Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I had it 3 rounds to 2 Jones.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

wait but how does one judge have it 49 - 46 ?

i only gave one round to jones that was the 5th round

he threw a lot of kicks but most of them were blocked and none of them really did anything to shift the fight

just threw them for flash they impact the arm and judges see it as a strike

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I had it 3 rounds to 2 Jones.
    yea which rounds were they ?

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I had Jones winning R2 and R5. I thought Gus won R4 because he dominated it for four minutes, Jones had one solid minute, but not enough to steal the round for me. Gus 48-47.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    yea which rounds were they ?
    Rounds 2, 4, and 5

That 49-46 was bullshit.

Imsmarterthanu

well i guess they can get away with anything

same as the "justice system" you got these judges that can't judge shit

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Dana gave cash to judges so Tito doesn't have a record

Kermit

wait but how does one judge have it 49 - 46 ?

i only gave one round to jones that was the 5th round

he threw a lot of kicks but most of them were blocked and none of them really did anything to shift the fight

just threw them for flash they impact the arm and judges see it as a strike
    When you watch those kicks land in slo-mo, you can really see the impact even if they are blocked. He landed A LOT that went unblocked. I can't believe Gus took that much punishment.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

R1: Gus
    R2: Jones (close)
    R3: Gus
    R4: Jones (almost finished Gus; although Gus was winning for 4 minutes, he was starched in the final min)
    R5: Jones

Round 2 was the most contentious. It's hard for a judge to score Gus up 2 rounds to none when he "surprisingly" took the first round and then fought a very close second round... It's a bullshit bias but judges tend to lean towards the champ when it's a coin flip; not always, but often...

Imsmarterthanu

NO FUCKNG WAY

that's all i got to say

it's a fuckin blur now in memory but when the fight was happening Jon Jones was getting tool almost all 5 rounds got all of his takedowns stuffed got taken down himself and got tooled standing on the feet

yea watever say what you want i don't see how jones won that shit he lost penetrate the judges they can't judge shit fight after fight they don't know anything

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    R4: Jones (almost finished Gus; although Gus was winning for 4 minutes, he was starched in the final min)

Round 2 was the most contentious. It's hard for a judge to score Gus up 2 rounds to none when he "surprisingly" took the first round and then fought a very close second round... It's a bullshit bias but judges tend to lean towards the champ when it's a coin flip; not always, but often...
    I gave Gus R4, barely. He was dominating for the vast majority of it.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I had Jones winning R2 and R5. I thought Gus won R4 because he dominated it for four minutes, Jones had one solid minute, but not enough to steal the round for me. Gus 48-47.
    That's a very strange way to score a fight. The damage that Jones did in the last minute of that round were worth way more than the previous 4.

Imsmarterthanu

Whatever Bitch Boy got EXPOSED

Not Quite Human

MY ASS
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-14-15 at 04:57 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

NO FUCKNG WAY

that's all i got to say

it's a fuckin blur now in memory but when the fight was happening Jon Jones was getting tool almost all 5 rounds got all of his takedowns stuffed got taken down himself and got tooled standing on the feet

yea watever say what you want i don't see how jones won that shit he lost penetrate the judges they can't judge shit fight after fight they don't know anything
    I know you're pissed that Gus didn't win and I can't blame you. He did WAY better than the squares that were betting Jon Jones at -1000.

I feel your pain. I stood to win $3.5K on Gus. Objectively though, Jones narrowly won that decision.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Completely agree with this and I took Gus live in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

terpkeg

Its a shame because Jones was gassed hard last half of 5th and fight was there for taking. Gus just too gassed himself.

terpkeg

Based on scores I think its safe to say Gus wins that fight if that spinning elbow doesn't land as well.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

How ?

You think the Gatorade ad he had on his thighs or the Nike Swoosh on his but helped?

Imsmarterthanu

yea i think it definitely helped because if he lost on the cards just like he should have it would have cost the UFC MILLIONS of dollars in marketing

MD

I know you're pissed that Gus didn't win and I can't blame you. He did WAY better than the squares that were betting Jon Jones at -1000.

