gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

ufc 136 4 u

AARON SIMPSON -- This could be Fight of the Night. (though, unlikely, given the main card) Most likely outcome is A-Train taking a decision. That's what my money would be on. A-Train straight + Decision prop.

STIPE MIOCIC -- My main worry here is Stipe's conditioning. Beltran's got a good chin with good conditioning and could go three rounds, no sweat, but if Stipe hasn't put him away by round 3, he himself might be put away in the third... I am just going to hope he is aware of his opponents conditioning + durability and has prepared himself properly for this bout. I don't see Stipe getting knocked out early in the fight. Had this not been his first UFC bout, I would have 100% guaranteed a win here... Even with the question marks, I see this as a great play. The fact that he has never faced a known opponent has people thinking he might not be able to handle UFC caliber heavyweights. The line isn't out yet, but I am really hoping he is an underdog. If he comes out an underdog or small favorite, I am hitting it big. I feel really good about Stipe winning this fight. He's got too much Croatian pride to lose his first fight in the UFC, especially when he is undefeated. Good play here, guys. Really hoping he's a dog, like Stanislav Nedkov at UFC 134. That was a similar play, except Stipe is more skilled than Nedkov, so I like my chances a little more here.

JEREMY STEPHENS -- I think Anthony Pettis has a better chance of winning this fight, as I initially felt he would when the fight was announced... but the juice on Pettis is just not worth it... and the odds on Stephens are way too good to pass up. Stephens has a really good chance at winning, and the return being offered for those chances are worth at least a small bet. Pettis' chances of losing are too high to risk the juice on him. I would say Pettis has a 60% shot and Stephens, 40%-- +250 with a 40% chance sounds good to me. That's how I'm rationalizing this one.

DEMIAN MAIA -- Maia is going to take a win here. This is a lock. I feel like he won his fight against Mark Munoz, even though he didn't get the decision. And I had my money on Munoz, so I was really happy with what I thought was a bad decision. Jorge Santiago is coming off a loss to Brian Stann, blames it on "octagon jitters." Brian Stann is a great fighter and Santiago was able to stand up with him for nearly two whole rounds. He should put up a challenge for Maia, but Maia will figure out a way to out-strike him and possibly put him away with a submission. Line isn't out on this fight yet, I am hoping the juice isn't above -250. I don't expect it to be above -200. Fingers crossed.

NAM PHAN -- Both of these guys are fighting for their careers here, I think. Not sure if Garcia would be cut, though I think he will, but Phan likely would...unless they get another Fight of the Night, I guess... I wasn't impressed with Phan against Mike Brown. I had him picked to win as a dog in that fight, and all I got was a loss for my L column. Here, I am, taking him again, against a guy who stole a decision from him. Phan should be smart going into this fight. He's Asian, so I expect him to do all his homework before it. He should be planning to put the pressure on Garcia to tire him out. He should be working on wrestling and ground and pound, as that is where he could have an advantage over Garcia. He can beat him with his striking alone, but he should be working on maximizing in other areas to guarantee a decision, if not KO or submit. I believe he will be looking for the knockout and a submission. I predict Nam Phan wins with submission, most likely a rear naked choke.

MELVIN GUILLARD -- Is he really worth -300? I feel like getting Joe Lauzon, a submission expert, at +270 would be a STEAL, especially against a guy whose biggest weakness are submissions... Lauzon's chances of submitting Guillard are pretty good... Lauzon via Submission would be a pretty good side bet to have... Unlike the Pettis vs Stephens fight, I have a little too much confidence in Guillard to bite into the + money being offered on Lauzon, even though Lauzon is one of my favorite lightweights. I can't shake the feeling that Guillard is going to take this one, likely with a KO in the first round. If not the first, then the second. This really is his fight to lose, and he should be too smart to get caught in a submission, although I would NEVER count Joe Lauzon out of catching anyone with a submission. I'm taking Guillard here, but surely not going big on him.

KENNY FLORIAN -- I will not count out Kenny Florian. He is way too determined and a very skilled fighter. If anybody can take out Aldo, it is him. At these odds, this is not a bad play. I haven't hit it yet, hoping it gets to +300.

