Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Sonnen won't just lay on him. He will lay in guard for three rounds.
    Fixed.

What the casual fans won't forget though...is Sonnen calling an american hero a fraud or whatever else he comes up with.
    There's still more value in having the aforementioned American hero completely wipe out a perennial top 10 middleweight in the form of Mark Munoz. As I said, Sonnen already has a very credible claim for a title shot on the basis that he dominated the current champ for four and a half rounds. Footage of that coupled with more of Sonnen's trash talk will be more than enough to enthuse the casual fans about a rematch.

As for Stann, we should be riding that hype train for as long as we can, not feeding him to an already established contender. Stann is destined to get exposed eventually, but it just so happens that - right now - he matches up very favourably against another guy toward the top of the division (Munoz). They missed the ball by not making that fight in my opinion.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

They won't let munoz lose to a non-contender.
    They need him for the fillipino market.

Ladle

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    They won't let munoz lose to a non-contender.

They need him for the fillipino market.
    They put Munoz up against Yushin Okami while Munoz was on a three fight win streak. Okami's win streak at that point in time consisted of a single win over Lucio Linhares.

Munoz is in jeopardy the moment he comes up against anyone who has a decent technical striking game and a bit of power. Might as well let Stann be the one to clobber him, thus making the All American hype train a sleeker, faster beast.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

only reason sonnen didn't get an immediate rematch is because of the suspension. getting an immediate title shot right after he's been suspended would send the wrong message.
    Last edited by sportsfanatic; 07-07-11 at 02:02 PM.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    They put Munoz up against Yushin Okami while Munoz was on a three fight win streak. Okami's win streak at that point in time consisted of a single win over Lucio Linhares.

Munoz is in jeopardy the moment he comes up against anyone who has a decent technical striking game and a bit of power. Might as well let Stann be the one to clobber him, thus making the All American hype train a sleeker, faster beast.
    a munoz fight against stann is still possible even if stann loses to sonnen.

Ladle

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    a munoz fight against stann is still possible even if stann loses to sonnen.
    If Stann gets embarrassed by Sonnen (very probable), then they're not going to put him against a guy like Munoz who's currently on a three fight win streak. Doesn't make any sense, and Joe Silva doesn't like pairing guys coming off losses with guys on win streaks anyway.

Only way the fight happens is if Munoz also loses his next fight, but that's all a bit hypothetical, given that we don't even know who Munoz is going to be matched up with yet.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    If Stann gets embarrassed by Sonnen (very probable), then they're not going to put him against a guy like Munoz who's currently on a three fight win streak. Doesn't make any sense, and Joe Silva doesn't like pairing guys coming off losses with guys on win streaks anyway.

Only way the fight happens is if Munoz also loses his next fight, but that's all a bit hypothetical, given that we don't even know who Munoz is going to be matched up with yet.
    i was looking forward to the sonnen-silva rematch. but hey, this is sonnen's own fault for missing the opportunity. the ufc wins either way if sonnen or stann wins as either would become credible opponents for silva.
    Last edited by sportsfanatic; 07-07-11 at 02:11 PM.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

sonnen vs machida would have meant the sonnen-silva rematch would lose it's shine, because machida would beat him and obviously machida will never fight silva.

this way, the winner of the sonnen vs stann fight gets to fight silva next.
    Last edited by sportsfanatic; 07-07-11 at 02:15 PM.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just placed a decent bet on Sonnen to lock him in at -200. Too bad the fight is so far away but I couldn't pass that line up.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Chael wins this one with ease. He may even submit Stann ...

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I want to see a silva sonnen rematch. I want to see what happens when Silva isn't injured and Chael isn't doped up.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Sonnen is already at -250. Fight is too far off for me at that price.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Jus wait for Sonnen by dec

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Jus wait for Sonnen by dec
    Probably will... and Stann tko.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree, Sonnen by decision is probably the best play here.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I would love to see Stann tko Sonnen....

*sigh*

The obvious play is Sonnen decision though.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

This fight is all Chael. I'm going to load up on Chael by decision. It's the only play if you ask me. Maybe hedged by Stan by TKO.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

if Sonnen wins this they put him back in with Silva. Can't remember but was the rematch on before they found out about Sonnens drug test?

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

price is too steep for me right now especially with how good stann has been

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    price is too steep for me right now especially with how good stann has been
    Stann has looked sharp lately... but he hasn't exactly fought top competition, has struggled against wrestlers, and the Leben he made look bad wasn't the typical Leben... he was sick as hell and a shell of himself. Just couldn't afford to miss that paycheck. I think Chael pretty much neutralizes anything fancy that Stann throws at him and withstanding that one big shot will likely get decisioned. The only downside to betting on Chael is the question mark of how well he performs after getting caught with PEDs, his mental state, and the 14 mo. layoff.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    if Sonnen wins this they put him back in with Silva. Can't remember but was the rematch on before they found out about Sonnens drug test?
    yes, sonnen was going to get an immediate rematch but then he got suspended.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

i think the odds for sonnen by dec. will suck and also i'm slightly worried about chael opening up a fight stopping cut with elbows etc from guard

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

5dimes has props for this fight.

Stann inside the distance +500
    Sonnen wins by 3 round decision -103

I made a play on Stann inside the distance, but I'm going to wait on Sonnen by decision. Hopefully I can eventually get it at + odds.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

I went ahead and took Sonnen by dec at -103. I don't see it getting much better.

RivaTrader
    RivaTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 418

The odds seem good to me. Sonnen's last 5 wins are all decisions. His last 3 losses are all submissions, but I don't see Stann submitting Sonnen. If Silva couldn't TKO/KO Sonnen, it's unlikely that Stann could.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

No chance for sonnen to stop him by GNP?I know Sonnen hasnt stopped anyone recently.. but i always thought his GNP was solid, and its inevitable that he will stop some guys from that position. Stann is durable though.. but just something to consider.

First 12