PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by pongo7890 View Post
    I can just see Silva destroying Weidman tho.Ugh give Silva a real challenge he is too good.They need to meke him fight Jones soon or he will be too old.I could definately see him beating Jones.Jon has never fought anyone as good as him.
    i hope this is the public perception...

tanner
    tanner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2359

Following the announcement of Jones/Sonnen, it should be clear to everyone that the UFC will make the fights that will make them the most money and draw the most PPV Buys. Chris Weidman is an absolute stud, but the problem is casual fans don't know who this guy is, and casual fans sure as hell wont buy a Anderson Silva/Chris Weidman PPV.I believe that Weidman has the tools to beat Anderson Silva. Thats coming from a guy who has bet Silva in everyone of his UFC fights. I think the UFC knows this as well and will not risk Silva being beaten by a relatively unknown to many fans.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    Following the announcement of Jones/Sonnen, it should be clear to everyone that the UFC will make the fights that will make them the most money and draw the most PPV Buys. Chris Weidman is an absolute stud, but the problem is casual fans don't know who this guy is, and casual fans sure as hell wont buy a Anderson Silva/Chris Weidman PPV.I believe that Weidman has the tools to beat Anderson Silva. Thats coming from a guy who has bet Silva in everyone of his UFC fights. I think the UFC knows this as well and will not risk Silva being beaten by a relatively unknown to many fans.
    Tanner knows whats up.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    You have to feel bad for someone like Dan Henderson who has earned the title shot against Jon Jones. Chael gets it because generates heat like a bad guy wrestler. As much as i find Chael to be entertaining, I think I'd rather see Henderson get the fight because i think it would just make for a better match up.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Anyone knoow if this story is true? I think i got A Silva thinking

According to this Sportv story, A. Silva told Brazilian media today he would consider fighting Jones at a catchweight - http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2012/10/pelos-fas-anderson-silva-admite-luta-com-jon-jones-em-peso-combinado.html …

Thor4140

Why at a catch weigh when he fought 205ers before? How far does he think jones can go down? At least he finally is manning up

People are talking about it. I don’t have such intentions, there isn’t any motive to do so, mostly because there are several people form my team who belong to his weight class Minotouro, Maldonado, Feijao, Caldeirao. My weight is 84kg, that’s my title. But lots of people talk about it, and some of those are UFC's emploees. It’s obvious, I might be sayimh that I don't want, but if he accepts the money Dana offers him? It is going to get tough. It isn’t the cash that makes me do what I do, I fight because I like it. I don't know…I wouldn’t like. But if it’s going to happen it would have to be in catch weight. His belt wouldn’t be on the line. I alredy have my title, I don’t want my title to be on the loose.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

As Anderson quickly says he would fight Bones if it all came down to it.

This hissy fit should be over now. Why does he want it at a catch you ask? Why does GSP want a catch? He said he doesn't want to hold the belt and leave it. He said he doesn't want Bones's belt to be on the line because his isn't either. He also wants to stay the 185 champ.

Does he need to draw it out for you any clearer?

/thread over.

Rubber Guard

If I know Bones how I think I know him he will take offense to this and take a jab at Anderson. And it all begins.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Anderson

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post

This hissy fit should be over now. Why does he want it at a catch you ask? Why does GSP want a catch? He said he doesn't want to hold the belt and leave it. He said he doesn't want Bones's belt to be on the line because his isn't either. He also wants to stay the 185 champ.

Does he need to draw it out for you any clearer?

/thread over.
    He is asking for a catch weight when he fought at 205 three times before? Please who is he fooling besides you? You don't ask for a catch weight when u fought three times at this weight and as recently as 6 days ago. Again GSP has never fought at 185 so stop the nonsense. My god your love for A Silva is down right creepy.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    He is asking for a catch weight when he fought at 205 three times before? Please who is he fooling besides you? You don't ask for a catch weight when u fought three times at this weight and as recently as 6 days ago. Again GSP has never fought at 185 so stop the nonsense. My god your love for A Silva is down right creepy.
    Lol.