GRAY MAYNARD -- His time. He's going to be smarter than he was in the last fight. I expect his conditioning to be better, going into the championship rounds. He's too determined. I hope he doesn't look for the knockout too eagerly, could get caught that way. He should be going for lots and lots of takedowns. If he shows up ready to fight smart, he will win this fight.

I wanted to bet on Brian Stann, but I am just going to sit back and enjoy that one.
    Last edited by gabe; 10-05-11 at 12:14 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    He's Asian, so I expect him to do all his homework before it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Jorge Santiago has fought a number of times in UFC before, I doubt "first-time jitters" was much of a factor

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Jorge Santiago has fought a number of times in UFC before, I doubt "first-time jitters" was much of a factor
    You're right... He has fought in the UFC years ago... But he personally blamed his loss to Brian Stann on octagon jitters, so take it up with him.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I think I'd be more inclined to believe that it's his average defence and questionable chin that are the problem

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I think I'd be more inclined to believe that it's his average defence and questionable chin that are the problem
    And I would be inclined to agree with you.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Rock on Gabe!!!

Hope you kill your book pal!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Rock on Gabe!!!

I wish I was his book.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I wish I was his book.
    I wish you were, too. 11-2 with NFL week 4 on top of the 1k I made off Saturday's UFC. =)

I got $825 to win $500 on the DBacks +1.5 right now and it is looking mighty sweet.

Oh, runyamouth; How I wish you were my book.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Rock on Gabe!!!

Thanks, buddy. Back at'cha.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

I wish you were, too. 11-2 with NFL week 4 on top of the 1k I made off Saturday's UFC. =)

I got $825 to win $500 on the DBacks +1.5 right now and it is looking mighty sweet.

Oh, runyamouth; How I wish you were my book.
    We can arrange it whenever you'd like. I don't offer credit wagering to people I don't know in person though. Let me know if you're interested.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

We can arrange it whenever you'd like. I don't offer credit wagering to people I don't know in person though. Let me know if you're interested.
    What good does it do me having a bookie who lives on the other side of the country? I don't know how you think this would work, but I'm listening.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

making some $$$$$$$$$ tomorrow

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

making some $$$$$$$$$ tomorrow
    Post your plays and amounts now, instead of afterwards like last time.

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

Odds that he won't?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I'm not done placing bets til literally seconds before each fight. What I'm risking now and what I'll end up risking by fight time are dif-- I haven't even placed bets on all the fights yet... and I often end up betting small on fights I don't have picked, just to make watching them a little more exciting. I might not do that for this card, though. Might just stick with fights I have picked. Also, betting small this week, in general. No really big bets like the past couple weeks.
    Last edited by gabe; 10-08-11 at 11:06 AM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by SATERSTYLE View Post
    Odds that he won't?

+1000 as odds for "Saterstyle will one day bring a woman to orgasm"

risk 10k to win 100k

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I'm not done placing bets til literally seconds before each fight. What I'm risking now and what I'll end up risking by fight time are dif-- I haven't even placed bets on all the fights yet... and I often end up betting small on fights I don't have picked, just to make watching them a little more exciting. I might not do that for this card, though. Might just stick with fights I have picked. Also, betting small this week, in general. No really big bets like the past couple weeks.
    Most of my comments I've directed at you have been meant to have a d*ckish context, but I mean this in all seriousness as bettor...

The betting style you've described above lacks discipline and lends itself to chasing.

Ultimately, as a bettor, this will be your demise.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Most of my comments I've directed at you have been meant to have a d*ckish context, but I mean this in all seriousness as bettor... The betting style you've described above lacks discipline and lends itself to chasing. Ultimately, as a bettor, this will be your demise.
    you're right, what i do isn't smart, because i often end up going more on someone than i intended on or something like that (although, they usually win)-- that is not a good strategy, but it is not a strategy at all-- i am just having fun betting on fights. Two weeks ago was the first time I got hit and ended up chasing and had a bad night. My mistake was chasing on a fighter I hardly knew anything about just because he was a heavy favorite. Thought I would bring money back, but lost way more. Pwnd. I learned to never bet like that on someone I don't know much about, especially in a chase situation.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Stipe Miocic -275
    Risking 275.00 To Win 100.00 USD

