bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

lets talk about adrien broner for a few minutes

watching that fight...i actually felt bad for the kid....despite his ignorant antics.....i believe the kid works hard behind the scenes....you could see in his eyes the pain as his 8 figure dreams were slipping away from him and he knew he bit off a bit more than he could chew right now....

i wonder if this whole thing could have been avoided.....im not sure who was behind it...haymon....himself....probably both....going for a little too much too soon.....im pretty sure they were trying to get him to ppv status by 2015....and there wasnt much really any business left at 135 save for maybe a fight with gamboa that was going to be next to impossible to make

in comparing him to floyd which i hate to do....floyd came up from lightweight and had 3 fights at jr welter....testing himself twice and taking a strap at jr welter(which was his first ppv fight at age 27/28).....he then took on a 147 gatekeeper to test himself and make sure he was comfortable up there....sort of similar to them putting broner in with paulie....it was a good test and they knew his chin would not be really tested....he looked ok...not great....but there was no backing down after....couldnt say "eh maybe were gonna go back down to 135 this might not be the best idea"....

now comes his next fight....it most likely has to be someone within the golden boy banner and it def has to be someone the network approves.....thurman is out the window...too big in my opinion...and it wouldnt make sense for them to pit those guys against each other this early anyway.....paulie has already been had as a sacrificial lamb....mathysse and garcia are out......khan dropped plans for an alexander fight....so who knows what hes up to(well we think we do)....but that fight was not really sensible at this point....neither was a garcia or mathysse fight.....basically the only fighters he prob could have fought under the golden boy banner that would have been approved by showtime are guerrero, judah, or alexander.....

in hindsight....judah or alexander prob would have been the smarter choices...i guess they were more interested in putting on the "battle of brooklyn"....who knows maybe a judah fight would not have been approved either unless he was fighting paulie......instead they put him in with an iron chinned, heavy puncher who applies pressure relentlessly in his 2nd fight at 147 coming straight from 135....i kind of wonder if there was maybe a safer option that was viable.....if i were him i might be a bit pissed off at my matchmaker/handlers.....i think it was bit much a little too soon....

at this point even schaefer mentioned maybe even going back down...while broner said he wants a rematch...i think a rematch is the best thing for him....take some time off....get back in the gym...formulate a gameplan for what he knows is coming from maidana....and redeem himself......sort of juan ma moment for him like salido gave him.....even though juan man failed at redemption....if broner can redeem himself he can still be a player at 147 and get some big fights...if he were to fail....he can still go back down and say it was more than he could chew and dominate 135 or even go down to 140 and get some big fights and make some good money......

i hope this was a good lesson for this kid......time to tighten up the wallet a little....so hard for a kid that age to really put things in perspective.....when zab was a kid he was living the same way....while zab is/was a good fighter he was never "great" like he thought he was or was going to be....it took zab many years to really appreciate the game and the money he was making from it....

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

You realize broner isnt mayweather right?

mirinquads

Oh.. you mention him in the third paragraph.

Bye bye.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Oh.. you mention him in the third paragraph.

Bye bye.
    stop being a dick man...im here to talk about boxing.....you are here to talk nonsense....

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    stop being a dick man...im here to talk about boxing.....you are here to talk nonsense....
    that is miniquads m o

mirinquads

Im just here to mire quads.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

penetrate off Bobby you degen fukk. Nobody cares about that piece of human slime Broner...his next opponent needs to hide a pistol under the glove and freakin 'rek him right there in the middle of a Vegas fight.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

watching that fight...i actually felt bad for the kid....despite his ignorant antics.....i believe the kid works hard behind the scenes....you could see in his eyes the pain as his 8 figure dreams were slipping away from him and he knew he bit off a bit more than he could chew right now....

i wonder if this whole thing could have been avoided.....im not sure who was behind it...haymon....himself....probably both....going for a little too much too soon.....im pretty sure they were trying to get him to ppv status by 2015....and there wasnt much really any business left at 135 save for maybe a fight with gamboa that was going to be next to impossible to make

in comparing him to floyd which i hate to do....floyd came up from lightweight and had 3 fights at jr welter....testing himself twice and taking a strap at jr welter(which was his first ppv fight at age 27/28).....he then took on a 147 gatekeeper to test himself and make sure he was comfortable up there....sort of similar to them putting broner in with paulie....it was a good test and they knew his chin would not be really tested....he looked ok...not great....but there was no backing down after....couldnt say "eh maybe were gonna go back down to 135 this might not be the best idea"....

now comes his next fight....it most likely has to be someone within the golden boy banner and it def has to be someone the network approves.....thurman is out the window...too big in my opinion...and it wouldnt make sense for them to pit those guys against each other this early anyway.....paulie has already been had as a sacrificial lamb....mathysse and garcia are out......khan dropped plans for an alexander fight....so who knows what hes up to(well we think we do)....but that fight was not really sensible at this point....neither was a garcia or mathysse fight.....basically the only fighters he prob could have fought under the golden boy banner that would have been approved by showtime are guerrero, judah, or alexander.....

