Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Had it 4-1 Jones. So did my father - a Jones hater with us scored it 3-2.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

LOL at people scoring round 4 for Gus. Dude was an inch from being KTFO'd and got hit with some MASSIVE shots in the final minute, yet you score the round for him cus he out-pointed jones before that while landing nothing signifigant? Wow.

Noleafclover

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    LOL at people scoring round 4 for Gus. Dude was an inch from being KTFO'd and got hit with some MASSIVE shots in the final minute, yet you score the round for him cus he out-pointed jones before that while landing nothing signifigant? Wow.
    Yeah this. Craziness MD, sorries.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Yeah this. Craziness MD, sorries.
    A lot crazier to score it 4-1 Jones I'd say.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

LOL at you

inch away from being ktfo my ass he didn't even wobble from that shot he was backing away because he was tired not because he was hurt

you got all your picks wrong

you're a terrible gambler

don't listen to this guy ever if you're watching at home don't try this at home

Imsmarterthanu

Had it 4-1 Jones. So did my father - a Jones hater with us scored it 3-2.
    My Father could kick your father's ass so your father doesn't count

Noleafclover

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Man you know I got no problems with you, but I really don't get how a fighter almost gets knocked out and you say he wins the round cause he landed a little more before hand. Gonna be some discrepancy with this stuff, but I don't gets it.

Noleafclover

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    LOL at you

inch away from being ktfo my ass he didn't even wobble from that shot he was backing away because he was tired not because he was hurt

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    LOL at you

Gus wasn't even wobbled? LOL!!!!

**Takes a break from typing due to laughing uncontrollably for 5 straight minutes

And yeah… Me going 6-1 on bets (4/7 at plus money including a +605 bet) for +21.8 units = getting all of them wrong and being a terrible gambler. Yep, you're right…

I guess you got BURIED betting on Gustafsson. It's the only thing that could explain your complete ineptitude and laughable bias.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    4-1 Jones is wrong, I agree. But it's better than 4-1 Gus.

Round 1 was for Gus but still very competitive.

2 & 3 were extremely close until Jones started wining the last 30-60 seconds clearly. Still close rounds, though.

4 & 5 were clear for Jones according to 99.9% of people.

So it's not that bad to give Jones the last 2 rounds that he won easily, then give him 2/3 of the first rounds that were all very close.

Luca Fury

Pretend it was only a 3 round fight.

Is a 29-28 score for Jones bad? Not at all.

Then add on the easy round wins for Jones in 4 and 5 and 4-1 for him really isn't that bad.

Going back to just 3 rounds, is 30-27 Gus bad? Yes. It's hard to give Gus all 3 rounds especially, when 2 & 3 were extremely close. And the ONLY way you could have 4-1 Gus is if you gave him all 3 of the first rounds, and then also gave him either the 4th or 5th, which pretty much everyone agrees he lost.

So 4-1 Gus is definitely a far worse score than 4-1 Jones. You can argue 4-1 Jones easily but really can't argue 4-1 Gus.

Luca Fury

Oh, and for what it's worth: 12/13 media sites had Jones winning, including 4 who had it 4-1 Jones.

Also, there was not a single round where Gustafsson landed more significant strikes than Jones, according to FightMetric.

Imsmarterthanu

i agree gustaffson definitely won

thanks

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I had it 5-0 Jones, can't believe he nearly was robbed. Kick central many of them very big. Gus was 1 punching all night......caught a few lucky ones but that is bound to happen over 5 rounds.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

4-1 Jones is wrong, I agree. But it's better than 4-1 Gus.

Round 1 was for Gus but still very competitive.

2 & 3 were extremely close until Jones started wining the last 30-60 seconds clearly. Still close rounds, though.

4 & 5 were clear for Jones according to 99.9% of people.

So it's not that bad to give Jones the last 2 rounds that he won easily, then give him 2/3 of the first rounds that were all very close.
    Agree with Furry Lucy here

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    I think Gus was concussed after that spinning elbow landed on the frontal bone. He was on auto-pilot in the fifth and fought on pure heart.

Agreed. If Gus doesn't get hit by that elbow, suffice it to say that he takes R4 and wins on the scorecards (1/3/4).
    Indeed, tht elbow was a brutal game changer

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    That's a very strange way to score a fight. The damage that Jones did in the last minute of that round were worth way more than the previous 4.
    I think MD has been going to the Gaberz school of judging!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Completely agree with this and I took Gus live in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
    out of curiosity, what were the odds after each round?

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/143329-n...-see-here.html

Can anyone imbed the images. Pretty shady by UFC, not surprised.

Gustaf won 3-2 in my opinion.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

lol

MD

Man you know I got no problems with you, but I really don't get how a fighter almost gets knocked out and you say he wins the round cause he landed a little more before hand. Gonna be some discrepancy with this stuff, but I don't gets it.
    I don't mind if you disagree with me, doesn't mean you have a problem with me. I like when we can have some disagreements on SBR without it getting personal, as it seems like a lot of people here take offence to having their opinions questions.

