DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Worst night I've ever had... lost all my profits from yesterday too and then some
    FGC for life.

Fade Armenian Guys

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice hit gabe, angulo looked real good

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I am considering quitting betting, again. First time since the last time Papazian fought LOL

The stress is just too much to handle, man... Damn... I can't believe Nelson/Mitrione didn't go a full round. I hate unpredictable shit like that... too many in one night, man.

I may very well be done... Unless NFL saves me tomorrow. LOL

but still- too much fkn stress, man.

I need a job. I wanna stop treating this like my job.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am considering quitting betting, again. First time since the last time Papazian fought LOL

The stress is just too much to handle, man... Damn... I can't believe Nelson/Mitrione didn't go a full round. I hate unpredictable shit like that... too many in one night, man.

Smartest thing I've ever seen you post. Sleep on it and get back to us. (Like we care.) LOL

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Gabe, quitting is not an option.

Kill the nfl tomorrow pal.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

The fact that it's stressing you out indicates there is a problem. The money means too much because you don't have a proper bankroll, you need the win in order to pay your bills, so if you lose you chase to get even.

I lost my biggest MMA bet ever tonight. You just move on. The winners pay for the losers.

But the bottom line is, you can't be a professional gambler without a bankroll. Swings happen. I've lost thousands in cash games where my edge was gigantic. If I was playing on case money, I'd be homeless many times over.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Gabe, quitting is not an option.

Kill the nfl tomorrow pal.
    Enabler.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I agree with nunya here

acxept Kelly into your life. Controls the swings IMO

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Are there FOTN odds for Papazian/Elliott? If so, snatch it up! Has a better chance than the previous fb fights that won it
    Wow, Papa/Elliott get FOTN. Third card in a row where first fight won it, hope someone listened to me and played it, if there were odds for it

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    The fact that it's stressing you out indicates there is a problem. The money means too much because you don't have a proper bankroll, you need the win in order to pay your bills, so if you lose you chase to get even.

I lost my biggest MMA bet ever tonight. You just move on. The winners pay for the losers.

But the bottom line is, you can't be a professional gambler without a bankroll. Swings happen. I've lost thousands in cash games where my edge was gigantic. If I was playing on case money, I'd be homeless many times over.
    Who did you have, Mitrione or Head?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

I can't develop a bankroll to bet with, though. Can't find another way to make money. Gonna try a temp agency again. FK!

funny thing is past couple weekends in a row i've come close to hitting it HUGE in NFL... either one of those hits would have made me comfortable for a few weeks

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

It sounds like your approach to this is flawed.

I bet because I'm in my young 20's, have a steady job, albeit not a very good paying one, and my living expenses are astoundingly low. I have alot of disposable income, my bankroll for both this and poker is my savings account, I bet small amounts.

If its causing you this kind of stess, a reconsideration is in order.

But then I'm the newbie, I dont know what I'm talking about, clearly.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Yeah, def too much stress-- Bad weeks kill me. If I don't bounce back tomorrow, which I likely won't because I need 4 teams to cover, then I'm gonna have a tough week to follow... I wish one of you fa99ots had some company around here and gave me a job.

Sacrelicious

What are your knife skills like? You should come try out at my bistro.

Sacrelicious

But seriously man, scale bets down. The variance in MMA is ridiculous, dont bet on 8 fights, bet on 2 you are sure of, and do so smartly and in a way that is supported by your bankroll.

In the mean time, get a steady source of income to support your bankroll. Working isnt a terrible idea.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    But seriously man, scale bets down. The variance in MMA is ridiculous, dont bet on 8 fights, bet on 2 you are sure of, and do so smartly and in a way that is supported by your bankroll.

In the mean time, get a steady source of income to support your bankroll. Working isnt a terrible idea.
    If I had to bet 2, it'd be Colton Smith and James Head, I would be slightly up on the night.

I've been looking for jobs for years, dude. Can't get anything steady. I mean, who the fuhg is gonna hire me when they can hire a smokin' hot 20 year old broad?