in hindsight....judah or alexander prob would have been the smarter choices...i guess they were more interested in putting on the "battle of brooklyn"....who knows maybe a judah fight would not have been approved either unless he was fighting paulie......instead they put him in with an iron chinned, heavy puncher who applies pressure relentlessly in his 2nd fight at 147 coming straight from 135....i kind of wonder if there was maybe a safer option that was viable.....if i were him i might be a bit pissed off at my matchmaker/handlers.....i think it was bit much a little too soon....

at this point even schaefer mentioned maybe even going back down...while broner said he wants a rematch...i think a rematch is the best thing for him....take some time off....get back in the gym...formulate a gameplan for what he knows is coming from maidana....and redeem himself......sort of juan ma moment for him like salido gave him.....even though juan man failed at redemption....if broner can redeem himself he can still be a player at 147 and get some big fights...if he were to fail....he can still go back down and say it was more than he could chew and dominate 135 or even go down to 140 and get some big fights and make some good money......

i hope this was a good lesson for this kid......time to tighten up the wallet a little....so hard for a kid that age to really put things in perspective.....when zab was a kid he was living the same way....while zab is/was a good fighter he was never "great" like he thought he was or was going to be....it took zab many years to really appreciate the game and the money he was making from it....

Broner got his just dessert's! The $ I lost on Broner was well worth the price of seeing that arrogant fool rushed off in an ambulance. The shame & look of embarrassment in his eyes was priceless! He fought Maidana with disdain & decided not to use any of his defensive tools. As a result he was clowned & won't be able to show his face on the streets of Cincinnati till he redeem's himself. I absolutely love it!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

I am bored with your boredom.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Ron now told ya V! Better back off...old man swinging!

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Broner got his just dessert's! The $ I lost on Broner was well worth the price of seeing that arrogant fool rushed off in an ambulance. The shame & look of embarrassment in his eyes was priceless! He fought Maidana with disdain & decided not to use any of his defensive tools. As a result he was clowned & won't be able to show his face on the streets of Cincinnati till he redeem's himself. I absolutely love it!
    i agree.....apparently floyd sr has reach out to him...and i think that would be a good pairing.....broner is too flat footed and doesnt use them enough.....i think a change could do him some good....sometimes guys get stuck in there ways with the same guys....look at maidana....guy picked up garcia(who is good) and it rejuvenated him to an extent......i think broner needs to push for an immediate rematch and get floyd sr in the gym with him...

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

he can't move and use the SR at the same time.... good at walking you down....but make him uncomfortable and his offense stops.
    IMO, he got a taste of what fighting a bigger opponent feels like... like when he terrorized the people in 130

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    he can't move and use the SR at the same time.... good at walking you down....but make him uncomfortable and his offense stops.
    IMO, he got a taste of what fighting a bigger opponent feels like... like when he terrorized the people in 130
    i agree about his lack of movement when using the roll...

did u happen to check that link? did u watch the video in slow mo? interesting

hougigo

i agree about his lack of movement when using the roll...

did u happen to check that link? did u watch the video in slow mo? interesting
    I didn't, i'll probably check it out later

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    I didn't, i'll probably check it out later
    ariza claiming its dental rolls....id tend to believe him...but the guy is so shady

Ron_Paul_2012

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 08-21-15 at 11:46 AM. Reason: image does not exist

hougigo

ariza claiming its dental rolls....id tend to believe him...but the guy is so shady
    Rios just popped, but he attributes it to bad environments.... IMO...doesn't make Ariz look good

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

in broner`s fights,he`s almost always the guy coming forward behind that shoulder and tucked chin..this time,maidana forced him to go backward(which almost completely halted broner`s offense) and hurt him early on...he doesn`t have great feet like mayweather(who isn`t a "runner"..but he knows how and when to use movement)...a little too stationary...that`s why he got caught with some of those wild cuffing head shots...

he`ll still have a big career(because he is talented and will be handled more carefully from here on out)...but he`s not floyd mayweather...never will be...

seeing the look on sam watson`s face was one of boxing`s great moments of 2013...

bobby heenan
    Update your status

looks like broner is going for the immediate rematch....i kinda thought that might be the best thing for him....all or nothing now....at least you know now hell be coming into this one as focused and as sharp as he can be

dankeykang
    dankeykang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

bobby you going to bet the rematch?

bobby heenan
    Update your status

who knows.....need to see a line....see if broner makes a trainer switch

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

bronner is a complete piece of shit. I understand he's branding himself and trying to sell ppvs, but this act has been done before. its like ron artest trying to be like chad johnson, try something different.