That said, Gus 1,3,4, although I may give him R2 and give Jones R4 if I rewatch it. Doubt I'll give Jones R4 though. Gus didn't land a little bit more beforehand, he was dominating the round.

Is a 29-28 score for Jones bad?
    Not at all.

Then add on the easy round wins for Jones in 4 and 5 and 4-1 for him really isn't that bad.

Going back to just 3 rounds, is 30-27 Gus bad? Yes. It's hard to give Gus all 3 rounds especially, when 2 & 3 were extremely close. And the ONLY way you could have 4-1 Gus is if you gave him all 3 of the first rounds, and then also gave him either the 4th or 5th, which pretty much everyone agrees he lost.

So 4-1 Gus is definitely a far worse score than 4-1 Jones. You can argue 4-1 Jones easily but really can't argue 4-1 Gus.
    Yes! If Gus didn't win R1 and R3 decisively on your card, then I don't care what you have to say about judging.

Oh, and for what it's worth: 12/13 media sites had Jones winning, including 4 who had it 4-1 Jones.

Also, there was not a single round where Gustafsson landed more significant strikes than Jones, according to FightMetric.
    Did you check the fan scoring on MMA decisions? Or the big poll on Sherdog with over a thousand people?

FightMetric is, as I have said many times before, extremely unreliable. I don't trust their stats at all. As Rubber just linked:

Counting significant strikes is hardly what I'd call scientific.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I think MD has been going to the Gaberz school of judging!
    Nothing wrong with how I scored that fight, it's perfectly logical to score a fight for the guy who was dominating for four minutes, rather than the guy who did a lot of damage for the last 40-60 seconds. It's also perfectly logical to score it for the guy who did a lot of damage at the end of the round. Far worse to give Jones R3.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Would you care for some cheese to go with your whine? The smart play was a BIG play parlay with Jones/Mayweather/Nurmagomedov! Gambling ain't for beta chimps. It take's ALPHA b*lls to go BIG on a triple parlay. It takes brain's to know when & how to do it. Keep your nose clean kid & maybe I'll give ya a tip or two. Until then...... Pull your pants up..... Your butt stinks.
    Takes balls to parlay 3 huge favorites.

Can't make this shit up.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Hiw are u defining "dominate" here MD? I define dominate as pummelling a guy non stop for a round or having back for whole round or something. I dont recall gustafsson doing tht, but thn i have only wathced it once

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Takes balls to parlay 3 huge favorites.

Can't make this shit up.
    Lol

winneez son

rocky16

Is a 29-28 score for Jones bad? Not at all.

Pretend you are a phaget and pretend you want to suck me off.

rocky16

Lol

winneez son
    Fock RuPaul.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Pretend you are a phaget and pretend you want to suck me off.
    Lol

MD

Hiw are u defining "dominate" here MD? I define dominate as pummelling a guy non stop for a round or having back for whole round or something. I dont recall gustafsson doing tht, but thn i have only wathced it once
    Completely outlanding Jones for four minutes and stuffing his takedowns while he looks confused and misses with kicks for the entire time is dominant, by my definition.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I jus watched rnd 4 again, i dont understand how tht can be deemed dominant, but i agree he did win 4 mins of tht round, so i guess it depends if u think gustaffsson being wobbled from he elbow and running away from jones tryingg to survive outweighs the 4 mins before were jones was never in any danger but gust out landed him.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

I thought Jones won rounds 4 and 5 pretty decisively. The point of a fight is to finish your opponent. Obviously you can outpoint them and all that but in reality that is the purpose of a fight so you can't discount Jones almost finishing Gustaffson in rounds 4 and 5. That should win a round in my book. The first round was clearly Gustaffson. Rounds two and three I don't remember as well but I remember thinking they were fairly close. Bloody elbow scored it 49-46 Jones, luke Thomas of mmafighting scored it 48-47 jones, sherdog scored it 48-47 jones X2 and 49-46 jones, and junkie scored it 49-46 jones. The scores the judges rendered were pretty much in line with what all of us thought. Jones clearly won 4 and 5, gustaffson clearly won the first round and 2-3 were debatable.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I thought Gus had it. Did not have a cent on the guy either. How some of you manage to give the 4th to Gus is pretty wild though, learn to take a losing decision for a change.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Gus wasn't even wobbled? LOL!!!!

**Takes a break from typing due to laughing uncontrollably for 5 straight minutes

And yeah… Me going 6-1 on bets (4/7 at plus money including a +605 bet) for +21.8 units = getting all of them wrong and being a terrible gambler. Yep, you're right…

I guess you got BURIED betting on Gustafsson. It's the only thing that could explain your complete ineptitude and laughable bias.
    What were your seven bets?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Phil Davis' reaction! Some poor girls got pummeled hard last night!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/22...davis-reaction

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Phil Davis' reaction! Some poor girls got pummeled hard last night!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/22...davis-reaction
    I bet he piledrived his girlfriend through the coffee table first thing when he got back home

First 123 Last