My friend just signed a deal to write/create a sitcom for one of the biggest, if not the biggest network on TV... and earlier this year, he was living in a studio apartment with two other dudes lol-- hopefully i'll get some kinda job on that down the line, hopefully on the writing staff... that's at least months away, though.

Sacrelicious

Dunno dude, but they hire a clear degenerate like me. Confidence (even if fradulent) sells.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Dunno dude, but they hire a clear degenerate like me. Confidence (even if fradulent) sells.
    I don't have knife skillz lawlz but i'll stab a nikka for starin at me wrong

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Detroit Lions 2nd Half is a solid play for manana

Sacrelicious

Pound the shit out of JDS.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Pound the shit out of JDS.
    seems like a square play to me... not touching that fight

Sacrelicious

It isnt.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

struve beats miocic
    bigfoot beats browne
    but mitrione can't fkn beat big country??? wtffffffffffffffffffffffff

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

It isnt.
    Can't bet against Cain, but BOL.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

lmfaoooooooo wow... just wow. possibly my worst night. wish i had gone bigger on the u1.5
    What? You were on the Over 1.5

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Yeah, def too much stress-- Bad weeks kill me. If I don't bounce back tomorrow, which I likely won't because I need 4 teams to cover, then I'm gonna have a tough week to follow... I wish one of you fa99ots had some company around here and gave me a job.
    edit: Sorry Gabe cant help. I would have to give up me identity
    Last edited by Beelzebubzy; 12-16-12 at 07:59 AM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Gabe, take some time and get your future job/career figured out.

What are the plays for nfl?

I like MN GB and SF

Gl.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

It's alright Gabers....Fury went 0-7 with his winnerz
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grabaka

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

While I agree with your other points, and I believe your overall intentions to be correct, the answer isn't to bet on less fights, for a couple of reasons. The first is what you touched on, variance. If you have an edge in gambling, more picks will decrease your variance, not increase it. The second is because, with the limited amount of fights that take place in MMA, there aren't as many opportunities for betting; with the limited number of picks, your workrate needs to increase accordingly. I had a very high output of picks this weekend (close to twenty), for this particular reason. MMA is (generally) one of the only sports I bet, but I gamble at high stakes (for MMA, probably mid-high for some other sports that have higher limits), so I need the increased number of picks. It's more work, but it decreases variance and, if my edge is what I think it is, I'll significantly increase my long-term profit. If my edge is accurate, a 70% bet will win close to 70%. So, better to have ten of them than five of them.

Gabe, you'll be a happier and more successful person if you get a bankroll and stake using Kelly. I understand if you can't, currently, but you'd be happier if you did. That, I can almost guarantee you.
    Points Awarded:

Grabaka gave MD 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ShotgunRua

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sucks you have a bad night Gabe!

I know you had similar advice so I'm not going to dwell on this, but you're an outstanding capper with terrible bankroll management. If you're unemployed, get a job tomorrow. There's nothing in cleaning/garbage disposal/manual labour to tide you over in the short term? Once you have money coming in and going out you then need to set your bet amounts at a level that if you lost your entire bankroll you could smile and carry on with your life.

Definitely not worth the stress playing higher stakes than you can afford, anything can happen in sports betting bro.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    talking about barry/del rosario fight

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    edit: Sorry Gabe cant help. I would have to give up me identity
    To me, not the forum. Not gonna advertise someone's identity who tries to help me. lol that'd be the scummiest move alive

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Gabe, take some time and get your future job/career figured out.

What are the plays for nfl?

I like MN GB and SF

Gl.
    I'm a writer and comedian, not easy to just get hired and start earning at that... takes years and years

However, I'm open to doing anything that will put money in my pockets, just need to get lucky and score something. It's just impossible considering all my competition. Only way to get a job is to get hooked up with one, pretty much how most of my male friends got their jobs.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Liz Carmouche +600. It will pull you out of this hole gabe. Rousey will gas and look horrible.

First 1234567 ... Last