MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Are you guys seriously going to come into a thread called "Chris Weidman is the best striker Anderson Silva has ever fought", after Weidman knocked Silva out, and say "HE GOT LUCKY"? I am a f-cking God, let's not kid ourselves.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Are you guys seriously going to come into a thread called "Chris Weidman is the best striker Anderson Silva has ever fought", after Weidman knocked Silva out, and say "HE GOT LUCKY"? I am a f-cking God, let's not kid ourselves.
    Its stupidity. A lot of people are saying anderson was playing games, but he plays games with every fighter, nobody has ever been able to do anything effective against his "matrix" shit. Not only did weidman clip him several times, but his reflexes were quick enough to avoid some lightning fast shots from silva.

I've watched the finish several times, weidman set up the hook with a flicker jab that was timed perfectly, the execution was masterful.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

If there is a rematch, what are the odds?

I say Silva is -200

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

he knocked him out fair and square

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    If there is a rematch, what are the odds?

I say Silva is -200
    Evens maybe? Hard to say.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    he knocked him out fair and square
    He did, but the way that it happened wasn't how I wanted to see it happen.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

if silva fights him again he'll lose this wasn't any fluke win

MD

^ Hopefully indeed. He also seems to understand range very well. His head movement and timing is incredible for a guy with as little experience as he has. He did a great job of understanding how much range was between himself and Maia, then attacking, and using the range to move his upper body backwards out of the way of Maia's counters.
    Every striker is making mistakes constantly. It's how striking works, especially in MMA. Even Anderson makes a lot of mistakes. Weidman actually has pretty great head movement, too, all things considered.

Chris Weidman is living in the Matrix bros.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Hilarious you haven't posted one correct assertion of the fight yet but keep on keeping on.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Hilarious you haven't posted one correct assertion of the fight yet but keep on keeping on.
    How about when I posted that Weidman could knock him out standing? Or that Weidman would need to use his striking to set up his takedowns or he wouldn't be able to get him down consistently? Or how about when I said that Weidman would be the best striker he's ever fought? Or how about when I said that if Weidman won, he'd likely get the better of Silva on the feet? Or how about when I said that Weidman has great head movement and then he ducked and weaved out of the way of Silva's strikes?

How'd your Silva bets go bro?

brooks85

How about when I posted that Weidman could knock him out standing? Or that Weidman would need to use his striking to set up his takedowns or he wouldn't be able to get him down consistently? Or how about when I said that Weidman would be the best striker he's ever fought? Or how about when I said that if Weidman won, he'd likely get the better of Silva on the feet? Or how about when I said that Weidman has elite head movement and then he ducked and weaved out of the way of Silva's strikes?

You remind of Kflo.. I finish fights!!!

Silva bets were terrible, the 6 dollars I lost devastated me.

MD

You remind of Kflo.. I finish fights!!!

Silva bets were terrible, the 6 dollars I lost devastated me.
    Not even sure what that's supposed to mean brah. I'd be surprised if you did either.

Good for you, man. Most people would be upset about losing 60% of their bankroll.

brooks85

Not even sure what that's supposed to mean brah. I'd be surprised if you did either.

Good for you, man. Most people would be upset about losing 60% of their bankroll.

timeout.. you don't remember the kenny florian saying I finish fights against din thomas?

Were you watching back then, not going to insult you if you weren't just probably why you don't get it.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Md you absolutely suck
    -Chael impersonation

MD

timeout.. you don't remember the kenny florian saying I finish fights against din thomas?

Were you watching back then, not going to insult you if you weren't just probably why you don't get it.
    Of course I remember it, just have no idea what it has to do with this. The guy had two decision wins in his career, and it didn't sound like you were admitting that I was right.

brooks85

lol nevermind

How about when I posted that Weidman could knock him out standing? Or that Weidman would need to use his striking to set up his takedowns or he wouldn't be able to get him down consistently? Or how about when I said that Weidman would be the best striker he's ever fought? Or how about when I said that if Weidman won, he'd likely get the better of Silva on the feet? Or how about when I said that Weidman has elite head movement and then he ducked and weaved out of the way of Silva's strikes?

definitely some good handicapping but I'm talking about what actually transpired in the fight and I'm not seeing see were you predicted or mentioned weidman gassing. It's not just you either. I've only seen one person post a correct analysis of the fight and it was someone here, forget who. I haven't read every article either but have yet to read one that mentions it also. Again, tho I haven't read many but just figured I would have came across one by now.

MD

lol nevermind

definitely some good handicapping but I'm talking about what actually transpired in the fight and I'm not seeing see were you predicted or mentioned weidman gassing.
    wat. So because I didn't call the fight exactly as it happened, all my assertions were wrong? I didn't say a word about whether or not Weidman would gas. Link me to some posts that did a better job of calling how the fight would go than mine did.

brooks85

wat. So because I didn't call the fight exactly as it happened, all my assertions were wrong? I didn't say a word about Weidman's cardio. Link me to some posts that did a better job of calling how the fight would go than mine did.

lol exactly

again, I'm not talking about your predictions they were good. Except I do remember one post, something about weidman dominating maia even though they both were gassed so seemed like you ignored that.

