sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

i guess the judges used pride rules tonight.

Benson won on damage. Edgar won on the 10 point must system. Fu-k these inconsistent judges.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

Damage wins. Violence wins. Everyone wins.

ddream1
    ddream1's Avatar Become A Pro!

give him the rematch, he had to for penn and maynard, this score was horrible i thought, so edgar in the judges eyes(2 atleast) lost 4 rounds? he won the 1st, he dominated 4:48 seconds of the 2nd, lost the 3rd, 4th i thought he won but its really close and 5th he does everything right including a knockdown and he gets controlled for the final seconds and loses? i don't see it at all. most sites scoring 3R to 2R edgar, have to agree.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

bendo was just too big.

3rDnCalifornia
    3rDnCalifornia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

Its possible the scored the 2nd round 9-8 henderson..he had him pretty hurt after that up kick..

danso
    danso's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3036

Quote Originally Posted by 3rDnCalifornia View Post
    Its possible the scored the 2nd round 9-8 henderson..he had him pretty hurt after that up kick..
    It's a 10-point system, so the winner of the round gets 10 points unless there is a deduction for committing a foul.

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

Not the best idea to bet on a sport when you're unsure of how the rules work.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I feel your pain man.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by 3rDnCalifornia View Post

rocky502
    rocky502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

I saw it 48-47 Edgar but definitely could have been 48-47 Henderson. Henderson could have definitely stole a couple rounds by finishing them strong. Edgar definitely deserves a rematch and I would like to see it.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    bendo was just too big.

to big? edgar was slamming him around the mat like he was the stronger fighter

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Benson won on damage. Edgar won on the 10 point must system. Fu-k these inconsistent judges.

I said the same thing. Take downs meant nothing last night. Just love how judges grade fights from night to night

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by ddream1 View Post
    give him the rematch, he had to for penn and maynard, this score was horrible i thought, so edgar in the judges eyes(2 atleast) lost 4 rounds? he won the 1st, he dominated 4:48 seconds of the 2nd, lost the 3rd, 4th i thought he won but its really close and 5th he does everything right including a knockdown and he gets controlled for the final seconds and loses? i don't see it at all. most sites scoring 3R to 2R edgar, have to agree.

Yeah edgar wins 4.48 of the round but one up kick in some guys minds won Henderson at least three rounds

3rDnCalifornia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDane View Post
    Not the best idea to bet on a sport when you're unsure of how the rules work.
    Worked out for me.. How bout you??

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

I knew some one was going to bitch about this decision. yeah Frankie might have landed more but Bendo was the aggressor and so much more effective. NOT ONCE did you see Hendos head snap back from a punch from Edgar. the dude was fresh as hell at the start of the 5th and Frankie was a beaten battered mess.

3rDnCalifornia

Quote Originally Posted by danso View Post
    It's a 10-point system, so the winner of the round gets 10 points unless there is a deduction for committing a foul.
    Thanks for the info.. Would it be possibe for that round to be 10-8?? Or would it be 10-9 bendo?

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

So damage doesn't factor into the point system anymore?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    to big? edgar was slamming him around the mat like he was the stronger fighter
    Would have to agree, Henderson looked surprisingly weak during some of Frankie's takedown attempts and during scrambles. Edgar just threw him off him a couple times early on

zoo youk

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

^^^

You don't understand how the 10-point must system works if you're posting that. Btw, who won this fight?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    NOT ONCE did you see Hendos head snap back from a punch from Edgar.
    Henderson was knocked down by Edgar's punch once during the fight. It looked like a slip but it wasn't, he stunned him.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    ^^^

You don't understand how the 10-point must system works if you're posting that. Btw, who won this fight?

the point is none of Frankies strikes hurt Hendo. yeah maybe the one where it looked like a slip but that was it the entire fight.

you can compare it to a say a 30 year old in shape dude whos fighting an 18 year old whos just growing into his body. the 18 year old could land 100 punches and not even hurt the 30 year old where as the 30 year old could throw 5-10 punches and they would be absolutely devastating.

point being...Hendos size and strength was way to much for Edgar to handle. it showed.

and regardless of the argument I proposed above fight metrics still had Hendo landing more.
    http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/...icial-ufc.html

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Your example and posting of fightmetric stats are completely irrelevant. Not that it matters, but Compustrike had Edgar outlanding Bendo.

The point is: Total strikes over the course of a fight =/= 10-point must scoring system.

If you say that Bendo won by three specific rounds, I could at least understand where you're coming from. But posting damage pictures and talking about old man versus young man strength shows your just bleed colors...