Now you are complaining that he wants a catchweight. :rollseyes:

You are such a goof. Next you will cry that he wants to use both hands.

Thor4140

Lol.

Now you are complaining that he wants a catchweight. :rollseyes:

You are such a goof. Next you will cry that he wants to use both hands.
    why does he need a catch weight asshole when he fought at 205 three times before?

Thor4140

quickly? Right after he hears Bones got an opponent already not before.

Rubber Guard

why does he need a catch weight asshole when he fought at 205 three times before?
    Because they are in 2 different weight classes. What the fock does it matter that he fought at 205 before? He weighed 202 at weigh ins. He wasn't even 205. Just as he was going to give GSP a catchweight he expects one in order to do a superfight. He said himself why would he want a belt if he would just drop it from retirement or going back to 185 anyway?

Again I don't see whats to throw a fit about. Because the old man is asking the kid to meet him around 201lbs it is that big of a deal?

Keep crying about it though.

Rubber Guard

quickly? Right after he hears Bones got an opponent already not before.
    try what? 5 days after he just fought? not quick enough for THOR! THOR expects guys to announce who they plan to fight next n between rounds of their current fight.

even though it has been said a million times you are too stupid to realize that if this fight happened it wouldn't happen right now. you seem to be in some hurry to get it over with. but that isn't how Jones, Anderson, or the UFC see it.

you don't think ever since UFC 151 fall out that the UFC hasn't been dead set on Chael vs. Bones on national tv each week?

perhaps the UFC should consult this ferry THOR before they plan anything out.

Thor4140

Because they are in 2 different weight classes. What the fock does it matter that he fought at 205 before? He weighed 202 at weigh ins. He wasn't even 205. Just as he was going to give GSP a catchweight he expects one in order to do a superfight. He said himself why would he want a belt if he would just drop it from retirement or going back to 185 anyway?

Again I don't see whats to throw a fit about. Because the old man is asking the kid to meet him around 201lbs it is that big of a deal?

Keep crying about it though.
    Let me see if i can write this were you can understand it. I will try writing it very slowly. At no time did Anderson ask anyone when he fought at 205 to fight at a catch weight. Do u have that now? All of a sudden he wants a catch weight at 205. I will repeat it again. When he fought Irving there was not talk about a catch weight.. When he fought Forrest there was no talk about a catch weight. When he fought Bonner. No talk about a catch weight. Now he all of a sudden wants a catch weight and not 205. Should i repeat it again or does that thick skull of yours got it now? The GSP fight is totally irrelevant here. Jones has to kill himself to get to 205. Why can't he just fight at 205 like the rest of the 205ers that Silva fought previously

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Jones has to kill himself to make 205 because he can't beat people his own size. Silva says he will fight Jones somewhere in the middle, but will Jones fight JDS somewhere in the middle? Spell that out slowly for us Thor. Jones is much larger than Silva.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Jones has to kill himself to make 205 because he can't beat people his own size. Silva says he will fight Jones somewhere in the middle, but will Jones fight JDS somewhere in the middle? Spell that out slowly for us Thor. Jones is much larger than Silva.
    Dude when Jones finally goes heavyweight he isn't gonna ask for catch weight fights. Never mind u guys win the debate. To watch a guy fight three times at 205 and never ask for a catch weight and now he wants one is pathetic. How do you know he can't beat people his own size.

FindTheLock

Dude when Jones finally goes heavyweight he isn't gonna ask for catch weight fights. Never mind u guys win the debate. To watch a guy fight three times at 205 and never ask for a catch weight and now he wants one is pathetic. How do you know he can't beat people his own size.
    No one knows if Jones can beat people his own size, because he has never fought anyone his own size. I am assuming he can't though, because if he could then he would be fighting them instead of bullying the smaller guys.

