Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    It's sad a guy fights five times the way Edgar has and still gets no respect. In fact, even with his stellar record, is being insulted by everyone from Rogan to White to the media who are asking him to drop a level. You can see it every time he's asked about Aldo and dropping down and his weight and if Henderson's size was an issue the irritation in his face.

He is handling himself like a true champion because he has every right to mention how many times he took Henderson down, how he knocked him down with his power, and how he was not gassed. How all of those things should answer very simply if he thinks he needs to go down a weight class.

I agree with ya to a point. Me, i think Frankie should move to 145 just for a career move. Frankie proved he can be king at 155 but at what cost. These guys are just to big for him even tho he wins. He won't take this kind of damage at 145. He is just taking to much damage at 155. If this was my kid i would beg him to go to 145. No need to take all this damage. He won't last another five years at this pace at 155.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I agree with ya to a point. Me, i think Frankie should move to 145 just for a career move. Frankie proved he can be king at 155 but at what cost. These guys are just to big for him even tho he wins. He won't take this kind of damage at 145. He is just taking to much damage at 155. If this was my kid i would beg him to go to 145. No need to take all this damage. He won't last another five years at this pace at 155.
    It's just insanely audacious and unprofessional for so many people to come out with it right after he loses. It's his body and I think there's something to be said for a fighter who wants to fight bigger opponents.

bipolar
    bipolar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

great point, u can only last so long against bigger stronger fighters... look at poor sakuraba, fuckin guy got killed when he was forced to fight the big boys of pride kuz he was the great yellow hope...

frankies career will last 5 years longer if he drops... and he could have an automatic title shot with aldo, leading to an insane war and mabye some crazy trilogy....

heres to hoping

Thor4140

It's just insanely audacious and unprofessional for so many people to come out with it right after he loses. It's his body and I think there's something to be said for a fighter who wants to fight bigger opponents.

I agree and to think he might not get a rematch is even more disrespectful after being in two. BJ gets his and Maynard gets his but for some reason Frankie doesn't get his cause Dana wants to see Pettis get it. A Pettis who some say lost to Stevenson just two fights ago. then again if u poll the fans it is the fight they want to see so it puts Frankie in a bad spot.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

the problem is that most every fight before this in MMA a takedown counted big. I can tell ya the bets i have lost from one of those late takedowns that the guy did nothing but somehow stole the round. How all of the sudden last night the take downs meant nothing? U can't just change the rules on the fly.
    I'm not "changing" shit, I've both made and lost plenty of money on nothing but takedowns in a fight. I agree that takedowns count big in MMA, but like I said, unless its a dead even round, a takedown where essentially zero control is exhibited shouldn't count for anything. Tell me the fights your talking about, I guarantee most of the fighters on the receiving end hit the canvas for more than the 2 seconds Benson was down on most of Frankie's attempts.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

I agree and to think he might not get a rematch is even more disrespectful after being in two. BJ gets his and Maynard gets his but for some reason Frankie doesn't get his cause Dana wants to see Pettis get it. A Pettis who some say lost to Stevenson just two fights ago. then again if u poll the fans it is the fight they want to see so it puts Frankie in a bad spot.
    Yeah, even in the post-fight conference you can see Edgar using that logic. I just don't think he gets the rematch and Dana White even said when asked about Pettis that Pettis is going to get a title shot.

I really liked Edgar as a fighter and it's just insane to me to see a guy with his history get so badly disrespected. It isn't bad enough he has had to do two rematches to "earn" his title, it isn't bad enough he lost a questionable match, it isn't bad enough he isn't going to get a rematch, but on top of all that bullshit he's being insulted because people are saying he isn't big enough to compete at that weight.

I'd be absolutely livid if I was him.

Quote Originally Posted by more_betterness View Post
    I'm not "changing" shit, I've both made and lost plenty of money on nothing but takedowns in a fight. I agree that takedowns count big in MMA, but like I said, unless its a dead even round, a takedown where essentially zero control is exhibited shouldn't count for anything. Tell me the fights your talking about, I guarantee most of the fighters on the receiving end hit the canvas for more than the 2 seconds Benson was down on most of Frankie's attempts.
    I think it isn't just the takedown but octagon control. If your opponent can take you down several times in a match, even if he doesn't control you on the ground, it's a pretty big fukking deal. If you believe takedowns only count with ground control, then you must think leg kicks should only count if they make the opponent stumble? Punches only count if it knocks the opponent down? Where does it start and where does it end?

