Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

TNA Slammiversary thread

This PPV sucks so much balls right now, it is unreal.

AJ has value at -900.

I still like Sting to win here.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

another three hours of wasted life for what? 9.50 an hour lol.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    another three hours of wasted life for what? 9.50 an hour lol.
    I started out handicapping MMA for twenty hours a week with a $100 bankroll, grinding out $10 profits at a return of about $0.50 an hour. I now handicap MMA around six or seven hours a week with a similar return on my bankroll per UFC card on average, but making a hell of a lot more than minimum wage. Gotta take value where you can get it bro.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Only 6 or 7 hours a week? Damn thats impressive return on investment. You just pick certain fights and focus on them? I couldnt cap an entire card that quickly.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

More importantly, there are things more valuable than dollars per hour.

Perhaps, he ENJOYS watching wrestling?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Only 6 or 7 hours a week? Damn thats impressive return on investment. You just pick certain fights and focus on them? I couldnt cap an entire card that quickly.
    Explains why he liked Maynard over Grant. . .

(I kid, I kid.)
    Points Awarded:

MD gave NunyaBidness 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MD

Don't take my word for it; almost everyone on the internet exaggerates or flat-out lies about their success in gambling. I'm not doing either, but you should assume I am, since statistically you'll be right most of the time. +EV.

As for my 'capping process, I generally try to watch the last three or four fights for each fighter of each fight I'm interested in, starting with the oldest and working up to the most recent. I have extensive notes and some saved clips of interest for most fighters by this stage, though, and a good memory, so there's a lot of fights that I don't have to watch much (if any) footage on, simply because all of the things I need to know, I've already made note of. That said, some of my notes are outdated, as obviously my handicapping ability improves with time, and things that I've missed before will now become more apparent to me when I re-watch footage. Generally I don't base my handicapping solely on notes unless I've updated them extensively in the last year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Explains why he liked Maynard over Grant. . .

(I kid, I kid.)
    You should have said Payan over Stephens, so that I couldn't bring up how I nailed Grant by KO +1000 and Grant KO of the Night +2300.

omalley21

Thanks. I hear you. I don't claim anything on here, no value in that. You're on a damn impressive run. I used to only take mental notes, im starting to actually write em down now. I also try to watch their last 3-4 fights in chronological order. Do you have a martial arts background? Its funny some of my friends are pro fighters and they can't necessarily pick/analyze fights better than me at all. I train a little bit but nothing serious, just for kicks...

Sacrelicious

I'm not a redneck, but I started watching this shit when I was about 4 and I can not seem to stop.

omalley21

Lmao.. but honestly it beats sitting around waiting for decent cards (poker)

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

i think thor was referring to the price of the ppv. i.e., he paid 9.50/hr to watch the ppv. no?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    i think thor was referring to the price of the ppv. i.e., he paid 9.50/hr to watch the ppv. no?
    penetrating lawyers.

Sacrelicious

I remember paying for WWE PPV's in about 2003....

Ain't nobody got time for that these days, they suck balls.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Lmao.. but honestly it beats sitting around waiting for decent cards (poker)
    That's why I 12-table, son. Always got a hand.

MD

Thanks. I hear you. I don't claim anything on here, no value in that. You're on a damn impressive run. I used to only take mental notes, im starting to actually write em down now. I also try to watch their last 3-4 fights in chronological order. Do you have a martial arts background? Its funny some of my friends are pro fighters and they can't necessarily pick/analyze fights better than me at all. I train a little bit but nothing serious, just for kicks...
    Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words.

I competed in judo nationally for a few years. I did some striking disciplines during that time period too, but never competitively. As for if it helps my handicapping... I'll say yes, but not because I actually did the martial arts. I think that it helped because practising martial arts made me love martial arts, and thus, I wanted to learn more about martial arts theory. I am of the opinion that understanding the theoretical side of striking or the theoretical side of grappling is a great boon in handicapping, and far more important than actually practising any kind of martial art. I think a 400 lbs guy who sits on his couch all day and reads lectures by renowned grapplers is more likely to see success in handicapping than your average BJJ practitioner with a couple of years of experience. I think most people who train in martial arts believe that it gives them an advantage when it comes to gambling. Most will inevitably find out that it does not.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I think most people who train in martial arts believe that it gives them an advantage when it comes to gambling. Most will inevitably find out that it does not.
    dwil, dont be offended brah. 95% lock he didnt mean you.