I feel your pain. I stood to win $3.5K on Gus. Objectively though, Jones narrowly won that decision.
    Objective opinions.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Its a shame because Jones was gassed hard last half of 5th and fight was there for taking. Gus just too gassed himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Based on scores I think its safe to say Gus wins that fight if that spinning elbow doesn't land as well.
    I think Gus was concussed after that spinning elbow landed on the frontal bone. He was on auto-pilot in the fifth and fought on pure heart.

Agreed. If Gus doesn't get hit by that elbow, suffice it to say that he takes R4 and wins on the scorecards (1/3/4).

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Objective opinions.
    There are objective scoring criteria. It's the reason why over 90% of the media scoring the fight had it for Jones.

MD

There are objective scoring criteria. It's the reason why over 90% of the media scoring the fight had it for Jones.
    Objective scoring criteria which are used to form an opinion, which is subjective. Hence the wild differences in opinion.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Objective scoring criteria which are used to form an opinion, which is subjective. Hence the wild differences in opinion.

at 2:00

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

So they were gonna give a 8 to 1 dog who had a ton of money on him the decision? U fukers need to wake up. It hasn't happen in my lifetime and i doubt it ever will. And by the way Big JOhn was absolutely awful last night. How hard do fans have to bo before he was gonna stand a fighters up. He single handedly ruin the Ricci Jury fight. I never saw a guy for four minutes do absolutely nothing and get away with it. Absolute disgrace of a reffed match. Didn't see the Carmont fight yet but i heard big John pretty much bored everyone to tears in that one. The Ricci fight was absolutely amazing. You lay on a guy for 4 minutes and 30 seconds how about trying for a sub or maybe throw a punch. I s Big John betting on these fights now? He used to be the best ref out there.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    How hard do fans have to bo before he was gonna stand a fighters up. He single handedly ruin the Ricci Jury fight.
    Wait? You think proper refereeing involves reacting to the crowd?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    So they were gonna give a 8 to 1 dog who had a ton of money on him the decision? U fukers need to wake up. It hasn't happen in my lifetime and i doubt it ever will. And by the way Big JOhn was absolutely awful last night. How hard do fans have to bo before he was gonna stand a fighters up. He single handedly ruin the Ricci Jury fight. I never saw a guy for four minutes do absolutely nothing and get away with it. Absolute disgrace of a reffed match. Didn't see the Carmont fight yet but i heard big John pretty much bored everyone to tears in that one. The Ricci fight was absolutely amazing. You lay on a guy for 4 minutes and 30 seconds how about trying for a sub or maybe throw a punch. I s Big John betting on these fights now? He used to be the best ref out there.
    The 8-1 dog needs to actually win the fight.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Wait? You think proper refereeing involves reacting to the crowd?
    Yes when 18 thousand people are bored to tears with another 750 thousand sick to their stomachs on PPV along with the owner of the company. Yes. Did u enjoy that?

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    The 8-1 dog needs to actually win the fight.
    not debating whether he won or lost but to think an eight to one dog is gonna get a five round decision when the bulk of the money is on him. aThe books would have gotten absolutely slaughtered if they gave that to Gus. They aint givin out eight to one for anything but a guy who don't have shit bet on him. That line was rediculous.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

48-47 Gus. Suck me hard phagets.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    48-47 Gus. Suck me hard phagets.
    Would you care for some cheese to go with your whine? The smart play was a BIG play parlay with Jones/Mayweather/Nurmagomedov! Gambling ain't for beta chimps. It take's ALPHA b*lls to go BIG on a triple parlay. It takes brain's to know when & how to do it. Keep your nose clean kid & maybe I'll give ya a tip or two. Until then...... Pull your pants up..... Your butt stinks.

Venom OG
    Venom OG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 514

i had gustavsson in the first 3 rounds and jones in rounds 4 and 5. fight was very close and could have gone either way though. i had the swede by a hair but i figured they would give a very close fight to the champ. didn't bet the fight so either way it goes i was just glad to see a very entertaining fight.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Venom OG View Post
    i had gustavsson in the first 3 rounds and jones in rounds 4 and 5. fight was very close and could have gone either way though. i had the swede by a hair but i figured they would give a very close fight to the champ. didn't bet the fight so either way it goes i was just glad to see a very entertaining fight.
    Why that's a mighty fine avatar ya got there son. Just lookin' at it gave me a chubby.

123 Last