Thor4140

Yeah, even in the post-fight conference you can see Edgar using that logic. I just don't think he gets the rematch and Dana White even said when asked about Pettis that Pettis is going to get a title shot.

I think it isn't just the takedown but octagon control. If your opponent can take you down several times in a match, even if he doesn't control you on the ground, it's a pretty big fukking deal. If you believe takedowns only count with ground control, then you must think leg kicks should only count if they make the opponent stumble? Punches only count if it knocks the opponent down? Where does it start and where does it end?

Yeah especially when the guy is two times the size of his opponent but it is him getting rag dolled. All of the sudden the rules have somehow changed with these guys. Takedowns mean nothing u have to control the guy now. Heck Pettis would have easily won his match with Guida if that was the case. He was the one controlling the match on the ground not Guida but for some reason those takedowns were huge. Story does nothing with his takedowns againt alves but somehow they won him the fight. The list goes on and on. For some reason the rules have changed over night.. Heck i like the new rules but who knows if they will stay. Akiyama got nothing for his takedowns.

Thor4140

when i have an extra couple of hours i will list them for ya. Are u fuking serious? U never saw a match were one of those sickening take downs wins a guy the fight when he does absolutely nothing with it?

more_betterness

when i have an extra couple of hours i will list them for ya. Are u fuking serious? U never saw a match were one of those sickening take downs wins a guy the fight when he does absolutely nothing with it?
    Doing nothing with it and your opponents ass barely touching the canvas are two completely different situations my friend.

Thor4140

Doing nothing with it and your opponents ass barely touching the canvas are two completely different situations my friend.

I didn't bet one cent on the fight but im sure if that was Bendo tossing Frankie around like that u would have said Frankie was being completely manhandled. I guess when a smaller guy tosses a guy to the ground numerous times it doesn't look that effective. Bendo got an up kick off because he got tossed to the ground. there is no up kick if Bendo wasn't getting manhandled. There is no guilitine if Bendo again doesn't get taken down. did u evver think Frankie didn't want to stay on the ground with Bendo?

more_betterness

I didn't bet one cent on the fight but im sure if that was Bendo tossing Frankie around like that u would have said Frankie was being completely manhandled. I guess when a smaller guy tosses a guy to the ground numerous times it doesn't look that effective. Bendo got an up kick off because he got tossed to the ground. there is no up kick if Bendo wasn't getting manhandled. There is no guilitine if Bendo again doesn't get taken down. did u evver think Frankie didn't want to stay on the ground with Bendo?
    I scored the fight 48-47 Frankie chief, don't pigeonhole me just yet. I think Frankie out struck him, and that he would have won the fight if Henderson doesn't land the upkick and steal that round, but in my opinion all but one of his takedowns were worthless. Whether he wanted to stay on the ground with Bendo is irrelevant, Benson still got up immediately following most of those takedowns. Hence, no positional control by Frankie, let alone significant strikes landed. Had Frankie controlled Benson from top position for even thirty seconds or so on a few of those takedowns, I believe that decision goes his way.

Thor4140

I scored the fight 48-47 Frankie chief, don't pigeonhole me just yet. I think Frankie out struck him, and that he would have won the fight if Henderson doesn't land the upkick and steal that round, but in my opinion all but one of his takedowns were worthless. Whether he wanted to stay on the ground with Bendo is irrelevant, Benson still got up immediately following most of those takedowns. Hence, no positional control by Frankie, let alone significant strikes landed. Had Frankie controlled Benson from top position for even thirty seconds or so on a few of those takedowns, I believe that decision goes his way.
    Well at least we both agree it was a close fight. some of these guys think Henderson won 8 out of the five rounds

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Benson won on damage. Edgar won on the 10 point must system. Fu-k these inconsistent judges.
    Someone is butthurt.
    Bendo out-classed him every round and deserved his victory.
    You're a biased idiot if you think Frankie deserved to win.

First 12