tell how good eastons boxing was because picketts boxing was looking so good, at least for the first round. Im not sure how easton would match up against dillashaw in the striking department. I do think easton has better technique and a more versatile arsenal of attacks. Dillashaw should have the power advantage, if he can connect.

dillashaw should be the best wrestler easton has ever fought. Weve seen easton get taken down against pickett and weve seem dillashaw struggle to take down assuncao. Someone mentioned easton versus chase beebe being a bad decision? Did easton get outwrestled in that one?
    He managed to win the fight while being backmounted, yeah. He got worked.

mmaed

Was he consistently outwrestled?

mmaed

Anyone else see phillipou having a lot of trouble closing the distance against rockhold? I think theres going to be a huge height differnce. Rockhold also uses a lot of kicks and phillipou uses mostly boxing. I could see rockhold stayingon the outside and picking him apart. Still not sure if i want to lay the juice on this one though. -390 is hefty.

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

wat u guys think of romero the god warrior

MD

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post
    He's ok. A bit too butch for my tastes. He'd look a lot better if he grew some hair.

mmaed

He's ok. A bit too butch for my tastes. He'd look a lot better if he grew some hair.
    Hes got nice .

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post
    Is that the swole cheerleader?

dankeykang
    dankeykang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Yoel should be -500 at least. This fight is almost a hometown fight for him coming out of ATT. Brunson has no shot at taking him down so will have to stand and test his glass vs Yoel's superior genetics.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Rockhold, Romero, Dillashaw and Ortiz.

dankeykang

I agree with everything except Dillashaw. Cant bet him at that price. Easton is a hard guy to bet against. He looks impressive and judges love fast black men. Even if they are losing judges like to score rounds for them. The value is on Easton or pass.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by dankeykang View Post
    I agree with everything except Dillashaw. Cant bet him at that price. Easton is a hard guy to bet against. He looks impressive and judges love fast black men. Even if they are losing judges like to score rounds for them. The value is on Easton or pass.
    Dont we all

dankeykang

Yeah just look at Broner. Everybody thought he won rounds his whole career while he actually lost a lot of those rounds. But since he talked like Floyd, had a horrible shoulder roll impression and was a strong, thick and tight black man judges just thought him standing there and shaking his head won him the round.

Easton doesn't do much but him standing there all sweaty with ripped ab's and a mean face could win him two rounds.

mirinquads

^Agreed, dont forget the random ape like bouncing, no racist.

dankeykang

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by dankeykang View Post
    I think I agree with that. Easton can win this one. No bet. I do think Dillashaw should be favored.

First 12345 ... Last