OracleAdam
    OracleAdam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Did you see​ that fight?
    No, I don't have Fox Sports where I'm living now, so I wasn't able to see the Silva/Hamill fight, just read the play by plays.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by OracleAdam View Post
    No, I don't have Fox Sports where I'm living now, so I wasn't able to see the Silva/Hamill fight, just read the play by plays.
    Silva is one of the most inconsistent fighters in the UFC and shouldn't be -800 against anyone.

OracleAdam

Silva is one of the most inconsistent fighters in the UFC and shouldn't be -800 against anyone.
    He seems pretty consistent to me. He lost to Machida when Machida was at his best. He lost to Evans when he was at his best, and Gustaffson, and easily dispatched everyone else. Was he at risk of losing to Hamill ever in the fight?

MD

He seems pretty consistent to me. He lost to Machida when Machida was at his best. He lost to Evans when he was at his best, and Gustaffson, and easily dispatched everyone else. Was he at risk of losing to Hamill ever in the fight?
    My new favourite poster.

OracleAdam

My new favourite poster.
    I think you're just about my least favorite poster. I used to think you were OK. You said yourself you're going on a slump. Gee, I wonder why. You're just on here to ridicule people and pretend that you're smarter than everyone else.

I'm not posting on here for my ego. I made one bad bet. I'm 14 out of my last 15 bets. Brainstorming and discussing fights is a useful tool for figuring out the puzzle. If I hadn't discussed a fight, I wouldn't have made the over bet on the Cabral/Mitchell fight at +140. I figured that one out. So I messed up on Palhares? It happens. But I'm not out here to insult people or completely shut down someone's theory.

MD

I think you're just about my least favorite poster. I used to think you were OK. You said yourself you're going on a slump. Gee, I wonder why. You're just on here to ridicule people and pretend that you're smarter than everyone else.

I'm not posting on here for my ego. I made one bad bet. I'm 14 out of my last 15 bets. Brainstorming and discussing fights is a useful tool for figuring out the puzzle. If I hadn't discussed a fight, I wouldn't have made the over bet on the Cabral/Mitchell fight at +140. I figured that one out. So I messed up on Palhares? It happens. But I'm not out here to insult people or completely shut down someone's theory.
    Everyone wants to "brainstorm and discuss", nobody wants to "post things that aren't terrible". Everyone wants free ideas, no one wants to post helpful analysis. Get over yourself.

OracleAdam

Everyone wants to "brainstorm and discuss", nobody wants to "post things that aren't terrible". Everyone wants free ideas, no one wants to post helpful analysis. Get over yourself.
    Nuff said. That Pierce bet wasn't too smart on my part, and the amount of money I put on it was idiotic. I just need to learn from it and recover.

MD

Nuff said. That Pierce bet wasn't too smart on my part, and the amount of money I put on it was idiotic. I just need to learn from it and recover.
    I never ragged on you for the Pierce bet, or any bet you made. I've only made fun of your logic, which is really bad at times. Don't beat yourself up over a single bet. An overbet is a pretty bad thing to do, but as long as it wasn't a massive one, the most important thing is to just not repeat the behaviour.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

How consistent is a fighter who won his last fight due to the effects of poor conditioning show up as heavy and poor conditioned as he did?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Consistent is not a word I'd use to describe Thiago! Unless I'm saying he's consistently inconsistent and consistently unpredictable. Will he be on roids or wont he? Will he gas out after 3 minutes or wont he?

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Its too bad too because thiago silva could be pretty good. He almost beat rashad, but he couldnt finish because he gassed.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

The Pierce bet wasn't really that bad of a bet. He crack Palharres early and it look like Palharres was ready to go in quit mode and got lucky getting that leg in my opinion.

First 12