Jeremy Stephens +210
    Risking 75.00 To Win 157.50 USD

Demian Maia -320
    Risking 320.00 To Win 100.00 USD

Only three bets I have currently placed. Waiting for closer to fight time to lock in others, hoping lines change in my favor.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Got any six fight parlays that have a 73% chance of winning for us this week bud?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Stipe Miocic -275

Jeremy Stephens +210

Demian Maia -320

Only three bets I have currently placed. Waiting for closer to fight time to lock in others, hoping lines change in my favor.
    Wow some horrible odds with those brah! GL tho

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Wow some horrible odds with those brah! GL tho
    yeah, i didn't catch maia when he got down to -280 and didn't take stephens at a better price... really missed out on stipe at a good price, too, but oh well- locked these in before they got worse

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Got any six fight parlays that have a 73% chance of winning for us this week bud?
    Was wondering who the unfunny guy would be to ask that, but then I thought no one was unfunny enough to do so... I stand corrected.

bogbat

What's more unfunny, my poking fun at your 73% chance to win 6 parlay or the fact that you made the claim in the first place?

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Stipe Miocic -275

Jeremy Stephens +210

Demian Maia -320

Damn..

I REALLY don't see Stipe as a good bet at -275, or Maia at -320 but hey, good luck man!! I hope you hit two out of those three.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    Damn..

I REALLY don't see Stipe as a good bet at -275, or Maia at -320 but hey, good luck man!! I hope you hit two out of those three.
    I don't like them at those odds, either, but waddayagonnado?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    What's more unfunny, my poking fun at your 73% chance to win 6 parlay or the fact that you made the claim in the first place?
    Well, both are unfunny. You are unfunny, and there is certainly nothing funny about any opinions I have on bets, since I have a history of hitting a majority of them.

Oh, and please, do put time into learning the difference between a claim and an opinion.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

You need to get a 5dimes account asap. Those odds are you got are bad. Either way though I think you make money tonight.

proposition joe

I don't like them at those odds, either, but waddayagonnado?
    Lol. Well, you'll probably get out okay so it won't hurt you. I can tell you one thing though. If Miocic does win and gets a step up in competition for his next fight, I will more than likely be betting against him HARD. Me picking Beltran over him was more due to my lack of confidence in Stipe than anything that I think Beltran will offer.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Lol. Well, you'll probably get out okay so it won't hurt you. I can tell you one thing though. If Miocic does win and gets a step up in competition for his next fight, I will more than likely be betting against him HARD. Me picking Beltran over him was more due to my lack of confidence in Stipe than anything that I think Beltran will offer.
    You're telling me if he gets an impressive victory tonight, you will bet against him?

If he barely wins, then you've got a point, but if he knocks Beltran out or gets an impressive decision, then I would think twice about going against him. Especially if he faces someone like Brendan Schaub... coming off an impressive victory over Beltran, going up against Schaub at +money, I would be on Stipe...

let's not get ahead of ourselves, though. Beltran can have his number tonight.

proposition joe

You're telling me if he gets an impressive victory tonight, you will bet against him?

If he barely wins, then you've got a point, but if he knocks Beltran out or gets an impressive decision, then I would think twice about going against him. Especially if he faces someone like Brendan Schaub... coming off an impressive victory over Beltran, going up against Schaub at +money, I would be on Stipe...

let's not get ahead of ourselves, though. Beltran can have his number tonight.
    In my opinion, Schaub would MAUL Stipe. Only if Stipe showcases his wrestling tonight would I be swayed to favor him over any legit HWs.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

In my opinion, Schaub would MAUL Stipe. Only if Stipe showcases his wrestling tonight would I be swayed to favor him over any legit HWs.
    Can't judge Stipe 'til we see him fight tonight.

proposition joe

Can't judge Stipe 'til we see him fight tonight.
    You're right. I've seen footage of a few fights, however, so I do have a basis for my opinions.

bogbat

Well, both are unfunny. You are unfunny, and there is certainly nothing funny about any opinions I have on bets, since I have a history of hitting a majority of them. Oh, and please, do put time into learning the difference between a claim and an opinion.
    So because you claim to be the comedian you're the decided of all that is funny now? Did you ever tell us what your name is? An aspiring comedian would want to get their name out there right?

Maybe you really are a brilliant comedian, and your real motive for posting these wagers is to make us laugh.

12 Last