MD

dwil, dont be offended brah. 95% lock he didnt mean you.
    F-cking lawyers.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Lol. Just turned on tna just in time for this aj styles guy. Pro wrestling has changed a little bit lol

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Lol. Just turned on tna just in time for this aj styles guy. Pro wrestling has changed a little bit lol
    AJ/Kurt should be an awesome show.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

It definitely gives me an advantage md on June 21st I'll be betting on the rfa 8main event on axs after watching Jeff's entire training camp.

Sacrelicious

HOLY penetrate.

Sacrelicious

Unreal. If Kurt lost, Sting wins, I reckon.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think most people who train in martial arts believe that it gives them an advantage when it comes to gambling. Most will inevitably find out that it does not.
    i could agree with that. i'll even one up you and say anyone who participated in martial arts is a phaget. shit is a joke, bowing and shit like a phaget to the four winds. if you ever saw anyone do tae kwon doe they look really funny.

i remember as a child after seeing the film "teenage mutant ninja turtles" i asked my father if i could take karate lessons. he told me that shit was for chinks and he didnt air out the domes of chinks in 'nam jus so i could prance around like a ballerina in a room full of sissy boys while the "sensei" milked his wallet dry talking bout cracker jack belts and shit.

he hired an asian prostitute and made me "do her" as he put it right infornt of him. after i climaxed he just stared at me and clapped slowly. after that he took me to boxing where i spent the next ten years or so fighting for my life against niqqas and puerto rikkans who had a bone to pick with "whitey".

made me the man i am today. if niqqas did that they wouldnt be going 0-19 all in this moofocker.

Last edited by DeFactoCrippler; 06-02-13 at 09:51 PM.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

Is bully ray bubba from wwe? Like bubba and Devon tag team?

Sacrelicious

Ugh..........

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Is bully ray bubba from wwe? Like bubba and Devon tag team?
    Yeah, there was something weird like the WWE still owns the right to the Bubba Ray name, so if he wanted to fight in TNA he had to change his name.

MD

How much did you lose tonight Sac?

bubblebuttluv

Shit, Nunya not just bashing everyone?

Damn man bring back the hate. We don't like a kind Nunya.

bubblebuttluv

Sorry to any who lost to night. I am glad I cashed on my Kurt Angle bet. Granted it was only $1 to win $10, but I was low on non-pending funds at the time. We'll all get them next time!

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Maybe this will cheer you up -- it really tends to put everything into perspective for me by giving me a "360".

Sacrelicious

How much did you lose tonight Sac?
    After arbing was done, only a few hundred.

Still, fuckin TNA....

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

sacrelicious I'm not trying to be an a$$ but have you ever had sex with a woman without paying her? Just wondering because your jokes are incredibly not funny for something who puts a lot of effort into them, your picks are usually way off, and you watch pro wrestling, bet on it, and pretend you're not the only one who cares about it, and in the boxing/ufc subforum.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Gaberrrrzzz, GET THE TABLES!!!!!

Thor4140

I started out handicapping MMA for twenty hours a week with a $100 bankroll, grinding out $10 profits at a return of about $0.50 an hour. I now handicap MMA around six or seven hours a week with a similar return on my bankroll per UFC card on average, but making a hell of a lot more than minimum wage. Gotta take value where you can get it bro.
    u are handicapping a real sport where the outcome is not determine (unless it goes to the judges of course in big money fights) These fights can be enjoyable and u can make decent money with bigger limits. He is watching a show that is comparable to General hospital where he is trying to figure out the plots with wagers that won't top three digits and barely two. All he needs to do is lose one of those big favs and he needs to watch another three years to get the money back lol.

Thor4140

nah i was referring to all the time he has to spend watching this stuff to make min wagers

12 Last