I'm talking about what actually happened in the fight and your post thereafter.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I predicted that Longo would tell Weidman to "punch a whole in his fuckin chest" so mehhhh

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I predicted that Longo would tell Weidman to "punch a whole in his fuckin chest" so mehhhh
    i agree ....i saw it. Bad thing for V is his momma dont let him take dogs so he had to go with the fave...

MD

lol exactly

again, I'm not talking about your predictions they were good. Except I do remember one post, something about weidman dominating maia even though they both were gassed so seemed like you ignored that.

I'm talking about what actually happened in the fight and your post thereafter.
    This makes no sense.

Also, I didn't "ignore" that, I discussed it at length. The Maia fight wasn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    If it worked for Serra, it'll work for Weidman bruhv.

brooks85

I guess I'll just have to wait for your weidman/silva 2 breakdown.. until then...

Beelzebubzy

The guy goes three for three on his threads in one night. 2 Pickems and a dog.
    why bite the hand that feeds you?

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    The guy goes three for three on his threads in one night. 2 Pickems and a dog.
    why bite the hand that feeds you?
    Boobz i did bet Jessica "Andrew" Andrade

Beelzebubzy

@MieshaTate: .@ESPNMag: "When I fight, I don't feel pain. It's not necessary." --@MieshaTate http://t.co/JWPAO5Sw01 #ESPNBody http://t.co/cved6mJOcg

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    @MieshaTate: .@ESPNMag: "When I fight, I don't feel pain. It's not necessary." --@MieshaTate http://t.co/JWPAO5Sw01 #ESPNBody http://t.co/cved6mJOcg
    aaaaaaaaaa bit.ches...always selling shit

MD

I guess I'll just have to wait for your weidman/silva 2 breakdown.. until then...
    You can wait for whatever you want brah, I don't care what you think of my analysis. Anyone who thinks I don't know what I'm talking about can simply ignore me. As I will now ignore you. See you brah.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

How about when I posted that Weidman could knock him out standing? Or that Weidman would need to use his striking to set up his takedowns or he wouldn't be able to get him down consistently? Or how about when I said that Weidman would be the best striker he's ever fought? Or how about when I said that if Weidman won, he'd likely get the better of Silva on the feet? Or how about when I said that Weidman has great head movement and then he ducked and weaved out of the way of Silva's strikes?

How did you come to the conclusion that Weidman could knock him out standing? Threatening the takedown to open up his game + good striking from the munoz fight?

goodfellas433
    goodfellas433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

from someone who had 300 on weidman by KO and 100 on weidman ITD....I really felt that he was a great matchup style wise and that his best shot of winning was a KO/TKO/Stoppage. I really believed if it went the distance Weidman would be robbed or a tie goes to the champ. I thought Silva had a good enough ground game to get himself back up to the feet where he felt he could pick Weidman apart (this isn't actually true however, but it was my reasoning.) So in my puny little brain I felt that if I was going to believe he could beat Silva he would have to knock his ass out....and that is where I put my money. Call it luck, call it a fluke, call it a fix....I am calling it +900 X3.
    (thank you to MD and the others who's informative analysis caused me to double my Kennedy bet, taking a 100 extra right before the fight and adding it to the KO line. Wish I would've done more.

Also wish I would have done some open parlays starting with that KO prop...oh well.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    How did you come to the conclusion that Weidman could knock him out standing? Threatening the takedown to open up his game + good striking from the munoz fight?
    This + fight IQ. Also, I didn't think that Weidman would be able to consistently take Anderson down if Anderson was solely worried about stuffing takedowns. I said before that I think if Weidman won, he was likely going to outstrike Silva.

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

In retrospect, it's hard not to wonder why we all weren't putting heavy money on a KO finish... against a fighter that habitually keeps his hands at his sides.

mmaed

This + fight IQ. Also, I didn't think that Weidman would be able to consistently take Anderson down if Anderson was solely worried about stuffing takedowns. I said before that I think if Weidman won, he was likely going to outstrike Silva.
    I would have figured he would need to mix it up or end it on the ground with strikes or a submission. I actually thought he is probably a better grappler than Anderson and could tap him. Surprise, he knocks him out on the feet. I would like to see them fight again. I am curious to see whether or not Anderson will fight with his hands by his sides. You mentioned before that he needs to keep them that low to defend the takedown but I don't think so. He can keep his hands a little higher. A lot of fighters do it. They keep them 50 percent of the way between their head and hips. Anderson could do that, he was just too cocky and gave no respect to Weidman. The rematch should be interesting.

goodfellas433
    goodfellas433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

Quote Originally Posted by Das Jax View Post
    In retrospect, it's hard not to wonder why we all weren't putting heavy money on a KO finish... against a fighter that habitually keeps his hands at his sides.
    and this. I should have factored in the reputation for clowning and hand dropping.

mmaed

Because he usually ends up looking like Neo from the Matrix and ko's his opponent with relative ease.

MD

The vast majority of people thought that it was a near-impossibility that he KO's Silva on the feet. Partly due to a lack of respect for Weidman's striking, partly due to overestimating Anderson.

First 1234 Last