Rubber Guard

No one knows if Jones can beat people his own size, because he has never fought anyone his own size. I am assuming he can't though, because if he could then he would be fighting them instead of bullying the smaller guys.
    Instead he fought the 4th best MW and now is fighting the 2nd best MW, when he is the biggest 205er the UFC has seen. He is "defending" his title vs. guys Silva already beat.

Anderson Silva is a 185lb fighter. Because he has fought at 205 doesn't mean he is a 205 fighter. Hell he weighed in at 202 his last 205 fight.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Silva vs Weidman or Silva vs GSP are good match ups. Since Silva won't ever fight Jones.

Thor4140

What's he 25 now and you want him to move up already

FindTheLock

nah I'd rather sit on my computer and call Silva a pussy for not wanting to fight a heavyweight who likes to pick on middle weight fighters.

Rubber Guard

Anderson went from 168 to 185 around age 26 or 27. So it isn't that crazy of an idea.

Instead of HW Jones is fighting middleweights now though so I don't know.

Thor4140

Anderson went from 168 to 185 around age 26 or 27. So it isn't that crazy of an idea.

Instead of HW Jones is fighting middleweights now though so I don't know.
    this isn't even worth talking about what Jones has accomplished at 25 compared to Silva. He has beat 6 straight former champions. Pride Champs, UFC champs. The best fighters in the world. Silva beat three stiffs at 205. Yeah yeah yeah i know Forrest was a former champ. He won the title (bogus i might add) against a Rampage who said he didn't even train for the fight. he beat a totally out of shape shogun coming of a knee tear who later fixed that mistake. Forrest is such and average fighter just like Boonnar and the stiff Irvin was worse. Comparing what A silva did at that age and what Jones has accomplished is hysterical. Keep reaching.

Thor4140

nah I'd rather sit on my computer and call Silva a pussy for not wanting to fight a heavyweight who likes to pick on middle weight fighters.
    wht heavyweight picks on middleweight fighters? Are you over ten?

Rubber Guard

this isn't even worth talking about what Jones has accomplished at 25 compared to Silva. He has beat 6 straight former champions. Pride Champs, UFC champs. The best fighters in the world. Silva beat three stiffs at 205. Yeah yeah yeah i know Forrest was a former champ. He won the title (bogus i might add) against a Rampage who said he didn't even train for the fight. he beat a totally out of shape shogun coming of a knee tear who later fixed that mistake. Forrest is such and average fighter just like Boonnar and the stiff Irvin was worse. Comparing what A silva did at that age and what Jones has accomplished is hysterical. Keep reaching.
    You are so dumb.

What are you even talking about. Who is comparing their accomplishments at age 25? I said Anderson moved up a class in his mid 20s. What is your point?

FindTheLock

wht heavyweight picks on middleweight fighters? Are you over ten?
    I am beginning to wonder that myself. Only a prepubescent child would argue with someone who can not comprehend the errors in his own logic. Let's see, according to you anderson silva is a coward, but Jones is a dominant Champion. According to you Silva is fighting under his weight class while you admit Jones is squeezing into his with the help of the science behind weight cutting. Silva is almost 40 years old and has no trouble making 185, but he is fighting smaller guys according to you. Jones is 25 in his prime, but according to you "kills himself to make 205". According to you Jones has defeated champions that were equal in size, while silva has defeated nobodies that were a lot smaller than him. The more I read your words the more pity I have for you. You must not be very bright, so I will let you carry on with your non sense. Look at Jones vs almost every fighter he has faced, and you can clearly see his size advantage is tremendously larger than silva's in comparison to silva's opponents.

Rubber Guard

While UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) vs. welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) is still a strong possibility, UFC president Dana White has strengthened his stance on the possibility of Silva vs. light-heavyweight titleholder Jon Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC).

"I said it in Brazil, and I'll say it again: Hell yes, they will (fight)," he said Tuesday.