3rDnCalifornia

^^^

Edgar by ko??

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Henderson was knocked down by Edgar's punch once during the fight. It looked like a slip but it wasn't, he stunned him.

These Henderson fans missed a lot of things especially that punch and him getting thrown around like somehow Edgar was the bigger man. I think it is sad that a guy gets his title taken away because one up kick basically won three rounds. It is kinda funny i see a lot of big boxing fans thinking Edgar won the fight. Then i see guys who only are MMA fans thinking Henderson almost killed Edgar. The fight was very close buttaken a title away from him after that performance from Henderson to me is a joke. Maynard in the first fight did more to Edgar. Hendo in his last two fights won those fights hands down bar none. A few sub attempts and a lucky up kick as well as 15 kicks all caught by Edgar won him the title. I also love how everyone thinks Edgar got hurt by all those kicks he caught. I guess if Rogan says it it must be true just like Goldie said the takedowns were even near the end of round five . Not one time did Frankie buckle from one of those caught leg kicks. I use to love Rogan but he is starting to be the Jim Lampley of MMA (seeing stuff nobody else is). He was telling us how great Aki was in round won when all he did was get a few take downs and nothing special. I thought Aki won round one but looking terrific Joe? Please. And again Aki wins round one with takedowns and some reason take downs last night meant nothing 30-27 Shields How about some consistency in this sport. U either call them or not. Not one card but not the next. (spelling and grammar not reviewed)O

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damage is not part of the unified rules of mixed martial arts. Not that I would expect posters on this forum to know that. Fedor has paper thin skin and cuts easily. He could've lost a lot of fights by "damage" But no just give a guy the fight because he's hyper at round number 5 that seems like a good way to tell who is the better fighter.

zoo youk

Your example and posting of fightmetric stats are completely irrelevant. Not that it matters, but Compustrike had Edgar outlanding Bendo.

The point is: Total strikes over the course of a fight =/= 10-point must scoring system.

If you say that Bendo won by three specific rounds, I could at least understand where you're coming from. But posting damage pictures and talking about old man versus young man strength shows your just bleed colors...
    LOL the whole fkn purpose of the sport is to knock your opponent out and hurt them or submit them. come on wake up.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Either way...Frankie deserves a re-match IMO. Think UFC are going to go out of their way to get him to fight at FW tho

zoo youk

Dana wants him to face Aldo

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

It's sad a guy fights five times the way Edgar has and still gets no respect. In fact, even with his stellar record, is being insulted by everyone from Rogan to White to the media who are asking him to drop a level. You can see it every time he's asked about Aldo and dropping down and his weight and if Henderson's size was an issue the irritation in his face.

He is handling himself like a true champion because he has every right to mention how many times he took Henderson down, how he knocked him down with his power, and how he was not gassed. How all of those things should answer very simply if he thinks he needs to go down a weight class.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    LOL the whole fkn purpose of the sport is to knock your opponent out and hurt them or submit them. come on wake up.
    That is not the purpose of the sport fool.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

People are putting way too much value into the "takedowns." I saw two actual takedowns. One in the second round where Edgar had some control, but then he ate the upkick to the face. The other was Henderson giving up the takedown so he could secure the guillotine. Every other takedown was a mere change of position where Henderson was up in a second and no damage or control was shown. I don't think those have any value in the fight.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    That is not the purpose of the sport fool.
    Oh really? What is it than?

Every guy that steps into that cage their main objective is to damage the other fighter, knock him out, submit him and if not that than completely dominate the opposition to get the decision.
    Last edited by zoo youk; 02-26-12 at 06:48 PM.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    People are putting way too much value into the "takedowns." I saw two actual takedowns. One in the second round where Edgar had some control, but then he ate the upkick to the face. The other was Henderson giving up the takedown so he could secure the guillotine. Every other takedown was a mere change of position where Henderson was up in a second and no damage or control was shown. I don't think those have any value in the fight.
    100% agree with this. Positional control is what scores heavy in modern mma, and takedowns without any control or damage inflicted should be scored lightly, if at all.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by more_betterness View Post
    100% agree with this. Positional control is what scores heavy in modern mma, and takedowns without any control or damage inflicted should be scored lightly, if at all.

the problem is that most every fight before this in MMA a takedown counted big. I can tell ya the bets i have lost from one of those late takedowns that the guy did nothing but somehow stole the round. How all of the sudden last night the take downs meant nothing? U can't just change the rules on the fly.

12 Last