Time is ticking, though; Jones said he plans to be a heavyweight as early as next year.

White and Jones discussed his future on Tuesday as part of MetroPCS online chat. Jones, of course, already has a fight on his agenda: one with recent middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen. The two fighters are currently serving as coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter 17," which debuts in early 2013. The fighters then will meet in a title fight at the show's conclusion.

But speaking as though the mismatch (at least according to the oddsmakers) is a done deal, White discussed what's next for Jones. And it includes a fight Silva.

"I guarantee you that fight will absolutely happen," White said.

Although Silva favors a fight with St-Pierre, fans have slowly turned their attention to Silva vs. Jones. Part of the reason is that many see it as a fairer fight since the fighters appear closer in weight (Silva, after all, recently competed at light heavyweight for the third time in his UFC career).

White, though, isn't buying that argument.

"When people say that, it's crazy because a lot of people believe that Jon Jones should be fighting at heavyweight anyway," he said. "So to say that GSP-Anderson Silva doesn't make sense doesn't make sense. The cool thing about it is those are the top-three pound-for-pound fighters in the world, and the greatest fighter of all-time and the No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter of all time falls right in the middle. So [Silva] can fight Georges St-Pierre, and he can fight Jon Jones. They both make sense."

Jones' current residency in the 205-pound division could be short-lived, though. The 25-year-old still plans a move up in weight – one that would put Jones and Silva two weight classes apart.

And it could come within the next year.

"I'll definitely move up to heavyweight, but it will probably be around 2013, maybe at the end of 2013," he said. "Right now, I have a nutritionist, and I'm starting to take the career a lot more serious than I used to, so my weight cuts are getting a lot easier.

"I walk around a lot thinner, naturally, so that right now I'm like 225 (pounds). It's like a 20-pound cut. That's really easy. So I may look bigger than most people than I'm fighting, but I'm really not."

Not saying I believe Dana. He is a promoter. Not everything that he says he will or can back up. He promotes.

But was the spaz out worth it? 2 hours after Anderson gets done fighting people wanted to spaz out like teenage girls because he said he wouldn't fight Bones.

Now less than a month later both men said that fight could happen. And Dana White is now guaranteeing it. My how things change when the dust settles. People are too spastic to realize it though.

Lets all spaz out over this news then.

Thor4140

Not saying I believe Dana. He is a promoter. Not everything that he says he will or can back up. He promotes.

But was the spaz out worth it? 2 hours after Anderson gets done fighting people wanted to spaz out like teenage girls because he said he wouldn't fight Bones.

Now less than a month later both men said that fight could happen. And Dana White is now guaranteeing it. My how things change when the dust settles. People are too spastic to realize it though.

Lets all spaz out over this news then.
    kinda like spazzing out how Jones won't move up to heavyweight

Rubber Guard

kinda like spazzing out how Jones won't move up to heavyweight

Where is my thread about it?

Jones should stay at LHW. He makes that weight. He should stay at 205 until he can't make it. The same can be said about Anderson at MW. But I'd be all for this fight like I have said.

Good thread!

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Where is my thread about it?

Jones should stay at LHW. He makes that weight. He should stay at 205 until he can't make it. The same can be said about Anderson at MW. But I'd be all for this fight like I have said.

Good thread!
    Anderson isn't exactly a massive middleweight, however. People like to give him flack and say he's beating up guys significantly smaller than he is, but Chael Sonnen weighed over 215 lbs on fight night the second time around. Anderson, like most Brazillian fighters, doesn't cut a particularly large amount of weight; he has a long reach, yeah, but his weight cut is pretty manageable. He could cut to 170 lbs if he wanted to; his manager confirms this.

That's not to say that your point is incorrect; I agree with you. The talk of Jones being "too big for 205" is ridiculous. Yes, he's beating up significantly smaller guys, but that's not his fault, and asking him to go and fight significantly larger guys instead is ludicrous.

First 12